Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which frame are best for Steel Path?

kwlingo

I'm not complete yet but was wondering what others have been using to speed run every mission.

Ive been using Khora for almost everything except Capture, Rescue, and Sabotage as I use Titania for max power strength Razorwing Blitz less than 50 second missions. Khora's whip for any kind of damage spamming and then max range and duration for stationary mission and go afk till timer count down finishes. Then eventually invisible frame for later spy mission when you need 3/3 hack for completing mission.

Not sure if it was meant to be this easy or was this suppose to be more challenging?

For missions against Corpus and Infested i am using a Toxin Kronen Prime with Equinox, just annihilates them. For Grineer I am using Saryn with a slash based Kronen Prime. Every mission where I don't have to kill (Spy, Capture, ... ) I am using a speed run build on Rhino. 

And for long endless runs Khora is still the best Choice. 

I think the challenge aspect is what you make of it? The enemies hit harder and are tankier, but with the right setup it gets trivial as long as you know what you are doing. Take Vay Hek for example. He's a hard floating bullet sponge. But, using a duration Loki with a redeemer prime and the correct elemental mods, he's soloable and the chicken phase is easy.

As for frames, I've run Ivara, Limbo, Loki, Nyx so far, I feel frames that can avoid damage, cheese objectives or even perma cc enemies excel at this mode. Obviously, I want to be able to run other frames, that aren't tank, stealth or cc heavy, but that's gonna take some testing.

30 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

I'm not complete yet but was wondering what others have been using to speed run every mission.

Ive been using Khora for almost everything except Capture, Rescue, and Sabotage as I use Titania for max power strength Razorwing Blitz less than 50 second missions. Khora's whip for any kind of damage spamming and then max range and duration for stationary mission and go afk till timer count down finishes. Then eventually invisible frame for later spy mission when you need 3/3 hack for completing mission.

Not sure if it was meant to be this easy or was this suppose to be more challenging?

You assume using the third most OP frame in the game would be challenging? How does that work?

Zenurik Frost for defense, mobile def and excavation (I would use limbo but the operator don't work in the rift) with Orthos prime, I'm trying different melees. Basmu and Furis for heals.

Unairu Operator (Magus melt + Magus cloud + 773 amp + Virtuos Trojan) + Umbra with Basmu + Furis and Skiajati for eveything else.

Vazarin Operator with the same setup + Nekros with the same loadout as Umbra for farming.

Titania is fine against everything.

Protea is good against grineer and if you are careful she's also good against infested. Corpus is a bit tricky because they straight up ignore abilities even without combas or nullifiers. So you are always under gunfire. The operator can help you with that tho.

Wisp will give you all kind of boosts so she's also kinda good against most factions in most mission types.

Vauban is a god in interception and defense by completely turning off enemies.

By far I tried these frames. And Titania is the only frame that didn't struggle at all no matter what I was up against.

Khora is still pretty great vs infested and corpus whipclaw builds still annihilate those factions pretty easily.  She doesnt do as well killing armored grineer but still not bad and the added cc is nice for those as well.  I found her to be better soloing interceptions than nova, but both were pretty good at it.  Khora on an infested survival mission with pilfering strangledome is probly the best solo steel essence farm too.  1 hr and you will, on avg, get more than clearing the entire star chart of steel path.  nekros's desecrate is on paper better but khora wins just because dome + whip = a much faster kill rate than nekros can manage.

High power str hildren is hands down the best in terms of removing their added Steel path modifiers, its press 2 and no more armor or shields other frames can do this too but not as quickly and effectively as hildren and she can spam the crap out of it since it just gives her more shields instead of taking energy to use.  She probably would have been the most used by far if steel path was the same as it was in the test cluster, but since its not it doesn't matter quite as much.

Limbo is basically cheating for excavation/mobile defense/defense though I perfer kill frames for defenses just because they are boring enough as it is.

4 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Players Wants challenge.

Also Players : Uses Cheese Tactics to turn off any challenge the game provides.

How can DE even add challenge if there are ways to completely disable it? If you want challenge get off your Meta Cheese Wagon.

For Steel Path, i used Garuda, Revenant, Khora, Nova Prime, Trinity Prime, Limbo Prime, Wisp, and Mesa Prime.

Garuda because of how she can sustain her Damage and support the Squad with her Healing and Slash Procs.

Revenant, only used him once but that one use let me beat the Emissary Assassination in Steel Path like if it was a joke.

Khora because of her 4's CC. Works for mostly Infested and maybe Grineer. So for Mobile Defense and Defense (same as Nova Prime)

But i use Nova Prime's other Abilities while spawning her Portal by accident in different Missions.

Trinity Prime for Rathuum Arenas and Kela De Thayem. Very hard to die as her.

Limbo Prime if i want wide CC in Excavation or Mobile Defense.

Wisp for mostly Spies

Mesa Prime for Ambulas Assassination. Murdering the Ambulas while someone else help with the ads.

Baruuk or Hildryn for pretty much everything, Ash and Rev for bosses depending on armor and mechanics, Mesa for ambulas. Nekros for survival since Desecrate doesnt come with a cap like Khora and with a slash weapon most bodies count as two. Plus he doesnt need energy incase you farm infested that just love to swamp you with disruptors or energy leech eximus.

4 hours ago, Eluminary said:

Khora is still pretty great vs infested and corpus whipclaw builds still annihilate those factions pretty easily.  She doesnt do as well killing armored grineer but still not bad and the added cc is nice for those as well.  I found her to be better soloing interceptions than nova, but both were pretty good at it.  Khora on an infested survival mission with pilfering strangledome is probly the best solo steel essence farm too.  1 hr and you will, on avg, get more than clearing the entire star chart of steel path.  nekros's desecrate is on paper better but khora wins just because dome + whip = a much faster kill rate than nekros can manage.

Yeap she seems like the meta for Steel Path. 7 out of 10 runs I will see Khora and speed frame on quick missions. Honestly I never used her till Steel Path came out only for MR. She make the game mode super easy.

Archived