Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Should I Do Now?

Ataeon

Okay, it was nice all along. But now i am upset - i have almost all warframes, good weapons, fully builded dojo with almost all research completed. 

And what am i suppose to do? I really like this game and im here since CBT, but listen to me - this game really need a little "let's continue playing this ***t, it's really amazing and interesting!!!" thing. And the most sad thing is that i can't imagine any ideas for that "thing" =( 

So tell me, fellow Tenno, what am i suppose to do and what will you do in such a case?

my post from the "Dear DE" thread:

"basically what happens is that people collect all the frames, mods, and weapons they want.

Then, because there's not really anything to do once you're uber powerful (except run endless defense/survival into oblivion which is artificial difficulty) they begin to suffer withdrawal and come to the forum and rage about things on a whim.

A simple and effective solution for the mid-term would be to add a star-map location with level 125-200+ areas. In these areas, rare mods would drop more frequently and common mods would not drop at all.

The real long-term solution is to bust out a Story/Lore driven "main quest" if you will. This main quest would need to include characters that players can invest in emotionally.

Right now, Darvo and Vor are the only characters that even come close to this. I want to see MUCH more of them and other new characters.

Put a face to the game. I want to care about WHY I'm doing stuff."

The fun (and sad) thing is that i play after work =) im working from 8:00 to 9:00 (13 hours) and play for a couple of hours per day with my girlfriend and brother. They also think that Warframe is nice, but lack of SOMETHING (maybe DE attention?). Conclusion - if Warframe players not an army of brainless things then soon many of them will see the same picture and game will slowly become "not-so-popular". IMHO. 

P.S. and i agree with Corpse_of_KTS

Yeah, thanks guys. Not so exciting palette of answers we have here? =) 

Thing is for now DE has been focusing on stuff that doesnt help a lot.

Risk and reward is totally neglected, making the only similar "end-game" content unavailable or to better say not attractive.

Why play up to wave 80 on Xini, if I can play up to 5 and get the same chance at rewards on any 5 waves? Plus if i play up to 5 many times I get more money and more prizes (all the 5 wave rewards, when up to 80 you only get the reward from wave 80).

Why play Survival up to 30 mins, if when I reach it, I get Steel Fiber as a Reward? if I play up to 5 mins multiple times I get more money...

Why kill level 100-200+ mobs, if they net the same rewards?

Thats the problem, and DE fails to address it at all. If I kill a Toxic Ancient level 10 or 100 I get the same common mod, theres not a bigger chance at rare mods... even though they say it is, I get the same amount of rares doing high or low level content.

So no risk reward involved at all, makes us get burned out cause theres nothing to do other than level stuff and grind, grind and grind. And grinding leads to burning out.

Edited by Hybridon

Yeah, thanks guys. Not so exciting palette of answers we have here? =) 

What do you want? Is this such a serious problem that you need a committe to instruct you what to do with your life?

If you don't want/ don't see the point in playing a game then don't do it. Somebody is forcing you to do this? Go read a book or start a different game. If you have burned through all content then wait for major content update and then return to this game.

What do you want? Is this such a serious problem that you need a committe to instruct you what to do with your life?

If you don't want/ don't see the point in playing a game then don't do it. Somebody is forcing you to do this? Go read a book or start a different game. If you have burned through all content then wait for major content update and then return to this game.

nice answer but why so rage? take a look on a 1st post. i just asking about your opinion oR suggestions for a gameplay, and trying to get some attention from DE to this obvious problem.

Edited by Ataeon

The only thing I'm doing now is waiting for new content or a double/quad exp weekend so I can level up the last few weapons, you know the weak and annoying ones...

Other than that I'm just checking out the forums and giving my feedback. CBA anymore to grind.

Okay, it was nice all along. But now i am upset - i have almost all warframes, good weapons, fully builded dojo with almost all research completed. 

And what am i suppose to do? I really like this game and im here since CBT, but listen to me - this game really need a little "let's continue playing this ***t, it's really amazing and interesting!!!" thing. And the most sad thing is that i can't imagine any ideas for that "thing" =( 

So tell me, fellow Tenno, what am i suppose to do and what will you do in such a case?

There are so many creative things DE could do, that it's not even true. I don't know who the creative director is but perhaps they simply need to sit in a quiet room and think about how that can make the game more interesting for player like you. They should follow certain rules to make this successful. it should NOT include loads of new enemeies, tilesets or code. That can all come a little later when they utilise everything they have not more effectively. this has got to be creative s tuff they can release quickly. So here is just 1, very very simple idea.

