Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)

Rakawan

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

He would stop here.

Left, Right or Center

The Left tunnel leads underground, Most likely into caves and Buried Ruins, And treasure. 

Treasure leads to Greed, Id rather die than take that route.

The Right route was Even, Most likely more caverns, Caves, Ruins and treasure.

I shall not take the Right route, Exactly the same as the left route.

He Glances at the Middle route.

Upwards, Enemies to battle, Large open areas...Perfect.

He would trudge towards the Middle tunnel. He calls Jacket

”Come on boy” 

The MOA would follow behind him.

The gently sloping tunnels only moves up a short distance before leveling out. After a few minutes you emerge into... 

A slight larger cavern dotted with glowing white roots and smaller tunnel entrances. 

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The gently sloping tunnels only moves up a short distance before leveling out. After a few minutes you emerge into... 

A slight larger cavern dotted with glowing white roots and smaller tunnel entrances. 

A Cavern

There were many Tunnel entrances, Some lead up, Some lead down, Some were level.

Continue Going up.

Before he Could decide, Jacket Ran into One of the Sloped tunnels ahead, Running up.

He would Immediately Tail his MOA, Who was making excited Sounds. The sound would Echo Throughout the Tunnels. 

19 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“That’s the thing.” Haleen says. “No one seems to remember her. It’s like all the records just vanished.”

Hozen says nothing until the door opens and you step into a massive circular room. There are four other hallways spaced evenly around the edge, the space between them filled with alcoves home to various Artisans and their projects. 

“The beam of light in the center is a fully functional gravity lift.” Hozen says. “It leads directly to the first floor. Which reminds me, are you here for business, or adventure?”

"Both" He says "In a way, I'm more here for Business first but I won't mind getting my hands dirty, tho I will shy away from an obvious death trap" He perks a brow "This place is amazing" 

8 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Interesting. I won't bother you for any more details, but it seems like it's better than working for the Corpus. Oh, and when I said packets, I meant nutrient paste. I'll take three health packs then." Kacilius placed the credits on the counter. "How much do the nutrient paste packets cost?"

“Fifty credits a packet.” She says. “Plus the energy restores and health picks that comes to twelve thousand, two hundred, and fifty credits.”

5 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Masks, filters... Apparently there was dust out there that was better not inhaled.  Anak knew there was air on Lua, at least in some places; she'd heard that Grineer typically deployed there in standard shipboard gear, which did not always include an oxygen supply.

Ropes, she definitely needed that.  "Depths" definitely meant lots of vertical.  Ooh, crampons... too small for her boots though.  Oh well.  Nutrient paste... Not the Grineer kind, hopefully...

She jabbed a thumb into her ocular implant, and the drone floating above her went Beep! and fell out of the air.  She caught it, and put it in a corner near the door.  "I hope it's okay if I leave this here for a bit?  The trim is a bit off, so it'll scratch itself up on the ceiling if I let it go."

And of course, there was the real issue: if she'd had enough credits to buy a full set of proper supplies, she wouldn't have come here to make credits.  Maybe she could just look for Orokin artifacts in places that were easy to get to... no, anywhere easy would probably be stripped clean by now.  Rahm.

“I have no objection.” Sam says. “But don’t blame me if someone swipes it.” 

She notices your hesitation. 

“I don’t work with Grineer much, but Steel Meridian freelancers seem to like the one on the end.” She says. “It may look a little unwieldy but the seals are good and the filters last forever. Still waiting to sell a replacement set.”

The mask in question costs two thousand credits and looks like a standard Grineer full-face mask with an added hazmat attachment built in. It also has a mourning point for an air hose. 

“Modified the hose mount to make it universal.” Sam says. “Should work with any air tank in the store. T100 is the cheapest. Only one thousand credits and it’s good for up to four hours of air. Only downside is the lack of corrosion resistant seals. After about a year, or five minutes in anything acidic, you’ll need to replace it.”

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

A Cavern

There were many Tunnel entrances, Some lead up, Some lead down, Some were level.

Continue Going up.

Before he Could decide, Jacket Ran into One of the Sloped tunnels ahead, Running up.

He would Immediately Tail his MOA, Who was making excited Sounds. The sound would Echo Throughout the Tunnels. 

The tunnel continues upwards before evening out and opening to an absolutely massive chasm. The sides are dotted with miniature caverns, and small out toppings. They look solid enough to take a grappling spike, or a harpoon. 

