Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)

Rakawan

On 2020-10-07 at 11:17 PM, (XB1)PolarisWren said:

She peers behind the drone, attempting to figure out the issue. Unsatisfied, she walks ahead of the drone look around.

Artisans are clearing up what appears to be the remains of the limbs of an Ayatan Scupture. As you float past a strange looking device whirls to point directly at you.

On 2020-10-05 at 10:32 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

He nods "Yes, as long as you have the 'lisau heisah as well we should be fine" He says "But yes, we should be fine, I don't recall Warframes being able to be infected by such, as for me tho?, ehh I am not sure, but I keep a cure incase"

“I’d rather not take my chances.” Lucien says. “Decontamination protocols are... unpleasant.”

Your comms chime and a message comes through on an unknown channel. It appears to be from Lucien. 

“Keep an eye on the Grineer.” He says. “I’m not a fan of them in general, and this one looks like she was about to bolt with what I am assuming are the Tenno’s weapons. She may be a threat. If she turns on us, my rift won’t protect you from her fire.”

23 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Nice to meet you, Lucien. Limbo is a very nice Warframe for sure, albeit complex."

"I guess we should. See if there's anything they have that's useful."

"Wonder what this piece of metal is." Kacilius walked over and picked it up. "Grineer script? Can't read this mess. Anak, can you help me translate this?" (Italics in quotes means mumbling about how Grineer Script looks like %$#@)

“That he is.” Lucien says. “Wrapping the rift around yourself is the easy part. Wrapping your mind around the rift on the other hand... well that requires some mental acrobatics.”

He kneels by the dead Manic. 

“The cocktail these guys inject into their bloodstream fetches a high price on the black market.” He says, removing a cylinder from underneath the masks on its back. “Unethical, perhaps, but platinum is platinum.”

He shakes the container. 

”Huh.” He mutters. “Dry as a bone. That can’t be right.”

19 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Morrison told me to bring back safety equipment, if I found any dead bodies." Anak began to stand up.  "I guess this isn't really 'finding'..."
She looked over at the corpses.  She's been about to make a deal with them.  Why did Tenno always shoot first and ask questions later, if at all?

This guy.  This f!!king guy.  She'd thought they were working together.  He had disappeared without telling her, attacked her when she found him, then gotten them into a fight with these two Grineer.  She'd gotten them out of the fight, then his kavat and moa had started it again.  Now he had the nerve to ask for a bit of help like an old friend.

Anak gave Kacilius a very dirty look as she took the metal piece.

She read it.  "'Save Them.'  There's a Kavor logo..." Kavor?  These guys?  They weren't exactly nice... but hey, we attacked us first. "...And there's nav coordinates.  Don't know where they go, I'm not a pilot."

Lucien looked up. 

“Kavor.” He says. “My clan helped a group of Kavor out in the Kuiper Belt a while back. That’s how we heard about this gig. Said one of their friends came here to find funds for genetic treatments. Odd that he’d attack unprovoked. Even ex-Kavor are usually more restrained.”

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Lucien looked up. 

“Kavor.” He says. “My clan helped a group of Kavor out in the Kuiper Belt a while back. That’s how we heard about this gig. Said one of their friends came here to find funds for genetic treatments. Odd that he’d attack unprovoked. Even ex-Kavor are usually more restrained.”

"He didn't attack unprovoked."  Anak pointed to Kacilius with her thumb.  "'Trigger-Happy' here attacked unprovoked."

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“I did not say trusted.” Ryoko says. “Within those sorts of social circles gifts may be a motivation, rather than a sign of friendship.”

He examines the Wisp. She does not seem familiar, but had obviously heard of House a Tanis. Her bearing indicated a more refined upbringing. There was a chance, however slim, that they might have known eachother before the Zarimman. If that was true, if she knew who he truly was, then her knowledge could become... problematic. What had started as idle conversation was very quickly becoming a battlefield. Well, he could adapt to that. It was the first lesson Abram had drilled into his head. Control the battlefield. 

“If she is curious, then I will give her answers.” He thinks. 

He emerges from his thoughts in time to catch her request. 

“Of course.” He says. “You may even touch the petals, if you would like. I trust that you will be careful.”

He shifts just slightly to the side, moving into the center of the path leading to the lift. 

“By now you may have gathered that i I’ve more than a passing connection to this House.” He says. “In truth, I was an admirer of Miriam Tanis from a young age. The first time I visited the Spire my parents had to drag me away from an Ayatan sculpture. They were convinced I was about to try to disassemble it.”

He laughs. 

“They were right, of course.” He says. “I though the Archimedean would be furious. But she was not. She showed my a blueprint, I was too young to understand the details, and explained how it functioned. That was the turning point. I threw myself into my studies. It became something of an obsession, a dreaM of working here alongside her.”

He sighs. 

“The Zarimman stole that dream from me.” He says. “This is my attempt to reclaim it.”

It wasn’t a lie. Not technically. He had just downplayed a few details.

