Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)

Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The Cyan Ayatan Star floats above the statues hand, as if it is offering it to you, visible only with the void-sight granted by the Oculus. Other than that and the writing on the wall you can see nothing else of interest. 

Just like the Oculus there appears to be nothing holding the Ayatan Star in place.

Is... the Star emanating Void energy? I guess I'll take it. Kacilius reach up and plucked the Star out of the statue's hand.

1 hour ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

KnNothing there, at least nothing worth investigating without a jetpack or maybe even a small space craft.  Through her ocular implant, Anak called Floater back to her.

...But there was definitely something there.  There was airflow out of the main tunnel... So that would mean a hole leading to a larger space...

Anak advanced slowly toward the boulder, with Floater floating after her and watching behind her like an ordinary Sentinel.

There is a crawl space behind the boulder. Fitting through would be difficult but not impossible. Should you choose to do so you would see Kacilius on the far end of a chasm, the space between you home several floating platforms forming a twisting path across. 

30 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Is... the Star emanating Void energy? I guess I'll take it. Kacilius reach up and plucked the Star out of the statue's hand.

The moment you touch the Star your vision shifts. You can see, as if through a thick pane of blue glass, a woman tapping on the surface. The surface clears revealing none other than Miriam Tanis in the flesh. Clearly the stories about Ayatan Stars containing Orokin memories is not just a myth. 

“Good, that should do it.” She mutters to herself.

“Hello. If you are watching this then I am, most likely, dead.” Her voice has none of the calm, confidence most who record such messages possess. 

“The path that led me was a long one, and, if my children are watching this, I want you to know I did everything I could to do things the proper way.” 

Her hands curl into fists. 

“Contrary to what the Executors claim my children are NOT dead. I can feel it.” She says. “However, while the Orokin may enjoy the trinkets my House produces, such things are not enough to barter for the truth. And so I am forced to resort to more... primitive means. I shall find the secret to their Immortality. I shall hold their futures hostage as they have kept my children from me. Should I fail, I leave the knowledge contained within to whoever finds these stars. Upon the walls of this, the seat of their power, I will write their secrets. And within these stars I will record how to subvert them. All I ask is that you do what I in all likelihood could not. Remind these ‘gods’ what fear feels like.”

The vision fades, leaving you standing by the statue holding the star.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There is a crawl space behind the boulder. Fitting through would be difficult but not impossible. Should you choose to do so you would see Kacilius on the far end of a chasm, the space between you home several floating platforms forming a twisting path across.

So... In there was either Kacilius waiting, or Kacilius eaten.  Maybe this was the lair of the "Golden Maw" that the Solaris with the checklists had mentioned.  Either way, best not crawl in, and risk getting attacked in a tight space.

Anak sat down cross-legged against the wall of the tunnel and closed her organic eye.  Through her implant, she plotted a path for Floater through the crawlspace, using the same protocols that would usually be used to set up patrol routes for Sensor Regulator drones.

This done, the Regulator produced a satisfied-sounding BWOO-oong, and slowly advanced through the passage...

...a quarter of the way.  Rahm.  Anak cancelled the path, and pulled the drone out from the crawlspace, where it had gotten stuck.  Geuss we're doing this the hard way.
She summoned a small flame in her palm, both for light and to throw in the face of whatever might be on the other end of the passage.  After wriggling for an uncomfortably long amount of time, she emerged on the other side covered in lunar dust, and with several new scratches on her armor.

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The moment you touch the Star your vision shifts. You can see, as if through a thick pane of blue glass, a woman tapping on the surface. The surface clears revealing none other than Miriam Tanis in the flesh. Clearly the stories about Ayatan Stars containing Orokin memories is not just a myth. 

“Good, that should do it.” She mutters to herself.

“Hello. If you are watching this then I am, most likely, dead.” Her voice has none of the calm, confidence most who record such messages possess. 

“The path that led me was a long one, and, if my children are watching this, I want you to know I did everything I could to do things the proper way.” 

Her hands curl into fists. 

“Contrary to what the Executors claim my children are NOT dead. I can feel it.” She says. “However, while the Orokin may enjoy the trinkets my House produces, such things are not enough to barter for the truth. And so I am forced to resort to more... primitive means. I shall find the secret to their Immortality. I shall hold their futures hostage as they have kept my children from me. Should I fail, I leave the knowledge contained within to whoever finds these stars. Upon the walls of this, the seat of their power, I will write their secrets. And within these stars I will record how to subvert them. All I ask is that you do what I in all likelihood could not. Remind these ‘gods’ what fear feels like.”

