Jump to content

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius wasn't thinking clearly, as the new Grineer pair retriggered (as UnremarkableUsername called, which I will now use) his "Post-Tennohood Stress Disorder".

As he struggled to get out of Anak's grasp, Kacilius kicked her in the torso and freed his right arm, pistol-whipping Anak with his Velox before spraying some bullets at her. He released Maim (going to go with game mechanics here, so only the bleed effect has occurred, no full map nuking), Metamorphosed into Night Form, and Rested the Butcher, Manic, and Anak. He started shuddering uncontrollably as he activated Mend to heal. "Time to die, Grineer scum!" He drew his Glaive and charged a throw at the closest target: Anak.

 

10 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

As she heard the gunshots, Anak tried to jump at the Tenno to stop him shooting or point his hand somewhere harmless, but she staggered as the Maim hit her.  Through her ocular implant, she saw Floater's view of Kacilius swinging his Lacera, and herself doubled over in pain.  As the initial shock passed, she threw her fist forward in a punching motion, creating a fireball, and raised her head just in time to see it with her own eyes striking Kacilius as he turned around, throwing off his aim.  The second volley of bullets struck the walls and ceiling.

As lunar dust showered the passageway, harmless but opaque, Kacilius felt a hand on either side of him pin his arms to his body, and lift his warframe off the ground.  In front of him, he could make out Anak's face staring up (up?) at him, blood streaming from her nose and the corner of her mouth, and tears of pain from her organic eye.  "Turn It Off," she growled through gritted teeth, and a tendril of smoke wound past the warframe's olfactory sensors, smelling of singed technocyte.
 

The Manic does not even flinch, leaping past the Rested Anak to tackle Kacilius. Something falls from the Butcher’s hand as he slumps. A pulse of energy washes over everyone, canceling out the void abilities. 

The Butcher draws a pair of Sheevs, stalking past Anak, and towards Kacilius, the Manic still grappling with the Tenno.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

 

The Manic does not even flinch, leaping past the Rested Anak to tackle Kacilius. Something falls from the Butcher’s hand as he slumps. A pulse of energy washes over everyone, canceling out the void abilities. 

The Butcher draws a pair of Sheevs, stalking past Anak, and towards Kacilius, the Manic still grappling with the Tenno.

 

Kacilius was too busy grappling the Manic to notice the Butcher coming towards him. He grabbed the Manic's arm and tried to throw him behind his back (Like a judo throw or whatever it's called). He activated Pacify, not noticing that Rest was Dispelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius wasn't thinking clearly, as the new Grineer pair retriggered (as UnremarkableUsername called, which I will now use) his "Post-Tennohood Stress Disorder".

As he struggled to get out of Anak's grasp, Kacilius kicked her in the torso and freed his right arm, pistol-whipping Anak with his Velox before spraying some bullets at her. He released Maim (going to go with game mechanics here, so only the bleed effect has occurred, no full map nuking), Metamorphosed into Night Form, and Rested the Butcher, Manic, and Anak. He started shuddering uncontrollably as he activated Mend to heal. "Time to die, Grineer scum!" He drew his Glaive and charged a throw at the closest target: Anak.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

 

The Manic does not even flinch, leaping past the Rested Anak to tackle Kacilius. Something falls from the Butcher’s hand as he slumps. A pulse of energy washes over everyone, canceling out the void abilities. 

The Butcher draws a pair of Sheevs, stalking past Anak, and towards Kacilius, the Manic still grappling with the Tenno.

27 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius was too busy grappling the Manic to notice the Butcher coming towards him. He grabbed the Manic's arm and tried to throw him behind his back (Like a judo throw or whatever it's called). He activated Pacify, not noticing that Rest was Dispelled.

Anak woke up from the Dispelled Rest.  Everything hurt.  Her vision was foggy, but she could make out the other two Grineer stepping over her.  Her chest felt wet.  She felt around, and found a hole in her armor, on the front of her shoulder.  She remembered that Kacilius had shot her.  The armor might have stopped it, but at such close range, the bullet had gone right through.

