Jump to content

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Lucien nods. 

“Great idea boss.” He says sarcastically. “Just one problem. As I am not clairvoyant, I’m afraid it’s up to you to determine which path is the least hostile.”

He inclines his head and the lights on one side of his helmet blink off and then back on, almost like a wink.

 

He chuckles "Eh, can't blame me for wondering tho, who knows what Warframes can do" <He looks at his options of way to go, he uses his MOA to scan each possible path there is or chuold be> "One momont"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

”Trevor.” Seven days. “Our friend requires medical attention.”

A young man, in the robes of a medic, approach Aes hesitantly. The sleeve if the robes seems to hang looser around his left arm, and as he opens the kit, he seems to favor his right. 

Anak began to unstrap the front plates of her armor.
"I got shot," she explained.  "In the left shoulder, on the front.  I cauterized it, and someone stuck a health pack on it.  The bullet is still in there."

The health pack came away with the armor, revealing a charred hole with a stream of dried blood running from it.  Under the armor was a stretchy, black, skin-tight layer, similar to a wetsuit.  This was a standard part of Grineer uniform, intended to prevent chafing, and draw sweat away from the body.  Evidently, arson eximus got a special heat-resistant underlayer, as it had not melted around the wound.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak began to unstrap the front plates of her armor.
"I got shot," she explained.  "In the left shoulder, on the front.  I cauterized it, and someone stuck a health pack on it.  The bullet is still in there."

The health pack came away with the armor, revealing a charred hole with a stream of dried blood running from it.  Under the armor was a stretchy, black, skin-tight layer, similar to a wetsuit.  This was a standard part of Grineer uniform, intended to prevent chafing, and draw sweat away from the body.  Evidently, arson eximus got a special heat-resistant underlayer, as it had not melted around the wound.

“Any idea what weapon it was?” Trevor asks, pulling out a small scalpel and an interesting looking tool of corpus make. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

A drone floats through the doors. 

”Welcome traveler.” A voice says. “I am Cephalon Idri, I will be your guide. May I ask the nature of your business here?”

The Nullifiers do not react as if they have noticed the weaponry. 

The Garuda paused once more at the drone's approach, but visibly relaxed at the friendly greeting. By way of response, she placed her hands together and bowed a greeting of her own.

"Greetings, Cephalon Idri." The frame's voice was husky, with an odd reverberation to it. "Cephalon,"she repeated, testing the word. "Like Loid, yes?" She cocked her head, stalking round the drone, inspecting it with apparent interest. "I am known as the Crimson Valkyrie. Crimson will do. I presume you received my message, then? I... seek answers regarding my past that may be found here." She opened a palm and projected a holo-display; how light could look gooey was anybody's guess. "I forgot to attach my companion's certification: the Entrati believe him safe if muzzled. My ship is not in the best state." She looked back as another piece of her ship's exterior dropped onto the pad with a thunk. "I could also use earning some credits. Sorry for the mess."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“Any idea what weapon it was?” Trevor asks, pulling out a small scalpel and an interesting looking tool of corpus make.

"It was a pistol with a big circular magazine.  Not sure what it's called."
Anak winced as the bullet was pulled out.
"How much am I supposed to pay you for medical treatment?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2020-11-09 at 8:56 AM, Rakawan said:

“My injury is insignificant compared to the pain I feel from listening to this imbecile feed you such unscientific drivel.” He snaps. “As if a chaotic force like the Void could serve as any sort of anchor, much less one capable of forcing the convergence of entire timelines. The device is clearly broken!”

She contemplates it, then turns to the construct again. "Although, it did indicate me as I approached, it could be functioning to some degree."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-11-16 at 12:08 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

He chuckles "Eh, can't blame me for wondering tho, who knows what Warframes can do" <He looks at his options of way to go, he uses his MOA to scan each possible path there is or chuold be> "One momont"

All three paths return little of note.

However as the scan ends you hear a long haunting note from the middle tunnel. Those who have visited the Plains of Eidolon would recognize the cry of a Vomvalyst.


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-11-09 at 5:27 PM, Owlrrex said:

Vydraixenne is delighted that Ryoko played along with her joke - less because it told her quite a bit about his relation to the Matron, and more because it saved her a reprimanding. In this good mood, and for the lack of any form of reason to keep the Matron from her duties to care for the child, she doesn't obstruct the woman. It's not like she'd want to play chicken with the kid herself, she felt much more comfortable letting the Matron do that.

