Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)

Rakawan

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The man stares at the proxy and scratches his chin. 

“Alarik might have something for your friend there.” He says. “Won’t he fancy but it’ll shoot straight.”

He climbs back up onto the beam. 

“Come back once you have all your supplies and I’ll give you a rundown of what to expect.” He says.

“I’ll be sure to return” 

The proxy and MOA Would head to each room, Looking for their gear.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

“I’ll be sure to return” 

The proxy and MOA Would head to each room, Looking for their gear.

The door with the gilded pick axe above it opens to reveal a room partially filled with rubble that has been chiseled into shelving. 

A man sits opposite the opening, sharpening a climbing pick and whistling a catchy toon. His outfit appears to be made from a Corpus Tech crewsuit with torn off sleeves. An Opticor sits next to him, leaning against the rock. 

He looks up as you enter. 

“Ahh Traveler.” He says. “Welcome to Alarik’s Arsenal. Anything I can help you find?”

The shelves are stocked with a variety of mining tools and improvised weapons.

16 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The door with the gilded pick axe above it opens to reveal a room partially filled with rubble that has been chiseled into shelving. 

A man sits opposite the opening, sharpening a climbing pick and whistling a catchy toon. His outfit appears to be made from a Corpus Tech crewsuit with torn off sleeves. An Opticor sits next to him, leaning against the rock. 

He looks up as you enter. 

“Ahh Traveler.” He says. “Welcome to Alarik’s Arsenal. Anything I can help you find?”

The shelves are stocked with a variety of mining tools and improvised weapons.

“I’m looking for a weapon, What Do you recommend?” 

He looks over to jacket 

“And I’ll take something for my friend here” 

4 hours ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

“I’m looking for a weapon, What Do you recommend?” 

He looks over to jacket 

“And I’ll take something for my friend here” 

Alarik raises an eyebrow.

”Well that depends on how you like to fight.” He says. “A Lanka is perfect for long range, but if you get up close and personal it will be about as useful as a length of rebar. A Supra can drown your enemies in plasma, but it won’t be hitting much past a certain point.”

He glances at the Moa. 

“As for your friend. Well right now I only have two options. Standard railgun or harpoon.” He says. “Harpoon comes with an anchor and spook, in case you need to cross any large chasms.”

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Alarik raises an eyebrow.

”Well that depends on how you like to fight.” He says. “A Lanka is perfect for long range, but if you get up close and personal it will be about as useful as a length of rebar. A Supra can drown your enemies in plasma, but it won’t be hitting much past a certain point.”

He glances at the Moa. 

“As for your friend. Well right now I only have two options. Standard railgun or harpoon.” He says. “Harpoon comes with an anchor and spook, in case you need to cross any large chasms.”

“I’ve take the Lanka” The proxy replies.

He turns to the MOA beside him, Kneeling in front of it.

”Hey, Do you wanna Pump people full of plasma, Or impale people?”

The MOA Would move its head to the side, As if he was trying to make a Puzzled expression.

”Wurrr” It moans

The proxy turns back to to Alarik

”One Harpoon Please.”  

On 2020-09-01 at 8:39 AM, EpicdudeX said:

Oh boy. although if I'm honest with myself, I still kind of fear gravity lifts. "You ok? I think we slowly and carefully walk into the center. I don't think I can do anything to help, except helping you balance? I really don't know..."  He turned back to Idri. "Is there any advice on how to safely ride a gravity lift?"

On 2020-09-01 at 9:00 AM, Rakawan said:

“None!” Idri says. “Beckons the obvious safety tips such as keeping your limbs inside and breathing properly. In the event of a malfunction there are stasis emitters in each ring to catch you.”

The drones float closer. 

“Balance will not be an issue. The lift is calibrated to correctly orient passengers.”

One of the drones title sideways and darts into the beam, only for re-orient as soon as it is caught in the field. It quickly begins to sink. 

“I have calibrated the lift for your individual weights and desired location.” Idri says. “Simply step into the beam when you are ready.”

On 2020-09-01 at 9:14 AM, EpicdudeX said:

"NONE?" WhydidthisplacehaveagravityliftImstillsoscaredofit Kacilius panicked for a brief second before calming down. "Oh, it's calibrated now?" He poked his foot in the gravity lift. His foot rebounded as if he just booted something solid. "Looks and feels safer now." I'm still scared of them though. Ugh. Kacilius shivered, then waved his hand to the gravity lift. "Ladies first."