They had to make the Tenno stop, they had to make him calm down.  If they fled, the Tenno could run faster than them, jump farther than them, and they would be caught.  If they tried to fight the Tenno, he could draw on the power of the Void, while their Grineer bodies would soon be felled by injury or fatigue.

She stood, unsteady.  In one huge step, she overtook the Butcher.  Another step brought her to Kacilius, where she lost her balance, but that didn't matter.  The point was to bring him down, stop him moving.  Kacilius would have but a moment to see her coming, arms opened wide, before the huge Grineer fell on him.

((assuming Kacilius doesn't get out of the way, I have the next post ready, and it's actuallly pretty wholesome))

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak woke up from the Dispelled Rest.  Everything hurt.  Her vision was foggy, but she could make out the other two Grineer stepping over her.  Her chest felt wet.  She felt around, and found a hole in her armor, on the front of her shoulder.  She remembered that Kacilius had shot her.  The armor might have stopped it, but at such close range, the bullet had gone right through.

They had to make the Tenno stop, they had to make him calm down.  If they fled, the Tenno could run faster than them, jump farther than them, and they would be caught.  If they tried to fight the Tenno, he could draw on the power of the Void, while their Grineer bodies would soon be felled by injury or fatigue.

She stood, unsteady.  In one huge step, she overtook the Butcher.  Another step brought her to Kacilius, where she lost her balance, but that didn't matter.  The point was to bring him down, stop him moving.  Kacilius would have but a moment to see her coming, arms opened wide, before the huge Grineer fell on him.

((assuming Kacilius doesn't get out of the way, I have the next post ready, and it's actuallly pretty wholesome))

((I was about to close the forums as soon as you posted, nice))

Kacilius was about to whip his Parazon into the Manic when something fell on top of him and knocked the wind out of him. As Anak squashed him, he flailed wildly, trying to escape. He was not going to go down without a fight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

It was not often that a Tenno, without Transferring from their Warframe, could feel small.

Held down against the lunar dust by Anak's bulk, Kacilius heard her voice, half-whispering: "Brother.  Calm down.  You are safe.  Breathe."  He could feel her heart beating through her armor, afraid.

Kacilius heard chopped words in his wild frenzy. Calm... Safe.... Breathe. Then he felt something beating fast. A hazy Anak lied on him. Kacilius slowly, but gradually relaxed. He quickly slipped into unconsciousness. Back into the dream.

((I just realized I have been neglecting Vampkitty and M.O.A. Welp.))

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

It was not often that a Tenno, without Transferring from their Warframe, could feel small.

Held down against the lunar dust by Anak's bulk, Kacilius heard her voice, half-whispering: "Brother.  Calm down.  You are safe.  Breathe."  He could feel her heart beating through her armor, afraid.

 

6 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius heard chopped words in his wild frenzy. Calm... Safe.... Breathe. Then he felt something beating fast. A hazy Anak lied on him. Kacilius slowly, but gradually relaxed. He quickly slipped into unconsciousness. Back into the dream.

((I just realized I have been neglecting Vampkitty and M.O.A. Welp.))

The Manic hits the wall hard, pearly not expecting the wiry frame to possess the strength it does. The Butcher pauses as Anak throws herself on top of Kacilius. 

The Manic springs to its feet only for a varied command from the Butcher to halt it mid crouch. 

Both fall back slightly, taking up defensive positions near their prize, eyes fixed on the pair. The Butcher has another grenade in his palm. 
 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-24 at 2:30 PM, Rakawan said:

The Star pops loose in your hands, sending you backwards into the floor. The Ayatan shuts down. 

A Frost Prime steps up as the Artisan cowers behind a frail looking sculpture.

“Is there a problem?” He asks.

Vydraixenne had certainly not expected the star to come loose this easily - another proof for just how wrong this fool had done to the ancient relic - and toppled over backwards onto her behind. It seemed that even without feet, stumbling was still possible. Who knew.

