Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)

Rakawan

28 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak freed the stradavar from Kacilius's back, and turned to face the other two Grineer, kneeling so as not to be too far above their eye level.
"You can have it," she said, "but I want a cut of the pay when we get back to base."

“20%.” The Butcher says. 

He draws out a strange device, similar to the Castana throwing knives used by the Tenno, and tosses it to the Manic, who closes in on the unconscious Warframe.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“20%.” The Butcher says. 

He draws out a strange device, similar to the Castana throwing knives used by the Tenno, and tosses it to the Manic, who closes in on the unconscious Warframe.

Well. That was... easy.  Anak had thought she might have to fight the other two, and she was not in a condition to do that.  She was still sore and shaky from the Equinox's Bleed.

She held out a hand in front of the Manic.  "I wouldn't zap him.  He might wake up, and giving him a hug isn't going to work twice."

26 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The sword begins to hum with void energy. It rises up to eye level. The world around you fades uNtil all you can see is the blade, every minuscule nick and dent As clear as day. The sound of clashing blades fills your ears, then a muffled thump, as if something had struck the floor. 

“Again.” A voice says. It is regal, commanding, and strict.

”How am I supposed to beat you.” Another voice says, this one far younger. “You are a Dax. You are stronger, and faster, and have a had decades more training....”

”Centuries.” The Dax corrects. “Experience must be gained, and not every battle is won through strength and speed. You must learn to control your environment, use it against your foe.” 

“Control it with what?” The younger voice asks. “You won’t let me use the void tech I’ve been working on.”

”That power is a crutch.” The Dax says. “A true warrior needs only his blade, his mind, and the world around him. Your brother and sister have already learned this lesson.”

”Dalen cheats, and Namira wastes her time with mind games.” The younger voice says. “Neither one fights with honor.”

”Not ever foe will confront you honorably.” The Dax says. “Now enough whining. Again!”

The younger voice sounds vaguely familiar, but you cannot yet place it.

The view of the room returns, the sword once more leaning against the wall.

Kacilius stepped back from the blade. Whose voice was that? He looked at the Dakra Prime again. I should let it stay here. It's hers, and I should see what else is going on. He walked out the door to follow Miriam.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Before long you find yourself standing before a man in a Solaris Rig. His brow furrows as he sees you.

”Another Corpus treasure hunter, eh?” He says. “Should find plenty of wealth down there.”

He glances at the shielded entrance to the depths for a second and then back at you. 

“Alright.” He says. “Just few things to check before you depart.”

He pulls up a list in his data pad. 

“Can you confirm that you are in possession of, or capable of operating without the following items?”

He hands each of you a holopad containing the list. There is a check box next to each. 

1. Spare rations, one days worth.

2. Grappling Hook, jet pack, or other means of vertical movement. 

3. Air and filtration systems rated for Class-B environments (toxic and/or oxygen free). 

4. Emergency distress beacon. 

5. Emergency Medical supplies.

6. Self defense equipment rated for Class-S threats. 

There is also a field to declare any equipment not listed above.

Lucien points at the last item on the list. 

“That would be me.” He says. “Your own personal defense system.”

He rubs his chin and ticks the following, although he will need to transport them from his ship, luckily he is able to do that "Uh, Lets see..."

<He Ticks: 1.3.6 and 5>

<He also Declares his Sentient Weapons and his MOA>

8 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius stepped back from the blade. Whose voice was that? He looked at the Dakra Prime again. I should let it stay here. It's hers, and I should see what else is going on. He walked out the door to follow Miriam.

The moment you approach the door the world around you seems to fall away. You can hear voices, some the same as before, others new, all jumbled together. As you listen two rise above all others, both Grineer: 

15 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Well. That was... easy.  Anak had thought she might have to fight the other two, and she was not in a condition to do that.  She was still sore and shaky from the Equinox's Bleed.

She held out a hand in front of the Manic.  "I wouldn't zap him.  He might wake up, and giving him a hug isn't going to work twice."

“Are you familiar with pocket dimension tech?” The Butcher asks. “Because if not you could get yourself sucked inside.”

