[DE]Danielle

(PS4) The Steel Path - Update 28.2.0 Status: Live!

20 hours ago, (PS4)CursedAuroran said:

While nice that we are getting new content, when can we PS4 players expect mouse and keyboard support? Mouse and keyboard has been broken for years and still there has been no action towards fixing it

This 👏 person 👏 right 👏 here.

🎮 controller is limited in bindings as we are unable to do a lot of binds in ability menu we logically should be able too. Even if we could, ⌨🖱K&M does that better. PS4 has had native keyboard and mouse suppory since a year or so before the sacrifice launched. Sacrifice effectively brought full native support to warframe.

BUT YOU CANNOT CHANGE KEYBINDINGS AND WE ARE STILL TEATHERED TO USING A CONTROLLER TO OPEN A VIRTUAL KEYBOARD THAT WE THEN PROCEED TO USE AN IRL KEYBOARD TO TYPE INTO.

So.. yeah nothing DE does makes this old multiple platform player happy untill basic input support is actually there.

Btw supposedly xbox which also has the native keyboard and mouse support can actually access the bindings menu for it. I am too lazy to install WF on my xbox to test myself but if what i have heard is true, it becomes accessable if you open the options menu using a keyboard and mouse.

Also, minecraft, fortnight, both have this support.. i can access the keyboard and mouse bindings menu for minecraft without even having them plugged in.

On my smartphone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

This 👏 person 👏 right 👏 here.

🎮 controller is limited in bindings as we are unable to do a lot of binds in ability menu we logically should be able too. Even if we could, ⌨🖱K&M does that better. PS4 has had native keyboard and mouse suppory since a year or so before the sacrifice launched. Sacrifice effectively brought full native support to warframe.

BUT YOU CANNOT CHANGE KEYBINDINGS AND WE ARE STILL TEATHERED TO USING A CONTROLLER TO OPEN A VIRTUAL KEYBOARD THAT WE THEN PROCEED TO USE AN IRL KEYBOARD TO TYPE INTO.

So.. yeah nothing DE does makes this old multiple platform player happy untill basic input support is actually there.

Btw supposedly xbox which also has the native keyboard and mouse support can actually access the bindings menu for it. I am too lazy to install WF on my xbox to test myself but if what i have heard is true, it becomes accessable if you open the options menu using a keyboard and mouse.

Also, minecraft, fortnight, both have this support.. i can access the keyboard and mouse bindings menu for minecraft without even having them plugged in.

On my smartphone. 

Always nice to see I’m not the only person that wants to see this change

On 2020-07-18 at 7:42 PM, (PS4)CyphaSignals said:

The feedback I keep hearing from the PC side is the lack of incentivized rewards such as built forma, arcanes, umbral forma, radiant relics, etc. I can't speak for the resource loot and mods when farming as that is a huge incentive for me personally (particularly in Arbitrations) but what about the other game modes such as ESO and Arbitrations?  The deal breaker for me is if Arbitrations is included or not.  Will The other modes be available at launch or soon at least?

Edit: typos

No it wont. Looks like classic Warframe. No meat on bones. I think this Tennocon Will decide it for me. ESO and now Steel Path had so much promise. smh

On 2020-07-17 at 11:38 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

The Steel Path Honors & Steel Essence
In addition to those Rewards, Teshin now has The Steel Path Honors: a store only accessible when The Steel Path is unlocked. Similar to the Arbitration Honors store, The Steel Path Honors takes Steel Essence as currency. Steel Essence can be found as a Resource drop from Eximus enemies within The Steel Path. 

Perhaps to limit the fallout from console players after Steel Path is launched, can you say definitively that the Resource Drop Chance boosters do not work on the new "resource" called Steel Essence?

This is to prevent console players from spending plat on this booster assuming it will work since it is classified as a "resource", then complaining afterwards.