Normally, she would've just but the Ayatan star back onto the table, to make clear that she wasn't planning to pocket anything that wasn't hers - but HE was still around, and void forbid that he'd lay another hand onto this. Seeing him hide from what she assumed was her wrath was actually good place for him to be for now. He wouldn't cause any harm there.

"I'd say so, yeah!" she replied, still agitated, to the Frost Prime who didn't strike her as a guest-Tenno like she was. "Some of your 'Artisans' seem to have difficulties grasping the concept of "square peg, round hole"! How can you let baffoons like him..." With the hand that still held the Ayatan star she gestured towards the artisan's hideout "...handle valuable treasures like this?" She now indicated the statue, which was so obviously broken to her that she didn't even bother to elaborate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-25 at 11:54 AM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius heard chopped words in his wild frenzy. Calm... Safe.... Breathe. Then he felt something beating fast. A hazy Anak lied on him. Kacilius slowly, but gradually relaxed. He quickly slipped into unconsciousness. Back into the dream.

On 2020-09-25 at 12:03 PM, Rakawan said:

The Manic hits the wall hard, pearly not expecting the wiry frame to possess the strength it does. The Butcher pauses as Anak throws herself on top of Kacilius. 

The Manic springs to its feet only for a varied command from the Butcher to halt it mid crouch. 

Both fall back slightly, taking up defensive positions near their prize, eyes fixed on the pair. The Butcher has another grenade in his palm. 

Anak was still for several seconds, until she was sure the Tenno had stopped struggling.  She reached across and stuck a finger into the hole in her armor, and winced as she cauterized the wound.  It would need proper medical attention soon, but that was good enough for now.

Carefully, she eased herself into a sitting position against the wall of the tunnel, keeping an arm around Kacilius's warframe in case it woke up.  She looked at the two other Grineer, and addressed them in their native language, with a monumental understatement.

"Interesting day, eh, brothers."

Edited by UnremarkableUsername
fixed typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-26 at 8:59 AM, Owlrrex said:

Vydraixenne had certainly not expected the star to come loose this easily - another proof for just how wrong this fool had done to the ancient relic - and toppled over backwards onto her behind. It seemed that even without feet, stumbling was still possible. Who knew.

Normally, she would've just but the Ayatan star back onto the table, to make clear that she wasn't planning to pocket anything that wasn't hers - but HE was still around, and void forbid that he'd lay another hand onto this. Seeing him hide from what she assumed was her wrath was actually good place for him to be for now. He wouldn't cause any harm there.

"I'd say so, yeah!" she replied, still agitated, to the Frost Prime who didn't strike her as a guest-Tenno like she was. "Some of your 'Artisans' seem to have difficulties grasping the concept of "square peg, round hole"! How can you let baffoons like him..." With the hand that still held the Ayatan star she gestured towards the artisan's hideout "...handle valuable treasures like this?" She now indicated the statue, which was so obviously broken to her that she didn't even bother to elaborate.

The Frost turns to regard the sculpture, and then the Artisan bear it. 
 

“Junior Artisan Keldak.” He says. “What is the rule about Ayatan Sculptures?”

”Don’t touch them unless unless an Senior Artisan is supervising.” Keldak says, still cowering. “But I made it fit.”

The air temperature drops several degrees.

”And I could make you fit inside a locker for the rest of the day.” The Frost says. “But that would not be ideal, now would it?”

Keldak lowers his head. 

“Clean up the fragments, and return the star to storage.” The Frost says. “Once you are done, report to the morgue. Orin needs help defrosting a corpse for the Physicians to practice on.“

He turns back to you. 

“Thank you for intervening.” He says. “In the future I would ask that you refrain from raising your voice. As you can see the Artisans are easily startled. 
 

A glance around the room would reveal that most of the Artisan’s have ceased their operations and are cowering behind various items, their eyes fixed on you.
 


