Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)

Rakawan

On 2020-08-27 at 10:40 PM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius relaxed. Most Grinner that served in the Empire didn’t have a need for credits. “Ah, so you’re unlike the others. Forgive me for acting strangely, but my past experiences with Grineer have not been pleasant. Would you like to go down together? I am also here for adventuring.” Vampkitty snarled. “Whoops, excuse Vampkitty. He doesn’t really like anything non-Tenno, to be honest. Vampkitty, calm down. Anak is friendly.”

8 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Kacilius's voice pulled Anak's attention back from his kavat.  She recognized the signs of the Vasca virus, and made a mental note to stay away from the infected animal.
"Sure.  Why not."  He seemed nice enough, and getting to know the other people around this place was probably a good idea, considering that she intended to be here for a while.

“Wonderful.” Idri said. “If you’ll both follow me to the gravity lift we can head down and get started right away.”

Both drones turn and head towards a pillar of transparent light emanating from a hole in the floor at the center of the room. The railing around it retracts and you see a form float upwards out of the hole, stepping lightly onto the platform before it. 

“The gravity lift goes all the way down to the first floor.” Idri says. “A word of warning: Void based abilities, including eximus modules, are disabled to prevent interference with the lift.”

On 2020-08-27 at 1:33 PM, Rakawan said:

Both drones suddenly dropping, their lights dimming and then relighting. A new voice emanates from both. 

“Every time.” It says. “Hi! I am Cephalon Idri, Chief Caretaker. I will be taking over as your tour guide. Don’t worry. I am fully capable of operating across multiple platforms simultaneously.”

She pauses, noticing the interaction between the two visitors.

"Oh, we have a new tour guide. Hello, Cephalon Idri. I am Kacilius Venrai, and the Grineer is Anak. Can you lead the way down to The Depths?"

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Wonderful.” Idri said. “If you’ll both follow me to the gravity lift we can head down and get started right away.”

Both drones turn and head towards a pillar of transparent light emanating from a hole in the floor at the center of the room. The railing around it retracts and you see a form float upwards out of the hole, stepping lightly onto the platform before it. 

“The gravity lift goes all the way down to the first floor.” Idri says. “A word of warning: Void based abilities, including eximus modules, are disabled to prevent interference with the lift.”

Kacilius squinted through the light. Something definitely came out, but he wasn't sure what it was. He slowly walked over to the lift to observe what just came out.

3 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Oh, we have a new tour guide. Hello, Cephalon Idri. I am Kacilius Venrai, and the Grineer is Anak. Can you lead the way down to The Depths?"

Kacilius squinted through the light. Something definitely came out, but he wasn't sure what it was. He slowly walked over to the lift to observe what just came out.

Emerging from the light is a man in a set of robes that seem fit for royalty, if a tad revealing. In fact those with a memory of the Empire and experience guarding Orokin would recognize a set of Orokin bath robes, typically worn in the sauna or hot springs, and, while modest enough for public use, never used in any official gathering.

The true nature of the garments seems lost on the man as he struts forward with an amusing attempt at a regal gait. 

Another figure emerges from the light behind him, clad in a Corpus crewsuit, the armor plates redesigned to fit an Orokin aesthetic. A Braton Prime is held loosely in his hands. Clearly a bodyguard of some sort.

“Most disgusting meal I’ve had in my life. How that man managed to beguile the Tenno I will never understand.” The man in the robes grouses. “A delicacy he calls it. We’ll how much of a delicacy he thinks it is when I shove a live jellyfish down his throat.” 

Both the Arbiter and the Steward pause in their argument to stare at the man. The Steward looks aghast, clearly recognizing the outfit. The Arbiter on the other hand, simply stands there, head titled, an amused air about him. 

The man marches past you, his bodyguard following. 

“Give me two minutes in the void and I’d find something far more valuable than a set of decals with His face on them.” He mumbles. “Tenno must be truly desperate to decorate their gear with such nonsense.”

