Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)

Rakawan

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

She tails him silently, Reluctant to reply to anything he said. Why should she waste her energy speaking to such a lowlife.

maybe I should be more talkative, although I may not enjoy talking to these “peasants” 

”Orokin architecture, I presume this Place will be up to standard, Pardon me for asking, Do you have any rooms here, if so...I’ll take the best one you have...” 

“The Spire has stood the rest of time, though certain rooms do show their age.” The Arbiter says. “I find it gives the place a homely charm. As for lodging, I’m afraid that privilege is reserved for contracted workers and those here on extended business.”

He waves his hand to open the door at the end of the hallway. 

“On that note, may I inquire as to the reason for your arrival?” He asks. “I would assume business, as you do not look suited to the rigors of the life of a scavenger.”

28 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

"Hurm, I'll have a look then" He says "Hum, I'm always interested into history of the Orokin, to be fair"

“Unfortunately not much of our history is known.” Hozen says. “What we can say for certain is that our founder Miriam Tanis, was dedicated to improving the quality of life of those the Orokin has a habit of overlooking. House Tanis was known for its prosthetics, and quality of life improvements. Many of the devices used by colonists have their origin in something produced by our great house before the Collapse.”

The drone tilts back and forth, as if shaking its head. 

“Zaeed Aegis, I presume.” Another voice says, this one sounding very regal. “A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am the Steward of House Tanis. I understand you were looking to conduct business with us.”

The man before you is clad in a robe so gilded it is almost impossible to see what kind of fabric it was originally woven from. The steward looks middle aged, and those with keen eyes would notice faded Corpus markings on his face.

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“The Spire has stood the rest of time, though certain rooms do show their age.” The Arbiter says. “I find it gives the place a homely charm. As for lodging, I’m afraid that privilege is reserved for contracted workers and those here on extended business.”

He waves his hand to open the door at the end of the hallway. 

“On that note, may I inquire as to the reason for your arrival?” He asks. “I would assume business, as you do not look suited to the rigors of the life of a scavenger.”

“I bring fine wares from across the starchart, Ayatan stars, Sculptures, The finest ores from The miserable Fortuna, Delicious fish from Cetus. Only the best of the best”  Namesh says.

She Moves ahead elegantly.

“I was hoping to set up shop here, If that’s possible, Of course.”

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

“I bring fine wares from across the starchart, Ayatan stars, Sculptures, The finest ores from The miserable Fortuna, Delicious fish from Cetus. Only the best of the best”  Namesh says.

She Moves ahead elegantly.

“I was hoping to set up shop here, If that’s possible, Of course.”

“A few of our Artisans may be interested in the stars.” The Arbiter says. “It will be some time till our next shipment. As for the ores and fish, I am afraid we have plenty of both at the moment.” He says. “As far a setting up shop goes, that would require a labor contract. Only contracted vendors and members are allowed to open shops.”

You emerge into a large circular room with four other spaced out like the spikes of a wheel. The alcoves between are home to Artisans working on various Orokin widgets.

55 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Unfortunately not much of our history is known.” Hozen says. “What we can say for certain is that our founder Miriam Tanis, was dedicated to improving the quality of life of those the Orokin has a habit of overlooking. House Tanis was known for its prosthetics, and quality of life improvements. Many of the devices used by colonists have their origin in something produced by our great house before the Collapse.”

The drone tilts back and forth, as if shaking its head. 

“Zaeed Aegis, I presume.” Another voice says, this one sounding very regal. “A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am the Steward of House Tanis. I understand you were looking to conduct business with us.”

The man before you is clad in a robe so gilded it is almost impossible to see what kind of fabric it was originally woven from. The steward looks middle aged, and those with keen eyes would notice faded Corpus markings on his face.

He nods "Ah, not to worry, although if ya'll like help with that I'd be happy to try see if we can find old records of it, surely its gotta be somewhere" He says, he turns his head to the voice, he bos his head "It is a pleasure to meet you Steward, an fellow Corpus I see?, always happy to meet more allied outside the Board"  

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“A few of our Artisans may be interested in the stars.” The Arbiter says. “It will be some time till our next shipment. As for the ores and fish, I am afraid we have plenty of both at the moment.” He says. “As far a setting up shop goes, that would require a labor contract. Only contracted vendors and members are allowed to open shops.”