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-26 at 12:27 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak was still for several seconds, until she was sure the Tenno had stopped struggling.  She reached across and stuck a finger into the hole in her armor, and winced as she cauterized the wound.  It would need proper medical attention soon, but that was good enough for now.

Carefully, she eased herself into a sitting position against the wall of the tunnel, keeping an arm around Kacilius's warframe in case it woke up.  She looked at the two other Grineer, and addressed them in their native language, with a monumental understatement.

"Interesting day, eh, brothers."

“Had better.” The Butcher says. 

The Manic chuckles. 

“Found anything interesting?” The Butcher asks casually. 

His hands are still resting on his daggers and the dispel grenade.

 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-24 at 9:50 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

He nods and uses his datapad from his MOA to confirm the transaction "Done and Done" He takes the bracelet and places it onto him

The MOA logs the Bracelet so he too can keep close

"Don't worry little guy, we'll be fine" He says, looking down to his MOA "Just make sure you have your precept set"

“Then you are good to go.” The Mesa says. “Lucien can fill you in on any restrictions.”

The Limbo nods.

”Once we enter the depths the only targets that are off limits are House Tanis Artisans,  other Sons of Hayden Mercenaries and other clients.” Lucien says. “Over than that everyone is fair game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Then you are good to go.” The Mesa says. “Lucien can fill you in on any restrictions.”

The Limbo nods.

”Once we enter the depths the only targets that are off limits are House Tanis Artisans,  other Sons of Hayden Mercenaries and other clients.” Lucien says. “Over than that everyone is fair game.”

He nods "Fine by me" He logs the location "Ready to head out?" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He nods "Fine by me" He logs the location "Ready to head out?" 

“Whenever you are sir.” Lucien replies. 

The Mesa kicks her feet up on the counter again. In the corner you can see a Grendel sucking up loose rubble excavated by an Atlas. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“Had better.” The Butcher says. 

The Manic chuckles. 

“Found anything interesting?” The Butcher asks casually. 

His hands are still resting on his daggers and the dispel grenade.

"Trigger-Happy here" --Anak indicated the motionless form of Kacilius-- "found a hidden room, and says he found some sort of Void-artifact in there."

It occurred to her that "Trigger-Happy" would be much less dangerous without his weapons.  She began carefully prying the velox from his hand, hoping he wouldn't wake up.

"How long you been here?  Like, on the Moon scavenging?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Trigger-Happy here" --Anak indicated the motionless form of Kacilius-- "found a hidden room, and says he found some sort of Void-artifact in there."

It occurred to her that "Trigger-Happy" would be much less dangerous without his weapons.  She began carefully prying the velox from his hand, hoping he wouldn't wake up.

"How long you been here?  Like, on the Moon scavenging?"

Tar’rok smiled behind his full face mask. 

A void relic. Excellent.

“Long enough.” He says. “No Kweens down here. No rules either.”

The Manic curls it’s claws.

“Misunderstandings happens so often.” Tar’rok says. “But we’re willing to forgive and forget. In exchange for the relic you found.” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Misunderstandings happens so often.” Tar’rok says. “But we’re willing to forgive and forget. In exchange for the relic you found.” 

"Sweet Kuva, brother, don't you remember what happened to Vor?"  Were these two stupid?  "I'd take it myself, but this Tenno said it gave him visions, and if it does that to a Tenno, I'd rather not find out what happens if one of us touches it." 

This Grineer almost sounded like the Corpus taxmen she'd seen in Fortuna.

Anak freed the velox from Kacilius's grip, and began unhooking the stradavar from his back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Tar’rok smiled behind his full face mask. 

A void relic. Excellent.

“Long enough.” He says. “No Kweens down here. No rules either.”

The Manic curls it’s claws.

“Misunderstandings happens so often.” Tar’rok says. “But we’re willing to forgive and forget. In exchange for the relic you found.” 