Vydraixenne clapped her hands together happily when Ryoko granted her request, even let out a slight "Yay!", and hurried over between the trees, looking carefully to her left and right so that her weapons wouldn't hit any of the ancient statues - not that she really needed to look, she was familiar enough with her tools, but better safe than sorry. While he tells his tale, she gently felt the trunks with lightest fingertips, sensing inside it for the ancient void that resonated with her Tenno-being.

'Motivation' he had called it. It could've been a misdirection. But then again, gifting someone the tools they need to fulfill a work that she would not be able to complete herself was also a kind of 'motivation'. Was mincing words really necessary here? He didn't really tell her anything new, except that he had shown her that he saw it worth giving her a potential distraction - so her direction couldn't be completely wrong. Maybe his suggestion was better than her guess, maybe not, but he wouldn't have acted if just letting her run off in the wrong direction would've kept the secrets safe, right?

It was questionable how much she was even listening, enraptured in fascination, until Ryoko spoke his last words, which made her stop, and turn around to look at him from between the forest. Only now she noticed that he had moved, and where to. She chuckled a bit - he was such a clever man. Yet she felt that she still had a good hand if things turned for the worst.

"The void doesn't steal our dreams, Ryoko. It may just transform them." Her voice was soft now, a bit dreamy and passionate, and she did that weaving motion on the spot again with her body, like a trail of smoke waving in the wind. "Once you attain your Other Side, you are so much more than any human could ever be. You don't _have_ to use that power to fight, just because some people want you to do so. Some also want you to die, and you don't do them that favor either." Another chuckle. "What seperates you from... " she had almost said 'your Miriam'. Well hadn't that been a surefire way to ignite the situation one way or the other. "... Miriam and her secrets, are just the ages, and her mysterious fate."
She looked behind her before slowly and carefully gliding backwards, more into the forest, half obscured from vision. Her voice became more resolute, yet stayed passionate. "We can do something about at least one of those two things, no? And with a bit of skill, we might learn to shake the pesky rules of this reality altogether. We can go beyond mortal time and space."

1 hour ago, Owlrrex said:

Vydraixenne clapped her hands together happily when Ryoko granted her request, even let out a slight "Yay!", and hurried over between the trees, looking carefully to her left and right so that her weapons wouldn't hit any of the ancient statues - not that she really needed to look, she was familiar enough with her tools, but better safe than sorry. While he tells his tale, she gently felt the trunks with lightest fingertips, sensing inside it for the ancient void that resonated with her Tenno-being.

'Motivation' he had called it. It could've been a misdirection. But then again, gifting someone the tools they need to fulfill a work that she would not be able to complete herself was also a kind of 'motivation'. Was mincing words really necessary here? He didn't really tell her anything new, except that he had shown her that he saw it worth giving her a potential distraction - so her direction couldn't be completely wrong. Maybe his suggestion was better than her guess, maybe not, but he wouldn't have acted if just letting her run off in the wrong direction would've kept the secrets safe, right?

It was questionable how much she was even listening, enraptured in fascination, until Ryoko spoke his last words, which made her stop, and turn around to look at him from between the forest. Only now she noticed that he had moved, and where to. She chuckled a bit - he was such a clever man. Yet she felt that she still had a good hand if things turned for the worst.

"The void doesn't steal our dreams, Ryoko. It may just transform them." Her voice was soft now, a bit dreamy and passionate, and she did that weaving motion on the spot again with her body, like a trail of smoke waving in the wind. "Once you attain your Other Side, you are so much more than any human could ever be. You don't _have_ to use that power to fight, just because some people want you to do so. Some also want you to die, and you don't do them that favor either." Another chuckle. "What seperates you from... " she had almost said 'your Miriam'. Well hadn't that been a surefire way to ignite the situation one way or the other. "... Miriam and her secrets, are just the ages, and her mysterious fate."
She looked behind her before slowly and carefully gliding backwards, more into the forest, half obscured from vision. Her voice became more resolute, yet stayed passionate. "We can do something about at least one of those two things, no? And with a bit of skill, we might learn to shake the pesky rules of this reality altogether. We can go beyond mortal time and space."

“Some rules exist for a reason.” Ryoko says sternly. “Time and space are binding for a reason. I shudder to think of the horrors that would be unleashed if one were to broach that particular border. The incident with Parvos comes to mind.”

He seems to relax visibly. 

“But I would not mind walking these halls as I did in my younger years.” He says. “In fact... would you like to see a secret?”

He steps out of his Warframe. Although a Saita Prime hood and suit obscure his features, several things are immediately apparent. The first is his height and build. He appears to be older than most Tenno, and his movements lack the uncertainty of one who relies entirely on their frame. There is a tranquillity strength to his stride as he walks over, stopping just before the nearest tree, hand outstretched. His standing pose reminds you quite heavily of Teshin, and depictions of other Dax in Orokin artwork.  

Void power coalesces around him, held in place like a sheathed blade, ready to be used at a moment’s notice, and yet fully contained.

