Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Much Damage Can Iron Skin Take With Vanguard?

FillyRarity

Now, I think that's what the helmet is called.

It's the one that increases speed with a reduction to power strength.

I love rhino and I love having him play heavy weapons man role.

Give him an ogris and Vasto and he's a bad &#!.

However, he's a slow badass.

This is an issue. I usually back track a little to fire my missiles from a safe distance, but while playing infested maps I tend to only get a tiny distance further away than before, as the infested run after me unlike most grineer and corpus. Even with a speed increase mod he's still too slow.

So, the Vanguard helmet was my best option.

Increases speed with reduction to power strength.

My question is... How big exactly is the reduction?

And how much damage will my max level Iron skin be able to take with this reduction before it vanishes?

Iron Skin is base 1200, so a 5% reduction would be 1140. With max focus it should be 1560, since the negative effect of helms are applied after all increases you would then drop to 1482.

At least I think that's how it works out.

Because I haven't forma'd my Rhino yet it'll have to be a level one focus to negate the reduction.

I'll settle for that.

5% in iron skin doesn't matter at all. If you play smart and use cover, a vanguard iron skin will last you far more than the average focused skin.

I use the ogris though.

The whole point of the Iron skin for me is to tank any damage I might receive from the explosions.

Without the Iron skin I'd have a very low survivability rate and I'd have to wait excessively long between shots to wait for my shields to recharge.

It's in my interest for it to be as strong as it can be, while allowing me to move realistically.

I use the ogris though.

The whole point of the Iron skin for me is to tank any damage I might receive from the explosions.

Without the Iron skin I'd have a very low survivability rate and I'd have to wait excessively long between shots to wait for my shields to recharge.

It's in my interest for it to be as strong as it can be, while allowing me to move realistically.

If tanking is an issue for you, use Trinity with Blessing, Streamline, and Flow. You can go stick Ogris in their faces without taking any damage.

If hitting things too close to you is a concern, use Shred. Alternatively, the realization may be that you are not using a rocket launcher the way it was meant to be used - from a safe distance. Resort to a sidearm instead.

Sure, sometimes I hit myself with the ogris. That blast radius is pretty high. However, I can get along fine even on a squishy frame since I have shred on and I sometimes do a hop backwards before firing.

If tanking is an issue for you, use Trinity with Blessing, Streamline, and Flow. You can go stick Ogris in their faces without taking any damage.

If hitting things too close to you is a concern, use Shred. Alternatively, the realization may be that you are not using a rocket launcher the way it was meant to be used - from a safe distance. Resort to a sidearm instead.

Sure, sometimes I hit myself with the ogris. That blast radius is pretty high. However, I can get along fine even on a squishy frame since I have shred on and I sometimes do a hop backwards before firing.

I have shred on.

A level two shred in fact.

Rockets still explode on impact, which is very odd.