The Golden Spire (OOC, Character Listing)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

@Rakawan I thought the bit of info about the Spire that was in the starting post of this thread (the IC) was what characters could know from the outside - was that assumption wrong? D:

It is what is commonly known or accepted. The truth may be a little more complicated. Your character is getting close to certain bits of knowledge that are not widely known, but either expand or clarify the truth of what is accepted. 

In straightforward terms both your character and Kacilius have stumbled onto the beginnings of a quest to uncover the truth behind the legends. 

Whether or not the inhabitants of House Tanis will let them simply walk away with that knowledge is another matter. There is a lot more to them than meets the eye. 

Edited by Rakawan
1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

It is what is commonly known or accepted. The truth may be a little more complicated. Your character is getting close to certain bits of knowledge that are not widely known, but either expand or clarify the truth of what is accepted. 

In straightforward terms both your character and Kacilius have stumbled onto the beginnings of a quest to uncover the truth behind the legends. 

Whether or not the inhabitants of House Tanis will let them simply walk away with that knowledge is another matter. There is a lot more to them than meets the eye.

Okay, good. Just wanted to make sure that the deduction of "Miriam Tanis" and "House of Tanis" that Vydra made wasn't done on a faulty assumption.

7 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

Okay, good. Just wanted to make sure that the deduction of "Miriam Tanis" and "House of Tanis" that Vydra made wasn't done on a faulty assumption.

Nope. Entirely correct. Miriam Tanis is the founder of House Tanis, and was it’s matriarch during the Orokin Era.

Given that the legends allude to her children being lost, however, the existence of a modern individual claiming the title of Master Tanis is a little interesting isn’t it....? 

But I’m getting ahead of myself, perhaps. After all, first you need to uncover what Ryoko’s connection and intentions regarding House Tanis are, and Kacilius has yet to uncover what exactly happened to Miriam Tanis. 

@Rakawan I want to confirm a small, implied detail: Did the connection between Vydra and her frame (or the feeling for it, at least) vanish only once Ryoko was un-frozen, or had it been gone since she let go of Ryoko's hand? (or any other distinguishable moment)

6 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

@Rakawan I want to confirm a small, implied detail: Did the connection between Vydra and her frame (or the feeling for it, at least) vanish only once Ryoko was un-frozen, or had it been gone since she let go of Ryoko's hand? (or any other distinguishable moment)

It broke the moment she let go, but the Indifference was able  to interfere with her realizing that.

On 2020-10-15 at 11:38 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

Waiting on Rakawan to give his word on this (or delegate it to me) before I post

Sorry life got busy. 

It would work but on anything non infested it will function as a temporary measure. Think a really good bandaid. The wound will be sealed. You’ll be able to move around, but eventually you will want a more permanent measure.

Just now, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius shook his head. "Not going to sell to the Corpus. Bad memories." He slightly stiffened when Zaeed mentioned an "edgy Tenno". "Stalker. That %$#@. Do. Not. Trust. That. Bastard. He is only out for himself." He twitched. "As a matter of fact, he tried to exterminate us with the help of Hunhow. Stay away from him and his Acolytes as far as possible." He sighed. "Now then, time to sell this to House Tanis." He walked towards the cave entrance, this time for real.

On 2020-10-09 at 4:01 PM, Rakawan said:

Nope. Entirely correct. Miriam Tanis is the founder of House Tanis, and was it’s matriarch during the Orokin Era.

Given that the legends allude to her children being lost, however, the existence of a modern individual claiming the title of Master Tanis is a little interesting isn’t it....? 

But I’m getting ahead of myself, perhaps. After all, first you need to uncover what Ryoko’s connection and intentions regarding House Tanis are, and Kacilius has yet to uncover what exactly happened to Miriam Tanis. 

Hopefully we can tie everyone together with this? Vydra's digging deep into House Tanis' history, and I'm assuming Ryoko has deeper connections to House Tanis than he shows, and then I've got this interesting Void-Artifact... so maybe we can meet up to discuss this?

I'm also very jealous that Ryoko took Miriam's Dakra Prime

On 2020-10-22 at 3:23 PM, EpicdudeX said:

Hopefully we can tie everyone together with this? Vydra's digging deep into House Tanis' history, and I'm assuming Ryoko has deeper connections to House Tanis than he shows, and then I've got this interesting Void-Artifact... so maybe we can meet up to discuss this?

I'm also very jealous that Ryoko took Miriam's Dakra Prime

Who says it was Miriam’s originally. She did have three children after all. 

