Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened with primed weapons getting special abilities?

For the second time, i know i'm not supposed to expect anything, but DE used to put new abilities to weapons such as pyrana prime, ballistica prime, venka prime and more.

But they don't do that anymore

Not only that, they are now REMOVING abilities from the primed weapon that the vanilla used to have like pangolin sword that had slash procs on slam attacks, prime version doesn't have that 

It's Sad how these little benefits that didn't break the game but made the weapon more appealig and unique isn't what on DE's mind right now

I didn't expect anything new for the panthera prime

But the karyst is long forgotten weapon, it should at least have something nice 🤔

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Not only that, they are now REMOVING abilities from the primed weapon that the vanilla used to have like pangolin sword that had slash procs on slam attacks, prime version doesn't have that 

The Pangolin Prime is one of the best single swords, it doesn't need a special ability

Not every prime weapons does if they are already good at base

Well the Panthera prime did get a small slash aoe with it’s primary fire, while the regular Panthera doesn’t have that. 

It’s a new addition to the weapon at least, but nothing crazy like Pyrana prime’s dual wielding on three kills in quick succession or Ballistica prime’s kill with charge shot at a certain distance to spawn a ghost. 

What? they are still doing that. There's only been like 4 (that I've kept track of) prime sets that didn't have a weapon with something unique about them. Whether you like them or think they are special enough is different, but they have been doing something to at most one prime weapon per pack.

Panthera prime's shots explodes on ricochet.

Corinth prime has a new set of mechanics for reload/alt fire detonation.

Aksomati prime gains accuracy as your fire it.

Those were just the last 3 prime access packs. Looking back at the previous packs since they started adding special effects the ones that have nothing special are: Atlas, chroma, equinox, oberon. You might consider banshee but she did get an entirely new weapon which works for me. 

1 minute ago, Annnoth said:

What? they are still doing that. There's only been like 4 (that I've kept track of) prime sets that didn't have a weapon with something unique about them. Whether you like them or think they are special enough is different, but they have been doing something to at most one prime weapon per pack.

Panthera prime's shots explodes on ricochet.

Corinth prime has a new set of mechanics for reload/alt fire detonation.

Aksomati prime gains accuracy as your fire it.

Those were just the last 3 prime access packs. Looking back at the previous packs since they started adding special effects the ones that have nothing special are: Atlas, chroma, equinox, oberon. You might consider banshee but she did get an entirely new weapon which works for me. 

GET YOUR FACTS OUTTA HERE!!!

How dare you, sir, how very dare you.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

But the karyst is long forgotten weapon, it should at least have something nice 🤔

It does.

It has a 2.2 Meter range compared to 1.75 for the best daggers in the game.

It is one of the highest base melee damage weapons in the game. 344.0 right behind the Arca Plasmors 360.0 For comparison Reaper Prime is 200.0

That along with modding it properly makes it a bloody red crit monster with a movement speed boost combo that on certain Warframes shouldn't even be legal. 

With Stinging Thorn it is even more godly no pun intended. 

There is much more to these weapons than meets the eye, of that I can assure you.

I personally feel that primed melees are incredibly lackluster most of the time. Just massive stat sheets with a different skin on top. And those stats, most of the time, are definitely overkill, so they all feel boringly similar. Melees already have less room for uniqueness since shooting mechanics allow for much more variety, so at least on primes, it would be nice if each melee had a small unique ability. The tatsu, even though it isn't a prime, is a perfect example of it, it has a small but useful perk that helps give the weapon more personality.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

I personally feel that primed melees are incredibly lackluster most of the time. Just massive stat sheets with a different skin on top. And those stats, most of the time, are definitely overkill, so they all feel boringly similar. Melees already have less room for uniqueness since shooting mechanics allow for much more variety, so at least on primes, it would be nice if each melee had a small unique ability. The tatsu, even though it isn't a prime, is a perfect example of it, it has a small but useful perk that helps give the weapon more personality.

this 

this is literally my entire point

all i've seen so far from the comments is that people tend to sleep and go along with anything DE makes, they don't allow a simple question like this to get through

The special thing for the Karyst Prime is that it actually has pretty decent range for a dagger, which honestly alone is notable enough. 

