Jump to content

The Golden Spire (Open, IC)


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“That depends on where you want to go.” Haleen says. “I’m sure the Artisans would love to explain their work to someone as appreciative as you.”

One of the three bright dots, the only other one in the concourse, flares and then vanishes. You can feel a pulse of Void energy nearby.

In a spiral-snakey turn in mid-air, Vydraixenne hovers upright again and looks into the direction she felt the energy surge from. So she _had_ made the right deduction, that was satisfying. And yet she hadn't been fully correct either. Which was not too much of a bummer, it kept things interesting.

"I think meeting the people who are doing those void experiments would be exciting! Are those the Artisans?" She looked less to the ceiling now, and kept more of a lookout for the people around. An Artisan doing something interesting might just always be around the next corner.
"I'm interested in this place as a whole, really. The Depths, the Tower... if I could, I'd dissect the whole Moon." She sighs. "What's left of it, at least."

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak stopped, and let Floater continued slowly toward the light.

"Hey, I think I found something..." She half-turned around.  "Tenno?"  what was his name again?  "Kacilius?"
She turned around fully, looking back along the empty tunnel.

Oh sh*t...

Kacilius took his chance. As Anak walked by him, he squeezed himself behind the boulder. I'll pretend I got lost later. Right now I need to focus on getting whatever Sam told me.

56 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Looking through the crawl space reveals a large expanse filled with rocks that are, apparently, floating under their own power. Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, none of them “crumble the moment you look at them” leaving their integrity and safety in question. It seems highly unlikely that all of them are safe, but there are no markings, or at least none visible to the naked eye, that distinguish which are unstable.

It was strange that the rocks looked stable. "Something's definitely off here. Carefully, Kacilius took a bullet out of the magazine of his Stradavar Prime and tossed it onto the path in front of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“I saw that Mayborn!” The Excalibur snaps. His voice softens as he notices you. 
 

“Ahh a customer.” He says, bowing.

He casts an eye over your clothing.  

“And one with good taste, I see. How can the Sons of Hayden be of service?” He asks. 

 

He bows his head "My thanks, although I am thankful no one shot me, nullifiers are nomraly shot first in my line of work" He says, with a chuckle, kowning full well, how much nullifiers are hated in missions "I was hopeing if you can be sort of an escort, looking for some extra muscle while exploring the Depths, there is a place I wanna take shelter in" He asks "If it's not too much trouble" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:
3 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Anak stopped, and let Floater continued slowly toward the light.

"Hey, I think I found something..." She half-turned around.  "Tenno?"  what was his name again?  "Kacilius?"
She turned around fully, looking back along the empty tunnel.

Oh sh*t...

Kacilius took his chance. As Anak walked by him, he squeezed himself behind the boulder. I'll pretend I got lost later. Right now I need to focus on getting whatever Sam told me.

The Tenno had disappeared.  He couldn't have gone past her, she'd just passed him.  Which left two possibilities: either he had gone back toward the Spire, or he was still in the tunnel, hiding behind one of the rocks (or invisible.  Tenno could do that.)

Either way, Anak had been played.  She stood with her back to the tunnel with the silver light at the end (Floater would see anything coming from there), and raised her fists, expecting the worst.

Shouldn't have trusted a Tenno.  Should've known better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Salem waits patiently and once the Kavat is muzzled the drone turns and leads you into the hallway. The walls look like the retractable sort used in Orokin towers to conceal laser traps. 
 

“Ignore the defenses.” Salem says. “We have had a few... unwelcome visitors in the past. Not to worry though, you will find security here is top notch. Why, we even have one of your kin serving as a security advisor.” 
 

The hallway opens to reveal a circular room with a large beam of light in the center and four other doors, with various alcoves between them. Men and women in gold laced robes hurry from station to station, tinkering with widgets whose functions cannot be discerned with a simple glance. A Tenno and a corpus looking fellow are standing by one such alcove, deep in discussion. 

A man, clad in what you can recognize as an Orokin bathrobe, walks past, mumbling to himself.

“Take a pair of scissors to his suit.” He says. “Show him fashionable. Make him give me a refund. Three crates of prime blueprints for this! Fashionable my rear end! Show that pyramid headed loon who he is messing with.” 

A Corpus crewman in A white suit with Orokin styled playing follows him, rolling his eyes. He clutches his rifle a little closer as he notices you, but otherwise passes without incident.

 


 

She nods at the confirmation of security. She also notes the Corpus and Tenno as she smirks at the man's words. "A rather complex system you have here. It must take tremendous resources to maintain." Her vulpaphyla obediently slinks behind her, monitoring the environment. She phases into her frame again, disappearing into it. It keeps pace with the drone, observing the regal aesthetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Owlrrex said:

In a spiral-snakey turn in mid-air, Vydraixenne hovers upright again and looks into the direction she felt the energy surge from. So she _had_ made the right deduction, that was satisfying. And yet she hadn't been fully correct either. Which was not too much of a bummer, it kept things interesting.