I’m sure you’ll find a few people at the cafe that might have some theories to share as well. 

On 2020-10-24 at 11:30 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

Just wondering, does anyone intend to acknowledge Anak's (temporary) departure, or can I write up the next post for her?  Like, should I wait for anyone?

Go ahead. Just give me a chance to respond after you do.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a character idea; I'll wait for you to OK it before I post an entry on the IC thread:

Name: Unknown

Alias(es): The Crimson Valkyrie, Crimson for short

Species: Human - Zariman Tenno

Mental Age: Mid twenties

Biological Age: 17

Appearance:

Spoiler

Grey/silvery eyes, dark hair with silver highlights, heavy somatics and void scarring

XTJKTkX.jpg

Brief History:

Spoiler

Her frame, a Garuda, was woken by Kela de Thaym, her prolonged stasis leaving her with no prior memory. For a time, she was Kela's tame Tenno and one of the most feared Executioners of the arena. Then Steel Meridian found her operator cryopod in one of Kela's secure vaults, replacing it with a copy and awakening her operator form. This went a long way to gaining her trust, so she agreed to help them by faking the deaths of her arena opponents so they might be recovered, revived and freed. Once Kela realised, she fought her way to freedom and was picked up by Steel Meridian while attempting to hijack an outrider-class vessel in which to make good her escape.

For her help, Steel Meridian put her in touch with a Red Veil mystic in an effort to uncover her past, who guided her through a series of tasks. The first was to defeat a Kuva lich created during her time working for Kela, whom she hunted down and converted by purging the echo of the Queens from its kuva. The requisite glyphs were Lohk, Khra, Xata.

Her second task took her to Deimos, her matching appearance suggesting a connection to the infested moon, and although the Entrati had no recollection of her, they promised to see what they could unearth from their records. She obtained  translation of the glyphs: Void, Time, Truth - an eerie echo of her quest - and also the friendship of Son, who helped her tame a Crescent Vulpaphyla and discovered her second link to Deimos: her frame's ability to communicate with its wildlife, at least certain elements under certain conditions (so at this point, just Shadowmaw). She plans to return to Deimos at a later time, but the mystic now has set her a third task: Lua.

Personality:

Spoiler

Has no memory of anything before being woken from stasis. Her quest for her past - or perhaps to live with her present - is her primary drive. Has a few mystic tendencies from the Red Veil influence and the nature of her frame. Not a huge talker but the right topics might get her going; she's got to hunt for answers after all. Still trying to relearn a lot of things so can be curious. Not an attention seeker and unlikely to bring up the gladiator thing unless somebody recognises her first. Dislikes Kela de Thaym and anybody she catches trying to use her for their own ill ends. Still learning who to trust, but typically will trust other members of Steel Meridian/Red Veil.

Equipment:

Spoiler

Mutalist Cernos - modded to fill corridors with large viral-cold-slash clouds

Pox - blast-corr modded smaller clouds for tougher single targets

Garuda frame - low-life build focusing on shields, quick thinking and energy, with good strength, decent range and duration and average efficiency.

Garuda's Talons - slash-tox modded, can switch at will between two types of venom (and none), one is standard tox and the other induces (on significantly weakened enemies) a sleep almost indistinguishable from death but from which one can be revived with the antidote.

Parazon - modded with Lohk, Khra, Xata

Benign infested operator suit which gives good protection from airborne impurities e.g. toxic gases, spores, some rad forms etc. Also gives health/regen equivalent to vazarin waybounds. May have a connection to her frame but if it has she hasn't discovered how to use it yet.

Ship - Grineer outrider, very battered because she's a terrible pilot and it wasn't in the best condition when she found it.

Crescent Vulpaphyla - named Shadowmaw - with link shields, mostly dmg/crit, charge, devolution, sharpened claws.

Skills and Abilities:

Spoiler

Piloting - terrible, as she only has the basics taught in haste by Steel Meridian, and no prior memory, and her ship is not Cephalon compatible.

Void abilities - wayward given no recollection of any schools of teaching; mostly instinct powered although she has decent instincts thanks to her mystic guide.

Frame has heightened smell - notably for blood, infested secretions, animal scent-markers etc.

Infested-telepathic link to her vulpaphyla, enabling her to share his senses at will and give more precise instructions (but not outright mind control).