DE, do you realize that with every consecutive update you alienate your playerbase? Why is it so difficult to admit that you make mistakes? You'd rather go down in flames with your "uwu squad," that hangs on to your every word and praises everything you do, than address the well-documented and, frankly, lenient criticisms and concerned lodged against you. Scaling rewards? Xoris nerf? Steel Essence? Riven balance? Do you actually care about your game? I think everyone wants to know, especially after the last few years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)vinster said:

Perhaps to limit the fallout from console players after Steel Path is launched, can you say definitively that the Resource Drop Chance boosters do not work on the new "resource" called Steel Essence?

This is to prevent console players from spending plat on this booster assuming it will work since it is classified as a "resource", then complaining afterwards.

As if they wouldn't be completely justified in that complaint even if DE did state it definitively lol can't tell if you're trolling here.

Should i ever be hyped about this "Arbitration 2.0" you re doing now? Srsly DE, learn to pull up the hand brake already. It doesn't matter how much new stuff you put in the game if the old problems keep tainting and screwing whatever you try. Lvl 100 enemies? They re still dumb. +100% drops on resources and mods? 100% out of what, 25 rubedo drops, for example? That and nothing would be the same, and we would be grinding 24/7 anyway. Xoris nerf is understandable. But if it weren't for the infinite combo it would stay in the trash as it's pretty lame as a weapon per-se. srsly DE, fix your past or forget about having a future.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, (PS4)kfrancis902 said:

No it wont. Looks like classic Warframe. No meat on bones. I think this Tennocon Will decide it for me. ESO and now Steel Path had so much promise. smh

Well...the only cycles wrecking the game ATM is rivens.  Until they are customizable, the game will be a dumpster fire for vets.  Understandably though, they dont give a damn about vets because we aren't the ones keeping the business alive financially.  If anything, we are just a reflection of the game and atm, we are bad PR for them.  New players are keeping their lights on so from a hustlers perspective, move where the money is at.  Sucks at the end of the day though.

I don't have a clue on who made the new Kora Delux skin, but that has to be the uglist skin I have ever seen. 

• Like 2

On 2020-07-19 at 2:19 AM, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Keyboard keybindings support when?

Game and console has supported keyboard and mouse natively ingame since the sacrifice added the virtual mouse. However we still cannot change the keyboard and mouse bindings.

I agree bud ive always missed the keyboard and mouse for warframe even though they have implimented it it still not a functioning feature where you cant choose your key bindings

• Like 1

Wow guys, the Xoris nerf. 

Definitely the reason why DE will fail and Warframe will die this year. 

Yep. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I read the post about bans:

...and I had to look this up. So, as I found this thread, I'm linking it here for all to see. 

With Steel Path's double drops, could we at least get a recommendation on advisable times to stay in a certain mission if longer stays are punishable by the game?

And one other thing: know it might be selfish to phrase it this way, but why console players are even getting the same ban? I mean, there's no way (at least to my knowledge) to apply 3rd party apps to cheat on consoles?

Edited by (PS4)Luke_Zakalwe
1 more link on the topic.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, (PS4)Luke_Zakalwe said:

And one other thing: know it might be selfish to phrase it this way, but why console players are even getting the same ban? I mean, there's no way (at least to my knowledge) to apply 3rd party apps to cheat on consoles?

They exist everywhere, third party programs i mean. It’s just that they are not common and easy to access on consoles as they are pc.  

that aside, I thought we would have a date by now..

sad face

Edited by (PS4)a-Hollow-Embrace

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, (PS4)a-Hollow-Embrace said:

They exist everywhere, third party programs i mean. It’s just that they are not common and easy to access on consoles as they are pc.  

that aside, I thought we would have a date by now..

sad face

I was just about to edit my post with this: 

Regarding console cheating that I know, maybe I'm naive, but isn't that just being afk? Though, by no means I say it's ok. It's really frustrating to play while one dude just squats behind a pillar for 30min. A funny example about a cheeky afker: he was hidden behind a pillar at Lua Arbitration survival and wehen I called him out I was told: "U r stupid, U dont know how the game works. I'm not moving so I'm not using life support. So this is ok." He started to move when I told him I'm coming to take screencaps for DE of him staying put.