A Dakra Prime sits on his back. To those with enchanted void senses the blade feels ancient, and oddly at home within this tower. 

26 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Some rules exist for a reason.” Ryoko says sternly. “Time and space are binding for a reason. I shudder to think of the horrors that would be unleashed if one were to broach that particular border. The incident with Parvos comes to mind.”

He seems to relax visibly. 

“But I would not mind walking these halls as I did in my younger years.” He says. “In fact... would you like to see a secret?”

He steps out of his Warframe. Although a Saita Prime hood and suit obscure his features, several things are immediately apparent. The first is his height and build. He appears to be older than most Tenno, and his movements lack the uncertainty of one who relies entirely on their frame. There is a tranquillity strength to his stride as he walks over, stopping just before the nearest tree, hand outstretched. His standing pose reminds you quite heavily of Teshin, and depictions of other Dax in Orokin artwork.  

Void power coalesces around him, held in place like a sheathed blade, ready to be used at a moment’s notice, and yet fully contained.

A Dakra Prime sits on his back. To those with enchanted void senses the blade feels ancient, and oddly at home within this tower. 

The wisp laughs to herself, but it reverberates around the room enough to reach Ryoko. "Rules of this world. Others aren't as limited." she dismisses his concern lightly. "And any tool can be misused - a broken statue does not make Ayatans evil, no?" She is more excited now, hovering around more vividly, popping up left and right of some trees while she speaks and listens.

"I think I'd like that secret, yes." she admits secretively, coming a bit closer, but well out of striking range. For the sake of both of them. She lets him transfer out, and summon his energy while she watches, half hidden from him behind one statue, her hands resting on its trunk.

"That's not it, is it?" she asks, with disappointment slowly fading into her voice.

8 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

The wisp laughs to herself, but it reverberates around the room enough to reach Ryoko. "Rules of this world. Others aren't as limited." she dismisses his concern lightly. "And any tool can be misused - a broken statue does not make Ayatans evil, no?" She is more excited now, hovering around more vividly, popping up left and right of some trees while she speaks and listens.

"I think I'd like that secret, yes." she admits secretively, coming a bit closer, but well out of striking range. For the sake of both of them. She lets him transfer out, and summon his energy while she watches, half hidden from him behind one statue, her hands resting on its trunk.

"That's not it, is it?" she asks, with disappointment slowly fading into her voice.

“I’m almost disappointed you have to ask.” He says. “Although given how many of our brethren have neglected their physical forms in favor of letting the Warframes do all the work I cannot fault you for the assumption.”

He stretches his hand out a little further, you are clearly meant to take it, and given that he stands before in his true form, likely in the same state. 

“No.” He says. “But given your comment on the our ability to break certain rules, there is a trick I believe you might find interesting.”

He stands there patiently, betraying no sense of urgency. 

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“I’m almost disappointed you have to ask.” He says. “Although given how many of our brethren have neglected their physical forms in favor of letting the Warframes do all the work I cannot fault you for the assumption.”

He stretches his hand out a little further, you are clearly meant to take it, and given that he stands before in his true form, likely in the same state. 

“No.” He says. “But given your comment on the our ability to break certain rules, there is a trick I believe you might find interesting.”

He stands there patiently, betraying no sense of urgency.

Vydraixenne breathed a visible sigh of relief, then finally understood his invitation and started coming closer out of the forest. It felt really homely her, she had to admit, and she didn't like doing it for that reason alone, even if there wasn't a noticable tension between them.
"Sorryyy, I didn't want to insult you. I mean, the summoning was already impressive, I'm just usually not impressed by power alone."

When she reached him, she looked at him (probably down a bit, due to her frame's size and she was hovering?), and sighed again, more sad this time. "I have to, don't I?"
This time she didn't await a reply, and stepped out of her frame herself. Yes, stepped. With actual feet - except no, they're not actual. Two prosthetics attach to her shins, of somewhat-better make and common brand, but very well kept. Aside from that, she wore a standard transference suit in colors matching her warframe. She had the body tone of an active dancer, and was gifted with a build well suited to that as well.
"Well, I suppose I'll let you take me on a magical journey, then." she says with a very emotion-laden voice: Excitement about the secrets, discomfort about being out of her warframe, and in a situation like this, unrest about being quite at his mercy here. She tried to offset it all with a bit of a teasing tone, but didn't manage all too well.
Then she took his hand and, if no immediate effect occured that caught her attention, looked around at the statues.

On 2020-10-08 at 1:44 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Morrison told me to bring back safety equipment, if I found any dead bodies." Anak began to stand up.  "I guess this isn't really 'finding'..."
She looked over at the corpses.  She's been about to make a deal with them.  Why did Tenno always shoot first and ask questions later, if at all?

This guy.  This f!!king guy.  She'd thought they were working together.  He had disappeared without telling her, attacked her when she found him, then gotten them into a fight with these two Grineer.  She'd gotten them out of the fight, then his kavat and moa had started it again.  Now he had the nerve to ask for a bit of help like an old friend.