Edited by Cyba_Zero
Formatting
On 2020-11-05 at 3:16 PM, Cyba_Zero said:

I have a character idea; I'll wait for you to OK it before I post an entry on the IC thread:

Name: Unknown

Alias(es): The Crimson Valkyrie, Crimson for short

Species: Human - Zariman Tenno

Mental Age: Mid twenties

Biological Age: 17

Appearance:

Reveal hidden contents

Grey/silvery eyes, dark hair with silver highlights, heavy somatics and void scarring

XTJKTkX.jpg

Brief History:

Reveal hidden contents

Her frame, a Garuda, was woken by Kela de Thaym, her prolonged stasis leaving her with no prior memory. For a time, she was Kela's tame Tenno and one of the most feared Executioners of the arena. Then Steel Meridian found her operator cryopod in one of Kela's secure vaults, replacing it with a copy and awakening her operator form. This went a long way to gaining her trust, so she agreed to help them by faking the deaths of her arena opponents so they might be recovered, revived and freed. Once Kela realised, she fought her way to freedom and was picked up by Steel Meridian while attempting to hijack an outrider-class vessel in which to make good her escape.

For her help, Steel Meridian put her in touch with a Red Veil mystic in an effort to uncover her past, who guided her through a series of tasks. The first was to defeat a Kuva lich created during her time working for Kela, whom she hunted down and converted by purging the echo of the Queens from its kuva. The requisite glyphs were Lohk, Khra, Xata.

Her second task took her to Deimos, her matching appearance suggesting a connection to the infested moon, and although the Entrati had no recollection of her, they promised to see what they could unearth from their records. She obtained  translation of the glyphs: Void, Time, Truth - an eerie echo of her quest - and also the friendship of Son, who helped her tame a Crescent Vulpaphyla and discovered her second link to Deimos: her frame's ability to communicate with its wildlife, at least certain elements under certain conditions (so at this point, just Shadowmaw). She plans to return to Deimos at a later time, but the mystic now has set her a third task: Lua.

Personality:

Reveal hidden contents

Has no memory of anything before being woken from stasis. Her quest for her past - or perhaps to live with her present - is her primary drive. Has a few mystic tendencies from the Red Veil influence and the nature of her frame. Not a huge talker but the right topics might get her going; she's got to hunt for answers after all. Still trying to relearn a lot of things so can be curious. Not an attention seeker and unlikely to bring up the gladiator thing unless somebody recognises her first. Dislikes Kela de Thaym and anybody she catches trying to use her for their own ill ends. Still learning who to trust, but typically will trust other members of Steel Meridian/Red Veil.

Equipment:

Reveal hidden contents

Mutalist Cernos - modded to fill corridors with large viral-cold-slash clouds

Pox - blast-corr modded smaller clouds for tougher single targets

Garuda frame - low-life build focusing on shields, quick thinking and energy, with good strength, decent range and duration and average efficiency.

Garuda's Talons - slash-tox modded, can switch at will between two types of venom (and none), one is standard tox and the other induces (on significantly weakened enemies) a sleep almost indistinguishable from death but from which one can be revived with the antidote.

Parazon - modded with Lohk, Khra, Xata

Benign infested operator suit which gives good protection from airborne impurities e.g. toxic gases, spores, some rad forms etc. Also gives health/regen equivalent to vazarin waybounds. May have a connection to her frame but if it has she hasn't discovered how to use it yet.

Ship - Grineer outrider, very battered because she's a terrible pilot and it wasn't in the best condition when she found it.

Crescent Vulpaphyla - named Shadowmaw - with link shields, mostly dmg/crit, charge, devolution, sharpened claws.

Skills and Abilities:

Reveal hidden contents

Piloting - terrible, as she only has the basics taught in haste by Steel Meridian, and no prior memory, and her ship is not Cephalon compatible.

Void abilities - wayward given no recollection of any schools of teaching; mostly instinct powered although she has decent instincts thanks to her mystic guide.

Frame has heightened smell - notably for blood, infested secretions, animal scent-markers etc.

Infested-telepathic link to her vulpaphyla, enabling her to share his senses at will and give more precise instructions (but not outright mind control).

Looks good.

Just now, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius flopped into a chair nearby and listened to the conversation. This is interesting news. Yawning slightly, albeit loudly, Kacilius stretched his arms and leaned into the chair. He was tired, and sleeping might let him relax. Kacilius settled into a dream.

@RakawanI was thinking maybe another dream sequence? Also since I'm slightly looking for Ryoko, I was wondering if you and @Owlrrexwould mind visiting the cafe later.