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Emerging from the light is a man in a set of robes that seem fit for royalty, if a tad revealing. In fact those with a memory of the Empire and experience guarding Orokin would recognize a set of Orokin bath robes, typically worn in the sauna or hot springs, and, while modest enough for public use, never used in any official gathering.

The true nature of the garments seems lost on the man as he struts forward with an amusing attempt at a regal gait. 

Another figure emerges from the light behind him, clad in a Corpus crewsuit, the armor plates redesigned to fit an Orokin aesthetic. A Braton Prime is held loosely in his hands. Clearly a bodyguard of some sort.

“Most disgusting meal I’ve had in my life. How that man managed to beguile the Tenno I will never understand.” The man in the robes grouses. “A delicacy he calls it. We’ll how much of a delicacy he thinks it is when I shove a live jellyfish down his throat.” 

Both the Arbiter and the Steward pause in their argument to stare at the man. The Steward looks aghast, clearly recognizing the outfit. The Arbiter on the other hand, simply stands there, head titled, an amused air about him. 

The man marches past you, his bodyguard following. 

“Give me two minutes in the void and I’d find something far more valuable than a set of decals with His face on them.” He mumbles. “Tenno must be truly desperate to decorate their gear with such nonsense.”

Kacilius stumbled backward. Who the heck was this? And that robe... Shaking his head, Kacilius turned to a drone. "Who was that? I assume Baro convinced him to eat Martian Oasis Jellyfish and he regretted it. I heard Darvo also ate it and his throat swelled up."

7 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius stumbled backward. Who the heck was this? And that robe... Shaking his head, Kacilius turned to a drone. "Who was that? I assume Baro convinced him to eat Martian Oasis Jellyfish and he regretted it. I heard Darvo also ate it and his throat swelled up."

“That would be Ten Pau.” Idri says. “He works for Master Tanis as an artificer. Rumors has it he was left for dead by a Corpus artifact hunting team and rescued by the Arbiter.”

The drone falls silent as the man passes and then drifts closer, the voice becoming almost conspiratory. 

”He has gone to great lengths to style himself as a connoisseur of Orokin culture.” Idri says. “The crewman is an old friend of his named Arno Vex. House Tanis purchased his debt from Anyo Corp where he worked as part of an anti-Tenno task force.“

“Steward.” Ten Pau says, bowing so low his head almost scrapes the floor. 

”What are you wearing?” The Steward demands, clearly aghast. 

“An authentic piece of Orokin history.” Ten Pau says. “I’m told these where all the rage back in the day.”

”In the saunas perhaps.” The Steward says. “That is not all proper attire for a place like this. Return to your chambers and change at once. There are families present.”

Arno Vex and the Arbiter stare at each other, each one clearly sizing the other up. 

“We are nearing the pad” A light Gray condor dropship shifted into view, Approaching the pad slowly It’s engines Buzzing “Good, Make sure to thank Ergo for allowing me to come here” Tecchy Spoke raspily. He would reach to his side, Moving his hand around whilst he listened to intercepted Corpus comms. He would find what he was looking for and would blindly pull it. “WUUU” Would echo through the condor. “Sorry jacket”. He would stroke the MOA apologetically. He then lead it to the Door. “Open this, Would ya?” He commanded. “But we are hovering above the pad, We haven’t even touched down!”. “Just do i-“ He would end his sentence as the Door opened under his feet, Sending him and his MOA to the ground. “You wanted me to open it” The pilot would Jokingly say. The condor would 180 and leave the Pad. “You bastard!” 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

“We are nearing the pad” A light Gray condor dropship shifted into view, Approaching the pad slowly It’s engines Buzzing “Good, Make sure to thank Ergo for allowing me to come here” Tecchy Spoke raspily. He would reach to his side, Moving his hand around whilst he listened to intercepted Corpus comms. He would find what he was looking for and would blindly pull it. “WUUU” Would echo through the condor. “Sorry jacket”. He would stroke the MOA apologetically. He then lead it to the Door. “Open this, Would ya?” He commanded. “But we are hovering above the pad, We haven’t even touched down!”. “Just do i-“ He would end his sentence as the Door opened under his feet, Sending him and his MOA to the ground. “You wanted me to open it” The pilot would Jokingly say. The condor would 180 and leave the Pad. “You bastard!” 

