Jump to content

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The symbol is unrecognizable, closer inspection reveals the air locks seem to be fitted with a strangely ornate field emitter, though it’s purpose remains unclear. You can detect traces of void energy, but they seem... strangely unreactive. 
 

Ryoko steps onto the platform behind you. He waves his hand at the airlock and the scanner turns green. 
 

“You’ll have to leave the frame outside.” He said. “Clean room policies prohibit... Well, pretty much everything about a Warframe.”

"You might want to put here what you're actually warning against. This really doesn't say anything except 'looking scary'." she advised in a pretty neutral tone, before Ryoko's announcement made her mood plummet again. She thought for a moment, maybe trying grounds on which to reasonably defy him, but after a few seconds transferred out of her frame and onto her prosthetic feet again, mumbling something about "no-fun-allowed-zone..."

"Fine, then. But this really better be a suprise worth the effort." she complained.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-23 at 10:47 AM, Rakawan said:

“The Steward can offer a flat fee.” Seven says. “Of course you could ask around with the Artisans. Might find one that is willing to offer more.”

Trevor packs up his kit. 
 

“Try not to expose yourself to any electromagnetic pulses.” He says. “That nanite gel will clean and close the wound, but if it gets hit with a pulse it will just become metallic jelly.”

Anak turned to look at Seven.  "I'm going to leave this here," she said.  "I don't fell like dragging it around."

She left the room, and went to Morrison's shop with long, bouncing strides, now unencumbered by the dead monster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak turned to look at Seven.  "I'm going to leave this here," she said.  "I don't fell like dragging it around."

She left the room, and went to Morrison's shop with long, bouncing strides, now unencumbered by the dead monster.

"If you do it might not be here when you get back." Seven said. "My men could use some extra credits, and I don't have the time or resources to keep an eye on other people's belongings."

Regardless of your choice you find Sam staring at a grey Excalibur wearing the same insignia as the Limbo from the tunnels.

"I said no." She says firmly. "Your people get paid well enough by Master Tanis, you can afford to pay full price. Do enough business and maybe I will be tempted to offer a discount."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-24 at 7:49 AM, Owlrrex said:

"You might want to put here what you're actually warning against. This really doesn't say anything except 'looking scary'." she advised in a pretty neutral tone, before Ryoko's announcement made her mood plummet again. She thought for a moment, maybe trying grounds on which to reasonably defy him, but after a few seconds transferred out of her frame and onto her prosthetic feet again, mumbling something about "no-fun-allowed-zone..."

"Fine, then. But this really better be a suprise worth the effort." she complained.

"That is the hope." Ryoko said, ignoring the comment about the symbols. "Either way I have been meaning to check up on them. They are constantly asking for more funding from the Master. We shall see if that can be justified." 

The scanner turns green as it sweeps over the three of you, the child from before climbing onto Ryoko's shoulders. 

The door opens to reveal a massive laboratory that appears to curve around the inner chamber. Artisans work away at benches containing everything imaginable from Solaris augmentations to almost lifelike golden prosthetics. Brandon slides off Ryoko's shoulders and tugs at the robes of one of the Artisans, who turns to stare at him.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class, Brandon?" She asks.

"My ankle feels funny." Brandon says. 

The Artisan sighs and lifts him up onto the bench. 

"Well let's take a look then." She says. 

Brandon pulls the robes up to his knees. His legs appear thin, as if malnourished, though from his arms and face you can tell that is not the case. Whatever malady afflicts him seems to have robbed him of the ability to walk unaided. Ryoko is off to the right, talking to a Tech working on a strange sort of bracelet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-24 at 6:53 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

He taps his bracer and his MOA gets ready to fire, the MOA attempts to scan if it's hostile "I hate these things, once they go down, they get back up, so you'll have to do your eh, magic to put it down for good"

The Vomvalyst does not attack, and scans show it to be exhibiting an unusual energy signature. It seems almost dazed, its movements sluggish. Lucien fires, destroying the outer shell. The Vomvalyst does not react.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-23 at 12:51 PM, EpicdudeX said:

"Don't touch anything... got it." Kacilius said while stepping on the gravity lift. "Taking a few curious looks is fine though, right?" He checked the Solaris to see if anything happened to him.

The Solaris is still out cold. 

As the lift deposits you on the proper floor you can see two Warframes standing inert outside the lift.

The tech swears under her breath.

"Blast it." She says. "Looks like the Arbiter is here." 

She pulls something out of her pouch and presses it into her hand. It is a badge of some sort.

"Don't make eye contact with him, and wear this." She says. "Oh and you'll have to leave the frame outside."