"I think meeting the people who are doing those void experiments would be exciting! Are those the Artisans?" She looked less to the ceiling now, and kept more of a lookout for the people around. An Artisan doing something interesting might just always be around the next corner.
"I'm interested in this place as a whole, really. The Depths, the Tower... if I could, I'd dissect the whole Moon." She sighs. "What's left of it, at least."

You can catch the tail end of a teleportation flare as you glance towards where the Tenno represented by the dot was. A quick glance back at the “constellation” shows the third dot moving into the Concourse from another hallway.

As you float past an alcove a strange Ayatan whirls to point directly at you. Beside it two artisans are madly writing... something, occasionally stealing glances at the others notes. An aura of competition surrounds them.

Next to them a younger artisan site, trying to force an Amber Ayatan Star into a slot clearly designed for a Cyan Ayatan Star and growing increasingly frustrated.

Edited by Rakawan
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius took his chance. As Anak walked by him, he squeezed himself behind the boulder. I'll pretend I got lost later. Right now I need to focus on getting whatever Sam told me.

It was strange that the rocks looked stable. "Something's definitely off here. Carefully, Kacilius took a bullet out of the magazine of his Stradavar Prime and tossed it onto the path in front of him.

The rocks are arrayed in a lose grid, roughly five wide by ten long. The round bounces off the first rock in the middle and arcs towards the second, only to fall through. 

? ? O ? ?

? ? X ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?
 

 

Edited by Rakawan
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (XB1)PolarisWren said:

She nods at the confirmation of security. She also notes the Corpus and Tenno as she smirks at the man's words. "A rather complex system you have here. It must take tremendous resources to maintain." Her vulpaphyla obediently slinks behind her, monitoring the environment. She phases into her frame again, disappearing into it. It keeps pace with the drone, observing the regal aesthetic.

“We manage to get by by scavenging resources and raw materials from the more... decrepit towers.” Salem says. “You would be surprised how much is simply left laying around, if you know where to look. Technological components, however, are harder to find. Orokin ciphers fetch a good price among the Artisans here.”

To the Vulpaphyla’s accute senses the eldritch stench of the void would be present, wafting through the air on a nonexistent breeze, swirling and dancing in incomprehensible patterns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

The Tenno had disappeared.  He couldn't have gone past her, she'd just passed him.  Which left two possibilities: either he had gone back toward the Spire, or he was still in the tunnel, hiding behind one of the rocks (or invisible.  Tenno could do that.)

Either way, Anak had been played.  She stood with her back to the tunnel with the silver light at the end (Floater would see anything coming from there), and raised her fists, expecting the worst.

Shouldn't have trusted a Tenno.  Should've known better.

There are no sounds from either tunnel. The silver light seems to shift occasionally, in a slow languid pattern. You can distantly hear the sound of rocks colliding. The clink of metal on ceramic comes from the direction Anak is facing, echoing out from a boulder halfway between her and the entrance to the depths.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

There are no sounds from either tunnel. The silver light seems to shift occasionally, in a slow languid pattern. You can distantly hear the sound of rocks colliding. The clink of metal on ceramic comes from the direction Anak is facing, echoing out from a boulder halfway between her and the entrance to the depths.

The barrier over the entrance to the Depths snaps closed. 

The Nullifiers take up defensive positions again, ready to respond should any of the explorers provoke something best left undisturbed.
 

 

Edited by Rakawan
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The rocks are arrayed in a lose grid, roughly five wide by ten long. The round bounces off the first rock in the middle and arcs towards the second, only to fall through. 

? ? O ? ?

? ? X ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?
 

 

Kacilius scratched his head. What the literal %$#@? Banshee would have been great for this. He pulled a few more bullets out from the magazine and scattered them in a haphazard fashion, then flung his Parazon blade into random spots to check as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He bows his head "My thanks, although I am thankful no one shot me, nullifiers are nomraly shot first in my line of work" He says, with a chuckle, kowning full well, how much nullifiers are hated in missions "I was hopeing if you can be sort of an escort, looking for some extra muscle while exploring the Depths, there is a place I wanna take shelter in" He asks "If it's not too much trouble" 

“Unfortunately I have to stay here to coordinate this rabble.” The Excalibur says. “However we do have several guns for hire available at the moment. Any preference for a particular Warframe?”

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius scratched his head. What the literal %$#@? Banshee would have been great for this. He pulled a few more bullets out from the magazine and scattered them in a haphazard fashion, then flung his Parazon blade into random spots to check as well.

The scattered rounds reveal the following pattern.

? O O O O

? X X ? O

? X O ? ?

