Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)

Rakawan

13 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Huh?" Kacilius looked around and patted himself. Did he just get warped back to the start? Let's try again. He hopped along the path again, this time stepping on an additional platform. (Same path as earlier, except between 1 and 2, Kacilius steps on (1, 5))

The fifth platform of the first row lights up as you hop onto it, the top cyan star lighting up as well. The rest of the path quickly fills in the other stars. As you land on the pressure plate the platform below you chimes once and the force field vanishes, revealing the last five rows. 

The illusionary rocks behind you disappear as well, leaving only the floating platforms, their lights glowing brightly.

O O O O 1

X X X X 2

X X 4 X 3

X X 5 X X

X X A X X

—————

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

The crawl space you start at lights up with fire. Thankfully you are beyond it’s range.

An angry buzz sounds from behind the boulder. 

8 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

There was definitely something alive in the tunnel.  Whether it was Kacilius waiting to ambush her, or some creature that had just eaten him, she wasn't sure.
From a stable, rooted stance, Anak thrust her hands forward from the side of her stomach, as if throwing a heavy object.  A fiery blast traveled down the tunnel, which she hoped would singe whatever was hiding, so that it would retreat away, or come out into the open.

((I went in the simulacrum with a few Drekar Arson Eximus, and this is how they do it, although they have an unstable stance with their feet somewhat close together.  Ember's fire blast is a bit different, she has a wide stance like what Anak is using, and stretches her arms upward and then brings them down, as if throwing something against the ground.))

((up to you whether Kacilius feels this, since he's in a side tunnel with a narrow opening that faces away from where Anak is.))

The blast sweeps down the corridor, a small portion of the flames appear to get sucked into something behind the boulder. A chime sounds out as they do.

23 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Huh?" Kacilius looked around and patted himself. Did he just get warped back to the start? Let's try again. He hopped along the path again, this time stepping on an additional platform. (Same path as earlier, except between 1 and 2, Kacilius steps on (1, 5))

17 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

There was definitely something alive in the tunnel.  Whether it was Kacilius waiting to ambush her, or some creature that had just eaten him, she wasn't sure.
From a stable, rooted stance, Anak thrust her hands forward from the side of her stomach, as if throwing a heavy object.  A fiery blast traveled down the tunnel, which she hoped would singe whatever was hiding, so that it would retreat away, or come out into the open.

((I went in the simulacrum with a few Drekar Arson Eximus, and this is how they do it, although they have an unstable stance with their feet somewhat close together.  Ember's fire blast is a bit different, she has a wide stance like what Anak is using, and stretches her arms upward and then brings them down, as if throwing something against the ground.))

((up to you whether Kacilius feels this, since he's in a side tunnel with a narrow opening that faces away from where Anak is.))

As Kacilius hopped on the platforms, he heard a large blast. Turning around, he felt a strong wave of heat. "%$#@. Anak is about to kill me, isn't she." He tripped and faceplanted on the last platform. (5, 3)

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The fifth platform of the first row lights up as you hop onto it, the top cyan star lighting up as well. The rest of the path quickly fills in the other stars. As you land on the pressure plate the platform below you chimes once and the force field vanishes, revealing the last five rows. 

The illusionary rocks behind you disappear as well, leaving only the floating platforms, their lights glowing brightly.

O O O O 1

X X X X 2

X X 4 X 3

X X 5 X X

X X A X X

—————

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

The crawl space you start at lights up with fire. Thankfully you are beyond it’s range.

8 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

As Kacilius hopped on the platforms, he heard a large blast. Turning around, he felt a strong wave of heat. "%$#@. Anak is about to kill me, isn't she." He tripped and faceplanted on the last platform. (5, 3)

Dusting himself off, Kacilius got up and looked at the remaining platforms. He check the platforms again with the bullets.

(Just going to only do the final 5 rows for simplicity)

? + + ? +

? + + + ?