The Manic pauses and looks back at him. 

“Oh not you.” The Butcher says. “You’ll be fine. I’ll walk you through it.”

3 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Vampkitty and M.O.A. took this time to react. Vampkitty leapt at the Butcher, while M.O.A. shot the Whiplash Mine at the Grineer pair.

Your vision is dark. The same as it would be if you closed your eyes, or the Transference equivalent inside a frame.

You can feel something leap over you. 

The Butcher is unable to dodge, grunting as the Kavat strikes him. 

The Manic leaps forward, only to crash to the ground as the mine snares him. 

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The moment you approach the door the world around you seems to fall away. You can hear voices, some the same as before, others new, all jumbled together. As you listen two rise above all others, both Grineer: 

34 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

“Are you familiar with pocket dimension tech?” The Butcher asks. “Because if not you could get yourself sucked inside.”

The Manic pauses and looks back at him. 

“Oh not you.” The Butcher says. “You’ll be fine. I’ll walk you through it.”

21 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Vampkitty and M.O.A. took this time to react. Vampkitty leapt at the Butcher, while M.O.A. shot the Whiplash Mine at the Grineer pair.

Your vision is dark. The same as it would be if you closed your eyes, or the Transference equivalent inside a frame.

Kacilius slowly raised himself to a sitting position. Through the darkness, he saw Vampkitty grappling with the Butcher, while M.O.A. was blasting at the Manic with its Prisma Burst Laser. M.O.A. reared its leg and stomped the ground with its Shockwave Actuators, knocking Kacilius over onto his chest.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He rubs his chin and ticks the following, although he will need to transport them from his ship, luckily he is able to do that "Uh, Lets see..."

<He Ticks: 1.3.6 and 5>

<He also Declares his Sentient Weapons and his MOA>

“I have a distress beacon.” Lucien says. “And I have a spare grappling hook as part of my survival kit.”

58 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius slowly raised himself to a sitting position. Through the darkness, he saw Vampkitty grappling with the Butcher, while M.O.A. was blasting at the Manic with its Prisma Burst Laser. M.O.A. reared its leg and stomped the ground with its Shockwave Actuators, knocking Kacilius over onto his chest.

M.O.A.'s whiplash mine pulled Anak forward onto her hands, and the shockwave stomp knocked her fully to the ground.  She scooped up Kacilius's guns in her left hand, the side with the bullet wound, and with her right hand grabbed a crack in the wall to pull herself into a standing position.  She'd need to run.

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Frost turns to regard the sculpture, and then the Artisan bear it. 

“Junior Artisan Keldak.” He says. “What is the rule about Ayatan Sculptures?”

”Don’t touch them unless unless an Senior Artisan is supervising.” Keldak says, still cowering. “But I made it fit.”

The air temperature drops several degrees.

”And I could make you fit inside a locker for the rest of the day.” The Frost says. “But that would not be ideal, now would it?”

Keldak lowers his head. 

“Clean up the fragments, and return the star to storage.” The Frost says. “Once you are done, report to the morgue. Orin needs help defrosting a corpse for the Physicians to practice on.“

He turns back to you. 

“Thank you for intervening.” He says. “In the future I would ask that you refrain from raising your voice. As you can see the Artisans are easily startled. 

A glance around the room would reveal that most of the Artisan’s have ceased their operations and are cowering behind various items, their eyes fixed on you.

Vydraixenne was staring daggers at the Artisan just as much as the Frost was, her normally evermoving from halting still in mid-air for a moment. That moment of tension for her lasted about as long until the Frost gave his very elegant reply, which made her giggle in glee with not even an attempt to hide it.

Being thanked visibly emboldens the Wisp, and with how nicely the Frost worded his admonition towards her, she wasn't that offended by it actually.
"My my, quite a sweettalker, aren't you?" she teased, bringin her face closer to him in curiosity, before retreating back and hovering left-and-right on the spot playfully.
"Maybe if they weren't messing with powers so out of their league, they wouldn't need to be." Her disdain for the meddling of fools with higher powers drenched her voice.
"I just wish I could've prevented that poor casualty." she adds with genuine sorrow, looking around at the pieces being gathered up.