The vision fades, leaving you standing by the statue holding the star.

After the vision, Kacilius felt dizzy. He sat down. "Like I thought. The Orokin were glamorous, but they used dark methods to sustain it. Good thing I found this instead of someone else." Suddenly he heard a sound from the crawlspace. "Oh shoot. Anak is here now. Better get to the other side quick." Kacilius quickly removed the Oculus and placed both artifacts in his "inventory" before rushing to the other side.

4 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

After the vision, Kacilius felt dizzy. He sat down. "Like I thought. The Orokin were glamorous, but they used dark methods to sustain it. Good thing I found this instead of someone else." Suddenly he heard a sound from the crawlspace. "Oh shoot. Anak is here now. Better get to the other side quick." Kacilius quickly removed the Oculus and placed both artifacts in his "inventory" before rushing to the other side.

You emerge to see Kacilius hopping across the platforms towards you. 

6 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Halfway across you see Anak emerge from the crawl space a few new scratches on her armor.

45 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Halfway across you see Anak emerge from the crawl space a few new scratches on her armor.

"Oh. Um, I somehow found my way into here, and I think there would have been something here, but it's cleaned out now." Kacilius said, slightly edging away from Anak. Hopefully she doesn't realize I'm lying.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

26 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

So he'd found something.  Golden platforms floating over a chasm?  Definitely Orokin.  Anak relaxed.  He could've said something, but at least there was nothing obviously dangerous in here.
...or he did tell me when he found the tunnel, and I didn't hear?  no, probably not...

26 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Oh. Um, I somehow found my way into here, and I think there would have been something here, but it's cleaned out now." Kacilius said, slightly edging away from Anak. Hopefully she doesn't realize I'm lying.

"How do you 'accidentally' crawl through a tunnel that small?  What are you--"  Anak realized she was speaking Grineer.  "--Oop!"  She quickly, almost reflexively, put her hand to her mouth.

37 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

So he'd found something.  Golden platforms floating over a chasm?  Definitely Orokin.  Anak relaxed.  He could've said something, but at least there was nothing obviously dangerous in here.
...or he did tell me when he found the tunnel, and I didn't hear?  no, probably not...

"How do you 'accidentally' crawl through a tunnel that small?  What are you--"  Anak realized she was speaking Grineer.  "--Oop!"  She quickly, almost reflexively, put her hand to her mouth.

"Augh!" Kacilius reflexively pulled out his Velox and fired a round before realizing what he did. He groaned and collapsed to the ground, panting.

1 hour ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Augh!" Kacilius reflexively pulled out his Velox and fired a round before realizing what he did. He groaned and collapsed to the ground, panting.

Kacilius felt a huge, hot hand press down on his upper back, not hard enough to hurt, but enough to be clear that it could.  He heard Anak's voice behind him, speaking slowly and deliberately, working hard to keep her accent under control.

"I know speaking Grineer was scary for you, and that's my bad.  But what are you playing at?  Nobody goes through a tunnel that small accidentally."

47 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Kacilius felt a huge, hot hand press down on his upper back, not hard enough to hurt, but enough to be clear that it could.  He heard Anak's voice behind him, speaking slowly and deliberately, working hard to keep her accent under control.

"I know speaking Grineer was scary for you, and that's my bad.  But what are you playing at?  Nobody goes through a tunnel that small accidentally."

The pain jolted Kacilius back to reality. "Give... me... some... space... for... now..." He panted. "I'll... explain... later..." He crawled to the cavern wall and propped himself up, dropping his Velox next to him to show Anak he wouldn't be doing anything for a while. "Why... did... it... happen... again..."

13 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

... A Saryn Prime in violet hues that contrasted the white-and-gold around her quite alot. She seemed to be led by another drone? It would make sense.

She notices the Wisp and reciprocates the greeting. It was lovely to see a fellow Tenno around. She gave a nod to her frame, a compliment. Her Vulpaphyla too glances at Vydraixenne, detecting a somewhat familiar smell. 

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

...“We manage to get by by scavenging resources and raw materials from the more... decrepit towers.” Salem says. “You would be surprised how much is simply left laying around, if you know where to look. Technological components, however, are harder to find. Orokin ciphers fetch a good price among the Artisans here.”

She absorbs her words, keeping quiet. She chooses to examine every nook and cranny of the hallways, this information will prove useful for navigation later. 

