Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's The "little" Things That Count

KingKeif

A recent post really got me thinking. A lot of people have been complaining about how Warframe is getting entirely boring, and suggesting ways to improve this. As pdxdubin pointed out earlier this evening, Warframe doesn't really leave a mark on it's players. In 5 years from now, when most of us will have most likely moved on to newer games, will you remember Warframe? Will it have left a memorable mark on your life? After a while of playing the game in it's current state, I would say, I probably won't.

Let me suggest and explain one thing that isn't "little" by any means, but would have and still could put this game into the next level. 

When I logged into Warframe for the first time, I was very excited to see the solar system. Planets and moons, lined up in an accurate order. Being a space geek, it had me pretty excited. I quickly lost that excitement when I realized I would be on ships most of the time (I guess they are just near the planet?). I was immediately asking myself, "What was the point of these planets set up like our solar system?" I'm all for ship tile sets for the gas planets. That only makes sense. Then finally I made it to a mission on a planetary surface. Again the excitement was kicked out of my chest. The same planetary tile sets on different planets... The same ship for different planets... It was a huge let down, to say the least. 

What DE needs to realize is; it's little things like this that could make their game IN-F%CKING-CREDIBLE.

Let's say they made an individual tile set for all planets and moons. This would have an incredible impact on the game. Not only would would it increase the diversity of the dull and overused tilesets, it would set into place multiple different locations for UNIQUE lore. Imagine planets like Mars that actually made you feel like you were fighting on Mars. Imagine gunning down grineer on Earth. Imagine the epic lore that could be built into fighting around the actual solar system!

Now let's talk ship tile sets on gas planets. Only makes sense right? You would never be running around on Jupiter. This is where your ship tile sets come into play. Honestly go ahead, use the ones we have now. Use one for Grineer and infested, and another for Corpus (who ever happens to inhabit the gas planets.) 

These are the things that people would remember. These are the things that would make people tell their friends about Warframe. These are the things that would put Warframe in magazines and blogs. THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT WOULD WIN AWARDS FOR WARFRAME!

DE, we really don't need more weapons. We REALLY don't need more mods. We need a reason to stay.

I know what I am suggesting would take time. What would I suggest is to release a new tile set, planet by planet. As quick as they can be made. I'm not asking for terribly accurate tile sets. Just something that gives you the feeling of where you would actually be. Considering we don't know what the surfaces of most of these planets/moons are really like and Warframe is obviously in some futuristic time, you have complete creative control. 

We've seen the voids, were seen the impressive derelict tile sets. I know for a fact this can be done. This is a game changer DE. This will set Warframe into so many awesome new directions. Just imagine the incredible story to be told in the soon to come lore. You could release the lore as you release the tile sets... The opportunities this sets up would be amazing. 

Greatest thing? You'll have people interested in your game. Old and new.

Community: Let me hear your thoughts on this. 

- KingKeif

Edited by KingKeif

We get the whole "no more weapons thing" often. Frankly, that's not how game development works. There is an art designer who designs a weapon. A modeler who models of, an artist who textures it, and a coder who just implements it with stats. If there were no weapons or really anything to design why would the artists do? Nothing. And they will still get paid. That's counter productive and is not a financially good move. Simple, this gets said a lot and it seems to get the same exact answers.

If they start releasing tile sets what difference does it make in the reason you have to at? I remember being excited for Phobos and when I got there I was fascinated but I haven't gone there since because there is no worthwhile mission and it's still the exact same game just with a different look.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

It's happening, slowly but surely. Phobos has its own unique tilesets and Jupiter is next in line for an overhaul. In time i'd expect every planet to end up being different to the next.

That's the reason why I'll remember Warframe. Because it will get more and more developped with time. At least, I hope so.

You  said what I really wanted to say, thank you!

We appreciate the new weapons/mods/warframes, but we have enough of them for now!.

Like KingKelf said, "These are the things that would make people tell their friends about Warframe. ". Telling my friends about the X weapon/mod/warframe won't motivate them to join our community!! Things like AI, tilesets, animations, graphics are what bring new players!!

We get the whole "no more weapons thing" often. Frankly, that's not how game development works. There is an art designer who designs a weapon. A modeler who models of, an artist who textures it, and a coder who just implements it with stats. If there were no weapons or really anything to design why would the artists do? Nothing. And they will still get paid. That's counter productive and is not a financially good move. Simple, this gets said a lot and it seems to get the same exact answers.

You're telling me these people who are designing and texturizing weapons, can't help on a tile set? I find that entirely hard to believe. I'm sure coders, could also do some much needed balancing and bug fixes. 

The point is. I would like to see more time spent into development of the game as a whole other than a new weapon every week.

Edited by KingKeif

You're telling me these people who are designing and texturizing weapons, can't help on a tile set? I find that entirely hard to believe. I'm sure coders, could also do some much needed balancing and bug fixes.

The point is. I would like to see more time spent into development of the game as a whole other than a new weapon every week.