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“I have a distress beacon.” Lucien says. “And I have a spare grappling hook as part of my survival kit.”

He nods "Splendid" He says with a warm smile, he places his helmet on and grabs from the box he summoned down, he places the back-piece onto himself, it seems the same type as Latrox Une has, he stows his weapons "There we go, we all set Lucien?"

14 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He nods "Splendid" He says with a warm smile, he places his helmet on and grabs from the box he summoned down, he places the back-piece onto himself, it seems the same type as Latrox Une has, he stows his weapons "There we go, we all set Lucien?"

“Light’s green sir.” The mercenary replies. Seven takes the holopad back and before long you find yourself in a large cavern. 

The lights on Lucien’s helmet flash orange. 

“Activating codex scanner.... Hold up boss.” He says. “We got a problem. Bogeys on the right. One Eximus Heavy Gunner, one Grineer Manic, one Grineer Butcher, and a Warframe, looks like an Equinox. They appear to be fighting over something. How do we want to play this?”

14 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

M.O.A.'s whiplash mine pulled Anak forward onto her hands, and the shockwave stomp knocked her fully to the ground.  She scooped up Kacilius's guns in her left hand, the side with the bullet wound, and with her right hand grabbed a crack in the wall to pull herself into a standing position.  She'd need to run.

You can distantly see the entrance back to the tower drop the field as a Limbo Prime in gray and silver and a Juno Tech with a strange device on its back step through. 

16 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

The Manic scrabbles to its feet, launching itself at the Moa, class outstretched. The Butcher attempts to grab the Kavat by the neck, while stabbing forwards towards its stomach with his Sheev., leaving himself open, but only for a second.

14 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

Vydraixenne was staring daggers at the Artisan just as much as the Frost was, her normally evermoving from halting still in mid-air for a moment. That moment of tension for her lasted about as long until the Frost gave his very elegant reply, which made her giggle in glee with not even an attempt to hide it.

Being thanked visibly emboldens the Wisp, and with how nicely the Frost worded his admonition towards her, she wasn't that offended by it actually.
"My my, quite a sweettalker, aren't you?" she teased, bringin her face closer to him in curiosity, before retreating back and hovering left-and-right on the spot playfully.
"Maybe if they weren't messing with powers so out of their league, they wouldn't need to be." Her disdain for the meddling of fools with higher powers drenched her voice.
"I just wish I could've prevented that poor casualty." she adds with genuine sorrow, looking around at the pieces being gathered up.

“I was raised in higher circles than most.” He says. “A silver tongue was a necessity.”

He glances around and motions for the Artisans to resume their work. They do so slowly. “As for their ‘meddling with higher powers’ well.... very few remain alive who truly know these systems.”

He gestures towards the gravity lift. 

”We actually have a very thorough system for identifying potentially deadly artifacts in the lower levels. Those on this floor, while priceless, are relatively benign.” He says. “I assure you that the incident you witnessed is the absolute maximum amount of damage a junior Artisan would be capable of inflicting.“

He pries the piece of the sculpture from the wall. 

“While a regrettable loss, this sculpture can still be of use. A perfect test dummy for some restoration techniques the Artisans have concocted.”

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Manic scrabbles to its feet, launching itself at the Moa, class outstretched. The Butcher attempts to grab the Kavat by the neck, while stabbing forwards towards its stomach with his Sheev., leaving himself open, but only for a second.

((This is about to become a mosh pit XD))

Vampkitty hissed as the Sheev pierced his stomach. Straining, Vampkitty bit the Butcher with Draining Bite, sucking some blood out of the Grineer. M.O.A. jumped out of the away and tried to Medi-Ray Vampkitty and Kacilius from a distance. As the carnage continued, Kacilius saw Anak trying to escape the scene with his Stradavar Prime and Velox. Pushing himself up to a standing position, Kacilius unsheathed his Glaive. Activating Pacify, Kacilius stumbled towards the Butcher, leaning against the walls for balance.

