Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should you report someone for intentionally sabotaging a mission?

(PSN)Oromuerto

Question

Did a public lobby high level sabatoge. Another person loaded in as I was almost done. On this particular one there is a time limit to extract.

Despite the screen warning the time limit and me warning via chat that time was getting low, person was near extraction area but wouldn’t go into the circle, just was goofing around, so mission failed and lost some of the cool stuff I’d picked up. They were MR20+ so it’s not like they don’t know how extraction worked.

Said “thanks” in the chat out of frustration when the mission failed and they immediately responded with “no problem :3” so they clearly weren’t AFK and were aware they’d caused the mission to fail. Would you report for intentionally sabotaging? 

1 minute ago, Slayer-. said:

Extraction is only a minute, so plenty of time to stand on extraction and make other player extract as well, unless both players were screwing around.

Unless there's less than a minute on the meltdown timer.

If they both hit the extraction, they extract immediately. If not, the meltdown timer kicks in, and it's an instant fail.

Although I would say you should not have any expectations when doing a public mission. 

This does seem something you should report for griefing of you have taken screenshot to back your claim. 

Also I am curious. It's usually 5 minutes for critical meltdown. And unless you are really really slow you can usually get to extraction in most sabotage missions even without bullet jumping (I know cause a few friends and I did a " cool people don't run from explosions"  terminator Nyx run with a minute to spare),

And the extraction itself has a 1 minute timer, you would need extremely bad luck for one guy to join while you have less than one minute to failure.

Yes... Report them... that being said... ask them nicely not to grief exactly once.

If epic trolling presents itself report and do not engage any further. Better to let them imagine they got to you (even if they didnt). Dont feed the troll... thats what they want... dont give them the satisfaction. 

In my case whenever someone griefs i just treat as if i just lost all my Progress in ESO.... theres no one to complain to (seriously even DE doesnt care) so i just bite my lip try not to spread the misery.

Ignore what everyone told you... You should totally Bottle your feelings inside until they burst.

On 2020-07-16 at 11:55 PM, (PS4)Oromuerto said:

They were MR20+ so it’s not like they don’t know how extraction worked.

Just as an aside, I'd bet there's a significant percentage of MR20 players who don't know about the detonation timer or who've forgotten it exists.  It's not exactly common and just playing normally it's hard to fail it.

Am 17.7.2020 um 12:20 schrieb Butterfly85:

Yup. If you get the critical meltdown random event, you've got 5 minutes to get out or *BOOM*

i think even without the random even it can fail, i went afk and forgot i was in the Invite only Lobby and the Mission failed aftert 17minutes of Mission Time

Hi all. Its a question of fairness. Some people in life just cant do the right thing in an acceptable manner, they trample on other peoples right and actions.  Problem here is you need proof, otherwise is he said/she said. Is it worth it to you, to report it???  Something to think about?

20 hours ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

I'd rank him right up there with the Limbo player who kept deliberately banishing me during an extermination mission

Same as with Volts speed, roll to get out of it. Plus you can still kill with abilities while banished.

When someone banish you for kicks. Do either of the two I mentioned, kill with abilities or roll and get out. Outkill him on ext. Then give the old "git gud"

4 minutes ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

And that really makes it even more of a $&*^ move to stall the extraction.

I honestly wouldn't believe people did stuff like this, except last night I saw one guy actively trying to screw up somebody else's fissure mission by trying to extract before a guy who joined late had 10 reactants (he'd literally been in the mission less than a minute) and when two of us backtracked to help the guy out, repeatedly calling a lift so that others couldn't get on it.

I'd rank him right up there with the Limbo player who kept deliberately banishing me during an extermination mission and then messaged me 'Why didn't you shoot anything, 🙂 ?' 

Utter @ssholes...

Welcome to the human race where some players are utter morons who live to grief other players because they get off on it.

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

They must have got into trouble then, I normally have heaps left on the timer, so yeah it might have stuffed them up.