The Nullifiers make no move to assist, standing stoically by the gate. The Moas’s beside them do not react to the new proxy.

An Orokin drone appears, darting through the now open doorway. 

“Welcome, traveler.” A voice says. “I am Cephalon Idri, I will be your guide. Please state your name and purpose for visiting.”

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The Nullifiers make no move to assist, standing stoically by the gate. The Moas’s beside them do not react to the new proxy.

An Orokin drone appears, darting through the now open doorway. 

“Welcome, traveler.” A voice says. “I am Cephalon Idri, I will be your guide. Please state your name and purpose for visiting.”

The proxy would look up at this “Cephalon” 

Wow look at me I’m a fancy Cephalon.

he decided he would Keep those views to himself. “I am Tecchy, Proud Perrin sequence Operative, Been Craving adventure lately, I heard this is a Great spot for it!” 

He would Pull onto his knees, Moving his hands to his side to assist his MOA.

”And this is Jacket, No need to worry He has been reprogrammed and has no weapon attachments”

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

The proxy would look up at this “Cephalon” 

Wow look at me I’m a fancy Cephalon.

he decided he would Keep those views to himself. “I am Tecchy, Proud Perrin sequence Operative, Been Craving adventure lately, I heard this is a Great spot for it!” 

He would Pull onto his knees, Moving his hands to his side to assist his MOA.

”And this is Jacket, No need to worry He has been reprogrammed and has no weapon attachments”

“Excellent.” Idri says. “As you may know House Tanis offers excellent rates for items recovered from the Lunar Depths. Please follow me and we will get you down to the first floor for outfitting.”

The drone turns and floats into the hallway. 

“While are travel do you have any questions about House Tanis?” Idri asks. “I am well versed in what little of our history has survived.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Excellent.” Idri says. “As you may know House Tanis offers excellent rates for items recovered from the Lunar Depths. Please follow me and we will get you down to the first floor for outfitting.”

The drone turns and floats into the hallway. 

“While are travel do you have any questions about House Tanis?” Idri asks. “I am well versed in what little of our history has survived.”

The proxy would Tail the drone, The MOA Hobbling behind 

“I’m not here for the items, Greed is Evil, Evil is Corpus. I’m here for the Thrill” He replies “I have one question, Do you have any accommodation and Food services here?” 

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

The proxy would Tail the drone, The MOA Hobbling behind 

“I’m not here for the items, Greed is Evil, Evil is Corpus. I’m here for the Thrill” He replies “I have one question, Do you have any accommodation and Food services here?” 

“Morrison’s Masks and Filters also sells nutrient rations for long term journeys.” Idri says. “There is a mess hall for members of House Tanis and contracted workers. If you would like I can put in a request for access during your stay.”

The doors at the end of the hall open to reveal a large circular room with several other hallways and large alcoves between each doorway. A Grineer Heavy Gunner and an Equinox stand by a beam of light in the center of the room. A man in loose and gaudy robes flanked by a crewman in Orokin armor stand opposite a man in gilded robes and a Tenno. The man in gilded robes appears to be berating the man in the loose, gaudy robes.

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Morrison’s Masks and Filters also sells nutrient rations for long term journeys.” Idri says. “There is a mess hall for members of House Tanis and contracted workers. If you would like I can put in a request for access during your stay.”

The doors at the end of the hall open to reveal a large circular room with several other hallways and large alcoves between each doorway. A Grineer Heavy Gunner and an Equinox stand by a beam of light in the center of the room. A man in loose and gaudy robes flanked by a crewman in Orokin armor stand opposite a man in gilded robes and a Tenno. The man in gilded robes appears to be berating the man in the loose, gaudy robes.