54 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You can distantly see the entrance back to the tower drop the field as a Limbo Prime in gray and silver and a Juno Tech with a strange device on its back step through.

14 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

As the carnage continued, Kacilius saw Anak trying to escape the scene with his Stradavar Prime and Velox. Pushing himself up to a standing position, Kacilius unsheathed his Glaive. Activating Pacify, Kacilius stumbled towards the Butcher, leaning against the walls for balance.

Anak caught her breath.  She poked at Kacilius, and shook her head.  He was just going to make things worse again.

She took a few steps toward the entrance, each one slightly quicker than the last, building up towards a run.

“I was raised in higher circles than most.” He says. “A silver tongue was a necessity.”

He glances around and motions for the Artisans to resume their work. They do so slowly. “As for their ‘meddling with higher powers’ well.... very few remain alive who truly know these systems.”

He gestures towards the gravity lift. 

”We actually have a very thorough system for identifying potentially deadly artifacts in the lower levels. Those on this floor, while priceless, are relatively benign.” He says. “I assure you that the incident you witnessed is the absolute maximum amount of damage a junior Artisan would be capable of inflicting.“

He pries the piece of the sculpture from the wall. 

“While a regrettable loss, this sculpture can still be of use. A perfect test dummy for some restoration techniques the Artisans have concocted.”

The Wisp kept her eyes fixed on the Frost as he talked, listening attentively. He had thought he'd be more... dutiful, less talkative. But this was welcome.
"'Higher Circles'? That sounds both boring and interesting. Impressive." she commented on the side while he salvaged the debris.
"I know, you have to make do with who and what you find. We're all have that problem." she admitted. "But it's not about how deadly things are to them, or about their good intentions. People like them just... do they have any concept of the value a single star can hold? They have no connection to the many layers of its reality. It's like walking on a frozen lake when you can't swim. Your understanding of the danger won't save you from drowning."
She looks around at the Artisans while hovering over to the lift he indicated. "They're just like that, yes." Then she whirled around, facing to the Frost again without changing the direction she traversed: "I'm Vydraixenne, by the way. Who're you?"

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Light’s green sir.” The mercenary replies. Seven takes the holopad back and before long you find yourself in a large cavern. 

The lights on Lucien’s helmet flash orange. 

“Activating codex scanner.... Hold up boss.” He says. “We got a problem. Bogeys on the right. One Eximus Heavy Gunner, one Grineer Manic, one Grineer Butcher, and a Warframe, looks like an Equinox. They appear to be fighting over something. How do we want to play this?”

He rubs his chin, leaning down "Lets assist your fellow Tenno, maybe she's friendly and will appreciate the assistance, take care of the Manic and Gunner, I should be able to deal with the Butcher" He says, readying his Basum, knowing how strong it can be in the right hands, it should shed into them like butter "Hopefully we can take them out before they draw more attention and if she turns out hostile, just banish her to the rift and take care of her, I can't take a frame head on" He says, he activates his Null-Shield as extra protection, luckily for the Limbo, it's not effecting him 

42 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He rubs his chin, leaning down "Lets assist your fellow Tenno, maybe she's friendly and will appreciate the assistance, take care of the Manic and Gunner, I should be able to deal with the Butcher" He says, readying his Basum, knowing how strong it can be in the right hands, it should shed into them like butter "Hopefully we can take them out before they draw more attention and if she turns out hostile, just banish her to the rift and take care of her, I can't take a frame head on" He says, he activates his Null-Shield as extra protection, luckily for the Limbo, it's not effecting him 

Lucien makes a strange gesture then rises into the air. 

“Equinox marked as friendly target.” He says. “Applying stasis.”

3 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak caught her breath.  She poked at Kacilius, and shook her head.  He was just going to make things worse again.

She took a few steps toward the entrance, each one slightly quicker than the last, building up towards a run.