Anak gave Kacilius a very dirty look as she took the metal piece.

She read it.  "'Save Them.'  There's a Kavor logo..." Kavor?  These guys?  They weren't exactly nice... but hey, we attacked us first. "...And there's nav coordinates.  Don't know where they go, I'm not a pilot."

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Lucien looked up. 

9 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"He didn't attack unprovoked."  Anak pointed to Kacilius with her thumb.  "'Trigger-Happy' here attacked unprovoked."

"Kavor? Why would they be here?" Kacilius asked. Kavor here, with weapons, when what they usually wanted was to live peaceful lives? He fiddled his fingers. What were they doin g here? Why did the Butcher have that piece of metal? Did Kacilius kill innocents, or was there something far more sinister going on? He grabbed his head. There were too many questions, and no answers. "I will say that me attacking them was wrong, but I can't think straight right now. I need to head back and take a break." He turned to Anak. "Can I get my weapons back? I'll give you 60% of what I get for finding this." He shook his head. "I hate being confused. This piece of metal isn't helping either."

On 2020-10-09 at 11:43 PM, Rakawan said:

Artisans are clearing up what appears to be the remains of the limbs of an Ayatan Scupture. As you float past a strange looking device whirls to point directly at you.

"...Hello?" she looks at it, rather confused her vulpaphyla remains close, but avoids getting too near.

On 2020-10-09 at 4:07 PM, Owlrrex said:

Vydraixenne breathed a visible sigh of relief, then finally understood his invitation and started coming closer out of the forest. It felt really homely her, she had to admit, and she didn't like doing it for that reason alone, even if there wasn't a noticable tension between them.
"Sorryyy, I didn't want to insult you. I mean, the summoning was already impressive, I'm just usually not impressed by power alone."

When she reached him, she looked at him (probably down a bit, due to her frame's size and she was hovering?), and sighed again, more sad this time. "I have to, don't I?"
This time she didn't await a reply, and stepped out of her frame herself. Yes, stepped. With actual feet - except no, they're not actual. Two prosthetics attach to her shins, of somewhat-better make and common brand, but very well kept. Aside from that, she wore a standard transference suit in colors matching her warframe. She had the body tone of an active dancer, and was gifted with a build well suited to that as well.
"Well, I suppose I'll let you take me on a magical journey, then." she says with a very emotion-laden voice: Excitement about the secrets, discomfort about being out of her warframe, and in a situation like this, unrest about being quite at his mercy here. She tried to offset it all with a bit of a teasing tone, but didn't manage all too well.
Then she took his hand and, if no immediate effect occured that caught her attention, looked around at the statues.

The unease is not lost on Ryoko. 

“So.” He thinks. “Reliant on the frame to do most of the fighting. If it comes to it I can certainly exploit that. Hopefully it will not.” 

“Some claim the Ayatan Stars contain the memories of Orokin Ancestors.” He says. “What most people do not know is that the sculptures have memories of their own. Normally these would be inaccessible without the matching star.”

He glances at her. 

“However we are not bound by the same rules as others, are we?” He asks, raising his hand. “Whatever happens, don’t let go.”

The amp on his wrist retracts, and a beam of raw void energy surges from his palm to strike one of the empty sockets above you. 

The world seems to bleed away. 

You find yourself in the forest, but something is different. It takes a moment to realize what. The branches, petals, and flowers are all moving. The forest is alive with motion and sound, a soft drifting melody emanating from every plant. A quick glance reveals that the forest seems to stretch on forever, the curving paths artfully disguised. 

Strings of light hang from the branches of each tree, and little dewdrops of light shimmer on every open flower. 

The Arbiter is standing beside you, one hand raised, the other holding yours but he seems almost ethereal, as if not entirely there. Not does he seem to react to the change, remaining frozen in place.

16 hours ago, (XB1)PolarisWren said:

"...Hello?" she looks at it, rather confused her vulpaphyla remains close, but avoids getting too near.

“Hello.” One of the Artisans next to it says. “I see you are interested in our work.”

He gestures to the device.

“Remarkable, isn’t it?” He asks. “Until now we have not had any evidence of transdimensional convergence. But now, thanks to this device, we can actually track various ‘anchors’ like yourself, as they warp the very fabric of reality.” 

The other artisan by the artifact simply rolls his eyes, his hands busy holding a bloody cloth to his forehead. Whatever wound he has suffered has clearly not dulled his annoyance with his coworker.

On 2020-10-09 at 9:25 AM, UnremarkableUsername said:

Lucien turns to look at Kacilius. 

“Fortunately for you I am not your commanding officer, or I would be giving you a very stern ‘chewing out’ regarding proper trigger control.” He says. “Unfortunately I am also contracted to defend this fine gentlemen”. 

He gestures to Zaeed. 