22 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Artisan trying to cram the Star into the Ayatan Sculpture gives a triumphant cry, met with annoyed looks, followed by a fearful exclamation. The sculpture whirls to life, one set of interlocking limbs moving in the wrong direction, the others moving normally. They entangle, the system grinding to a halt, the limbs shivering as each one tries to push past the unexpected obstruction. There is a sharp clang and a limb breaks off, embedding itself in the wall. The sculpture begins to shake even more. 

Haleen starts to say something only for a another limb to snap and impale the drone, the proxy falling to the ground like a dead bird.

9 hours ago, (XB1)PolarisWren said:

She notices the Wisp and reciprocates the greeting. It was lovely to see a fellow Tenno around. She gave a nod to her frame, a compliment. Her Vulpaphyla too glances at Vydraixenne, detecting a somewhat familiar smell. 

She absorbs her words, keeping quiet. She chooses to examine every nook and cranny of the hallways, this information will prove useful for navigation later. 

The Wisp was starting to float over towards the Saryn to properly greet her, but had barely traversed two steps length before the sound of tearing metal makes her stop, only to be narrowly missed by shards of the broken sculpture. Ducking down a bit, she whirled around to see what had caused the violent sound - and what she discovered made her give a shrill yell:
"You IMBECILE!"
With all the speed that her spectral form ((Wisp's second ability)) would allow, she rushed over to the foolish mockery of a researcher that had managed to destroy the valuable relic that, now that she was closer, still didn't seem all too save to be around. She could either try to forcefully remove the wrongfully inserted star - despite how difficult it normally was to remove them - or let the mismatched energies run their course and hope for the best.

She decided to give the ayatan star that didn't match its socket one sharp tug - if that didn't yield any results, she'd resort to move the statue off the table, deeper into the alcove, in a hope to contain any future fragmentation or explosions between the alcove walls and the table. At the same time, she'd berate the researcher in an almost hysterical voice:
"How STUPID do you have to be to get something this simple wrong! YOU should've been hit by that shrapnel - you better DARE not touch anything remotely valuable again!"

18 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

The pain jolted Kacilius back to reality. "Give... me... some... space... for... now..." He panted. "I'll... explain... later..." He crawled to the cavern wall and propped himself up, dropping his Velox next to him to show Anak he wouldn't be doing anything for a while. "Why... did... it... happen... again..."

After a few minutes of heavy breathing, Kacilius regained his senses. He sighed. "I'm sorry about what happened a few minutes ago. Too many bad memories about those Grineer." He crossed his legs in front of him. "I'll tell you the truth. You remember how Sam was whispering to me? It was information about here. She told me about the crawlspace you just went through. After I crawled in, there was a small "puzzle" where I had to figure out the correct path. The platforms you see now looked like rocks before I solved the puzzle. At the other end of this chasm, there's a statue of Mirian Tanis. And..." Kacilius pulled out the Oculus and Ayatan Star. "On the statue, there was this Oculus. Putting it on grants "voidvision", and it let me see writing on the walls as well as this Star, which contains a recording of her." He paused. "Oh, right. You probably can't see the Star right now, but you can see it if you wear the Oculus." He extended the artifacts to Anak. "Take it and you'll see."

55 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"On the statue, there was this Oculus. Putting it on grants "voidvision", and it let me see writing on the walls as well as this Star, which contains a recording of her." He paused. "Oh, right. You probably can't see the Star right now, but you can see it if you wear the Oculus." He extended the artifacts to Anak. "Take it and you'll see."

A Void-artifact.  And she was supposed to... wear it?  Was that safe?  She knew that Tenno and Quills could deal with the void without too much issue, but she'd once seen a clone who had been struck by a Void fissure, and that definitely wasn't safe.  And, although the Grineer tried to keep it under wraps, Anak had heard from the Quills what had happened to Vor.

She stayed where she was standing, out of Kacilius's reach, and held her hands up with the palms facing forward in a gesture of refusal.
"If there is Void power in that thing, then I'm not touching it."

27 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

A Void-artifact.  And she was supposed to... wear it?  Was that safe?  She knew that Tenno and Quills could deal with the void without too much issue, but she'd once seen a clone who had been struck by a Void fissure, and that definitely wasn't safe.  And, although the Grineer tried to keep it under wraps, Anak had heard from the Quills what had happened to Vor.

She stayed where she was standing, out of Kacilius's reach, and held her hands up with the palms facing forward in a gesture of refusal.
"If there is Void power in that thing, then I'm not touching it."