Ladies first... Why?  None of the peoples she'd stayed with did that.  The Ostrons and Solaris just went with whoever first, and the Grineer always sent males first to see if they stayed in one piece.  "Ladies first" was definitely not good form, but if that other guy earlier had been riding the lift in a bathrobe, it was probably safe.

Anak stepped into the beam, as if stepping off a ledge.  Several seconds later, she landed at the bottom, on her bottom, feeling somewhat shaken and also a bit silly.  She shuffled out onto solid ground and took several deep breaths, and Kaciliuis found her sitting there when he came down the lift.

27 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Ladies first... Why?  None of the peoples she'd stayed with did that.  The Ostrons and Solaris just went with whoever first, and the Grineer always sent males first to see if they stayed in one piece.  "Ladies first" was definitely not good form, but if that other guy earlier had been riding the lift in a bathrobe, it was probably safe.

Anak stepped into the beam, as if stepping off a ledge.  Several seconds later, she landed at the bottom, on her bottom, feeling somewhat shaken and also a bit silly.  She shuffled out onto solid ground and took several deep breaths, and Kaciliuis found here sitting there when he came down the lift.

There are five doors around the edges of the room. Only three are light up, indicating they are active. The right door features a decorative pick axe over the entrance, while the left has a gilded Corpus Helmet. The middle door is ominously decorated with a skull carved from lunar stone. 

“On the left is Morrison’s Masks and Filters.” Idri says. “Best and only place to acquire safety equipment for the dangerous journey ahead. They also sell precepts for sentinel companions. To the right is Alarik’s Arsenal for all your deconstruction needs, whether mineral or flesh. The middle door leads to the depths.”

The middle door is also flanked by two heavy armored Nullifiers. The sensors in your helmet seem to distort slightly in their presence. Any sensors attuned to magnetic forces would detect a locally sourced emp field emanating from both. 

”Let me know when you are ready to depart and I will contact the gatekeeper.” Idri says.

“I’ve take the Lanka” The proxy replies.

He turns to the MOA beside him, Kneeling in front of it.

”Hey, Do you wanna Pump people full of plasma, Or impale people?”

The MOA Would move its head to the side, As if he was trying to make a Puzzled expression.

”Wurrr” It moans

The proxy turns back to to Alarik

”One Harpoon Please.”  

“That’ll be fifty thousand credits for the rifle and another ten for the harpoon.” Alarik says. 

He gestured and the fields covering the appropriate shelf disappear. An osprey hovers over, retrieving the rifle and harpoon system and depositing Then on the makeshift counter between you and Alarik. The shields snap back into place.

26 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak stepped into the beam, as if stepping off a ledge.  Several seconds later, she landed at the bottom, on her bottom, feeling somewhat shaken and also a bit silly.  She shuffled out onto solid ground and took several deep breaths, and Kaciliuis found here sitting there when he came down the lift.

"How'd that feel? Seems pretty safe, besides the slight disorientation you feel when going down." Kacilius said, slightly grimacing. "I definitely haven't gotten used to it." He stood up.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There are five doors around the edges of the room. Only three are light up, indicating they are active. The right door features a decorative pick axe over the entrance, while the left has a gilded Corpus Helmet. The middle door is ominously decorated with a skull carved from lunar stone. 

“On the left is Morrison’s Masks and Filters.” Idri says. “Best and only place to acquire safety equipment for the dangerous journey ahead. They also sell precepts for sentinel companions. To the right is Alarik’s Arsenal for all your deconstruction needs, whether mineral or flesh. The middle door leads to the depths.”

The middle door is also flanked by two heavy armored Nullifiers. The sensors in your helmet seem to distort slightly in their presence. Any sensors attuned to magnetic forces would detect a locally sourced emp field emanating from both. 

”Let me know when you are ready to depart and I will contact the gatekeeper.” Idri says.

"I think I'll check out Alarik's Arsenal for anything else I might need, but otherwise I'm all set." Kacilius said, fiddling with his Stradavar Prime and Ceti Lacera. He left his other weapons on his ship, and hopefully we wouldn't need them.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“That’ll be fifty thousand credits for the rifle and another ten for the harpoon.” Alarik says. 

He gestured and the fields covering the appropriate shelf disappear. An osprey hovers over, retrieving the rifle and harpoon system and depositing Then on the makeshift counter between you and Alarik. The shields snap back into place.

He would place the Credits down onto the counter.

”Here’s a tip” 

He then places 15 Plat onto the Counter.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

”Here’s a tip” 

Alarik stares at the platinum, then snatched up both.