“So if you get trigger happy and some of those rounds happen to find their way into the vicinity of me or my client I will proceed to hunt you down and teach you the error of your ways.” He says. “Do we understand eachother?”

On 2020-10-09 at 6:56 PM, EpicdudeX said:

"Kavor? Why would they be here?" Kacilius asked. Kavor here, with weapons, when what they usually wanted was to live peaceful lives? He fiddled his fingers. What were they doin g here? Why did the Butcher have that piece of metal? Did Kacilius kill innocents, or was there something far more sinister going on? He grabbed his head. There were too many questions, and no answers. "I will say that me attacking them was wrong, but I can't think straight right now. I need to head back and take a break." He turned to Anak. "Can I get my weapons back? I'll give you 60% of what I get for finding this." He shook his head. "I hate being confused. This piece of metal isn't helping either."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The unease is not lost on Ryoko. 

“So.” He thinks. “Reliant on the frame to do most of the fighting. If it comes to it I can certainly exploit that. Hopefully it will not.” 

“Some claim the Ayatan Stars contain the memories of Orokin Ancestors.” He says. “What most people do not know is that the sculptures have memories of their own. Normally these would be inaccessible without the matching star.”

He glances at her. 

“However we are not bound by the same rules as others, are we?” He asks, raising his hand. “Whatever happens, don’t let go.”

The amp on his wrist retracts, and a beam of raw void energy surges from his palm to strike one of the empty sockets above you. 

The world seems to bleed away. 

You find yourself in the forest, but something is different. It takes a moment to realize what. The branches, petals, and flowers are all moving. The forest is alive with motion and sound, a soft drifting melody emanating from every plant. A quick glance reveals that the forest seems to stretch on forever, the curving paths artfully disguised. 

Strings of light hang from the branches of each tree, and little dewdrops of light shimmer on every open flower. 

The Arbiter is standing beside you, one hand raised, the other holding yours but he seems almost ethereal, as if not entirely there. Not does he seem to react to the change, remaining frozen in place.

Still holding his hand, Vydraixenne looked up to Ryoko now while he talked. "You do share their love for the dramatic." she commented, with neither positive nor negative inflection. "And no, we're not." That made her smile. Yes, he probably only said that to entice her further. But it worked, can't deny that.

At his insistence to not let go she simply squeezed his hand affirmatively, but without fear. Void-things scared her little. She respected them, but she didn't feel as enstranged by it as others did, and so the fear of the unknown was less of a factor for her.

Her first thought was that, were she to try to strike one of the statues with her void beam, it probably wouldn't work. Be it his relation to the house, or having just the right amp configuration, there was sure plenty of specifics to the key for this puzzle.
Her second, and more lingering thought was that she very well agreed with the Frost-user: It was a shame that the forest was not working anymore.

She looked down herself, expecting to find her body just as ethereal as his in this ancient memory world. She looked around for the reason this memory was created - her theory that the forest was just a symbol, or maybe puzzle, that kept a larger secret hidden, was confirmed in her eyes.
"You're right, it was beautiful." she says, looking around so much that she pulled at his arm slightly by turning around in every direction.

1 hour ago, Owlrrex said:

Still holding his hand, Vydraixenne looked up to Ryoko now while he talked. "You do share their love for the dramatic." she commented, with neither positive nor negative inflection. "And no, we're not." That made her smile. Yes, he probably only said that to entice her further. But it worked, can't deny that.

At his insistence to not let go she simply squeezed his hand affirmatively, but without fear. Void-things scared her little. She respected them, but she didn't feel as enstranged by it as others did, and so the fear of the unknown was less of a factor for her.

Her first thought was that, were she to try to strike one of the statues with her void beam, it probably wouldn't work. Be it his relation to the house, or having just the right amp configuration, there was sure plenty of specifics to the key for this puzzle.
Her second, and more lingering thought was that she very well agreed with the Frost-user: It was a shame that the forest was not working anymore.

She looked down herself, expecting to find her body just as ethereal as his in this ancient memory world. She looked around for the reason this memory was created - her theory that the forest was just a symbol, or maybe puzzle, that kept a larger secret hidden, was confirmed in her eyes.
"You're right, it was beautiful." she says, looking around so much that she pulled at his arm slightly by turning around in every direction.

Your form appears slightly more solid. If not for his warning not to let go it almost seems as though you could walk through the memory. 

A pair of figures turn the corner, a woman and a young girl both clad in Archimedean robes. 

“Your brothers put you up to this didn’t they.” The woman says. 

“We aren’t children anymore, mother.” The girl says. “The time has come for us to spread our wings and make a mark on history.” 

“And when you fly too close to the sun?” The woman asks, idly. 

The girl laughs. 

“Are you suggesting we are are as dim witted as Icarus, mother?” The girl asks. “Come now, you taught us better than that.”

The woman smiles. 

“Very well.” She says. “You may make your case.”

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Your form appears slightly more solid. If not for his warning not to let go it almost seems as though you could walk through the memory. 

A pair of figures turn the corner, a woman and a young girl both clad in Archimedean robes. 