"Alright. Although believe me, that's what this is." He shakily stood up, leaning against the wall for balance. "Again, I'm sorry about what happened earlier." He picked up his Velox and reholstered it. "Let's get out of this cave." Kacilius walked toward the crawlspace, leaving his back vulnerable on purpose if Anak wanted to attack him.

4 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Alright. Although believe me, that's what this is." He shakily stood up, leaning against the wall for balance. "Again, I'm sorry about what happened earlier." He picked up his Velox and reholstered it. "Let's get out of this cave." Kacilius walked toward the crawlspace, leaving his back vulnerable on purpose if Anak wanted to attack him.

"I *do* believe you, that's why I won't touch it," Anak muttered, and followed Kacilius through the crawlspace.  As she stood up un the main tunnel, she said, "Farther out, this tunnel splits.  To the right, there's a huge cavern, like the edge of this piece of rock.  I didn't go left."

9 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"I *do* believe you, that's why I won't touch it," Anak muttered, and followed Kacilius through the crawlspace.  As she stood up un the main tunnel, she said, "Farther out, this tunnel splits.  To the right, there's a huge cavern, like the edge of this piece of rock.  I didn't go left."

"So there's something similar to here on the right?" Kacilius asked. "If that's the case, then let's see what's there. Unless you want to go left."

On 2020-09-22 at 10:35 PM, (XB1)PolarisWren said:

Heading back into the hallway does not take long. An in depth study reveals nothing of note. No secret grates, no false walls, nothing but a generic Orokin hallway with laser traps.

On 2020-09-22 at 1:57 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

He sighs "What part of being -fired- does that Infested scar tissue does he not understand?, does he say why the bounty is placed?" He shakes his head and grabs a data-pad from his MOA, he taps on it a few times "I'm a man of my words, how much is the fee?"

The MOA rattles a little, it doesn't seem to like the Tenno eyeing him up

“Seventy thousand credits per day, with salvage rights in the event of your demise.” The Mesa says. “Half due up front, to be returned upon mercenary breach of contract, the other half to be paid upon completion or client breach of contract.”

She places a gray bracelet on the table. 

“This will keep track of your location and relay it to the mercenary assigned to you at all times. It will also notify you of the remaining time on your contract, and allow you to extend the contract, for a fee of course.”

On 2020-09-23 at 7:58 AM, Owlrrex said:

The Wisp was starting to float over towards the Saryn to properly greet her, but had barely traversed two steps length before the sound of tearing metal makes her stop, only to be narrowly missed by shards of the broken sculpture. Ducking down a bit, she whirled around to see what had caused the violent sound - and what she discovered made her give a shrill yell:
"You IMBECILE!"
With all the speed that her spectral form ((Wisp's second ability)) would allow, she rushed over to the foolish mockery of a researcher that had managed to destroy the valuable relic that, now that she was closer, still didn't seem all too save to be around. She could either try to forcefully remove the wrongfully inserted star - despite how difficult it normally was to remove them - or let the mismatched energies run their course and hope for the best.

She decided to give the ayatan star that didn't match its socket one sharp tug - if that didn't yield any results, she'd resort to move the statue off the table, deeper into the alcove, in a hope to contain any future fragmentation or explosions between the alcove walls and the table. At the same time, she'd berate the researcher in an almost hysterical voice:
"How STUPID do you have to be to get something this simple wrong! YOU should've been hit by that shrapnel - you better DARE not touch anything remotely valuable again!"

The Star pops loose in your hands, sending you backwards into the floor. The Ayatan shuts down. 

A Frost Prime steps up as the Artisan cowers behind a frail looking sculpture.

“Is there a problem?” He asks. 

11 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

11 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"So there's something similar to here on the right?" Kacilius asked. "If that's the case, then let's see what's there. Unless you want to go left."

As you emerge into the tunnel you see a rather odd pair making their way towards you. A Grineer Butcher and a Manic. The Manic is dragging the broken body of a Golden Maw behind it, it’s movement slowed by the weight of the proxy. 

The Butcher slows as he sees you and barks a command to his companion as he spots you, his hand coming to rest on a Sheev holstered at his side. A bandolier of similar daggers is sling across his chest. 

Anak would notice that one is missing, and that each has a symbol on it that matches the one on the blade that was embedded in the Corpus crewman’s leg.

The Manic stops, still holding the proxy, its gaze darting between the two of you.