“Good to hear” The proxy replies.

He and the MOA would Enter the Circular room. Staring up at the Orokin architecture. 

“Jacket, Don’t go tailing other visitors all right?” He spoke softly to the MOA before Stroking it’s head. He would then Approach The Beam.  

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

He and the MOA would Enter the Circular room. Staring up at the Orokin architecture. 

“Jacket, Don’t go tailing other visitors all right?” He spoke softly to the MOA before Stroking it’s head. He would then Approach The Beam.  

As Kacilius waited, he noticed a Corpus and MOA enter the hall. Not again. He then noticed the Perrin Sequence logo engraved on the newcomer's helmet. Oh, someone from the Perrin Sequence. that's safe. He waved over the Corpus and MOA. "Hey there! Are you here for adventuring as well?"

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

As you and the Moa approach the beam your sensors register fluctuations in the gravity fields. Stepping into the beam results in a feeling of weightlessness. The beam pulses once and suddenly you are falling at a greatly reduced speed. Floors float past, and you can see various other projects underway if you look closely. A few levels seem to have distortion fields around the lift to prevent those within from viewing it. 

Finally you come to a stop on the first floor, your feet gently setting down on gilded ceramic. 

There are five doors around the edges of the room. Only three are light up, indicating they are active. The right door features a decorative pick axe over the entrance, while the left has a gilded Corpus Helmet. The middle door is ominously decorated with a skull carved from lunar stone. 

“On the left is Morrison’s Masks and Filters.” Idri says. “Best and only place to acquire safety equipment for the dangerous journey ahead. They also sell precepts for proxy companions. To the right is Alarik’s Arsenal for all your deconstruction needs, whether mineral or flesh. The middle door leads to the depths.”

The middle door is also flanked by two heavy armored Nullifiers. The sensors in your helmet seem to distort slightly in their presence. Any sensors attuned to magnetic forces would detect a locally sourced emp field emanating from both. 

”Let me know when you are ready to depart and I will contact the gatekeeper.” Idri says.

35 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

As Kacilius waited, he noticed a Corpus and MOA enter the hall. Not again. He then noticed the Perrin Sequence logo engraved on the newcomer's helmet. Oh, someone from the Perrin Sequence. that's safe. He waved over the Corpus and MOA. "Hey there! Are you here for adventuring as well?"

“HEY FRIE-“ He would end his sentence as he plunged below.

26 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you and the Moa approach the beam your sensors register fluctuations in the gravity fields. Stepping into the beam results in a feeling of weightlessness. The beam pulses once and suddenly you are falling at a greatly reduced speed. Floors float past, and you can see various other projects underway if you look closely. A few levels seem to have distortion fields around the lift to prevent those within from viewing it. 

Finally you come to a stop on the first floor, your feet gently setting down on gilded ceramic. 

There are five doors around the edges of the room. Only three are light up, indicating they are active. The right door features a decorative pick axe over the entrance, while the left has a gilded Corpus Helmet. The middle door is ominously decorated with a skull carved from lunar stone. 

“On the left is Morrison’s Masks and Filters.” Idri says. “Best and only place to acquire safety equipment for the dangerous journey ahead. They also sell precepts for proxy companions. To the right is Alarik’s Arsenal for all your deconstruction needs, whether mineral or flesh. The middle door leads to the depths.”

The middle door is also flanked by two heavy armored Nullifiers. The sensors in your helmet seem to distort slightly in their presence. Any sensors attuned to magnetic forces would detect a locally sourced emp field emanating from both. 

”Let me know when you are ready to depart and I will contact the gatekeeper.” Idri says.

The Proxy would Nod.

”Good to know”

The MOA Would Moan “Wuurr” Before Darting down the Hallway towards Morrison’s masks.

”Jacket! Bad boy!” 

He sprints after the MOA. Slipping slightly, He slides across the Floor, Sweeping the MOA Feet as he got closer. Jacket would fall, He would Moan again. “Wuurr”

“bad boy!” He says. 