3 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

((This is about to become a mosh pit XD))

Vampkitty hissed as the Sheev pierced his stomach. Straining, Vampkitty bit the Butcher with Draining Bite, sucking some blood out of the Grineer. M.O.A. jumped out of the away and tried to Medi-Ray Vampkitty and Kacilius from a distance. As the carnage continued, Kacilius saw Anak trying to escape the scene with his Stradavar Prime and Velox. Pushing himself up to a standing position, Kacilius unsheathed his Glaive. Activating Pacify, Kacilius stumbled towards the Butcher, leaning against the walls for balance.

A cataclysm tears through half of the cavern, freezing Anak, the Manic, and the Butcher in place. The transition is surprisingly gentle, the ability clearly focuses for range, rather than lethal effect. 

Kacilius would find himself able to move, as would Vampkitty and the Moa. The Manic shrugs the attack off and leaps forward, only to meet a single round from the Limbo’s Euphona Prime. The cloaking kicks in and it falls back with a cackle.

Kacilius would hear a voice over an unfamiliar comms channel. 

“Congratulations. You are being rescued.” The voice says. “Please do not resist.”

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A cataclysm tears through half of the cavern, freezing Anak, the Manic, and the Butcher in place. The transition is surprisingly gentle, the ability clearly focuses for range, rather than lethal effect. 

Kacilius would find himself able to move, as would Vampkitty and the Moa. The Manic shrugs the attack off and leaps forward, only to meet a single round from the Limbo’s Euphona Prime. The cloaking kicks in and it falls back with a cackle.

Kacilius would hear a voice over an unfamiliar comms channel. 

“Congratulations. You are being rescued.” The voice says. “Please do not resist.”

Kacilius weakly looked around. A Limbo Cataclysm? Vampkitty and M.O.A. withdrew to his position. Taking out a Health Pack, Kacilius activated it when he heard the voice. "Who's there?" He spotted the Limbo. "Are you the one making this Cataclysm?" Kacilius asked before stumbling to the ground. "Ughhhh..."

3 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

The Wisp kept her eyes fixed on the Frost as he talked, listening attentively. He had thought he'd be more... dutiful, less talkative. But this was welcome.
"'Higher Circles'? That sounds both boring and interesting. Impressive." she commented on the side while he salvaged the debris.
"I know, you have to make do with who and what you find. We're all have that problem." she admitted. "But it's not about how deadly things are to them, or about their good intentions. People like them just... do they have any concept of the value a single star can hold? They have no connection to the many layers of its reality. It's like walking on a frozen lake when you can't swim. Your understanding of the danger won't save you from drowning."
She looks around at the Artisans while hovering over to the lift he indicated. "They're just like that, yes." Then she whirled around, facing to the Frost again without changing the direction she traversed: "I'm Vydraixenne, by the way. Who're you?"

“”Arbiter Ryoko.” He says. “And yes, it was boring. Apart from sparring sessions with my father, the Zarimman was the most excitement I had in my early childhood. The early days of my deployment during the war were not much better. I’m sure you remember the Hand of Ballas, the propaganda squad. Tenno wasted on parades and Engineered victories to stir public support, boost morale.”

He shakes his head. 

“But now there are no Orokin to waste resources, no wide eyed masses to woo. Just the battlefield, and the enemies upon it.”

He casts his glance around the concourse. 

“And side projects, like assisting Master Tanis with his reclamation of this place.”

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“”Arbiter Ryoko.” He says. “And yes, it was boring. Apart from sparring sessions with my father, the Zarimman was the most excitement I had in my early childhood. The early days of my deployment during the war were not much better. I’m sure you remember the Hand of Ballas, the propaganda squad. Tenno wasted on parades and Engineered victories to stir public support, boost morale.”

He shakes his head. 

“But now there are no Orokin to waste resources, no wide eyed masses to woo. Just the battlefield, and the enemies upon it.”

He casts his glance around the concourse. 

“And side projects, like assisting Master Tanis with his reclamation of this place.”

Vydraixenne chuckles again as she makes her way to the elevator at a leisurely pace. "Oh yeah, I remember them. I was never one for fighting, so I tried to get in. Didn't take me though." she sounds not at all sad or remorseful about it, barely bothered at all. Maybe a bit bothered by her very hazy memories of her own time aboard the Zariman. Yes, that was really all that got to her. And even that was in the past now.