X ? O ? X

? ? O X ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

You can catch the tail end of a teleportation flare as you glance towards where the Tenno represented by the dot was. A quick glance back at the “constellation” shows the third dot moving into the Concourse from another hallway.

As you float past an alcove a strange Ayatan whirls to point directly at you. Beside it two artisans are madly writing... something, occasionally stealing glances at the others notes. An aura of competition surrounds them.

Next to them a younger artisan site, trying to force an Amber Ayatan Star into a slot clearly designed for a Cyan Ayatan Star and growing increasingly frustrated.

 

13 hours ago, (XB1)PolarisWren said:

She nods at the confirmation of security. She also notes the Corpus and Tenno as she smirks at the man's words. "A rather complex system you have here. It must take tremendous resources to maintain." Her vulpaphyla obediently slinks behind her, monitoring the environment. She phases into her frame again, disappearing into it. It keeps pace with the drone, observing the regal aesthetic.

Regardless of whether their proper title was "Artisan" or not, Vydraixenne found the answer to who the people she was interested in were very literally in front of her as soon as she was able to look into the alcoves. But while they were more or less faceless to her, doing interesting things, but easily fading into the background, she noticed someone much more outstanding across the hall: A Saryn Prime in violet hues that contrasted the white-and-gold around her quite alot. She seemed to be led by another drone? It would make sense.

The Wisp waved with her arm up in their air towards the other Tenno. She would've almost called out, but remembered that in the high hall the echo would probably make it quite difficult to locate her anyways. "They're not going anywhere, yes? I think I'll come to them later." she explained to her drone, her question not really a question given how she didn't wait for an answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

 

Regardless of whether their proper title was "Artisan" or not, Vydraixenne found the answer to who the people she was interested in were very literally in front of her as soon as she was able to look into the alcoves. But while they were more or less faceless to her, doing interesting things, but easily fading into the background, she noticed someone much more outstanding across the hall: A Saryn Prime in violet hues that contrasted the white-and-gold around her quite alot. She seemed to be led by another drone? It would make sense.

The Wisp waved with her arm up in their air towards the other Tenno. She would've almost called out, but remembered that in the high hall the echo would probably make it quite difficult to locate her anyways. "They're not going anywhere, yes? I think I'll come to them later." she explained to her drone, her question not really a question given how she didn't wait for an answer.

The Artisan trying to cram the Star into the Ayatan Sculpture gives a triumphant cry, met with annoyed looks, followed by a fearful exclamation. The sculpture whirls to life, one set of interlocking limbs moving in the wrong direction, the others moving normally. They entangle, the system grinding to a halt, the limbs shivering as each one tries to push past the unexpected obstruction. There is a sharp clang and a limb breaks off, embedding itself in the wall. The sculpture begins to shake even more. 

Haleen starts to say something only for a another limb to snap and impale the drone, the proxy falling to the ground like a dead bird.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“Unfortunately I have to stay here to coordinate this rabble.” The Excalibur says. “However we do have several guns for hire available at the moment. Any preference for a particular Warframe?”

He rubs his chin "Either a Limbo or Mesa, thinking if I get stuck in the rift, I'll be quick and easy, no harm to me, as long he has decent choices, or likely a Mesa, due to she should be able to clean up nicely" He says "Either I am protected from all harm or the Mesa murders everything"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-22 at 8:30 AM, Rakawan said:

The scattered rounds reveal the following pattern.

? O O O O

? X X ? O

? X O ? ?

X ? O ? X

? ? O X ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?
 

 

Hmm... That is interesting. Carefully, Kacilius stepped on a rock, tossed a couple more bullets and stabbed at some rocks with his Parazon again. 

(I'll use a (Row, Column) format, top-down, left-right, current position is (1, 4))

? O O O O

? X X + O

? X O + +

X + O + X

? + O X ?

+ ? + + ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

Edited by EpicdudeX
Formatting
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

((why is all the text in the previous post in white?))

((For some reason, the font color is getting wack. It looks fine for me, but Rakawan's previous post was completely black for me. Either it's light/dark mode messing things up, or something else is wrong.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Hmm... That is interesting. Carefully, Kacilius stepped on a rock, tossed a couple more bullets and stabbed at some rocks with his Parazon again. 

(I'll use a (Row, Column) format, top-down, left-right, current position is (1, 4))

? O O O O

? X X + O

? X O + +

X + O + X

? + O X ?

+ ? + + ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

As you hop onto the “rock” the illusion vanishes, revealing an floating platform of Orokin make. There is an unlit Amber Ayatan Star in the center, surrounded by five unlit Cyan Stars. nether react to your presence on this particular platform.

The rounds for the first five rows land, adding to the pattern. 

? O O O O

? X X  X O

? X O X O

X X O X X

? X O X ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

However those aimed for the fifth row bounce off a barely visible force field just beyond the fifth row. It appears to span across the entire chasm, blocking access forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

As you hop onto the “rock” the illusion vanishes, revealing an floating platform of Orokin make. There is an unlit Amber Ayatan Star in the center, surrounded by five unlit Cyan Stars. nether react to your presence on this particular platform.