 

4 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Sweet Kuva, brother, don't you remember what happened to Vor?"  Were these two stupid?  "I'd take it myself, but this Tenno said it gave him visions, and if it does that to a Tenno, I'd rather not find out what happens if one of us touches it." 

This Grineer almost sounded like the Corpus taxmen she'd seen in Fortuna.

Anak freed the velox from Kacilius's grip, and began unhooking the stradavar from his back. 

Meanwhile (because I have no idea why I've neglected the two), Vampkitty and M.O.A. watched silently in a shadowed part of the tunnel. For a Vasca Kavat and a Moa, both were fairly intelligent. Vampkitty stalked towards the Butcher and Manic while M.O.A. primed a Whiplash Mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Sweet Kuva, brother, don't you remember what happened to Vor?"  Were these two stupid?  "I'd take it myself, but this Tenno said it gave him visions, and if it does that to a Tenno, I'd rather not find out what happens if one of us touches it." 

This Grineer almost sounded like the Corpus taxmen she'd seen in Fortuna.

Anak freed the velox from Kacilius's grip, and began unhooking the stradavar from his back. 

 

32 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

 

Meanwhile (because I have no idea why I've neglected the two), Vampkitty and M.O.A. watched silently in a shadowed part of the tunnel. For a Vasca Kavat and a Moa, both were fairly intelligent. Vampkitty stalked towards the Butcher and Manic while M.O.A. primed a Whiplash Mine.

“All the more reason to let us take it off your hands.” The butcher says. “Unlike Vor we are... prepared for such items.”

He reaches behind him and sets something on the ground. A small Corpus device. It does nothing. He fiddled with it for a moment and the. kicks it. You can feel a small scale nullification field activate as the device unfolds into a containment cell just large enough to hold the oculus. 

“A former acquaintance of mine.... ‘loaned’ me this item.” He says. “And don’t worry. You won’t have to touch the relic. My friend here will handle that.”

He gestures to the Manic. 

“The Void can’t twist his mind if there is no mind to twist.”

The Manic chuckles and closes in on the unconscious Warframe. 

Neither it nor the Butcher seem to notice the Kavat or the Moa.
 

 



 


 

 

Edited by Rakawan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

 

Meanwhile (because I have no idea why I've neglected the two), Vampkitty and M.O.A. watched silently in a shadowed part of the tunnel. For a Vasca Kavat and a Moa, both were fairly intelligent. Vampkitty stalked towards the Butcher and Manic while M.O.A. primed a Whiplash Mine.

Kacilius would find himself standing before the statue once more, the surrounding world fading away to leave only a shadow world, populated entirely by himself and the statue. The Ayatan glows brightly, blinding light filling the void. Then it fades, revealing a small tower room, decoration suggesting it is the living quarters of a child, children. Miriam Tanis stands beside a bed, hands on the ruffled fabric. Unlike the previous vision this one feels raw, not refined. A wild memory, not a bottled one. 

“Am u doing the right thing?” She asks.

For a moment she appears to be talking to Kacilius, then a white and gold Kavat adorned in grab strides forward, through your spectral form. 

It let’s loose a wailing yowl and paws at a small holographic display, showing Miriam, a young girl, and two young boys, standing standing and smiling. A Dax soldier stands behind them, yet still within view of the picture, an oddity considered the difference in station. 

“I know Kala.” Miriam says. “I miss them too.”

A voice fills the air. 

“You have one new message from Executor Ballas.”

Miriams face fills with hope, and a look of regret as she glances at the Star in her hand.

”Play it.” She orders. 

“Archimedian Tanis. It is with a heavy heart that I must confirm that your children were indeed lost along with Zarimman. It is always a tragedy to lose such promising young lives. Even more saddening is the evidence I have personally uncovered suggesting the loss was not an accident.”

Miriam’s look of hope fades, replaced by on of irritation. 