+ + + ? +

? + ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“Limbo sounds like a good choice.” The Excalibur says. “Lucien, get over...”

He stops. The Limbo who has been shadowing him the entire time also stops. 

“What did I tell you about sneaking up on your Superior Officers Private?” He asks. 

The Limbo snaps to attention. 

“That you’d put a bell on me next time I did it, sir!”He says. “Can’t wait time find out what color, sir!”

The Excalibur sighs. 

“Take the client to the kiosk and have a Clarissa draw up a contract.” The Excalibur says. “I’ll be here, daydreaming about firing you out of a cannon.”

”Yes, sir!” The Limbo says, turning to face you. “Follow me, sir!”

He nods and follows the Limbo "Say, I have to ask, but what is it like being a Tenno?, if you..don't mind me asking of course" He asks, he feels a bit unesay asking but his tone sounds if he is excited to learn "I can't just jump into the void and be reborn right?" He says with a chuckle

15 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Dusting himself off, Kacilius got up and looked at the remaining platforms. He check the platforms again with the bullets.

(Just going to only do the final 5 rows for simplicity)

? + + ? +

? + + + ?

+ + + ? +

? + ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

The following patterns reveals itself. 

? X O ? X

? X X X ?

O X X ? X

? X ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

You can see the end clear enough to make out a little more detail. The glint of gold is some sort of crown upon a statue made entirely from gray marble, a tall woman of regal stature, her right hand outstretched as if to offer something, though it appears empty. Something could be a door, or a wall, lies behind her, covered in strange runes.

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The following patterns reveals itself. 

? X O ? X

? X X X ?

O X X ? X

? X ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

You can see the end clear enough to make out a little more detail. The glint of gold is some sort of crown upon a statue made entirely from gray marble, a tall woman of regal stature, her right hand outstretched as if to offer something, though it appears empty. Something could be a door, or a wall, lies behind her, covered in strange runes.

(Wack, the path can't be read unless I highlight it.)

Kacilius scattered more bullets and flung his Parazon at more platforms.

+ X O + X

+ X X X +

O X X + X

? X ? + +

? ? ? ? ?

4 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He nods and follows the Limbo "Say, I have to ask, but what is it like being a Tenno?, if you..don't mind me asking of course" He asks, he feels a bit unesay asking but his tone sounds if he is excited to learn "I can't just jump into the void and be reborn right?" He says with a chuckle

“Afraid I can’t talk about that, sir.” He says. “Classified intel and whatnot. I will, however, warn you that jumping into the Void is a very bad idea.”

He stops before a makeshift desk. A Mesa Prime sits behind it, cleaning what looks like a firing pin, the scattered prices of a Soma Prime rifle carefully arranged beside her.

“Got a new client.” Lucien says. “Captain wants a contract drawn up.”

The Mesa wraps the pin in the cloth and sets it on the table. She taps a strange snow globe like structure and a screen pops up above it. 

“Name?” She asks.

2 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

(Wack, the path can't be read unless I highlight it.)

Kacilius scattered more bullets and flung his Parazon at more platforms.

+ X O + X

+ X X X +

O X X + X

? X ? + +

? ? ? ? ?

((Gonna try to paste as plain text.))

The path becomes clearer. 

O X O X X

O X X X X

O X X X X

? X ? X X

? ? ? ? ?

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Afraid I can’t talk about that, sir.” He says. “Classified intel and whatnot. I will, however, warn you that jumping into the Void is a very bad idea.”

He stops before a makeshift desk. A Mesa Prime sits behind it, cleaning what looks like a firing pin, the scattered prices of a Soma Prime rifle carefully arranged beside her.

“Got a new client.” Lucien says. “Captain wants a contract drawn up.”

The Mesa wraps the pin in the cloth and sets it on the table. She taps a strange snow globe like structure and a screen pops up above it. 

“Name?” She asks.

