Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Your Experience With Open Recruiting (Warlords And Else)

Kinperor

Title. 

My clan might go Storm with open recruiting, and I wonder what kind of crowd an open recruiting system attracts. 

By open recruiting, I mean starting a thread in "Find a Clan" and letting in most everyone. We had lax criteria for our Shadow clan, and I don't expect this to change. 

So, anything to share on the matter? 

That's awfully un-helpful. 

I don't want to play police, if open recruitment get me a lot of troll/jerkfaces, I'm not interested in going Storm. Hence why I'm asking. 

If you open your net as wide as possible, you're bound to catch some unwanted fish.

On topic analogies aside, if you're concerned about trolls and jerks, you're going to find quite a few no matter where you look. Most players are pretty well mannered and will abide to the treat others as you wish to be treated rule but having some basic but stern rules in your thread can keep some of the troublemakers out. You'll, of course, find those who ignore them (Having a password or phrase of sorts for joining can show you who was paying attention and who isn't), grab weapons from the dojo and then bolt or just disrupt your community in general.

I'm guessing your Shadow clan has been made up of a tight nit group of friends, so this sort of thing hasn't been an issue, but it is a reality you're going to have to face at least once when you make a clan with "lax criteria".

Edited by Haldos

I'm guessing your Shadow clan has been made up of a tight nit group of friends, so this sort of thing hasn't been an issue, but it is a reality you're going to have to face at least once when you make a clan with "lax criteria".

Not exactly. 

Still wanna gauge a bit with the opinion of other recruiter. I can deal with a random fuckwit every once in a while, but not if it's like 2 out of 3 players.