”Suppose I should give you a tip then as well.” He says, pushing the weapon and attachment towards you. “You see a pit full of bones down there... you stick to the solid ground. There something under the bones. Saw it pull a Meridian Bombard under in a heartbeat. I can still hear the screams, the sound of bones snapping.”

He shudders, then recovers as the door opens behind you. 

“Ahh another customer.” He says. “Welcome.”

3 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"How'd that feel? Seems pretty safe, besides the slight disorientation you feel when going down." Kacilius said, slightly grimacing. "I definitely haven't gotten used to it." He stood up.

"I think I'll check out Alarik's Arsenal for anything else I might need, but otherwise I'm all set." Kacilius said, fiddling with his Stradavar Prime and Ceti Lacera. He left his other weapons on his ship, and hopefully we wouldn't need them.

You can see fallen piles of rubble crudely carved into shielded shelves containing all manner of mining equipment and more than a few weapons ranging from kitguns to corpus tech. Noticeably absent is any sort of Orokin or Tenno weaponry. 

4 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak stepped into the beam, as if stepping off a ledge.  Several seconds later, she landed at the bottom, on her bottom, feeling somewhat shaken and also a bit silly.  She shuffled out onto solid ground and took several deep breaths, and Kaciliuis found her sitting there when he came down the lift.

As Kaciliuis enters the shop you can see the door with the stone skull above it open. A man in a Scrambus suit emerges, limping heavily and carrying an unidentifiable object of Orokin make. He notices you and clutches the device closer, hand resting on a Detron at his hip. His eyes have a haunted, shell shocked look to them.

As he passes you can see a Sheev buried in his leg. There is a symbol on the blade that matches the one on his shoulder.

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Safety equipment.  First priority.  Anak's suit could deal with bodily wastes and recycle some of them for water, but it was no space suit.  An oxygen mask would be needed.  And climbing equipment.  And Floater needed trim adjustments for lunar gravity.

32 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As Kaciliuis enters the shop you can see the door with the stone skull above it open. A man in a Scrambus suit emerges, limping heavily and carrying an unidentifiable object of Orokin make. He notices you and clutches the device closer, hand resting on a Detron at his hip. His eyes have a haunted, shell shocked look to them.

As he passes you can see a Sheev buried in his leg. There is a symbol on the blade that matches the one on his shoulder.

Anak looked at the man with her head slightly tilted.  He'd obviously been attacked, but weren't the Depths supposed to be a lifeless wasteland?
"Who attacked you?" she asked.  It was perhaps a bit overly direct, and only afterward did it occur to her that she might have at least asked the fellow's name.

17 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Safety equipment.  First priority.  Anak's suit could deal with bodily wastes and recycle some of them for water, but it was no space suit.  An oxygen mask would be needed.  And climbing equipment.  And Floater needed trim adjustments for lunar gravity.

Anak looked at the man with her head slightly tilted.  He'd obviously been attacked, but weren't the Depths supposed to be a lifeless wasteland?
"Who attacked you?" she asked.  It was perhaps a bit overly direct, and only afterward did it occur to her that she might have at least asked the fellow's name.

The man glares at you for a second, before flashing an obscene gesture and stepping into the lift. He quickly rises out of view. 

”The Depths aren’t exactly civilized.” Idri says through the drone. “There are a lot of.... disagreements over the division of spoils. Not all of them are pretty. Shots are fired, people go missing... No one likes it, but we can’t spare the resources to patrol it. So... be careful who you trust.”

”Here’s a tip” 

As Kacilius walked into Alarik's Arsenal he saw the Corpus from earlier. "Oh, you're here as well. How are you, and what's your name?"

41 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The man glares at you for a second, before flashing an obscene gesture and stepping into the lift. He quickly rises out of view. 

”The Depths aren’t exactly civilized.” Idri says through the drone. “There are a lot of.... disagreements over the division of spoils. Not all of them are pretty. Shots are fired, people go missing... No one likes it, but we can’t spare the resources to patrol it. So... be careful who you trust.”

The Scrambus was definitely ticked off and traumatized, so Kacilius silently let the man pass. "If that's the case, hopefully nothing like that happens to us." He looked at Anak and the Corpus quizzingly.

”Suppose I should give you a tip then as well.” He says, pushing the weapon and attachment towards you. “You see a pit full of bones down there... you stick to the solid ground. There something under the bones. Saw it pull a Meridian Bombard under in a heartbeat. I can still hear the screams, the sound of bones snapping.”

"Hello, I assume you are Alarik? I'm here for adventuring, and I would like to see some of your wares."