She stops.

"You will be able to carry him without it, right?" She asks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Vomvalyst does not attack, and scans show it to be exhibiting an unusual energy signature. It seems almost dazed, its movements sluggish. Lucien fires, destroying the outer shell. The Vomvalyst does not react.

"Huh, Hold up Lucien" he sends his MOA first, walking along behind it, but still remains some distance in-case it desires to attack "It not reacts, seen your people attack like this and they flee or fight to the death, but this, looks almost if it's confused" He says with a curious brow, he sends the scan data to him "Take a look, MOA detected this, tho guard up, just in case..."  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"If you do it might not be here when you get back." Seven said. "My men could use some extra credits, and I don't have the time or resources to keep an eye on other people's belongings."

Regardless of your choice you find Sam staring at a grey Excalibur wearing the same insignia as the Limbo from the tunnels.

"I said no." She says firmly. "Your people get paid well enough by Master Tanis, you can afford to pay full price. Do enough business and maybe I will be tempted to offer a discount."

Anak barely heard Seven's reply.  She was already through the door and wasn't paying attention to him, and anyway, anyone able to lift the Golden Maw and carry it away would probably be able to beat her in a fight.  So, she reasoned, there wasn't much need to guard it.

She gingerly reached past the Excalibur and placed her findings on the counter, trying not to interfere with the conversation

(the findings: 1 day of rations, 1 small hand-carved wooden container of spices, 2 dispel grenades, 1 Harpak with a grapple modification and 2 full mags, 1 bandolier of 7 Sheev daggers with one missing, 1 air mask with dust filter, 1 containment device for void artifacts, 1 unidentified item of grineer manufacture)

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Solaris is still out cold. 

As the lift deposits you on the proper floor you can see two Warframes standing inert outside the lift.

The tech swears under her breath.

"Blast it." She says. "Looks like the Arbiter is here." 

She pulls something out of her pouch and presses it into her hand. It is a badge of some sort.

"Don't make eye contact with him, and wear this." She says. "Oh and you'll have to leave the frame outside."

She stops.

"You will be able to carry him without it, right?" She asks.

Kacilius frowned. "Uh... do you think this..." He Transferenced out of his Equinox, showing off his Infested Emissary Suit. The pulsating and throbbing tendrils glowed with the slight purple unlight of the Void, moving with a slight leisurely yet dangerous feel as the suit itself breathed. Kacilius knew it was benign, but he also was pretty sure that walking inside a lab that required him to Transference out would probably not take someone who wore literal Infested material lightly. "I almost got shot at for this. This is benign, so don't freak out yet. But I don't think I'll be welcome like this." He thought for a minute. "Is there some way to 'mask' this, even if it's temporary?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-12-27 at 6:27 PM, Rakawan said:

"That is the hope." Ryoko said, ignoring the comment about the symbols. "Either way I have been meaning to check up on them. They are constantly asking for more funding from the Master. We shall see if that can be justified." 

The scanner turns green as it sweeps over the three of you, the child from before climbing onto Ryoko's shoulders. 

The door opens to reveal a massive laboratory that appears to curve around the inner chamber. Artisans work away at benches containing everything imaginable from Solaris augmentations to almost lifelike golden prosthetics. Brandon slides off Ryoko's shoulders and tugs at the robes of one of the Artisans, who turns to stare at him.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class, Brandon?" She asks.

"My ankle feels funny." Brandon says. 

The Artisan sighs and lifts him up onto the bench. 

"Well let's take a look then." She says. 

Brandon pulls the robes up to his knees. His legs appear thin, as if malnourished, though from his arms and face you can tell that is not the case. Whatever malady afflicts him seems to have robbed him of the ability to walk unaided. Ryoko is off to the right, talking to a Tech working on a strange sort of bracelet. 

Vydraixenne's face betrayed her disgruntlement about her excursion out of her frame, which made her scowl around very critically at the secrets that the decontamination chamber guarded. She found her own lower legs to be somewhere in the middle of the quality of the crafts that she could see all around her: They were just civil grade, but she kept them well, had paid formidably and at least they were tenno-make, which elevated them over all of the Solaris-tech, at least in terms of aesthetics. And those mattered alot to her, second right after comfort.

With the boy having his ailment looked after - probably some fine-tuning to his aids was required - and Ryoko busy doing his inspection, she took the chance to look around in more detail about what was being worked on, and with what technology. She was suspecting to find some experimental void-tech they were trying to reconstruct, or maybe something that was more on the ornate side that she might be able to use if she ever returned to the stage in person, instead of with her frame. Although it was unfathomable to her why she would ever do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...