Instead of a floor the chasm instead empties into open space. You can see the next level of the Lunar crust what seems like miles below. A fall would clearly be fatal, and afford plenty of time to reminisce about ones mistakes.

The outcropping in which you stand seems relatively solid. 

8 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

"Both" He says "In a way, I'm more here for Business first but I won't mind getting my hands dirty, tho I will shy away from an obvious death trap" He perks a brow "This place is amazing" 

“But death traps are fun.” Haleen says. 

Hozen clears his throat. 

“Any idea what sort of business you are looking to conduct.” He says. “House Tanis Has an excellent selection of decorative items in authentic Orokin style.”

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

“Fifty credits a packet.” She says. “Plus the energy restores and health picks that comes to twelve thousand, two hundred, and fifty credits.”

(I won't lie, I actually had to do the math XD)

"Here you go." Kacilius handed Sam the amount she requested. "Oh, and here's a tip." He pulled out 30 Platinum. "I will say, your place is nicer than Alarik's. Don't tell him though."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

She jabbed a thumb into her ocular implant, and the drone floating above her went Beep! and fell out of the air.  She caught it, and put it in a corner near the door.  "I hope it's okay if I leave this here for a bit?  The trim is a bit off, so it'll scratch itself up on the ceiling if I let it go."

(This is supposed to be for @UnremarkableUsername, but I'm not sure if the forums allow cross page quoting.)

"If you want, I can help make sure your drone doesn't fly off."

18 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

(I won't lie, I actually had to do the math XD)

"Here you go." Kacilius handed Sam the amount she requested. "Oh, and here's a tip." He pulled out 30 Platinum. "I will say, your place is nicer than Alarik's. Don't tell him though."

(This is supposed to be for @UnremarkableUsername, but I'm not sure if the forums allow cross page quoting.)

Sam glances at the Platinum and then at Anak. She leans in. 

“You didn’t hear this from me.” She said “but...”

”....When you go through the breach there is a tunnel on the right.” She whispers. About halfway down you’ll find a boulder. There is a crawl space behind it. It leads to a particularly treacherous patch of ground. I’m talking rocks that crumble the moment you look at them. No one has every made it across but a few people say they could see something glimmering at the end. Something gold.”

She stands back up. 

”Anything else I can get you?” She asks. 

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Sam glances at the Platinum and then at Anak. She leans in. 

“You didn’t hear this from me.” She said but....”

[spoiler] “....When you go through the breach there is a tunnel on the right.” She whispers. About halfway down you’ll find a boulder. There is a crawl space behind it. It leads to a particularly treacherous patch of ground. I’m talking rocks that crumble the moment you look at them. No one has every made it across but a few people say they could see something glimmering at the end. Something gold.” [/spoiler] 

She stands back up. 

”Anything else I can get you?” She asks. 

(Ok, I was not bribing, but I'll take the info XD Also, you might need to change to formatting.)

Kacilius silently nodded. He looked at Anak to make sure she didn't hear Sam's "tip".

“Modified the hose mount to make it universal.” Sam says. “Should work with any air tank in the store. T100 is the cheapest. Only one thousand credits and it’s good for up to four hours of air. Only downside is the lack of corrosion resistant seals. After about a year, or five minutes in anything acidic, you’ll need to replace it.”

Still too expensive.
Well then.  Maybe no supplies yet, but she could do one thing.  She turned back toward the inactive drone...

49 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Oh.  Thanks.  I just need a screwdriver for that though."
What had Sam said to him?

30 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“But death traps are fun.” Haleen says. 

Hozen clears his throat. 

“Any idea what sort of business you are looking to conduct.” He says. “House Tanis Has an excellent selection of decorative items in authentic Orokin style.”

"Death traps are fun, but I rather not die, by it yeah?" He says, chuckling "Selling Orokin Tech, Weapons,House Items, you name it and once I get approval, tho I gotta ask, what about Sentient?" He asks

46 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The tunnel continues upwards before evening out and opening to an absolutely massive chasm. The sides are dotted with miniature caverns, and small out toppings. They look solid enough to take a grappling spike, or a harpoon. 

Instead of a floor the chasm instead empties into open space. You can see the next level of the Lunar crust what seems like miles below. A fall would clearly be fatal, and afford plenty of time to reminisce about ones mistakes.

