Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

The Golden Spire (OOC, Character Listing)

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Paradox trailer also shows said Tenno clearly having issues with their void powers. Until we find out why I am capping character age for Tenno at physical age of 21. They might look older or younger but their physical age cannot exceed 21. This is because 21 is the age at which the mind stops developing. I have a theory that void powers must develop at an age where the brain is still malleable you adapt to this new reality.

Most Tenno fall into the 15-18 age range. 21 is highly uncommon and is just the upper limit. 

Tenno are just weird. If you factor in cryosleep, they are a lot older, so I have no idea how that factors in...

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Paradox trailer also shows said Tenno clearly having issues with their void powers. Until we find out why I am capping character age for Tenno at physical age of 21. They might look older or younger but their physical age cannot exceed 21. This is because 21 is the age at which the mind stops developing. I have a theory that void powers must develop at an age where the brain is still malleable you adapt to this new reality.

Most Tenno fall into the 15-18 age range. 21 is highly uncommon and is just the upper limit. 

Hurrm Interesting theory.

I'll have to play around abit with another OC I have in mind that is a Tenno, but not the typical age of a Tween/Child. But I'll first forsee Ryez out first. but thanks for letting me kown.

2 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

Tenno are just weird. If you factor in cryosleep, they are a lot older, so I have no idea how that factors in...

The whole idea behind "Tenno" is weird, it is super rare for games to go into that "deep water" of having a actual child, unless it completely fits the narrative or for a short time to tell a story when the person was young.  

I am one of them people who are put off mentally due to the use of "children" in games, as it brings up all sorts of qeastions on why the devs picked it, whats the orgin behind it and how the game perceeds the child as.

An whole can of worms tho.

15 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

The whole idea behind "Tenno" is weird, it is super rare for games to go into that "deep water" of having a actual child, unless it completely fits the narrative or for a short time to tell a story when the person was young.  

I am one of them people who are put off mentally due to the use of "children" in games, as it brings up all sorts of qeastions on why the devs picked it, whats the orgin behind it and how the game perceeds the child as.

An whole can of worms tho.

Only one description really fits Warframe (In my friend's words): We are genocidal Space Ninjas.

1 hour ago, EpicdudeX said:

Only one description really fits Warframe (In my friend's words): We are genocidal Space Ninjas.

Exclay!

Don't get me wrong the Second Dream was amazing quest, The Art, The Music, Even the Capture Motion, but the extinction?, terrible. I really hoped for an Adult Sized Tenno to drop out or give us the choice (While in the SD or hell even in the WW) To "Stay as Warframe" or "Become Tenno"

Ofc this will change how we play WF, but will fair on each side.  

• Like 1
On 2020-09-18 at 8:33 AM, Owlrrex said:

Thanks for the very clear info. :) I won't need a privately-sent background, I just wrote it so that it doesn't give away anything I she wouldn't talk about at some point.

So, here you go, my character sheet:

Hide contents

Name: Vydraixenne

Appeareance:
Frame:
- Wisp
- Gaoth Helmet
- Prisma Uru Syandana
- Riv Elite arm- and legguards
- Red main tones
- Gold highlights
- Cream energy color

Reveal hidden contents

ElqK0s0.png

Operator:
- 171cm
- missing both feet between shins and ankles
- asian-type smooth & black hair, chin length
- light complexion
- slightly freckled
- Triangular face
- brown eyes, slightly slanted
- wide nose
- narrow lips
- lithe figure
- lean, stretchy muscles
- long arms and (formerly) long legs
- strong hands, little bruising
- average bust

Personality:
Passion:
- Dancing (ballet)

- Sightseeing & treasurehunting
- A well-cooked meal

Dislikes:
- Destruction of relics
- People holding strong grudges/loyalities
- Snakes & similarily shaped animals

Traits:
- Belittling towards most non-Tenno
- Unmaterialistic
- Enjoys the moment
- Selfish
- Invested in the Supernatural