He sighs and shrugs it off "Very well" He looks up to the desk, looking up the Mesa, he slightly rubs his brow, as if he was thinking of something odd "Zaeed Aegis" He says "As you can tell Corpus, Juno Tech Type" His MOA still following him looks up onto the desk, almost like a dog "Oh and this is Stasis" 

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((Gonna try to paste as plain text.))

The path becomes clearer. 

O X O X X

O X X X X

O X X X X

? X ? X X

? ? ? ? ?

((That's probably what's messing up the font, this time it worked))

"Hmm..." Kacilius walked down to the left and tossed more bullets on the rest of the platforms.

(Going to just call this another section that starts again at (1, 1), path was (1, 3), (1, 1), (2, 1), (3, 1), and Kacilius checks the rest of the platforms)

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He sighs and shrugs it off "Very well" He looks up to the desk, looking up the Mesa, he slightly rubs his brow, as if he was thinking of something odd "Zaeed Aegis" He says "As you can tell Corpus, Juno Tech Type" His MOA still following him looks up onto the desk, almost like a dog "Oh and this is Stasis" 

“Zaeed Aegis.” She says.

She Taos a few keys and you see a Corpus Dossier about you appear on the screen. 

“According to my records Alad V has a bounty out on your head.” She says. “Pretty large one too.”

A few of the other Mercenaries stop what they are doing and turn to stare. 

“Five million credits.” She says. “You must have really gotten his Knickers in a twist.”

By now all the mercenary Tenno are staring at you. 

“Fortunately we don’t contract with the likes of him.” She says slowly, drawing out the suspense. “Unfortunately it does make you a person of interest which will increase your fee by twenty percent.”

5 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

((That's probably what's messing up the font, this time it worked))

"Hmm..." Kacilius walked down to the left and tossed more bullets on the rest of the platforms.

(Going to just call this another section that starts again at (1, 1), path was (1, 3), (1, 1), (2, 1), (3, 1), and Kacilius checks the rest of the platforms)

The middle platform on the sixth row activates the first star, the platform on the far left (your right) activates the second. From their you are able to puzzle out that it is a straight shot until the last row where the activation pad proves to be on the far right (your left), just within range of a bullet jump. 

The second forcefield vanishes, allowing you to step onto the ledge at the end, and get a better look at the statue. The diadem is clearly visible now, and almost perfectly resembles the Erlang Prime Oculus worn by certain Tenno. However unlike its cosmetic lookalike this one pulses with void power. The plaque at the bottom of the statue reads as follows. 

“In honor of Miriam Tanis, who looked with all eyes open.” 

The Oculus does not appear to be fastened to the statue by any means and could probably be removed rather easily. 

There is also a slight distribution about an inch above the statues open hand, and you can feel void energy emanating from it as well.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The middle platform on the sixth row activates the first star, the platform on the far left (your right) activates the second. From their you are able to puzzle out that it is a straight shot until the last row where the activation pad proves to be on the far right (your left), just within range of a bullet jump. 

The second forcefield vanishes, allowing you to step onto the ledge at the end, and get a better look at the statue. The diadem is clearly visible now, and almost perfectly resembles the Erlang Prime Oculus worn by certain Tenno. However unlike its cosmetic lookalike this one pulses with void power. The plaque at the bottom of the statue reads as follows. 

“In honor of Miriam Tanis, who looked with all eyes open.” 

The Oculus does not appear to be fastened to the statue by any means and could probably be removed rather easily. 

There is also a slight distribution about an inch above the statues open hand, and you can feel void energy emanating from it as well.

The Oculus drew Kacilius' attention. Out of respect, he Transferenced out of Equinox. "This... is beautiful." He kneeled before the statue, feeling the void energy. Standing up, Kacilius carefully removed the crown and Transferenced back into Equinox.