“The records of the launch are being... altered.” Ballas’ voice says. “Someone is trying to hide their misdeeds. I assure you this will not go unpunished. We cannot bring back your children, but we can ensure they are avenged. One final condolence. Though it will not replace them, I do wish to remind you that you and your... donors’ genetic samples are still on file within the archives. If you wish we can select a surrogate and grant you a new....”

Miriam grabs the drone playing the message, her face contorted in raged, and hurls it against the wall. The proxy shorts out as it collides with the wall, falling to the ground. Ballas’ words fade away. 

Miriam takes two steps and grabs something new from the table. A Dax communication device, but somehow altered. 
 

“Ronin, this is Sage. Ballas is hiding something. Contact the others. This may be bigger than we thought.”

She presses a button and then slides it into her robes. 

She glances around the chamber and her gaze falls upon a simple blade. A Dakra Prime leaning against the wall. She picks it up. 

A smile drifts across her face. 

“Mim, contact Abram.” She says. “Tell him he is right. I do need a distraction. I will meet him at the training grounds. It has been some time since we sparred.”

Her gaze is fixed on the downed drone that played Ballas’ message. Her smile is downright feral. 
 

She places the sword back where it sat and walks out the door, her Kavat following. The world seems to freeze as she leaves, however you are able to move around.




 

 


 

 

Edited by Rakawan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He nods "Let's head out then" He says, heading out

Before long you find yourself standing before a man in a Solaris Rig. His brow furrows as he sees you.

”Another Corpus treasure hunter, eh?” He says. “Should find plenty of wealth down there.”

He glances at the shielded entrance to the depths for a second and then back at you. 

“Alright.” He says. “Just few things to check before you depart.”

He pulls up a list in his data pad. 
 

“Can you confirm that you are in possession of, or capable of operating without the following items?”

He hands each of you a holopad containing the list. There is a check box next to each. 
 

1. Spare rations, one days worth.

2. Grappling Hook, jet pack, or other means of vertical movement. 

3. Air and filtration systems rated for Class-B environments (toxic and/or oxygen free). 

4. Emergency distress beacon. 

5. Emergency Medical supplies.

6. Self defense equipment rated for Class-S threats. 

There is also a field to declare any equipment not listed above.

Lucien points at the last item on the list. 

“That would be me.” He says. “Your own personal defense system.”
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Kacilius would find himself standing before the statue once more, the surrounding world fading away to leave only a shadow world, populated entirely by himself and the statue. The Ayatan glows brightly, blinding light filling the void. Then it fades, revealing a small tower room, decoration suggesting it is the living quarters of a child, children. Miriam Tanis stands beside a bed, hands on the ruffled fabric. Unlike the previous vision this one feels raw, not refined. A wild memory, not a bottled one. 

 

Where... where am I?

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Am u doing the right thing?” She asks.

For a moment she appears to be talking to Kacilius, then a white and gold Kavat adorned in grab strides forward, through your spectral form. 

It let’s loose a wailing yowl and paws at a small holographic display, showing Miriam, a young girl, and two young boys, standing standing and smiling. A Dax soldier stands behind them, yet still within view of the picture, an oddity considered the difference in station. 

“I know Kala.” Miriam says. “I miss them too.”

Kacilius stepped forward until Kala walked right through him. "Aah!" Kacilius stumbled. He looked up and around. Miriam kept looking at the display, not reacting. Strange, no one reacted to Kacilius. Am... am I in the past?

17 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“You have one new message from Executor Ballas.”

Miriams face fills with hope, and a look of regret as she glances at the Star in her hand.

”Play it.” She orders. 

“Archimedian Tanis. It is with a heavy heart that I must confirm that your children were indeed lost along with Zarimman. It is always a tragedy to lose such promising young lives. Even more saddening is the evidence I have personally uncovered suggesting the loss was not an accident.”

Miriam’s look of hope fades, replaced by on of irritation. 

“The records of the launch are being... altered.” Ballas’ voice says. “Someone is trying to hide their misdeeds. I assure you this will not go unpunished. We cannot bring back your children, but we can ensure they are avenged. One final condolence. Though it will not replace them, I do wish to remind you that you and your... donors’ genetic samples are still on file within the archives. If you wish we can select a surrogate and grant you a new....”