So I'll say: we need a way to flag afkers manually ingame. Let us put a mark on a not-moving/non-playing toon while they get a big notification on their screens telling them to play (run around, shoot, kill) or to be banned. Notification should be accompanied with a timer or a minimun necessary action (like, kill 30 enemies). And the ban doesn't need to be a 2 week tradeban; let us lock afkers for 24/48h in a solo mode; this would feel like a Karma! XD

Edit:And of course strip them of the mission rewards they got while being away!  Actually, repeater offenders could be stripped permanently of their mastery by one or two ranks, forever lagging behind! Since many lvl mastery while afk.

And, to restrict the abuse, let the mark be placed on players who've been afk fr at least 3 min (well enough fr a quick toilet break or a message in chat using a controller) so this won't be used as means for harassment.

....but it seems console cheating is more serious, if there really is a way to get a bot on PS4... Then again, afkin is way more common and I think my suggestion could be a workable solution.

Edited by (PS4)Luke_Zakalwe
Minor additions to punishment.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Luke_Zakalwe said:

I was just about to edit my post with this: 

Regarding console cheating that I know, maybe I'm naive, but isn't that just being afk? Though, by no means I say it's ok. It's really frustrating to play while one dude just squats behind a pillar for 30min. A funny example about a cheeky afker: he was hidden behind a pillar at Lua Arbitration survival and wehen I called him out I was told: "U r stupid, U dont know how the game works. I'm not moving so I'm not using life support. So this is ok." He started to move when I told him I'm coming to take screencaps for DE of him staying put.

So I'll say: we need a way to flag afkers manually ingame. Let us put a mark on a not-moving/non-playing toon while they get a big notification on their screens telling them to play (run around, shoot, kill) or to be banned. Notification should be accompanied with a timer or a minimun necessary action (like, kill 30 enemies). And the ban doesn't need to be a 2 week tradeban; let us lock afkers for 24/48h in a solo mode; this would feel like a Karma! XD

Edit:And of course strip them of the mission rewards they got while being away!  Actually, repeater offenders could be stripped permanently of their mastery by one or two ranks, forever lagging behind! Since many lvl mastery while afk.

And, to restrict the abuse, let the mark be placed on players who've been afk fr at least 3 min (well enough fr a quick toilet break or a message in chat using a controller) so this won't be used as means for harassment.

....but it seems console cheating is more serious, if there really is a way to get a bot on PS4... Then again, afkin is way more common and I think my suggestion could be a workable solution.

I simply think DE should create a new assassin that always appears if a player is AFK for too long. And I’m not talking no three minutes. I’m talking like 1 minute. 2 at the very most. Cause some will wait just that long before moving an inch. Thinking standing still for like 30 seconds should create like an invisible ring that you must step out of to reset. Which would be like 10 meters long. So running in small circles wouldn’t work. Plus they won’t be able to make excuses. But this is for public games. 

My suggestion was bringing back the acolyte Misery as an AFKer assassin. Maybe drops no rewards to prevent players from purposefully going AFK trying to farm him. And he uses a scythe that removes 1/3rd of your maxed health. So regardless who you use or what protections or buffs it gets, your frame will be gone in 3 hits unless you bring a healer which most people don’t. And he only spawns in public games. Solo or private he doesn’t. And death by him is permanent. As in no coming back. Unless DE wants to add the tower thing from arbitration and maybe the other players will forgive them for their AFKing. Doubt it though. 