You emerge into a large circular room with four other spaced out like the spikes of a wheel. The alcoves between are home to Artisans working on various Orokin widgets.

“Such a shame, I assume this is the part where you leave me, If so I shall barter with the artisans.” 

She would look at the other rooms, Curious

”May I ask one more thing before you go?, Where is it possible to purchase mining supplies? My operatives are running short.” 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

“Such a shame, I assume this is the part where you leave me, If so I shall barter with the artisans.” 

She would look at the other rooms, Curious

”May I ask one more thing before you go?, Where is it possible to purchase mining supplies? My operatives are running short.” 

“That would be Alarik, down on the first floor.” The Arbiter says. “He’s a little disorganized so you’ll need to be precise on what you are looking for. If you need safety gear and Morrison can get you a good deal. I will be nearby if you require anything.”

He bows and departs. 

4 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He nods "Ah, not to worry, although if ya'll like help with that I'd be happy to try see if we can find old records of it, surely its gotta be somewhere" He says, he turns his head to the voice, he bos his head "It is a pleasure to meet you Steward, an fellow Corpus I see?, always happy to meet more allied outside the Board"  

“Ex-Corpus.” The Steward says. “I turned my back on Profit long ago. I now serve Master Tanis.”

He presses his fingers to a bracelet on his wrist. 

There is a flash of light and you find yourself in an ornate and luxurious office. 

“Please have a seat.” The Steward says. “I understand you have wares to sell.”

48 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Ex-Corpus.” The Steward says. “I turned my back on Profit long ago. I now serve Master Tanis.”

He presses his fingers to a bracelet on his wrist. 

There is a flash of light and you find yourself in an ornate and luxurious office. 

“Please have a seat.” The Steward says. “I understand you have wares to sell.”

He nods and takes a seat, he seems completely un-phased by the teleport "My thanks" He clears his throat "Yes, I have, quite a bit" He says, he opens his hand and his MOA opens up an display, big enough for the both of them, it has a wide list of items.

<Prime Weapons/Cosmetics & Artifacts, he also has random pieces of Warframe Prime parts, but very little, he Also seems to house a Void Broken Frame, in pieces, but it is listed as "Requires Study before Profit"><His wares also show Sentient Tech, such as weapons, Cores & Artifacts, but they are listed as "Exotic and under containment"> 

"As you can see I have quite the wide of wares, mostly all new and old Orokin Tech, but some of my wares are of Sentient, one of the wares is yet to be looked over, I am kinda toying and experimenting with it, as you can see"

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Sam notices Anak’s hesitation and the lack of safety gear.

“Tell you what.” She says. “Since you are a big spender I’ll toss in a free pair of masks and two air tanks for you two.”

She grabs one of the Grineer masks she suggested and a smaller one that seemed designed for a child, or an Operator, and places them and a pair of T100 air tanks on the counter. 

“No charge.” She says. “Only thing I ask is if you come across a dead body bring me back whatever safety gear you can salvage.”

"You got a deal."  Why was this feeling like Fortuna all over again?  "Can I borrow a screwdriver?  Not for the Depths, just for a few moments."

Anak whispered to Kacilius, "I guess we're working together?"

3 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"You got a deal."  Why was this feeling like Fortuna all over again?  "Can I borrow a screwdriver?  Not for the Depths, just for a few moments."

Kacilius shrugged. "I guess." He turned to Sam. "I'm going to head back to Alarik's to pick up M.O.A." He waved and walked back to Alarik's. Hopefully Alarik didn't do anything to M.O.A., otherwise he might have blood on his hands.

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“That would be Alarik, down on the first floor.” The Arbiter says. “He’s a little disorganized so you’ll need to be precise on what you are looking for. If you need safety gear and Morrison can get you a good deal. I will be nearby if you require anything.”

He bows and departs. 