Did she mind not saying goodbye to the Matron? She could've called it after her. That would caues her to turn, and see the boy. She found herself indifferent to either human's fate, and so chose the option that would cause the least friction with Ryoko: With only a ghostly 'whish'-sound, she set out in motion, to glide after the boy, and only look back for Ryoko once she had reached it.

The lift lowers you down three levels. The shielding distorts the view, but you can see a tall, strangely humanoid, figure being worked in by shadowy shapes. It almost looks like a necramech. 

The lift deposits you in another circular room. The entrances leading to the outer rooms on this level are, interestingly enough, equipped with a complex looking airlock system. Decontamination symbols are present in each.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-11-16 at 3:44 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

"It was a pistol with a big circular magazine.  Not sure what it's called."
Anak winced as the bullet was pulled out.
"How much am I supposed to pay you for medical treatment?"

“No charge.” Trevor said. “I didn’t take the job to get rich.”

He drops the bullet in a small glass jar and sprays a strange gel onto the wound. Your skin tingles as the wound begins to pull itself closed.

“At least it was not an energy weapon.” Trevor says. “Everyone seems to think lasers and plasma weapons will cauterize the wound, which they would except for the fact that the heat tends to cause veins to rupture.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-11-16 at 8:59 AM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius carefully pried the cover off. "Let's see...  I don't know if you're playing dead or if you actually fainted, but as a precaution, I'm going to Rest you." He quickly scanned the augment to slightly stall time, in case the Solaris was faking being unconscious. "If you're actually out, I'm still going to Rest you now and start working on your augment's repairs." He turned and waved at the Solaris. "Does any one of you have a portable toolbox?"

The young woman who laughed at the occurrence slides off her chair and makes her way over, pulling a toolkit out of a digital storage unit on her hip. 

“Looks like the neural translator is fried again.” She said. “He can talk, but he won’t be moving around for a while. I can replace it, but I’ll need a spare from the prosthetics labs.”

She stands up. 

”You look pretty strong.” She said. “Think you could carry him?”
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-16 at 12:49 AM, (XBOX)PolarisWren said:

She contemplates it, then turns to the construct again. "Although, it did indicate me as I approached, it could be functioning to some degree."

“Well, yes.” The injured Artisan said. “Just like a broken clock is function to some degree, twice a day.”

The other Artisan waves away his words. 

“I must ask, Tenno.” He said. “Have you been at the center of any world shaping event recently? Things that might have changed the timeline?”
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-11-16 at 2:53 PM, Cyba_Zero said:

The Garuda paused once more at the drone's approach, but visibly relaxed at the friendly greeting. By way of response, she placed her hands together and bowed a greeting of her own.

"Greetings, Cephalon Idri." The frame's voice was husky, with an odd reverberation to it. "Cephalon,"she repeated, testing the word. "Like Loid, yes?" She cocked her head, stalking round the drone, inspecting it with apparent interest. "I am known as the Crimson Valkyrie. Crimson will do. I presume you received my message, then? I... seek answers regarding my past that may be found here." She opened a palm and projected a holo-display; how light could look gooey was anybody's guess. "I forgot to attach my companion's certification: the Entrati believe him safe if muzzled. My ship is not in the best state." She looked back as another piece of her ship's exterior dropped onto the pad with a thunk. "I could also use earning some credits. Sorry for the mess."

“If you are referring to the Cephalon currently assisting the Entrati, then I believe you meant to say Otak.” Idri says. “Loid  is... we’ll none of use are really sure what he is. The Entrati were not very... forthright with their methods.”

The drone rotates to follow your movements.

”I have received three thousand, four hundred, and twenty one messages within the last hour.” Idri says proudly. “All have been processed, allocated To the proper personnel, and deleted from my memory as per protocol.”

She glances at the ship. 

“We do have an artisan who specializes in vehicles.” She says. “I could contact him, and see if he would be willing to attempt repairs. I am certain a Tenno such as yourself would be able to find enough treasures within the depths to ensure he is properly compensated.”

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The young woman who laughed at the occurrence slides off her chair and makes her way over, pulling a toolkit out of a digital storage unit on her hip. 