(Cue the cave collapse or whatever fun booby trap XD)

1 hour ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Floater would see nothing until it reaches the passageway illuminated in silver light, the reason for the slowly shifting pattern becominging immediately apparent. The right passage opens almost immediately to reveal the underside of the fractured outer crust. The silver light is the reflection off the various rocks as light filters down between cracks in the surface. The inner crust is barely visible below, the fall far enough to be lethal even to a Tenno. Large rock formations hang like oversized stalactites from the “ceiling” of the outer crust. Across the expanse you can see a number of other openings on the surrounding formations.

4 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

The Oculus drew Kacilius' attention. Out of respect, he Transferenced out of Equinox. "This... is beautiful." He kneeled before the statue, feeling the void energy. Standing up, Kacilius carefully removed the crown and Transferenced back into Equinox.

(Cue the cave collapse or whatever fun booby trap XD)

There is a small bit of resistance as you remove the Oculus, but nothing else. No cave in, no sudden feeling of falling, no ominous, angry buzz of doom. 

However as you inspect the Oculus you can see the air above the statues hand ripple with the same patterns as the lens and gem of the device. The void energy around both feels similar.

The Oculus seems to shrink slightly in your hands, until is is just the right size to be worn comfortably.

As you transfer back into the Equinox it changes size once more, this time growing large enough to fit on the Warframe.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There is a small bit of resistance as you remove the Oculus, but nothing else. No cave in, no sudden feeling of falling, no ominous, angry buzz of doom. 

However as you inspect the Oculus you can see the air above the statues hand ripple with the same patterns as the lens and gem of the device. The void energy around both feels similar.

The Oculus seems to shrink slightly in your hands, until is is just the right size to be worn comfortably.

As you transfer back into the Equinox it changes size once more, this time growing large enough to fit on the Warframe.

"This... I..." Kacilius was at a loss for words. What was this Oculus, and should he try wearing it? Transferencing out again, Kacilius removed his Cogna mask and Emissary hood, and slowly placed the Oculus on his head.

Just now, EpicdudeX said:

"This... I..." Kacilius was at a loss for words. What was this Oculus, and should he try wearing it? Transferencing out again, Kacilius removed his Cogna mask and Emissary hood, and slowly placed the Oculus on his head.

The Oculus springs to life and your vision shifts, the world taking on the same hue as it does when you slip partially into the Void. The comment about looking with “all eyes open” begins to make more sense.

A Cyan Ayatan Star, glowing with power, floats above the statues hand, now visible to your enhanced vision. The writing on the wall behind the statue becomes legible. It reads as follows:

”The Kuva is the unsecret source of Orokin immortality, but it cannot be the only one. There must be a tether, something to bind their souls to this world while they are between, or without, bodies. The Orokin may be able to twist and bend the rules of reality to their preference, but even they cannot break then. Some laws are still inviolable.”

36 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Zaeed Aegis.” She says.

She Taos a few keys and you see a Corpus Dossier about you appear on the screen. 

“According to my records Alad V has a bounty out on your head.” She says. “Pretty large one too.”

A few of the other Mercenaries stop what they are doing and turn to stare. 

“Five million credits.” She says. “You must have really gotten his Knickers in a twist.”

By now all the mercenary Tenno are staring at you. 

“Fortunately we don’t contract with the likes of him.” She says slowly, drawing out the suspense. “Unfortunately it does make you a person of interest which will increase your fee by twenty percent.”

He sighs "What part of being -fired- does that Infested scar tissue does he not understand?, does he say why the bounty is placed?" He shakes his head and grabs a data-pad from his MOA, he taps on it a few times "I'm a man of my words, how much is the fee?"

The MOA rattles a little, it doesn't seem to like the Tenno eyeing him up

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Floater would see nothing until it reaches the passageway illuminated in silver light, the reason for the slowly shifting pattern becominging immediately apparent. The right passage opens almost immediately to reveal the underside of the fractured outer crust. The silver light is the reflection off the various rocks as light filters down between cracks in the surface. The inner crust is barely visible below, the fall far enough to be lethal even to a Tenno. Large rock formations hang like oversized stalactites from the “ceiling” of the outer crust. Across the expanse you can see a number of other openings on the surrounding formations.