==========================

A set of special missions to the Orikin labs now abandonded but heavily defended. Given on finding a special key. This key is random and may appear on a map. It will be hidden in a locker, behind a container, in a room, behind a barrel, inside an explosive barel, under water, in a dragon vault etc (wwe could use those pink orbs i used to love).. These missions have a mastery entrance bar of 8. If it works well later keys might start to appear for higher mastery levels, but 8 is reasonably achievable for all players in a sensible period of time and they will have at least 6 or 7 warframes by then. The keys can be found on any planet at any mastery, but can't be used until mastery 8 and you can't join someone elses mission unless your mastery 8

Each mission if succesfully run delivers a very special mod (wf, weapon, aura) or a weapon. These mods only work for a period of time (1 week, 1 month...this can vary as well), additionally they are multi polarity. The weapons are the same and only work for a period of time (1 week, 1 month) and need ranking up, but come with a catalyst and temporary slot. They appear in the foundry and are built 0 cost/0 materials, but once built and claimed, the timer starts.

1. The missions should be tough and failable (if you fail you lose the key). You all join the lobby, no "in mission" joins

2. some should be helped by creative use of certain warframe abilities (random) and be very very difficult without the right ones, others might nullify abilities alltogether (supressor field). Some might require a dragon key is carried, some might be timed. The thing is you won't know for sure until your in.

3. Some missions will have safe zones you have to reach to restock etc.. and might have 4 or five zones to be traverdsed, before final exit

4. in the mission lobby, prior to mission start, you get a briefing to read and 120 seconds to read the brief (and make any warframe changes/weapon changes, if the mission is aborted before start, you lose they key...in other words, once your reading the brief, it's too late.

5. Revives should not be allowd your teammates can get you up, but if you die your out! On some missions you might be allowed to use 1 revive.

OK, so theres the missions and I'm sure creative juices could make them all interesting and clean up the ideas. So you get these special mods......well why, what's the point. Here is where your later game can start. Oh and this is only one way of creating later games there are many others. So you got the new powerful mod or weapon of some kind, you can be the big swinging $&*^ in defence or missions or....use it for what it's really meant for: see below.

=============================================

In the void the factions are getting together, you have been noticed Tenno, your deeds of bravey have inconvenienced many and the latest exploits in the derelict labs set off alerms, triggered messages....they are building something and it's coming for YOU.......Again this is random and may occur on your first or nth special mission.

First you will know about it is when it comes for you....you have 2 choices

1. Go and wipe out the research facilities building/controlling this abomination (your going to need friends for this, (of any mastery level, it doesn't matter)

2. Don't worry about it and wait, but expect the abomination to come for you in your missions, infrequent at first, but later more and more often. At first you might be able to kill it, but, it will gradually become harder, stronger, faster, even a full team of four won't esily be able to help you. It's after you, but will kill others to get to you of it has to, or if they help you it will fight them as well. You can run, but it will chase you. You will become a Jona, in the end, it will be so strong the others on a mission will run rather than try to help you.....the only way to stop it, get a group of friends and go wipe out the controlling facility (It will drop a map key for that area, the first time it's killed, or you are killed you get a research facility key, it's just for you, but anyone can host the mission if you can't host well, as long as you have the key. The one place it won't be looking for you, is in the reasearch facilities. Just make sure you choose the right facility out of the 3 labs in the reasearch area....or just destroy all 3 if you can!!!

Your reward for wiping out the facilty, you're free of the beast....for now.

Your friends each get some platinum (say between 1 and 5 platinum), and you all share in whatever rare loot/items exist...perhaps there will be weapons and mods found in the reasearch facility. They may not work for long, but while they do, enjoy them.....You don't get any platinum, because you gave your share to your friends.

The risk for friends only Fail and although you lose the map key, they lose something else temporarily. The loss will be on the frame used for that mission. e.g. a temporary loss of one of your abilities, the aura slot stops working, an equipped mod becomes ineffective and frozen in place. The only way this can be fixed...

Kneel at the feet of the statue in the Orikin vaults, it's powers will heal the warframe, BUT only if YOU have the key that opens the vault.....still want to help your fellow Tenno, want that 5 platinum and all the loot?

The sad thing is none of this will get read, nothing will be done, but a simple idea based around most of the code that already exists can add interest for the palyers that feel they have done it all.

P.S Or it will get buried by inane comments not really answering your question.

Edited by DaveC