It's very early and I only skimmed this post so I edited the original a little. Even if they add new tile sets what reason do you have to play? It'll still be the same game as it was only with new levels that will wear themselves out just like the current ones. Look at Phobos, I have never heard anyone in my 200+ clan say they want to go to or have been to Phobos since it came out unless they are new and want the weapons. Once I got them I never went back, so much for that! Same will go with the new corpus area, I'll go check out the boss, get the loot, then never come back after 2 days because I need to level my gear on Chyath or need resources from survival.

Don't forget they don't just have 1 person doing one thing. They probably have someone who specializes in level design make the levels while the art designers make weapons in the meantime. Levels are difficult to design well, they take time.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

I don't see how this game is "forgettable". It has a rather unique style to it, tons of diversity, and a dev team that actually acknowledges players exist. All of these are exceedingly rare.

As for your basic demand of "more tilesets", they're working on it. There's *at least* two sets in production right this very minute, the gas planet tiles and the forest planet tiles. They're clearly not done, by a long stretch.

As for mods and weapons, the variety they offer is part of what makes the game great--every week or so, gameplay potential is totally turned on it's head by something new and exciting. As others have mentioned, they have staff working *specifically* on weapons and *specifically* on mods, so there's no particular reason to stop them. You're basically just asking for certain DE employees to be fired. That's kinda harsh.

The funniest part is, I showed this game to one of my friends recently, and his exact words were that the game was incredible. In fact, for about... 3 days, that's all he would say. The game is incredible. The design is incredible. The details are incredible. The only thing that hasn't floored him so far is the chat system(needs work, seems clunky, strange that it's poorly done when compared with the rest of the game).

Don't sell it so short. It's quite an impressive work of art so far, and by all measurements, they're just getting started(Hello to Megan and Episode 3 of Time Prime)

DE, we really don't need more weapons. We REALLY don't need more mods. We need a reason to stay.

Nah bro... here take this crossbow, you can use flamethrower and a crossbow or a rocket launcher and a crossbow, ninja style !

But seriously now, to the point.

Ive been sugested same things, and got raged, bashed, and insulted for asking a open world feature from a dungeon crawler type game. <<< Thats friendly community right there.

Ive been sugested in like... 2 or 3 different threads to stop the new weapons and mods to keep comming, got told that i dont know how marketing works in games. <<< Another wonderful example of friendly community!

Ive made a thread writing my toughts about DE and warframe, and i got bashed for complaining by.... you. <<< Ahh dont you love the community? Making a thread with your toughts and saying your point, then get accused of "Out of all threads I've read tonight, yours is just a little rant. You kinda just stated the things you have problems with, attempted to insult DE, and then just gave up. GG, QQ."

And then you again, made a thread with this "Let me suggest and explain one thing that isn't "little" by any means, but would have and still could put this game into the next level.

I guess only im complaining and making rant little threads, you are just... explaining. Seems Legit.

Edited by Desauron

I remember when i played mabinogi, i got my name put on a weapon upgrade that everyone else who uses that upgrade will see. I have yet to forget that or mabinogi. All i got from warframe so far is grind and rng and grind. Althogh the memories of starting with my friends will stick.

I don't see how this game is "forgettable". It has a rather unique style to it, tons of diversity, and a dev team that actually acknowledges players exist. All of these are exceedingly rare.

As for your basic demand of "more tilesets", they're working on it. There's *at least* two sets in production right this very minute, the gas planet tiles and the forest planet tiles. They're clearly not done, by a long stretch.

As for mods and weapons, the variety they offer is part of what makes the game great--every week or so, gameplay potential is totally turned on it's head by something new and exciting. As others have mentioned, they have staff working *specifically* on weapons and *specifically* on mods, so there's no particular reason to stop them. You're basically just asking for certain DE employees to be fired. That's kinda harsh.

The funniest part is, I showed this game to one of my friends recently, and his exact words were that the game was incredible. In fact, for about... 3 days, that's all he would say. The game is incredible. The design is incredible. The details are incredible. The only thing that hasn't floored him so far is the chat system(needs work, seems clunky, strange that it's poorly done when compared with the rest of the game).

Don't sell it so short. It's quite an impressive work of art so far, and by all measurements, they're just getting started(Hello to Megan and Episode 3 of Time Prime)

Stop being a brainless fanboy. On every thread you have something contradictory to say.

Say something constructive or shut up. Needless praise doesn't help anyone.

The game is nice, yes, otherwise none of us would be here. But it lacks depth in both gameplay and lore, is somewhat repetitive after a while and the tile sets are pretty random (opened snowy enviroment on venus. Whats next? a jungle on jupiter?)

Basically everything he said in the thread is right, suggestions are ok, why contradict it? Do they pay you to do that? i don't get it.

Edited by VendettaSET

Some day I want to be able to actually remember which systems I did what on because the names matter lol.

Hey.... hey people over there fighting!..... Hey!..... yeah you.... yes..... would you mind taking whatever lovers quarrel from whatever threadsit came from out so we can talk about the good idea of having reason care about what planet where on?Kthanks