29 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Anak considered this for a moment, and added another item to her mental list of Things To Do Before Depth-Diving.
"I'm going for supplies.  After that, is there somewhere I can go to train on my own, like a fireproof room or a spare landing pad?"

13 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You can see fallen piles of rubble crudely carved into shielded shelves containing all manner of mining equipment and more than a few weapons ranging from kitguns to corpus tech. Noticeably absent is any sort of Orokin or Tenno weaponry. 

“Wow...”

He takes the Lanka and the attachment.

He would shudder slightly as he fixes the attachment to his MOA

”I best be off then” 

He makes his way for the exit, The MOA hobbling behind him,

16 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

As Kacilius walked into Alarik's Arsenal he saw the Corpus from earlier. "Oh, you're here as well. How are you, and what's your name?"

The Scrambus was definitely ticked off and traumatized, so Kacilius silently let the man pass. "If that's the case, hopefully nothing like that happens to us." He looked at Anak and the Corpus quizzingly.

"Hello, I assume you are Alarik? I'm here for adventuring, and I would like to see some of your wares."

Alarik flashes a smile. 

“Well there ain’t no charge for looking so go ahead.” He says, gesturing to the shelves. “Of course if you are looking for something in particular best course it to ask. Stores a little disorganized at the moment.”

16 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak considered this for a moment, and added another item to her mental list of Things To Do Before Depth-Diving.
"I'm going for supplies.  After that, is there somewhere I can go to train on my own, like a fireproof room or a spare landing pad?"

“Morrison’s should have basic supplies.” Idri says, floating towards the door with a gilded helmet over it. “Unfortunately all training rooms are reserved for House Tanis contracted security personnel. Weapons fire is prohibited on the landing pads to prevent accidents.”

4 hours ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

“Wow...”

He takes the Lanka and the attachment.

He would shudder slightly as he fixes the attachment to his MOA

”I best be off then” 

He makes his way for the exit, The MOA hobbling behind him,

Alarik nods, now paying attention to the new customer. 

Seven is talking to the Heavy Nullifiers outside the departure door.

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Alarik flashes a smile. 

“Well there ain’t no charge for looking so go ahead.” He says, gesturing to the shelves. “Of course if you are looking for something in particular best course it to ask. Stores a little disorganized at the moment.”

Looking around, Kacilius saw that the store was disorganized. He looked around for anything interesting, like weapons or navigation tech.

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Morrison’s should have basic supplies.” Idri says, floating towards the door with a gilded helmet over it. “Unfortunately all training rooms are reserved for House Tanis contracted security personnel. Weapons fire is prohibited on the landing pads to prevent accidents.”

He facepalmed. "I forgot to bring extra supplies. I'll also need to stop by at Morrison's." I can't believe I forgot. "I'll need squad restores, maybe some ammo packs and some extra nutrient paste in case I want a snack."

9 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Looking around, Kacilius saw that the store was disorganized. He looked around for anything interesting, like weapons or navigation tech.

He facepalmed. "I forgot to bring extra supplies. I'll also need to stop by at Morrison's." I can't believe I forgot. "I'll need squad restores, maybe some ammo packs and some extra nutrient paste in case I want a snack."

There is a smattering of weapons, mostly pre-made kitguns and a few Corpus models, like the Lanka and Dera, nothing too fancy. 

There are a few modules on the shelves, though it is impossible to see their function without examining them further.

Alarik sits patiently waiting for you to ask for help.

The drone closest to you pipes up. 

“Morrison’s should have nutrient paste, and ammo.” Idri says. “As for squad restores, we would have to ask.”

”I got some squad ammo restores.” Alarik says. “One thousand credits a piece. Limit of five per customer though.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There is a smattering of weapons, mostly pre-made kitguns and a few Corpus models, like the Lanka and Dera, nothing too fancy. 

There are a few modules on the shelves, though it is impossible to see their function without examining them further.

Alarik sits patiently waiting for you to ask for help.

The drone closest to you pipes up. 

“Morrison’s should have nutrient paste, and ammo.” Idri says. “As for squad restores, we would have to ask.”

”I got some squad ammo restores.” Alarik says. “One thousand credits a piece. Limit of five per customer though.”

"I'll take the ammo restores." Kacilius said, sliding the credit chips onto the counter. "Can I see the kitguns and modules on the shelves? I actually haven't tried kitguns out, and I've heard they outclass other guns if built properly."

1 minute ago, EpicdudeX said:

"I'll take the ammo restores." Kacilius said, sliding the credit chips onto the counter. "Can I see the kitguns and modules on the shelves? I actually haven't tried kitguns out, and I've heard they outclass other guns if built properly."