Nothing there, at least nothing worth investigating without a jetpack or maybe even a small space craft.  Through her ocular implant, Anak called Floater back to her.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The blast sweeps down the corridor, a small portion of the flames appear to get sucked into something behind the boulder. A chime sounds out as they do.

...But there was definitely something there.  There was airflow out of the main tunnel... So that would mean a hole leading to a larger space...

Anak advanced slowly toward the boulder, with Floater floating after her and watching behind her like an ordinary Sentinel.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Oculus springs to life and your vision shifts, the world taking on the same hue as it does when you slip partially into the Void. The comment about looking with “all eyes open” begins to make more sense.

A Cyan Ayatan Star, glowing with power, floats above the statues hand, now visible to your enhanced vision. The writing on the wall behind the statue becomes legible. It reads as follows:

”The Kuva is the unsecret source of Orokin immortality, but it cannot be the only one. There must be a tether, something to bind their souls to this world while they are between, or without, bodies. The Orokin may be able to twist and bend the rules of reality to their preference, but even they cannot break then. Some laws are still inviolable.”

Kacilius staggered for a bit before just standing there, reading the writing. "Something that tethers... could it be the Void?" He carefully removed the Oculus and bowed to the statue. "Mirian Tanis, you will be remembered." Kacilius Transferenced back into Equinox hopped back to the start of the cave. As he reached the crawlspace, he felt a warm sensation. Oh %$#@. Anak.

12 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius staggered for a bit before just standing there, reading the writing. "Something that tethers... could it be the Void?" He carefully removed the Oculus and bowed to the statue. "Mirian Tanis, you will be remembered." Kacilius Transferenced back into Equinox hopped back to the start of the cave. As he reached the crawlspace, he felt a warm sensation. Oh %$#@. Anak.

The cyan ayatan star disappears as you remove the Oculus. The world seems to bend around it, hiding it from view as you leave it behind.

As you hop back the circles light up in the opposite direction. The force fields spring back into place behind you, the illusions fading in once again. By the time you reach the crawl space the chasm is as it was before, minus the glint of gold from the statue. 

31 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Nothing there, at least nothing worth investigating without a jetpack or maybe even a small space craft.  Through her ocular implant, Anak called Floater back to her.

...But ther ewas definitely something there.  There was airflow out of the main tunnel... So that would mean a hole leading to a larger space...

Anak advanced slowly toward the boulder, with Floater floating after her and watching behind her like an ordinary Sentinel.

Nothing comes barreling down the tunnel after the drone. If there was anything to disturb the small drone was clearly not big or noisy enough to do so. 

38 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The cyan ayatan star disappears as you remove the Oculus. The world seems to bend around it, hiding it from view as you leave it behind.

As you hop back the circles light up in the opposite direction. The force fields spring back into place behind you, the illusions fading in once again. By the time you reach the crawl space the chasm is as it was before, minus the glint of gold from the statue. 

Kacilius looked back. Strange, it closed again. He looked back at the crawlspace, which started to heat up. I should probably run back to the other side and hide. Quickly, Kacilius ran to the other side. He hid behind the statue when he felt something else drawing him again. What's doing that? Transferencing behind the statue, Kacilius placed the Oculus back on and looked for anything that would explain his strange feeling.

1 minute ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius looked back. Strange, it closed again. He looked back at the crawlspace, which started to heat up. I should probably run back to the other side and hide. Quickly, Kacilius ran to the other side. He hid behind the statue when he felt something else drawing him again. What's doing that? Transferencing behind the statue, Kacilius placed the Oculus back on and looked for anything that would explain his strange feeling.

The Cyan Ayatan Star floats above the statues hand, as if it is offering it to you, visible only with the void-sight granted by the Oculus. Other than that and the writing on the wall you can see nothing else of interest. 

Just like the Oculus there appears to be nothing holding the Ayatan Star in place.

Archived