“Looks like the neural translator is fried again.” She said. “He can talk, but he won’t be moving around for a while. I can replace it, but I’ll need a spare from the prosthetics labs.”

She stands up. 

”You look pretty strong.” She said. “Think you could carry him?”
 

Kacilius waved his hand over the Solaris, Resting him. "That's not good. Does it fry often?" He pocketed the cover and looked to see if there were any loose parts around. "I can carry him. Warframes can handle a lot more." Kacilius replied, chuckling. He kneeled down and flung the Solaris gently over his shoulder. "Where's the prosthetics lab?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

All three paths return little of note.

However as the scan ends you hear a long haunting note from the middle tunnel. Those who have visited the Plains of Eidolon would recognize the cry of a Vomvalyst.


 

"Charming, Vomvalysts" He says "Well, as long we not run into the bigger boys, we'll be fine, middle tunnel it is"

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The lift lowers you down three levels. The shielding distorts the view, but you can see a tall, strangely humanoid, figure being worked in by shadowy shapes. It almost looks like a necramech. 

The lift deposits you in another circular room. The entrances leading to the outer rooms on this level are, interestingly enough, equipped with a complex looking airlock system. Decontamination symbols are present in each.

The Wisp enjoyed the weighlessness of the lift again, for the short while that it lasted, and then looked around the new room curiously. Less open here than in the grand hall above, that wasn't exactly suprising. Instead of waiting for Ryoko to follow, she took initiative and floated closer to the airlock entrances, inspecting the hazard warning signs for what exactly they were warning for - she was curious if these were just medical safety procedures, to not contaminate the medical prosthetics and implants they might make here, or if maybe more volatile, interesting technology was in play that needed to be shielded against. Given enough time, she'd look at all the different airlocks, seeing if any one had warnings the others hadn't. She operated under the simple assumption that as long as nobody stopped her, she'd be fine to go where she pleased.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-20 at 4:10 PM, Rakawan said:

“If you are referring to the Cephalon currently assisting the Entrati, then I believe you meant to say Otak.” Idri says. “Loid  is... we’ll none of use are really sure what he is. The Entrati were not very... forthright with their methods.”

The drone rotates to follow your movements.

”I have received three thousand, four hundred, and twenty one messages within the last hour.” Idri says proudly. “All have been processed, allocated To the proper personnel, and deleted from my memory as per protocol.”

She glances at the ship. 

“We do have an artisan who specializes in vehicles.” She says. “I could contact him, and see if he would be willing to attempt repairs. I am certain a Tenno such as yourself would be able to find enough treasures within the depths to ensure he is properly compensated.”

 

 

The Garuda shifted from foot to foot, an absent-minded claw swiveling round to scratch her beak-like face. "Ship repairs would be useful, but Shadowmaw can be prone to ship-guarding, so first I would speak to whomever can accept his cert. Also any record-keeper who may know whether," she paused, shifting feet again, "whether I have been here in a past life. Then I would gladly recover treasures for trade, yes. I will follow you."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-20 at 10:49 AM, Rakawan said:

“No charge.” Trevor said. “I didn’t take the job to get rich.”

He drops the bullet in a small glass jar and sprays a strange gel onto the wound. Your skin tingles as the wound begins to pull itself closed.

“At least it was not an energy weapon.” Trevor says. “Everyone seems to think lasers and plasma weapons will cauterize the wound, which they would except for the fact that the heat tends to cause veins to rupture.”

Anak grinned.  "Heheh, yeah, those things hurt.  I can cauterize myself though."  She stood up.  "Thanks."
"Do you know where I should go to sell..." -she gestured toward the dead Golden Maw- "...this thing?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-20 at 11:34 AM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius waved his hand over the Solaris, Resting him. "That's not good. Does it fry often?" He pocketed the cover and looked to see if there were any loose parts around. "I can carry him. Warframes can handle a lot more." Kacilius replied, chuckling. He kneeled down and flung the Solaris gently over his shoulder. "Where's the prosthetics lab?"

“More often than I’d like.” She says. “It’s not hard to replace though. Just need the parts.”

She makes her way to the lift, and keys in a code on her holopad. 

“You’re not technically allowed up there, but I can get you access.” She says. “Just don’t touch anything and try to look like you belong.”
 