The outcropping in which you stand seems relatively solid. 

He would Look down at the Lunar crust below. 

That’s a very, very deep drop.

He would look up, Looking down any longer would just make him more nervous.

He glances at a nearby cave and gets an idea. 

He moves to Jacket, And climbs onto his back. The MOA Would Crumple slightly.

He points to one of the Rocks on the Outside of the cave entrance.

”Shoot” 

The MOA Shoots the Harpoon to the Rock indicated. 

He jumps for the Rope of the harpoon, Grabbing onto it before climbing onto it, Balancing like a tight rope walker. 

The harpoon would Lodge itself into the stone.

he would Move up the the rope, Wobbling. He looks down, Feeling rather I’ll. He then quickly Looks ahead, Ignoring the drop. 

He would clamber into the Cave.

The MOA Would try to Remove the Harpoon, Wriggling it around. Abruptly, The MOA was pulled across the Chasm, Before it smashes its head into the rock wall.

”JACKET!” 

The proxy would Jog to the edge, and would look down.

Jacket would lay their, Lifeless. Hanging on barely by the Harpoon.

”Wuuur” 

sparks flew from his head, Lighting up that section of the chasm.

The MOA Would awaken now, But this time he was different....The light blue light had now turned a Dark shade of red....

”Jacket?” The Proxy asks.

Jacket would move his head to Tecchy, Staring up at him...And Would then dislodge the harpoon. He would fall quite a way down, But would still Be in view.

”JACKEEEEEET!” The proxy would scream, Watching his friend fall to his demise.

The MOA Launches the Harpoon again, This time it headed towards the Proxy. 

The Proxy would Hit his head against the stone in grief, He had lost his friend, A special bond he had for a long time...

SPLINCH!

The Harpoon dug into Tecchys shoulder. He would let out An unsettling scream, Which bounced off of the Chasm walls.

He would begin slipping, The MOAs weight pulling him down.  And just to make his day worse, Or better depending on how you view it, The ground gives way underneath him...

16 hours ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

He would Look down at the Lunar crust below. 

That’s a very, very deep drop.

He would look up, Looking down any longer would just make him more nervous.

He glances at a nearby cave and gets an idea. 

He moves to Jacket, And climbs onto his back. The MOA Would Crumple slightly.

He points to one of the Rocks on the Outside of the cave entrance.

”Shoot” 

The MOA Shoots the Harpoon to the Rock indicated. 

He jumps for the Rope of the harpoon, Grabbing onto it before climbing onto it, Balancing like a tight rope walker. 

The harpoon would Lodge itself into the stone.

he would Move up the the rope, Wobbling. He looks down, Feeling rather I’ll. He then quickly Looks ahead, Ignoring the drop. 

He would clamber into the Cave.

The MOA Would try to Remove the Harpoon, Wriggling it around. Abruptly, The MOA was pulled across the Chasm, Before it smashes its head into the rock wall.

”JACKET!” 

The proxy would Jog to the edge, and would look down.

Jacket would lay their, Lifeless. Hanging on barely by the Harpoon.

”Wuuur” 

sparks flew from his head, Lighting up that section of the chasm.

The MOA Would awaken now, But this time he was different....The light blue light had now turned a Dark shade of red....

”Jacket?” The Proxy asks.

Jacket would move his head to Tecchy, Staring up at him...And Would then dislodge the harpoon. He would fall quite a way down, But would still Be in view.

”JACKEEEEEET!” The proxy would scream, Watching his friend fall to his demise.

The MOA Launches the Harpoon again, This time it headed towards the Proxy. 

The Proxy would Hit his head against the stone in grief, He had lost his friend, A special bond he had for a long time...

SPLINCH!

The Harpoon dug into Tecchys shoulder. He would let out An unsettling scream, Which bounced off of the Chasm walls.

He would begin slipping, The MOAs weight pulling him down.  And just to make his day worse, Or better depending on how you view it, The ground gives way underneath him...

Tar’rok watched the crewman and proxy fall to their death. A pity really. He had almost made it in time to loot the bodies. 

He shrugged and lifted his Harpak. Det Arca may have escaped with the relic, but there would be others. Until then he was very curious what lay on the other side of this chasm. 