“Your brothers put you up to this didn’t they.” The woman says. 

“We aren’t children anymore, mother.” The girl says. “The time has come for us to spread our wings and make a mark on history.” 

“And when you fly too close to the sun?” The woman asks, idly. 

The girl laughs. 

“Are you suggesting we are are as dim witted as Icarus, mother?” The girl asks. “Come now, you taught us better than that.”

The woman smiles. 

“Very well.” She says. “You may make your case.”

The memory reminded Vydraixenne a bit of the visions one sometimes saw in the Void - those fickle mirages that easily led the mind astray to never return to where it belongs. Just not as chaotic, more tamed. That might be how these things were created, she mused, while listening to the family's talk. She knew that it was important, it wouldn't be in this memory otherwise, but with this little context, there it was hard to know what to focus on. It could be Miriam's childhood, a memory that guided her through life. Or she could be the mother.

Vydraixenne still looked around once the mother had talked last, expecting either someone else to appear, or the scene to shift to another notable location, as it sometimes did in dreams. Just going by her gut-feeling, she couldn't have named any reason for why she thought those things might happen, but that rarely stopped her.

16 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

The memory reminded Vydraixenne a bit of the visions one sometimes saw in the Void - those fickle mirages that easily led the mind astray to never return to where it belongs. Just not as chaotic, more tamed. That might be how these things were created, she mused, while listening to the family's talk. She knew that it was important, it wouldn't be in this memory otherwise, but with this little context, there it was hard to know what to focus on. It could be Miriam's childhood, a memory that guided her through life. Or she could be the mother.

Vydraixenne still looked around once the mother had talked last, expecting either someone else to appear, or the scene to shift to another notable location, as it sometimes did in dreams. Just going by her gut-feeling, she couldn't have named any reason for why she thought those things might happen, but that rarely stopped her.

The memory seems to freeze. 

The world seems to narrow, your vision forced upwards towards the branches of the nearest tree. 

You can see yourself perched there, staring down with bronze eyes and a smile that chills your blood. The Indifference. 

Your doppelgänger points to something behind the tree. However even stretching your arm as far as you can, you still cannot see it. Letting go of the Arbiter’s hand would allow you the freedom to investigate, but that may be what the Indifference wants. 

24 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The memory seems to freeze. 

The world seems to narrow, your vision forced upwards towards the branches of the nearest tree. 

You can see yourself perched there, staring down with bronze eyes and a smile that chills your blood. The Indifference. 

Your doppelgänger points to something behind the tree. However even stretching your arm as far as you can, you still cannot see it. Letting go of the Arbiter’s hand would allow you the freedom to investigate, but that may be what the Indifference wants. 

Even someone who dabbled in the void alot, like Vydraixenne, would not find herself unstartled by the way the Indifference blinked in and out of the senses at a whim. But at least she knew what to expect from it, more or less. So while she jerked a bit upon seeing it here, unexpected as always, she was neither afraid nor felt threatened by it.

Its direction to disregard her instructions that Ryoko gave are something she carefully thinks over. She tugs his arm, expecting him to still be frozen to her, but better safe than sorry. She wonders if he sees the memory just as she does. What were the consequences of letting go of him? Maybe she'd just fall out of the memory he triggered - that would be a pretty useless result for both the Indifference and herself, unless the Indifference wanted her to NOT see what the memory would show. Which would be unusual to the nature that Vydraixenne had experienced from it so far. Other outcomes were less instant, less short-term and potentially less pleasant - and more likely to benefit a being of the Void.

After her decision was made, she smiled back at it, like smiling at and acquaintance that she didn't dislike, but also didn't consider a close friend. "Hey, you." she greeted. She had contemplated calling it "Kiddo" too, just to see what would happen. She'd never followed up on it.
"Can't you come back later? I'm kind of in the middle of something."

On 2020-10-09 at 6:56 PM, EpicdudeX said:

Anak began to stand up, slowly and carefully so as not to seem threatening.  "We should go back to base," she said.  "This is not a place for solving puzzles."
She stood up fully, and kicked at Kacilius's guns on the ground.  "You can have these," --she glanced toward Lucien and Zaeed-- "I'll probably get shot if I don't let you have them.  You Tenno, you don't have to worry about getting in fights, but me?" She tapped her armor near the hole in her shoulder, and glanced meaningfully toward the two corpses.

39 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

Even someone who dabbled in the void alot, like Vydraixenne, would not find herself unstartled by the way the Indifference blinked in and out of the senses at a whim. But at least she knew what to expect from it, more or less. So while she jerked a bit upon seeing it here, unexpected as always, she was neither afraid nor felt threatened by it.

Its direction to disregard her instructions that Ryoko gave are something she carefully thinks over. She tugs his arm, expecting him to still be frozen to her, but better safe than sorry. She wonders if he sees the memory just as she does. What were the consequences of letting go of him? Maybe she'd just fall out of the memory he triggered - that would be a pretty useless result for both the Indifference and herself, unless the Indifference wanted her to NOT see what the memory would show. Which would be unusual to the nature that Vydraixenne had experienced from it so far. Other outcomes were less instant, less short-term and potentially less pleasant - and more likely to benefit a being of the Void.