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Seventy thousand credits per day, with salvage rights in the event of your demise.” The Mesa says. “Half due up front, to be returned upon mercenary breach of contract, the other half to be paid upon completion or client breach of contract.”

She places a gray bracelet on the table. 

“This will keep track of your location and relay it to the mercenary assigned to you at all times. It will also notify you of the remaining time on your contract, and allow you to extend the contract, for a fee of course.”

He nods and uses his datapad from his MOA to confirm the transaction "Done and Done" He takes the bracelet and places it onto him

The MOA logs the Bracelet so he too can keep close

"Don't worry little guy, we'll be fine" He says, looking down to his MOA "Just make sure you have your precept set"

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

As you emerge into the tunnel you see a rather odd pair making their way towards you. A Grineer Butcher and a Manic. The Manic is dragging the broken body of a Golden Maw behind it, it’s movement slowed by the weight of the proxy. 

The Butcher slows as he sees you and barks a command to his companion as he spots you, his hand coming to rest on a Sheev holstered at his side. A bandolier of similar daggers is sling across his chest. 

Anak would notice that one is missing, and that each has a symbol on it that matches the one on the blade that was embedded in the Corpus crewman’s leg.

The Manic stops, still holding the proxy, its gaze darting between the two of you.

Kacilius quickly drew his Velox and sprayed several bullets. More %$#@ing Grineer! He Provoked himself and activated Maim, then pounced at the Manic while unsheathing his Ceti Lacera. He flung the whip end at the Manic, trying to wrap it around him. Turning around, Kacilius fired a few more rounds at the Butcher, then retreated to the wall of the cave.

4 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius quickly drew his Velox and sprayed several bullets. More %$#@ing Grineer! He Provoked himself and activated Maim, then pounced at the Manic while unsheathing his Ceti Lacera. He flung the whip end at the Manic, trying to wrap it around him. Turning around, Kacilius fired a few more rounds at the Butcher, then retreated to the wall of the cave.

As she heard the gunshots, Anak tried to jump at the Tenno to stop him shooting or point his hand somewhere harmless, but she staggered as the Maim hit her.  Through her ocular implant, she saw Floater's view of Kacilius swinging his Lacera, and herself doubled over in pain.  As the initial shock passed, she threw her fist forward in a punching motion, creating a fireball, and raised her head just in time to see it with her own eyes striking Kacilius as he turned around, throwing off his aim.  The second volley of bullets struck the walls and ceiling.

As lunar dust showered the passageway, harmless but opaque, Kacilius felt a hand on either side of him pin his arms to his body, and lift his warframe off the ground.  In front of him, he could make out Anak's face staring up (up?) at him, blood streaming from her nose and the corner of her mouth, and tears of pain from her organic eye.  "Turn It Off," she growled through gritted teeth, and a tendril of smoke wound past the warframe's olfactory sensors, smelling of singed technocyte.

9 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

As she heard the gunshots, Anak tried to jump at the Tenno to stop him shooting or point his hand somewhere harmless, but she staggered as the Maim hit her.  Through her ocular implant, she saw Floater's view of Kacilius swinging his Lacera, and herself doubled over in pain.  As the initial shock passed, she threw her fist forward in a punching motion, creating a fireball, and raised her head just in time to see it with her own eyes striking Kacilius as he turned around, throwing off his aim.  The second volley of bullets struck the walls and ceiling.

As lunar dust showered the passageway, harmless but opaque, Kacilius felt a hand on either side of him pin his arms to his body, and lift his warframe off the ground.  In front of him, he could make out Anak's face staring up (up?) at him, blood streaming from her nose and the corner of her mouth, and tears of pain from her organic eye.  "Turn It Off," she growled through gritted teeth, and a tendril of smoke wound past the warframe's olfactory sensors, smelling of singed technocyte.

Kacilius wasn't thinking clearly, as the new Grineer pair retriggered (as UnremarkableUsername called, which I will now use) his "Post-Tennohood Stress Disorder".

As he struggled to get out of Anak's grasp, Kacilius kicked her in the torso and freed his right arm, pistol-whipping Anak with his Velox before spraying some bullets at her. He released Maim (going to go with game mechanics here, so only the bleed effect has occurred, no full map nuking), Metamorphosed into Night Form, and Rested the Butcher, Manic, and Anak. He started shuddering uncontrollably as he activated Mend to heal. "Time to die, Grineer scum!" He drew his Glaive and charged a throw at the closest target: Anak.

Archived