The proxy and Jacket would return to the Cephalon, Jacket would stare at the ground as he walked, in shame. 

“Sorry about that” he said to idri apologetically “I would like to depart, Also about the mess hall earlier, Could you possibly book me in?” 

15 hours ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

The Proxy would Nod.

”Good to know”

The MOA Would Moan “Wuurr” Before Darting down the Hallway towards Morrison’s masks.

”Jacket! Bad boy!” 

He sprints after the MOA. Slipping slightly, He slides across the Floor, Sweeping the MOA Feet as he got closer. Jacket would fall, He would Moan again. “Wuurr”

“bad boy!” He says. 

The proxy and Jacket would return to the Cephalon, Jacket would stare at the ground as he walked, in shame. 

“Sorry about that” he said to idri apologetically “I would like to depart, Also about the mess hall earlier, Could you possibly book me in?” 

“Access to mess hall requested.” Idri says. “Access to departure zone requested. Access to departure zone granted.”

The door in the middle opens. Beyond it you can see a room filled with rubble. The far wall has a gaping hole in it, just big enough for two people to pass through side by side. It is currently covered with an energy field. Heavily armored Nullifiers stand on the inside of the door and at defensive embankments aimed towards the breach. 

As you enter a man wearing a Solaris rig rises to his feet and jumps off a stone beam, landing in front of you. 

“Another adventurer for the Depths.” Idri says. 

The man nods. 

“Alright.” He says. “Just few things to check before you depart.”

He pulls up a list in his data pad. 

“Can you confirm that you are in possession of, or capable of operating without the following items?”

He shows you the list. There is a check box next to each. 

1. Spare rations, one days worth.

2. Grappling Hook, jet pack, or other means of vertical movement. 

3. Air and filtration systems rated for Class-B environments (toxic and/or I xygen free). 

4. Emergency distress beacon. 

5. Emergency Medical supplies.

6. Self defense equipment rated for Class-S threats. 

There is also a field to declare any equipment not listed above.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

18 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Ok... that was interesting." Kacilius turned back. "I assume they had no idea how a gravity lift works..." He turned to Anak. "Anak, you ready to go?"

"Huh?  Oh.  I guess, yeah."
Anak carefully leaned over the edge of the lift to look down the shaft, lost her balance as her head began to rise in the reduced gravity, and jerked back with a fearful expression.
"HeeH!"
"no... not ready."
She too had no idea how a gravity lift worked.

2 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak carefully leaned over the edge of the lift to look down the shaft, lost her balance as her head began to rise in the reduced gravity, and jerked back with a fearful expression.
"HeeH!"
"no... not ready."

Oh boy. although if I'm honest with myself, I still kind of fear gravity lifts. "You ok? I think we slowly and carefully walk into the center. I don't think I can do anything to help, except helping you balance? I really don't know..."  He turned back to Idri. "Is there any advice on how to safely ride a gravity lift?"

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“Access to mess hall requested.” Idri says. “Access to departure zone requested. Access to departure zone granted.”

The door in the middle opens. Beyond it you can see a room filled with rubble. The far wall has a gaping hole in it, just big enough for two people to pass through side by side. It is currently covered with an energy field. Heavily armored Nullifiers stand on the inside of the door and at defensive embankments aimed towards the breach. 

As you enter a man wearing a Solaris rig rises to his feet and jumps off a stone beam, landing in front of you. 

“Another adventurer for the Depths.” Idri says. 

The man nods. 

“Alright.” He says. “Just few things to check before you depart.”

He pulls up a list in his data pad. 

“Can you confirm that you are in possession of, or capable of operating without the following items?”

He shows you the list. There is a check box next to each. 

1. Spare rations, one days worth.

2. Grappling Hook, jet pack, or other means of vertical movement. 

3. Air and filtration systems rated for Class-B environments (toxic and/or I xygen free). 

4. Emergency distress beacon. 

5. Emergency Medical supplies.

6. Self defense equipment rated for Class-S threats. 

There is also a field to declare any equipment not listed above.