And that really makes it even more of a $&*^ move to stall the extraction.

I honestly wouldn't believe people did stuff like this, except last night I saw one guy actively trying to screw up somebody else's fissure mission by trying to extract before a guy who joined late had 10 reactants (he'd literally been in the mission less than a minute) and when two of us backtracked to help the guy out, repeatedly calling a lift so that others couldn't get on it.

I'd rank him right up there with the Limbo player who kept deliberately banishing me during an extermination mission and then messaged me 'Why didn't you shoot anything, 🙂 ?' 

Utter @ssholes...

7 hours ago, (PS4)Oromuerto said:

-Snip-

Yeah, iv had issues with people trolling in missions with me that ended up forcing the whole squad to leave and i did report them.

The last time i had issue with a Troll was a Sorties Mobile Defense mission on the Corpus Ice planet tileset where the troll grabbed the payload and kept trying to find a place to drop it that was not accessible. The team started complaining and telling him to return the payload and/or leave the mission then he started calling everyone names. One of the teammates left and another random person joined, then another teammate left and it was just me, the troll and the newly joined random guy, the troll continued calling us names and hopping around with the payload and then managed to find a place where he could drop the payload which we couldnt grab before he left.

I screenshotted the guy multiple times, when he was in corners or places trying to drop the payload, the chat showing the teammates complaining and the guy calling us names then sent the screenshots with my report.

4 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

Wait, you can fail a sabotage?! o.O' 
Thanks for the info, didn't know that.

If the core integrity is compromised and the timer shows up for you to extract, yes you can fail. Basically the ship explodes with you inside.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

Unless there's less than a minute on the meltdown timer.

If they both hit the extraction, they extract immediately. If not, the meltdown timer kicks in, and it's an instant fail.

They must have got into trouble then, I normally have heaps left on the timer, so yeah it might have stuffed them up.

1 minute ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

If the critical meltdown expires before the extraction does, you fail the mission, and it sounds like this is what happened. So the other guy sees two countdown timers on screen, ignores both of them, deliberately avoids extracting and then acts like a $&*^ in chat,

A real shame that you can't 'name and shame' on here...

Extraction is only a minute, so plenty of time to stand on extraction and make other player extract as well, unless both players were screwing around.

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Were you standing on extraction, with only the two of you it would have started an extraction timer and stopped the other players moron mode.

If the critical meltdown expires before the extraction does, you fail the mission, and it sounds like this is what happened. So the other guy sees two countdown timers on screen, ignores both of them, deliberately avoids extracting and then acts like a $&*^ in chat,

A real shame that you can't 'name and shame' on here...

5 hours ago, (PS4)Oromuerto said:

Did a public lobby high level sabatoge. Another person loaded in as I was almost done. On this particular one there is a time limit to extract.

Despite the screen warning the time limit and me warning via chat that time was getting low, person was near extraction area but wouldn’t go into the circle, just was goofing around, so mission failed and lost some of the cool stuff I’d picked up. They were MR20+ so it’s not like they don’t know how extraction worked.

Said “thanks” in the chat out of frustration when the mission failed and they immediately responded with “no problem :3” so they clearly weren’t AFK and were aware they’d caused the mission to fail. Would you report for intentionally sabotaging? 

Clearly intentional, so yeah, I would.

I would report them for griefing, both out of spite and because if enough people report them then DE might punish them.  Will hopefully result in either the person changing how they act, or them leaving the game.

Oh and as Taiiat mentioned, you'll want some evidence.  If you have an Nvidia GPU then maybe look into shadowplay.  It has a feature that allows you to save the last x number of minutes (up to 30 I think) as a video.  Or you could take some screenshots showing player movement, chat responses, progress screen etc.

if you'd like - clearly intentional without any doubt.

however, you'd really want some proof of your own. the data that Digital Extremes will have about the Mission will have some bits, but it's not like the remote location is live recording every Players' Camera or anything.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Oromuerto said:

Sure, you can report for griefing

Archived