After her decision was made, she smiled back at it, like smiling at and acquaintance that she didn't dislike, but also didn't consider a close friend. "Hey, you." she greeted. She had contemplated calling it "Kiddo" too, just to see what would happen. She'd never followed up on it.
"Can't you come back later? I'm kind of in the middle of something."

Ryoko seems to twitch just slightly. As he can feel void energy coiling around him, the raw eldritch power of the Indifference fighting against his aura.

It appears the Indifference is trying to buy you time, though for what is still unknown.

Your tug causes your hand to slide partially out of his grasp. There is no adverse reaction from the memory.

The Indifference rolls its eyes and points even more urgently towards whatever is behind the tree. It seems to be growing impatient.

Ryoko’s fingers begin to twitch.

48 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Ryoko seems to twitch just slightly. As he can feel void energy coiling around him, the raw eldritch power of the Indifference fighting against his aura.

It appears the Indifference is trying to buy you time, though for what is still unknown.

Your tug causes your hand to slide partially out of his grasp. There is no adverse reaction from the memory.

The Indifference rolls its eyes and points even more urgently towards whatever is behind the tree. It seems to be growing impatient.

Ryoko’s fingers begin to twitch.

Vydraixenne was suprised how easily Ryoko's grip would've yielded had she really tried - she almost had unknowingly made her considerations quite unnecessary, had she pulled a bit harder.
A few new ideas came to her mind, the way she felt the void flowing around her, treating her and Ryoko very differently. Theories that she liked, that changed her perspective. This was a powerful gathering of Void energy, dormant in all those statues, and she didn't know how many of them were contributing to this memory. Enough to catch the Indifference's attention. But was it enough to risk a full traversal into the Void, and losing herself there? She doubted it.
She first of all made sure that she had memorized where they now stood, and which tree he had used to trigger the Void vision. Then she looked at the Indifference. "But only this once. You know that I don't trust you." As she said it, she noticed how the very same would've been true when spoken to Ryoko. That made her decision feel even more 'right'.

Then she carefully pulled her hand out of Ryoko's grasp, and walked over to where the Indifference pointed. Even though it was probably able to appear wherever it wanted, she tried to avoid its direct vicininty, and not walk right below where it was perched.

20 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

Vydraixenne was suprised how easily Ryoko's grip would've yielded had she really tried - she almost had unknowingly made her considerations quite unnecessary, had she pulled a bit harder.
A few new ideas came to her mind, the way she felt the void flowing around her, treating her and Ryoko very differently. Theories that she liked, that changed her perspective. This was a powerful gathering of Void energy, dormant in all those statues, and she didn't know how many of them were contributing to this memory. Enough to catch the Indifference's attention. But was it enough to risk a full traversal into the Void, and losing herself there? She doubted it.
She first of all made sure that she had memorized where they now stood, and which tree he had used to trigger the Void vision. Then she looked at the Indifference. "But only this once. You know that I don't trust you." As she said it, she noticed how the very same would've been true when spoken to Ryoko. That made her decision feel even more 'right'.

Then she carefully pulled her hand out of Ryoko's grasp, and walked over to where the Indifference pointed. Even though it was probably able to appear wherever it wanted, she tried to avoid its direct vicininty, and not walk right below where it was perched.

You can see two young boys, about the same age as the girl in the vision hiding behind the tree. Both are clad in Saita Prime suits. The one closest to you has a sheathed pair of Fang Prime daggers on his hip. The other wears a Dakra Prime across his back. Their features are similar, not only to eachother, but to the girl who was talking in the vision. Siblings perhaps. 

The Indifference hops down and reaches out to to touch the one with the sword. 

You hear something shatter. A beam of concentrated void energy lances through the air. The Indifference leaps back, barely avoiding it, and gives a cheeky bow before vanishing. 

“I told you not to let go.” Ryoko says. He is standing where he was, his amp extended and smoking. He sounds more concerned than angry. What is disconcerting is that you cannot sense your frame’s presence. 

Void energy gathers in his palm. 

“Hold on.” He says. “I’ll get you out of there.” 

He crouched and slams his palm against the floor. The vision shatters in an instant beneath the torrent of power. 

Your connection with your frame snaps back into place. The power swirling through the room coalesces back around the Arbiter, contained and coiled once more. 

“Are you okay?” He asks, taking a step towards you.

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You can see two young boys, about the same age as the girl in the vision hiding behind the tree. Both are clad in Saita Prime suits. The one closest to you has a sheathed pair of Fang Prime daggers on his hip. The other wears a Dakra Prime across his back. Their features are similar, not only to eachother, but to the girl who was talking in the vision. Siblings perhaps. 

The Indifference hops down and reaches out to to touch the one with the sword. 