It already also has special toxin damage just from being the Kayrst already, just like the vanilla. How many more special effects do you want to stack on top of that? 

No one is stopping your question from getting through. This is not even the forum for feedback, and if it was, people disagreeing with you doesn't affect whether DE agrees with you. It was pointed out to you that the Kayrst does have something special (long range for a dagger). You disagree that it is special enough. 

That isn't people just going along with DE, it's them having a different opinion, and you should respect that, just like I respect that it isn't special enough from your personal perspective. We see things differently and that's okay. 

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The special thing for the Karyst Prime is that it actually has pretty decent range for a dagger, which honestly alone is notable enough. 

It already also has special toxin damage just from being the Kayrst already, just like the vanilla. How many more special effects do you want to stack on top of that? 

Just a personal opinion, but I feel everything that you would mod for anyway, like range and elemental damage, can hardly be considered a special trait. 0.45m more range is but a drop in the 3m range Primed Reach gives, and you would probably go for a Weeping wounds/Blood rush hybrid, with Primed Fever strike + ice and heat 90% for Viral+Heat. Condition overload, Primed Reach, organ shatter and naramon to maintain combo. In all of that, the innate Toxin hasn't aided much.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

Just a personal opinion, but I feel everything that you would mod for anyway, like range and elemental damage, can hardly be considered a special trait. 0.45m more range is but a drop in the 3m range Primed Reach gives, and you would probably go for a Weeping wounds/Blood rush hybrid, with Primed Fever strike + ice and heat 90% for Viral+Heat. Condition overload, Primed Reach, organ shatter and naramon to maintain combo. In all of that, the innate Toxin hasn't aided much.

I get what you are saying, and normally I would agree. But, in the case of the Kayrst, this is a weapon type known for having absolutely horrendous, unusable range. So, I can see it in this case as actually being kind of special. But, again, I understand why others see it differently, and in most situations I would agree entirely. 

But, it also does bring up other issues with daggers in general, in my opinion. As it is an admission in a way from DE that daggers are really hard to use outside of pure stealth. 

Hammers are better at stealth finishers (LOL). Like, I sort of get the idea in that if you can sneak up and kill someone with a hammer, it should do a lot of damage, but I also liked the idea of a dagger doing more because it can sneak in behind armor plates on a stealth kill or something, and I consider hammers loud and messy. IMO daggers need a better place in the game period. Right now they exist in a terrible limbo where hammers beat them for stealth, and they have no range for regular combat. It's frustrating to be sure, when daggers are in such a bad place that some of us truly feel giving them decent range is a "special ability". : ) 

At the very least, imo, daggers should by far and away do the most damage on stealth/finisher kills, even if it isn't entirely "logical" just to give them a decent niche, especially after the CL super-nerf (they didn't just nerf the insta-kill, they nerfed the damage buff too IIRC). 

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Hammers are better at stealth finishers (LOL). Like, I sort of get the idea in that if you can sneak up and kill someone with a hammer, it should do a lot of damage, but I also liked the idea of a dagger doing more because it can sneak in behind armor plates on a stealth kill or something, and I consider hammers loud and messy. IMO daggers need a better place in the game period. Right now they exist in a terrible limbo where hammers beat them for stealth, and they have no range for regular combat. It's frustrating to be sure, when daggers are in such a bad place that some of us truly feel giving them decent range is a "special ability". : ) 

I agree completely with this. Daggers are universally recognized in games as the stealth weapon, it feels kind of cheap that big, unwieldy hammers steal their spotlight. This is part of a wider problem with DE's combat design, particularly the fact that there's little specialization needed to face enemies as they are all the same, so most of our very diverse options get shelved in favor of those that have the unidimensional trait of high AoE damage. And as such, typically single-target oriented weapons, like daggers and semi auto weapons, see very little use.

Archived