Background:
Vydraixenne was raised in a family of artists, and a talented dancer from childhood on. When her family set out for Tau to help bring the fine arts to new shores, aboard the Zariman 10-0, things took a sour turn. During the time lost in the Void, she lost both her feet in a malfunctioning airlock while fleeing from the emerging Tenno, and awoke to find herself one of them. The Void and Transference were a welcome escapism from her crippled passions, and she found refuge and a soothing embrace in the very things that she felt had robbed her of her future in the first place.
With abilities that transcend the material reality, she quickly took to the supernatural and mystical, much to her superior's dismay: Labeled as superstitious, fickle and excentric, she never saw notable military deployments or achievements, and instead found herself fiddling with everything that was related to Void, Oro and everything extradimensional.
She took this fascination and her passion for dancing through cryosleep into the present, where with no direction or limitations the Wisp had to make her own fortune. She found her heart and mind to be guides to a grand destiny - or an obsession with a reflection in a void-speckled mirror...

Looks good. Feel free to respond to the Arrival post.

New Addition 

The Sons of Hayden. 

A militaristic group of Tenno who serve as guns-for-hire their connection to and intentions regarding House Tanis are unclear. However those looking for an extra bit of muscle while exploring the depths will find no better companion than one of their soldiers.

9 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

@Rakawan How big is the breach in the wall behind Seven?

Big enough for two people about Anak’s height to walk through side by side comfortably, but not much larger. The rubble was moved to make it into a choke point for defensive purposes.

6 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Just wondering, are we heading in soon, or are we kinda waiting? The "new arrivals" have "cluttered" the thread, so I'm kind alost right now.

I’m waiting on Kacilius to respond to Anak’s comment and for both of you to hand the holopads back to Seven and actually go through the opening.

Just now, EpicdudeX said:

Going to wait for  @UnremarkableUsername 

Also, where is Anak, and is Kacilius visible to her?

Anak is at the entrance for the tunnel. 

Kacilius would be behind her about halfway through the small cavern by the true location of the boulder. (The person who Sam overheard deliberately made it sound like the boulder was in the cave to try to keep it secret.)

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Anak is at the entrance for the tunnel. 

Kacilius would be behind her about halfway through the small cavern by the true location of the boulder. (The person who Sam overheard deliberately made it sound like the boulder was in the cave to try to keep it secret.)

Person who overheard Sam? Who is that?

Also wouldn't Kacilius be ahead of Anak? (He "went ahead" already if you base movement on response time on the thread)

17 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Person who overheard Sam? Who is that?

Also wouldn't Kacilius be ahead of Anak? (He "went ahead" already if you base movement on response time on the thread)

Not the person who overhead Sam. The person Sam overheard talking about the crawl space in the first place. 

He would be but she passed him while he was feeling around for the crawl space.

4 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius scratched his head. What the literal %$#@? Banshee would have been great for this. He pulled a few more bullets out from the magazine and scattered them in a haphazard fashion, then flung his Parazon blade into random spots to check as well.

2 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

@Rakawan

I'll let you decide on the "path", while Kacilius spends his ammo up XD

Actually it’s a puzzle. You’ll need to post which ones you are aiming for. 

You can copy the format below and put an “!” on the ones you are testing.

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

There is a way to “see” which ones are safe but you’ll have to figure out what that is.

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Actually it’s a puzzle. You’ll need to post which ones you are aiming for. 

You can copy the format below and put an “!” on the ones you are testing.

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

There is a way to “see” which ones are safe but you’ll have to figure out what that is.

If it becomes some pattern... (That would actually be cool/fun)

If we're starting from the top, then Kacilius has checked:

? + O + +

? + X ? +

? + + ? ?

+ ? + ? +

? ? + + ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

(O means safe, X means dangerous, and I'll use + as a check)

(The positions are also purely random)