She would prance towards the Beam, Standing silently as it took her down to the bottom floor.

”Ah..this must be where this Alarik is...” 

A smaller body would phase out of the suit, A women in a zanduka suit, Blonde hair and purple hair tips. She approaches The door with the pick axe above it. 

On 2020-09-05 at 5:18 AM, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

She would prance towards the Beam, Standing silently as it took her down to the bottom floor.

”Ah..this must be where this Alarik is...” 

A smaller body would phase out of the suit, A women in a zanduka suit, Blonde hair and purple hair tips. She approaches The door with the pick axe above it. 

As Kacilius approached Alarik's, he also noticed another Tenno Transference out of a purple and gold Octavia. He waved at the fellow Tenno. "Hello there! Are you here for adventuring as well?"

On 2020-09-06 at 7:25 PM, EpicdudeX said:

As Kacilius approached Alarik's, he also noticed another Tenno Transference out of a purple and gold Octavia. He waved at the fellow Tenno. "Hello there! Are you here for adventuring as well?"

She wouldn’t respond to such a uncivilised greeting. 

She prances Into the mining shop quietly.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

"Alright, guess they don't socialize often." Kacilius followed behind the Octavia into Alarik's. Either Kacilius would be able to take M.O.A. back safely or Alarik would be lifeless (or close) on the floor in the next minute.

On 2020-09-04 at 2:55 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

He nods and takes a seat, he seems completely un-phased by the teleport "My thanks" He clears his throat "Yes, I have, quite a bit" He says, he opens his hand and his MOA opens up an display, big enough for the both of them, it has a wide list of items.

<Prime Weapons/Cosmetics & Artifacts, he also has random pieces of Warframe Prime parts, but very little, he Also seems to house a Void Broken Frame, in pieces, but it is listed as "Requires Study before Profit"><His wares also show Sentient Tech, such as weapons, Cores & Artifacts, but they are listed as "Exotic and under containment"> 

"As you can see I have quite the wide of wares, mostly all new and old Orokin Tech, but some of my wares are of Sentient, one of the wares is yet to be looked over, I am kinda toying and experimenting with it, as you can see"

The Steward laces his fingers together and purses his lips. 

“Mr. Aegis, I am afraid you have been misled.” He says. “House Tanis does not engage in the research, development, or manufacture of weapons and Warframes. Our wares are designed and intended for peaceful and decorative use only.”

5 hours ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

Alarik set down the holopad as the Tenno pranced into his shop. The Arbiter’s warning was becoming clear. “Spoiled Princess incoming, be polite.”

“Screw that.” He thought. She didn’t have the authority to fire him. Neither did the Arbiter. His contract was with Seven whose contract was directly with Master Tanis, and somehow he doubted the Solaris rig jockey would have more patience than he did. 

14 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Alright, guess they don't socialize often." Kacilius followed behind the Octavia into Alarik's. Either Kacilius would be able to take M.O.A. back safely or Alarik would be lifeless (or close) on the floor in the next minute.

Alarik’s smile widened as he saw the other Tenno, the one who had left the Moa, enter behind the first Tenno. 

”Welcome back.” He said, addressing Kcailius and appearing to ignore the other Tenno. “Your Moa should be fully charged and ready to go.”

On 2020-09-04 at 3:13 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

“Of course.” Sam says. She reaches under the counter and pulls out a small case, carrying it over to you. The case opens to reveal a screwdriver with multiple attachments. From your time with the Solaris you can recognize a few tool tips are for proprietary Anyo Corp bolts.

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Steward laces his fingers together and purses his lips. 

“Mr. Aegis, I am afraid you have been misled.” He says. “House Tanis does not engage in the research, development, or manufacture of weapons and Warframes. Our wares are designed and intended for peaceful and decorative use only.”

He perks a brow, he has a gentle sigh, but not of disappointment, but mere of a exhale "I see, I was unaware of such, so my apologizes for that, if there is another place I can do my wares of Warfare then I'd be happy to do so, but I understand that House Tanis doesn't engage in such" He says with a clam tone "If otherwise not, I will see that I can work on other tasks, if there is anything more, ah say action-ee?"

