Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Ceilings and Out of Bound needs to be changed

0_The_F00l

Hello, 

I had run a general discussion about raising the heights of ceilings and out of Bound respawn and have mostly been met with support. 

I understand the old tilesets edges were not expected to be breached, but with the added mobility and means of traversal that exist (arcane consequence, titania razor wing, wormhole, wall hopping ) they are becoming frequent detriments to have a mobility focused gameplay. 

The recent tilesets (jupiter and corpus ship rework) rarely encounter these issues (except when you fall off the gas city) but other relatively open tilesets like earth, venus, ceres at many times break your flow by respawning you to a place that causes disorientation. 

I have few suggestions with that regard :

1) increase the height of all the ceilings such that it cannot be breached by a single boosted bullet jump (with 100% parkour speed for example) 

2) apply collision and introduce a stagger /pushdown like it happens on open world tilesets. 

3) Have specific grapple points like in batman games to get back using the parazon at a location that is towards your momentum and not behind you (might as well make use of the parazon to do more cool things even if it looks like it's held together by glue and paperclips) 

I agree. Also while we're at it, they could look at pits as well. When you start falling into a pit you usually can get away from it with a simple double jump or a bullet jump, before actually falling deep into it, however, on old tilesets the out-of-bound trigger is so close, that you often just get teleported out of it anyways, even when you already jumped out of the pit on your own.

On 2020-07-17 at 4:23 AM, Genitive said:

Yes, this would be great.

I would also like to be able to swim in open worlds, so I don't get teleported away when going in too deep.

dont know why this hasnt become a thing since sharkwing was added. sharkwing fishing might be interesting.

Archived