16 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

"Death traps are fun, but I rather not die, by it yeah?" He says, chuckling "Selling Orokin Tech, Weapons,House Items, you name it and once I get approval, tho I gotta ask, what about Sentient?" He asks

“You’ll want to talk to the Steward the .” Haleen says, flying off towards an ornately dressed man who is currently berating a fellow in a rather revealing, if still modest, robe. 

”While we wait do you have any questions about House Tanis?” Hozen asks. “I would be more than happy to offer any information I can.”

16 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

(Ok, I was not bribing, but I'll take the info XD Also, you might need to change to formatting.)

Kacilius silently nodded. He looked at Anak to make sure she didn't hear Sam's "tip".

16 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Still too expensive.
Well then.  Maybe no supplies yet, but she could do one thing.  She turned back toward the inactive drone...

"Oh.  Thanks.  I just need a screwdriver for that though."
What had Sam said to him?

Sam notices Anak’s hesitation and the lack of safety gear.

“Tell you what.” She says. “Since you are a big spender I’ll toss in a free pair of masks and two air tanks for you two.”

She grabs one of the Grineer masks she suggested and a smaller one that seemed designed for a child, or an Operator, and places them and a pair of T100 air tanks on the counter. 

“No charge.” She says. “Only thing I ask is if you come across a dead body bring me back whatever safety gear you can salvage.”

38 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“You’ll want to talk to the Steward the .” Haleen says, flying off towards an ornately dressed man who is currently berating a fellow in a rather revealing, if still modest, robe. 

”While we wait do you have any questions about House Tanis?” Hozen asks. “I would be more than happy to offer any information I can.”

He perks a brow, looking over to the fellow "Yeah, I have one" He says, looking back "I'll like to get the basic house rules and law, I kown it may sound obvious but I'm a man who takes pride in not breaking the law" He takes another glance over, he is curious who this guy is berating   

17 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He perks a brow, looking over to the fellow "Yeah, I have one" He says, looking back "I'll like to get the basic house rules and law, I kown it may sound obvious but I'm a man who takes pride in not breaking the law" He takes another glance over, he is curious who this guy is berating   

“The rules are quite simple.” Hozen says. 

The drone projects a list of rules before it. Most seem pretty obvious “do not murder, do not steal, etc.”

A few appear more interesting, prohibitions on “‘diving’ in the gravity lift”, “pranks involving sentient material”, “conducting weapons research and development” and “bribery”.

There is also a list of inadmissible actions, such as disturbing the Artisans. 

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“The rules are quite simple.” Hozen says. 

The drone projects a list of rules before it. Most seem pretty obvious “do not murder, do not steal, etc.”

A few appear more interesting, prohibitions on “‘diving’ in the gravity lift”, “pranks involving sentient material”, “conducting weapons research and development” and “bribery”.

There is also a list of inadmissible actions, such as disturbing the Artisans. 

"Simple rules to follow, although I can't help but be confused on how someone whuold be diving into the Grav-Lift enough to make it a rule, who'd be dumb enough to do that?" he chuckles to himself "Sentient Material, alright gonna be careful with that I guess" He nods and looks to him "Fair Enough, so second I need to ask, is well, where will I go to set up shop and house myself?"

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

"Simple rules to follow, although I can't help but be confused on how someone whuold be diving into the Grav-Lift enough to make it a rule, who'd be dumb enough to do that?" he chuckles to himself "Sentient Material, alright gonna be careful with that I guess" He nods and looks to him "Fair Enough, so second I need to ask, is well, where will I go to set up shop and house myself?"

“Only individuals who are part of House Tanis are allowed to set up shop.” Hozen says. “As a guest you are welcome to barter with the artisan’s, so long as you do not prove an annoyance.”

Haleen finishes her conversation with the man in the gilded robes and turns to head back towards you. 

“If you wish to join House Tanis I am sure a meeting with the Master can be.... arranged.“ Hozen says.

56 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Only individuals who are part of House Tanis are allowed to set up shop.” Hozen says. “As a guest you are welcome to barter with the artisan’s, so long as you do not prove an annoyance.”

Haleen finishes her conversation with the man in the gilded robes and turns to head back towards you. 

“If you wish to join House Tanis I am sure a meeting with the Master can be.... arranged.“ Hozen says.

"Hum, I won't mind a meeting with the House, but first of all, is there a place I can stay, like a Guest room?" He asks "I can still use the ship as my own portable room, but I#ll rather pay for such" He looks over to Haleen "Everything alright?"