The rounds for the first five rows land, adding to the pattern. 

? O O O O

? X X  X O

? X O X O

X X O X X

? X O X ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

However those aimed for the fifth row bounce off a barely visible force field just beyond the fifth row. It appears to span across the entire chasm, blocking access forward.

"What the-" Kacilius examined the platform. "So this is some weird puzzle/trap. Something valuable is behind whatever it is." Carefully, Kacilius hopped along the rocks/platforms until he got to the force field. "What is this?" He carefully tossed a bullet at the force field.
(Path was (1, 4), (2, 5), (3, 5), (3, 3), (4, 3), (5, 3))

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

He rubs his chin "Either a Limbo or Mesa, thinking if I get stuck in the rift, I'll be quick and easy, no harm to me, as long he has decent choices, or likely a Mesa, due to she should be able to clean up nicely" He says "Either I am protected from all harm or the Mesa murders everything"

“Limbo sounds like a good choice.” The Excalibur says. “Lucien, get over...”

He stops. The Limbo who has been shadowing him the entire time also stops. 
 

“What did I tell you about sneaking up on your Superior Officers Private?” He asks. 

The Limbo snaps to attention. 

“That you’d put a bell on me next time I did it, sir!”He says. “Can’t wait time find out what color, sir!”

The Excalibur sighs. 

“Take the client to the kiosk and have a Clarissa draw up a contract.” The Excalibur says. “I’ll be here, daydreaming about firing you out of a cannon.”

”Yes, sir!” The Limbo says, turning to face you. “Follow me, sir!”
 




 


 


 

 

Edited by Rakawan
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"What the-" Kacilius examined the platform. "So this is some weird puzzle/trap. Something valuable is behind whatever it is." Carefully, Kacilius hopped along the rocks/platforms until he got to the force field. "What is this?" He carefully tossed a bullet at the force field.
(Path was (1, 4), (2, 5), (3, 5), (3, 3), (4, 3), (5, 3))

As you land on the second platform the Amber star in the center lights up. The Cyan star to the right (clockwise) of the top activates. Each platform after repeats the process, another of the five stars lighting up in a clockwise pattern. By the time you jump on the sixth platform, which oddly enough has a pressure plate instead of a Star, the first Cyan Star is the only one unlit. The platform lets out an angry buzz, and reality seems to fold around you. You find yourself back on the outcropping staring at the platforms you just crossed. One by one the Amber and Cyan lights go out, the illusionary rocks covering the platforms once again. The field remains in place. Clearly you missed one. 

Kacilius’ path:

? O O 1 O

? X X  X 2 

? X 4 X 3

X X 5 X X

? X 6 X ?

————

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you land on the second platform the Amber star in the center lights up. The Cyan star to the right (clockwise) of the top activates. Each platform after repeats the process, another of the five stars lighting up in a clockwise pattern. By the time you jump on the sixth platform, which oddly enough has a pressure plate instead of a Star, the first Cyan Star is the only one unlit. The platform lets out an angry buzz, and reality seems to fold around you. You find yourself back on the outcropping staring at the platforms you just crossed. One by one the Amber and Cyan lights go out, the illusionary rocks covering the platforms once again. The field remains in place. Clearly you missed one. 

Kacilius’ path:

? O O 1 O

? X X  X 2 

? X 4 X 3

X X 5 X X

? X 6 X ?

————

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? ? ?

 

 

"Huh?" Kacilius looked around and patted himself. Did he just get warped back to the start? Let's try again. He hopped along the path again, this time stepping on an additional platform. (Same path as earlier, except between 1 and 2, Kacilius steps on (1, 5))

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

There are no sounds from either tunnel. The silver light seems to shift occasionally, in a slow languid pattern. You can distantly hear the sound of rocks colliding. The clink of metal on ceramic comes from the direction Anak is facing, echoing out from a boulder halfway between her and the entrance to the depths.

There was definitely something alive in the tunnel.  Whether it was Kacilius waiting to ambush her, or some creature that had just eaten him, she wasn't sure.
From a stable, rooted stance, Anak thrust her hands forward from the side of her stomach, as if throwing a heavy object.  A fiery blast traveled down the tunnel, which she hoped would singe whatever was hiding, so that it would retreat away, or come out into the open.

((I went in the simulacrum with a few Drekar Arson Eximus, and this is how they do it, although they have an unstable stance with their feet somewhat close together.  Ember's fire blast is a bit different, she has a wide stance like what Anak is using, and stretches her arms upward and then brings them down, as if throwing something against the ground.))

((up to you whether Kacilius feels this, since he's in a side tunnel with a narrow opening that faces away from where Anak is.))

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...