He had deflected the topic, she noticed, and done so quite well. If he wanted her to stay calm, it probably was a good way to steer clear of topics that agitated her. Did she mind? After a bit of consideration she decided that no, not yet. If he led her down to the more interesting floors he mentioned, the topic would come back up again anyways.
"Side-project, hm?" He voice suddenly took a devious tone. "I don't think someone who calls himself 'Master' would like being called a side-project."

25 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

Vydraixenne chuckles again as she makes her way to the elevator at a leisurely pace. "Oh yeah, I remember them. I was never one for fighting, so I tried to get in. Didn't take me though." she sounds not at all sad or remorseful about it, barely bothered at all. Maybe a bit bothered by her very hazy memories of her own time aboard the Zariman. Yes, that was really all that got to her. And even that was in the past now.

He had deflected the topic, she noticed, and done so quite well. If he wanted her to stay calm, it probably was a good way to steer clear of topics that agitated her. Did she mind? After a bit of consideration she decided that no, not yet. If he led her down to the more interesting floors he mentioned, the topic would come back up again anyways.
"Side-project, hm?" He voice suddenly took a devious tone. "I don't think someone who calls himself 'Master' would like being called a side-project."

The Frost tilts his head playfully. 

“I won’t tell if you don’t.” He says. “Besides Master Tanis is well aware of where my priorities lie. Our... arrangement is not solely for his benefit. House Tanis also produces a line of reverse engineered tech for struggling colonies. Storage systems for food and medicine, cheap prosthetics, things like that. In exchange for the protection provided by me and my clan he provides us with a selection of resources to help our... shall we say less connected... allies.”

He gestures to the lift. 

“Would you like to see?” He asks. “Normanly the other levels are off limits, but as chief enforcer I can make an exception for such an inquisitive soul.”

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Frost tilts his head playfully. 

“I won’t tell if you don’t.” He says. “Besides Master Tanis is well aware of where my priorities lie. Our... arrangement is not solely for his benefit. House Tanis also produces a line of reverse engineered tech for struggling colonies. Storage systems for food and medicine, cheap prosthetics, things like that. In exchange for the protection provided by me and my clan he provides us with a selection of resources to help our... shall we say less connected... allies.”

He gestures to the lift. 

“Would you like to see?” He asks. “Normanly the other levels are off limits, but as chief enforcer I can make an exception for such an inquisitive soul.”

The Wisp seemed to enjoy the little banter around the ''secret'', and is not really suprised or disappointed by the fact that it's not actually a secret. If he hadn't mentioned that their prosthetics were 'cheap', she might've caught another interest there, but cheap wares wouldn't do for her, really. She had cheap stuffs before, and had been sick of the rattling after a week.

Now what does apparently seem to be at least somewhat secret are those lower levels, and Vydraixenne replies immediately with eagerness: "Of course I do! You know that I couldn't pass that offer for its exclusivity alone!" She thought it over a moment. "And you also know that I know, you're just being polite, aren't you?" She floated over to the lift following his gesture.

He nods and heads for the nearest cover and then opens fire onto the Butcher "Let's see how this gal chews, my bubble should keep us protected, well me, considering you can go in the Rift"

2 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius weakly looked around. A Limbo Cataclysm? Vampkitty and M.O.A. withdrew to his position. Taking out a Health Pack, Kacilius activated it when he heard the voice. "Who's there?" He spotted the Limbo. "Are you the one making this Cataclysm?" Kacilius asked before stumbling to the ground. "Ughhhh..."

“Yes.” The voice says. “My client asked me to intervene.”

A barrage of plasma bolts tears into the Butcher. The Manic makes another appearance only to fall to the ground as the Euphona barks again, a pool of crimson spreading out beneath it.”

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He nods and heads for the nearest cover and then opens fire onto the Butcher "Let's see how this gal chews, my bubble should keep us protected, well me, considering you can go in the Rift"

The bolts collide with the Butcher, shredding through his amor, creating injuries that are certainly lethal. A stray round strikes something in his hand, and the Rift collapses, freeing Anak.

Archived