“Fish from cetus, Check, May need a grappling hook, My helmet is fitted with oxygen already, So I’m good, Already have a beacon, Already have medical supplies, Left me weapons on the ship so I could use those” 

The proxy checks the Correct boxes.

”Could I possibly be sent back up to gather my equipment?”  

15 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Oh boy. although if I'm honest with myself, I still kind of fear gravity lifts. "You ok? I think we slowly and carefully walk into the center. I don't think I can do anything to help, except helping you balance? I really don't know..."  He turned back to Idri. "Is there any advice on how to safely ride a gravity lift?"

22 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"HeeH!"
"no... not ready."

“None!” Idri says. “Beckons the obvious safety tips such as keeping your limbs inside and breathing properly. In the event of a malfunction there are stasis emitters in each ring to catch you.”

The drones float closer. 

“Balance will not be an issue. The lift is calibrated to correctly orient passengers.”

One of the drones title sideways and darts into the beam, only for re-orient as soon as it is caught in the field. It quickly begins to sink. 

“I have calibrated the lift for your individual weights and desired location.” Idri says. “Simply step into the beam when you are ready.”

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

“Fish from cetus, Check, May need a grappling hook, My helmet is fitted with oxygen already, So I’m good, Already have a beacon, Already have medical supplies, Left me weapons on the ship so I could use those” 

The proxy checks the Correct boxes.

”One more thing, Could you fit my MOA with a cannon or something similar?”  

“Alarik can get you outfitted with a grappling hook and some armaments.” The man says. “Just don’t mention that you left them behind. He’ll never let you live it down.”

He gestures back out the door to the door with a pickaxe above it. 

“Of course if you want to proceed without such things I won’t stop you.” He said. “Won’t lose any sleep if you fall to your death or get mauled by a rogue proxy either though.”

He takes the data pad and waits for your response.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“None!” Idri says. “Beckons the obvious safety tips such as keeping your limbs inside and breathing properly. In the event of a malfunction there are stasis emitters in each ring to catch you.”

The drones float closer. 

“Balance will not be an issue. The lift is calibrated to correctly orient passengers.”

One of the drones title sideways and darts into the beam, only for re-orient as soon as it is caught in the field. It quickly begins to sink. 

“I have calibrated the lift for your individual weights and desired location.” Idri says. “Simply step into the beam when you are ready.”

"NONE?" WhydidthisplacehaveagravityliftImstillsoscaredofit Kacilius panicked for a brief second before calming down. "Oh, it's calibrated now?" He poked his foot in the gravity lift. His foot rebounded as if he just booted something solid. "Looks and feels safer now." I'm still scared of them though. Ugh. Kacilius shivered, then waved his hand to the gravity lift. "Ladies first."

(The long string above, for people who don't want to read that eyestrain, is "Why did this place have a gravity lift, I'm still so scared of it")

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Alarik can get you outfitted with a grappling hook and some armaments.” The man says. “Just don’t mention that you left them behind. He’ll never let you live it down.”

He gestures back out the door to the door with a pickaxe above it. 

“Of course if you want to proceed without such things I won’t stop you.” He said. “Won’t lose any sleep if you fall to your death or get mauled by a rogue proxy either though.”

He takes the data pad and waits for your response.

“I’ll get myself a grapple then also, Would you know of a place that can Get jacket equipped with a weapon of sorts?”

The proxy gestures to jacket, Who was sitting besides him,

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

“I’ll get myself a grapple then also, Would you know of a place that can Get jacket equipped with a weapon of sorts?”

The proxy gestures to jacket, Who was sitting besides him,

The man stares at the proxy and scratches his chin. 

“Alarik might have something for your friend there.” He says. “Won’t he fancy but it’ll shoot straight.”

He climbs back up onto the beam. 

“Come back once you have all your supplies and I’ll give you a rundown of what to expect.” He says.

Archived