A White Golden liset would gently Drop onto the landing pad, It’s colour almost blinding. The door would Slip open, And an Talk figure elegantly emerged from it. An Octavia, Laced with Gold and purple Stood tall at the bottom.

Namesh would look to one of the Nullifiers standing guard. “Make sure nothing happens to it, or that pathetic job of yours will be lost” The last time somebody had let a peasant Damage her ship, she had them fired in a heartbeat.

She stood idle infront of the Door.“I don’t have all day, You know” She spoke in her soft, elegant voice.

Ryoko watches the event unfold on his HUD. The security cameras streaming directly to his feed. Watching the Steward berate Ten Pau was one thing, but this... this looks much more amusing. 

He rolls his shoulders and makes his way towards the hallway.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

A White Golden liset would gently Drop onto the landing pad, It’s colour almost blinding. The door would Slip open, And an Talk figure elegantly emerged from it. An Octavia, Laced with Gold and purple Stood tall at the bottom.

Namesh would look to one of the Nullifiers standing guard. “Make sure nothing happens to it, or that pathetic job of yours will be lost” The last time somebody had let a peasant Damage her ship, she had them fired in a heartbeat.

She stood idle infront of the Door.“I don’t have all day, You know” She spoke in her soft, elegant voice.

The door opens to reveal a rather soartan looking Frost Prime, equipped with the Jotun helmet. 

“My apologies.” He said. “Our Cephalon guide is currently occupied. I will be conducting your tour personally.”

He bows. 

“As chief agent of Master Tanis allow me to welcome to you the Golden Spire.” He says. “If you will follow me I will show around.”

He turns and heads into the hallway, glancing over his shoulder. 

“As for your ship, the Nullifiers are slaved to the Neural Sentry, like all of our Corrupted, and follow a strict set of precepts.” He says. “Preservation of guest’s property is, unfortunately not one of them.”

50 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

"Hum, I won't mind a meeting with the House, but first of all, is there a place I can stay, like a Guest room?" He asks "I can still use the ship as my own portable room, but I#ll rather pay for such" He looks over to Haleen "Everything alright?"

“The Steward will be over shortly.” Haleen says. “I hope Hozen didn’t bore you to death with his recitation of our history.”

”We did not cover that.” Hozen says. “He was asking about lodging.”

He turns back to you. 

“House Tanis does offer lodging for those engaged in... extended negotiations. However I should warn you it is not cheap. Those who have working contracts are, of course, provided with more spartan housing. Though, as with all things Orokin, this far more luxurious than most.”

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

“The Steward will be over shortly.” Haleen says. “I hope Hozen didn’t bore you to death with his recitation of our history.”

”We did not cover that.” Hozen says. “He was asking about lodging.”

He turns back to you. 

“House Tanis does offer lodging for those engaged in... extended negotiations. However I should warn you it is not cheap. Those who have working contracts are, of course, provided with more spartan housing. Though, as with all things Orokin, this far more luxurious than most.”

"Hurm, I'll have a look then" He says "Hum, I'm always interested into history of the Orokin, to be fair"

39 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Ryoko watches the event unfold on his HUD. The security cameras streaming directly to his feed. Watching the Steward berate Ten Pau was one thing, but this... this looks much more amusing. 

He rolls his shoulders and makes his way towards the hallway.

The door opens to reveal a rather soartan looking Frost Prime, equipped with the Jotun helmet. 

“My apologies.” He said. “Our Cephalon guide is currently occupied. I will be conducting your tour personally.”

He bows. 

“As chief agent of Master Tanis allow me to welcome to you the Golden Spire.” He says. “If you will follow me I will show around.”

He turns and heads into the hallway, glancing over his shoulder. 

“As for your ship, the Nullifiers are slaved to the Neural Sentry, like all of our Corrupted, and follow a strict set of precepts.” He says. “Preservation of guest’s property is, unfortunately not one of them.”

She tails him silently, Reluctant to reply to anything he said. Why should she waste her energy speaking to such a lowlife.

maybe I should be more talkative, although I may not enjoy talking to these “peasants” 

”Orokin architecture, I presume this Place will be up to standard, Pardon me for asking, Do you have any rooms here, if so...I’ll take the best one you have...” 

Archived