Miriam grabs the drone playing the message, her face contorted in raged, and hurls it against the wall. The proxy shorts out as it collides with the wall, falling to the ground. Ballas’ words fade away. 

Ballas. "That %$#@." When Kacilius heard about the "altered records", he perked. He could get more information about the Zariman, and figure out more about what happened during Orokin times.

 

19 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Miriam takes two steps and grabs something new from the table. A Dax communication device, but somehow altered. 
 

“Ronin, this is Sage. Ballas is hiding something. Contact the others. This may be bigger than we thought.”

She presses a button and then slides it into her robes. 

She glances around the chamber and her gaze falls upon a simple blade. A Dakra Prime leaning against the wall. She picks it up. 

A smile drifts across her face. 

“Mim, contact Abram.” She says. “Tell him he is right. I do need a distraction. I will meet him at the training grounds. It has been some time since we sparred.”

Her gaze is fixed on the downed drone that played Ballas’ message. Her smile is downright feral. 
 

She places the sword back where it sat and walks out the door, her Kavat following. The world seems to freeze as she leaves, however you are able to move around.

 

"Something big... did Ballas cause the Zariman Incident?" Kacilius walked up to the Dakra Prime. That is a beautiful sword. I wish I could have that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“All the more reason to let us take it off your hands.” The butcher says. “Unlike Vor we are... prepared for such items.”

He reaches behind him and sets something on the ground. A small Corpus device. It does nothing. He fiddled with it for a moment and the. kicks it. You can feel a small scale nullification field activate as the device unfolds into a containment cell just large enough to hold the oculus. 

“A former acquaintance of mine.... ‘loaned’ me this item.” He says. “And don’t worry. You won’t have to touch the relic. My friend here will handle that.”

He gestures to the Manic. 

“The Void can’t twist his mind if there is no mind to twist.”

The Manic chuckles and closes in on the unconscious Warframe.

Anak freed the stradavar from Kacilius's back, and turned to face the other two Grineer, kneeling so as not to be too far above their eye level.
"You can have it," she said, "but I want a cut of the pay when we get back to base."

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Where... where am I?

Kacilius stepped forward until Kala walked right through him. "Aah!" Kacilius stumbled. He looked up and around. Miriam kept looking at the display, not reacting. Strange, no one reacted to Kacilius. Am... am I in the past?

Ballas. "That %$#@." When Kacilius heard about the "altered records", he perked. He could get more information about the Zariman, and figure out more about what happened during Orokin times.

 

"Something big... did Ballas cause the Zariman Incident?" Kacilius walked up to the Dakra Prime. That is a beautiful sword. I wish I could have that.

The sword begins to hum with void energy. It rises up to eye level. The world around you fades uNtil all you can see is the blade, every minuscule nick and dent As clear as day. The sound of clashing blades fills your ears, then a muffled thump, as if something had struck the floor. 

“Again.” A voice says. It is regal, commanding, and strict.

”How am I supposed to beat you.” Another voice says, this one far younger. “You are a Dax. You are stronger, and faster, and have a had decades more training....”

”Centuries.” The Dax corrects. “Experience must be gained, and not every battle is won through strength and speed. You must learn to control your environment, use it against your foe.” 

“Control it with what?” The younger voice asks. “You won’t let me use the void tech I’ve been working on.”

”That power is a crutch.” The Dax says. “A true warrior needs only his blade, his mind, and the world around him. Your brother and sister have already learned this lesson.”

”Dalen cheats, and Namira wastes her time with mind games.” The younger voice says. “Neither one fights with honor.”

”Not ever foe will confront you honorably.” The Dax says. “Now enough whining. Again!”

The younger voice sounds vaguely familiar, but you cannot yet place it.

The view of the room returns, the sword once more leaning against the wall.
 


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...