But the excuse AFKers keep using is the bathroom excuse. Simply don’t play the game if you think the bathroom is gonna kick in. You don’t really gain anything spending several hours straight in defense or survival. But that excuse is getting old especially when all the AFKers I’ve encountered be still moving their character at perfect moments. Maybe 1 out of like 50 AFKers may legitimately be in the bathroom. The other 49 shouldn’t be given a pass just cause that 1 decided to start the game before taking care of their business. In a PUBLIC game. 

Misery would be the most simplest solution. And anybody who complains would have to admit they were AFK. There are dudes I play with who get on my nerves when they decide to go to the bathroom 2 minutes in the mission. So there is no bias or double standards from me. In any other game you would pay for being AFK.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:Maybe 1 out of like 50 AFKers may legitimately be in the bathroom. The other 49 shouldn’t be given a pass just cause that 1 decided to start the game before taking care of their business. In a PUBLIC game. 

I’m that 1 lol.

But even then it only takes me like a minute tops to come back, and I’ll tell them that before I go.

Only problem is, what happens if an emergency comes up and you’re left there in game? I remember when something bad happened at my place and I was in the middle of Hydron or some defense and it was so quick I didn’t have time to turn off the game. Was scary but I didn’t leave just to afk.

That said it would be hilarious to see an afk frame killer 👀

1 hour ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

I’m that 1 lol.

But even then it only takes me like a minute tops to come back, and I’ll tell them that before I go.

Only problem is, what happens if an emergency comes up and you’re left there in game? I remember when something bad happened at my place and I was in the middle of Hydron or some defense and it was so quick I didn’t have time to turn off the game. Was scary but I didn’t leave just to afk.

That said it would be hilarious to see an afk frame killer 👀

Well a stalker was hunting someone and I kept teleporting them away from him over and over. Even though he kept teleporting them back.

I’m sure at some point something may happen, I would think it will only take me a few seconds, ends up being a minute or 2 instead, and come back dead. Oh well. Can’t pause many other online games which would cause a lot of deaths if not failure. And this would only apply to public games.

Internet has turned off. Power has gone off. There are multiple things that has made the game go off. Some “emergency” wouldn’t be much of a difference. And again, uncommon/rare incidents shouldn’t allow the common AFKers a free pass. Maybe if DE wasn’t trying to enforce “teamwork” in their game, all the problems that comes with AFKers wouldn’t be an issue. All the elevators, double doors, extraction, even bosses like the Hydrolyst. All those things DE put in the game that forces people to rely on teamwork which becomes complicated/less fun when selfish players decide to play public games. Then lazy ones use the “play solo” suggestion knowing that more players means more chances. The void relics replacing the void keys is one major example. Most of my issues happen during void fissures. 

Majority of players shouldn’t be forced to spend hours in recruit just to play the game. Or be forced to tolerate 99% of the AFKers just cause SOME of them had real issues. DE can encourage teamwork without encouraging laziness/irresponsibility. I’ve had to put the controller down while playing games like call of duty and For Honor. Or just turn the game off so that my score/reputation doesn’t become ruined. Had no choice. 

But right now I have to decide which would I prefer. Every now and then get hunted by Misery which would be extra rare since I play private most of the time. Or have my missions take 5 times longer due to AFKers just for more rewards. Me and like all the dudes I play warframe with agree the Misery option would be better. We play other games where there are way more consequences to going AFK. 

So I can honestly say I’m not just speaking for myself. All my posts and I talk with them first before posting. Not to mention the dozens upon dozens of posts I keep seeing from other expressing the same issues/concern. Except they want DE to implement something that would get abused. Even though I mentioned multiple catches that would prevent the abuse. Seems the only people that really disagree are actually AFKers. And considering how badly they are against it, it would seem they afk a lot. 

Either way, it is ultimately DE’s choice. 

• Like 1

Crazy how long it takes to implement an update t

On 2020-07-23 at 1:04 PM, (PS4)abz-mikey said:

I feel exactly like you towards the game i just hope the rewards are worth it 😉

They aren't.