You hear something shatter. A beam of concentrated void energy lances through the air. The Indifference leaps back, barely avoiding it, and gives a cheeky bow before vanishing. 

“I told you not to let go.” Ryoko says. He is standing where he was, his amp extended and smoking. He sounds more concerned than angry. What is disconcerting is that you cannot sense your frame’s presence. 

Void energy gathers in his palm. 

“Hold on.” He says. “I’ll get you out of there.” 

He crouched and slams his palm against the floor. The vision shatters in an instant beneath the torrent of power. 

Your connection with your frame snaps back into place. The power swirling through the room coalesces back around the Arbiter, contained and coiled once more. 

“Are you okay?” He asks, taking a step towards you.

After hearing what the mother had said, it didn't take the physical similarity between the kids to add that these mischevious little brothers were checking out on how her sister did at convincing their mother of... whatever it was. The Dakra was certainly more interesting. Much more.

Vydraixenne also took a step back as the Amp beam lashed out, even if it didn't come as close to hitting her. Despite Ryoko's tone, she considered escaping into the forest for a moment. He was a person with a good amount of self-control, he had admitted to that. So him not showing anger meant nothing.
Him showing action, however was something else. And she felt that she was in a somewhat-safe distance, at least for the seconds that it took Ryoko to make good on his words.

The Tenno's brow was wrinkled in rapid thought as they were translated back into the material plane. With a somewhat stilted walk that she didn't have before, as if her feet were less comfortable to her now than before, she took a few steps towards her frame, keeping her eyes on Ryoko.
"I'm normally quite good at shifting away from its pull. But the Memory flowed differently around you... that's why I shifted away accidentally." she explained the lie she had thought while he had broken them out. The shake in her voice wasn't fake. It only disappeared once she laid hand on her frame - not transfering back straight away to not threaten Ryoko. She couldn't afford that right now.
"I'm fine. I've had worse encounters." At least when she factored in how quickly Ryoko had regained control of the Memory, and released it, that wasn't a lie.

12 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

After hearing what the mother had said, it didn't take the physical similarity between the kids to add that these mischevious little brothers were checking out on how her sister did at convincing their mother of... whatever it was. The Dakra was certainly more interesting. Much more.

Vydraixenne also took a step back as the Amp beam lashed out, even if it didn't come as close to hitting her. Despite Ryoko's tone, she considered escaping into the forest for a moment. He was a person with a good amount of self-control, he had admitted to that. So him not showing anger meant nothing.
Him showing action, however was something else. And she felt that she was in a somewhat-safe distance, at least for the seconds that it took Ryoko to make good on his words.

The Tenno's brow was wrinkled in rapid thought as they were translated back into the material plane. With a somewhat stilted walk that she didn't have before, as if her feet were less comfortable to her now than before, she took a few steps towards her frame, keeping her eyes on Ryoko.
"I'm normally quite good at shifting away from its pull. But the Memory flowed differently around you... that's why I shifted away accidentally." she explained the lie she had thought while he had broken them out. The shake in her voice wasn't fake. It only disappeared once she laid hand on her frame - not transfering back straight away to not threaten Ryoko. She couldn't afford that right now.
"I'm fine. I've had worse encounters." At least when she factored in how quickly Ryoko had regained control of the Memory, and released it, that wasn't a lie.

He stops a distance from you, sensing your hesitation.

“That was not the memory I intended to show you.” He says. “I cannot fathom why the Indifference would interferes. Unless you saw something that would make sense of this?”

His tone is casual, almost causal enough to hide the note of concern. 

His aura curls around him like a snake. In addition to the Dakra Prime on his back, you can also see an ornate holster at his side, containing the visible handle of a Vasto Prime.

Ryoko watched her carefully. He needed to know how much she had learned. The wrong memory could ruin everything.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

He stops a distance from you, sensing your hesitation.

“That was not the memory I intended to show you.” He says. “I cannot fathom why the Indifference would interferes. Unless you saw something that would make sense of this?”

His tone is casual, almost causal enough to hide the note of concern. 

His aura curls around him like a snake. In addition to the Dakra Prime on his back, you can also see an ornate holster at his side, containing the visible handle of a Vasto Prime.

Ryoko watched her carefully. He needed to know how much she had learned. The wrong memory could ruin everything.

Vydraixenne managed to chuckle. "Does anyone know why the Indifference does anything? I maybe more familiar with what lies beyond this plane than most, but that secret I haven't solved yet!" she answered, wholly truthfully, and added on:
"And I don't think the memory played out fully... it seemed somewhat insignificant, compared to this place and its history." she gestured around. "Maybe if we had had a chance to view more. But we didn't." Her voice was not accusatory. He and the House had kept these secrets for ages. how could she fault them for just... keeping to do that? And that was assuming that his reason for breaking off the memory had not been genuine concern. Which it might just've been.

She turned her head towards him, squinting slightly. "Do you intend to try again?" she asked warily.

Archived