 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-21 at 6:16 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak grinned.  "Heheh, yeah, those things hurt.  I can cauterize myself though."  She stood up.  "Thanks."
"Do you know where I should go to sell..." -she gestured toward the dead Golden Maw- "...this thing?"

“The Steward can offer a flat fee.” Seven says. “Of course you could ask around with the Artisans. Might find one that is willing to offer more.”

Trevor packs up his kit. 
 

“Try not to expose yourself to any electromagnetic pulses.” He says. “That nanite gel will clean and close the wound, but if it gets hit with a pulse it will just become metallic jelly.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-21 at 3:45 PM, Cyba_Zero said:

The Garuda shifted from foot to foot, an absent-minded claw swiveling round to scratch her beak-like face. "Ship repairs would be useful, but Shadowmaw can be prone to ship-guarding, so first I would speak to whomever can accept his cert. Also any record-keeper who may know whether," she paused, shifting feet again, "whether I have been here in a past life. Then I would gladly recover treasures for trade, yes. I will follow you."

“You will want the Steward then.” She says. “He manages the day to day affairs.”

She floats towards the entrance. 

“Is there anything else you would like to know about House Tanis?” She asks. “While our history is still being recovered I am privy to most of what has been collected.”
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-20 at 5:22 PM, Owlrrex said:

The Wisp enjoyed the weighlessness of the lift again, for the short while that it lasted, and then looked around the new room curiously. Less open here than in the grand hall above, that wasn't exactly suprising. Instead of waiting for Ryoko to follow, she took initiative and floated closer to the airlock entrances, inspecting the hazard warning signs for what exactly they were warning for - she was curious if these were just medical safety procedures, to not contaminate the medical prosthetics and implants they might make here, or if maybe more volatile, interesting technology was in play that needed to be shielded against. Given enough time, she'd look at all the different airlocks, seeing if any one had warnings the others hadn't. She operated under the simple assumption that as long as nobody stopped her, she'd be fine to go where she pleased.

The symbol is unrecognizable, closer inspection reveals the air locks seem to be fitted with a strangely ornate field emitter, though it’s purpose remains unclear. You can detect traces of void energy, but they seem... strangely unreactive. 
 

Ryoko steps onto the platform behind you. He waves his hand at the airlock and the scanner turns green. 
 

“You’ll have to leave the frame outside.” He said. “Clean room policies prohibit... Well, pretty much everything about a Warframe.”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-20 at 3:04 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

"Charming, Vomvalysts" He says "Well, as long we not run into the bigger boys, we'll be fine, middle tunnel it is"

You are halfway down the hall when the spruce of the noise appears. A Vomvalyst floats around a corner and paused. 


Lucien raises his rifle to fire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“More often than I’d like.” She says. “It’s not hard to replace though. Just need the parts.”

She makes her way to the lift, and keys in a code on her holopad. 

“You’re not technically allowed up there, but I can get you access.” She says. “Just don’t touch anything and try to look like you belong.”
 


 

 

 

"Don't touch anything... got it." Kacilius said while stepping on the gravity lift. "Taking a few curious looks is fine though, right?" He checked the Solaris to see if anything happened to him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You are halfway down the hall when the spruce of the noise appears. A Vomvalyst floats around a corner and paused. 


Lucien raises his rifle to fire.

He taps his bracer and his MOA gets ready to fire, the MOA attempts to scan if it's hostile "I hate these things, once they go down, they get back up, so you'll have to do your eh, magic to put it down for good"

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“You will want the Steward then.” She says. “He manages the day to day affairs.”

She floats towards the entrance. 

“Is there anything else you would like to know about House Tanis?” She asks. “While our history is still being recovered I am privy to most of what has been collected.”
 

 

"Still being recovered?" She cocked her head as she followed the cephalon. "Sounds like your House and myself are in a similar predicament." That was awkward, but perhaps not unexpected; the Mystic's tests were not meant to be easy. Knowledge lost had to be sought by trial, and now she understood: her answers were most likely tangled with those of House Tanis, buried somewhere in the ruins of Lua's depths. The Garuda stood a little taller at the prospect of meeting this challenge. "Please take me to your Steward, and give me..." she paused. She might have forgotten a lot, but she was a fast learner and asking 'everything' of a cephalon would probably take a while. "...give me a summary of the House's history on the way."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...