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He perks a brow, he has a gentle sigh, but not of disappointment, but mere of a exhale "I see, I was unaware of such, so my apologizes for that, if there is another place I can do my wares of Warfare then I'd be happy to do so, but I understand that House Tanis doesn't engage in such" He says with a clam tone "If otherwise not, I will see that I can work on other tasks, if there is anything more, ah say action-ee?"

The Steward smiles. 

“I am given to understand exploring the Lunar Depths can be quite... exhilarating.” He says. “And of course House Tanis is willing to pay handsomely for any relics recovered from that place.” 

He rises to his feet. 

“The merchants on the first floor can get you outfitted if you require additional supplies.” He says.

38 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Alarik’s smile widened as he saw the other Tenno, the one who had left the Moa, enter behind the first Tenno. 

”Welcome back.” He said, addressing Kcailius and appearing to ignore the other Tenno. “Your Moa should be fully charged and ready to go.”

Whew. So nothing happened to M.O.A. Good. "Thanks for the charge. Take this," Kacilius said as he slid some credits to Alarik, "For letting me use the charging station. I know it's free, but I want you to have it." Disconnecting M.O.A., Kacilius ran a systems check and waited for Anak to finish her repairs on her drone.

Just now, Rakawan said:

The Steward smiles. 

“I am given to understand exploring the Lunar Depths can be quite... exhilarating.” He says. “And of course House Tanis is willing to pay handsomely for any relics recovered from that place.” 

He rises to his feet. 

“The merchants on the first floor can get you outfitted if you require additional supplies.” He says.

He nods "I will see to them and the Depths" He says with a smile, he like any normal gent whuold offer a handshake, he ponders for a moment, but then quickly traces off the thought "Lets see how the depths are, can't be any worse then the gas city depths or the freeze cold of Fortuna"  

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Of course.” Sam says. She reaches under the counter and pulls out a small case, carrying it over to you. The case opens to reveal a screwdriver with multiple attachments. From your time with the Solaris you can recognize a few tool tips are for proprietary Anyo Corp bolts.

"Thank you!"
Anak went and sat outside the door with the drone on her lap, breathing easier.  She was alone here, no one else to have to talk to, nothing to break her concentration.

She selected an ordinary flathead screwdriver from the case, inserted it into a gap between the drone's armor plates, turned it slightly, and poked at her ocular implant.  The drone rose quickly, and she caught it and pulled it back down.  Turned it the wrong way again.  Every damn time.  She turned the screwdriver the other way, and let the drone go.  It floated up about half a meter, then stopped.  Too far.

This continued for a few minutes more, slightly turning the screwdriver and letting the drone float, until she was satisfied.  She stood, cracked her knuckles, and went into Morrison's Masks to return the screwdrivers.

On 2020-09-08 at 8:56 AM, EpicdudeX said:

Whew. So nothing happened to M.O.A. Good. "Thanks for the charge. Take this," Kacilius said as he slid some credits to Alarik, "For letting me use the charging station. I know it's free, but I want you to have it." Disconnecting M.O.A., Kacilius ran a systems check and waited for Anak to finish her repairs on her drone.

Alarik takes the credits.

”My pleasure.” He says. 

16 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"Thank you!"
Anak went and sat outside the door with the drone on her lap, breathing easier.  She was alone here, no one else to have to talk to, nothing to break her concentration.

She selected an ordinary flathead screwdriver from the case, inserted it into a gap between the drone's armor plates, turned it slightly, and poked at her ocular implant.  The drone rose quickly, and she caught it and pulled it back down.  Turned it the wrong way again.  Every damn time.  She turned the screwdriver the other way, and let the drone go.  It floated up about half a meter, then stopped.  Too far.

This continued for a few minutes more, slightly turning the screwdriver and letting the drone float, until she was satisfied.  She stood, cracked her knuckles, and went into Morrison's Masks to return the screwdrivers.

Sam is tidying up a shelf when you arrive. She accepts the case back and hands you the Grineer Mask and air tank. 

“Should fit like a glove.” She says.

Archived