Alarik slides over a pack of five medium ammo restores. 

“What sort of kitgun are you looking for?” He asks, bringing up a digital menu. “I’ve got just about everything. Grips, stocks, chambers. Got two pre-made models if you are interested as well.

He scratches his head. 

“As for the modules. Well those are for a sentinel. Their experimental too. The gold one is for the Helios. It analyzes structural integrity of rock formations and beams em to your HUD, or whatever you Tenno use. Green means it’ll hold. Yellow means you can jump on it, but be ready to jump off, red means it’ll crumble the moment you touch it.” He says. “Silver one adds a mining beam. Takes forever and only works with a carbarus or Deth Machine. The bronze one is a universal. Fits on any sentinel and uses them as a relay to boost signal range.”

He glances at Vampkitty. 

”I’ve got a transmitter you could mount to your little friends back.” He says. “Could jury rig the mod to fit. Don’t know how they’d feel about lugging around a heavy piece of machinery though.”

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Alarik slides over a pack of five medium ammo restores. 

“What sort of kitgun are you looking for?” He asks, bringing up a digital menu. “I’ve got just about everything. Grips, stocks, chambers. Got two pre-made models if you are interested as well.

He scratches his head. 

“As for the modules. Well those are for a sentinel. Their experimental too. The gold one is for the Helios. It analyzes structural integrity of rock formations and beams em to your HUD, or whatever you Tenno use. Green means it’ll hold. Yellow means you can jump on it, but be ready to jump off, red means it’ll crumble the moment you touch it.” He says. “Silver one adds a mining beam. Takes forever and only works with a carbarus or Deth Machine. The bronze one is a universal. Fits on any sentinel and uses them as a relay to boost signal range.”

He glances at Vampkitty. 

”I’ve got a transmitter you could mount to your little friends back.” He says. “Could jury rig the mod to fit. Don’t know how they’d feel about lugging around a heavy piece of machinery though.”

"Thanks for the ammo restores. As for kitguns, I have absolutely no idea what I want though, so if you can give me some recommendations, it would be great." (I actually haven't touched kitguns yet, and I actually need advice XD) "I'll also take a look at the two pre-mades as well." Looking at Vampkitty, Kacilius quickly visualized how well it would fit and work. "Um... Vampkitty won't really like that. If there's a clear signal from here to the landing pad, I can teleport my Moa here." (Reference to companion teleportation ingame)

56 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Thanks for the ammo restores. As for kitguns, I have absolutely no idea what I want though, so if you can give me some recommendations, it would be great." (I actually haven't touched kitguns yet, and I actually need advice XD) "I'll also take a look at the two pre-mades as well." Looking at Vampkitty, Kacilius quickly visualized how well it would fit and work. "Um... Vampkitty won't really like that. If there's a clear signal from here to the landing pad, I can teleport my Moa here." (Reference to companion teleportation ingame)

“Can’t be much help there.” Alarik says. “I don’t touch the things myself. I prefer the classics.” 

He pats the Opticor next to him. 

”When it comes to modular weapons your guess is as good as mine. The premades seem pretty popular. Got a Gaze with added magazine capacity and a rifle grip, and a Catchoon with a pistol grip and fire rate boost.” He says. “As for your Moa, there is a drop pad outside the door to the right of here. Should be close enough for a signal.”

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Can’t be much help there.” Alarik says. “I don’t touch the things myself. I prefer the classics.” 

He pats the Opticor next to him. 

”When it comes to modular weapons your guess is as good as mine. The premades seem pretty popular. Got a Gaze with added magazine capacity and a rifle grip, and a Catchoon with a pistol grip and fire rate boost.” He says. “As for your Moa, there is a drop pad outside the door to the right of here. Should be close enough for a signal.”

"Hmm. Is there a way I can test them out first? I'll pay the cost for firing them and depending on if I like them or not, I'll buy them. I'm going to head out first and call my Moa." Kacilius replied as he walked out the door. Locating the drop pad, he sent a signal to his Landing Craft to teleport his Moa to his location. A short burst of light later, Mech of Annihilation stood on the pad. "Alright, you're here. Let's get you outfitted with a module. We might need that if we're so far down in The Depths." He returned to the store, with M.O.A. following closely behind. (I'll abbreviate his name to make it easier) "Well, M.O.A.'s here. Let's how well it will work."

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Anak walked through the door...
(gonna wait to see what's on the other side of the door before I post further)

Archived