Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path..."It's dead, Jim."

Jaccsen

Do people understand that each node only needs to be done once. It’s basically 20 easy to make hours on content for those who want a reason to replay the star chart.

your not going to find piles of people since were all split up doing are own nodes. Depending on the day I’ll do 0-3 nodes. That’s 0 to 15 min max chance to see me and that’s only on a random node once a day. If this is everyone who does it you would need a massive population doing steel path to see missions full all the time.

11 hours ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Pfff. Play for fun and stop complaining. Read this, if DE ever ships ultra hard mode I hope they remove rewards. As long as I’m having F U N seeing those red crits with my melee and my 10k plat riven I don’t care about anything else.

What happened with FUN FIRST? 

F    U    N

U

N

/s

They took too much time in developing what is basically a level increase, sortie modifier and copypasted rewards from Arbi (that only got there after the test cluster).

I’m sure they will improve it futhermore but as of right now... Meh.

Thanks for defining what is fun for other players. 

16 hours ago, Jaccsen said:

They released content that it not fun to play.

Counter-argument: it is fun to play.

As a someone who's been playing this game for years and has a pretty wide selection of very powerful tools in their Arsenal, there's a pretty constant issue for me of "all dressed up and nowhere to go". My loadout can take insane punishment and throw it right back at the toughest of enemies, but for the new Prime Relics and many other reasons I'm stuck playing in the 5-40 range. Playing in content where I actually have to give more than minimum effort and attention is refreshing.

18 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Mastery collectors are.

just like you are "forced" to max all the fodder and do terrible intrinsic grind, and waste like 60(?) formas and grid on all the kuva weapons? high mastery is pointless and if you are forcing yourself to waste time on all these boring things - its nothing but your choice

1 hour ago, Monolake said:

just like you are "forced" to max all the fodder and do terrible intrinsic grind, and waste like 60(?) formas and grid on all the kuva weapons? high mastery is pointless and if you are forcing yourself to waste time on all these boring things - its nothing but your choice

I would say this is DE beening desperate to get poeple to play it. .  DE knows some players do care about mastery.  Who are you to judge. ..  they know the rewards suck  so just like railjack.  Try to force their players into this joke of a game mode. ..

56 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

RIP Steel Path 2020-2020

Astronomia Rip GIF - Astronomia Rip Lol - Discover & Share GIFs

not even on console and people already writing it off.. that's got to be a new record, even for this community.

Nah, that's what happens with anything new.

Especially with warframes. Just after a concept art we already get posts about the frame being mastery fodder, or something like that.

6 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

As a someone who's been playing this game for years and has a pretty wide selection of very powerful tools in their Arsenal, there's a pretty constant issue for me of "all dressed up and nowhere to go". My loadout can take insane punishment and throw it right back at the toughest of enemies, but for the new Prime Relics and many other reasons I'm stuck playing in the 5-40 range. Playing in content where I actually have to give more than minimum effort and attention is refreshing.

i mean i pretty much afk'd my entire 20 hrs in steel path with umbra and wukong with the same builds i had from 1 year ago. i didn't feel any challenge. instead now i am watching two videos on youtube while afk instead of 1 like in normal missions lol. it's not really hard per say, just tedious and still very very much cheesable.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

RIP Steel Path 2020-2020

Astronomia Rip GIF - Astronomia Rip Lol - Discover & Share GIFs

not even on console and people already writing it off.. that's got to be a new record, even for this community.

I had warned this was going to be the case ever since "hard mode" was announced back on May 8thIf the rewards were not worth it then people would ignore it because it would be competing against normal mode for time efficiency.

Kuva alone (Which is arguably the most scarce/important resource in the game once you're done crafting) is best farmed in normal mode, which hurts Kuva Survival/Disruption in TSP. You have Kuva in the store, but I only got 180 Steel Essence after farming a total of 5 hours as Pilfering Strangledome Khora + Nekros with both resource and a drop chance booster in Gabii, Ceeres (+35 drop chance). That is absurd. That level of farming efficiency should not be required when the only thing left in the store after cosmetics is Kuva as it effectively kills playing incentives for those not optimizing loot-gathering to the extreme. It punishes you for playing with frames you like even if they can survive for long. 

Other loot-based games don't have this problem because their respective hard/NG+ modes give you many incentives to just move on from normal mode and never look back, but DE decided not to make TSP "mandatory", thus limiting incentives for it without taking into account that normal mode already has time efficiency going for it, and that alone makes normal mode more valuable than hard mode for many players. 

I myself will only play TSP when I want to do REGULAR Survival. My favorite game mode (Kuva Disruption) is more rewarding to play in normal mode. Same for Kuva Survival. But regular survival in TSP is fun because I already play regular survival for the fun of killing. Nothing else going on for it beyond that.

23 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Mastery collectors are.

If you are a mastery collector and MR29...you have the tools to solo/chese every mission w/ minimal button presses.   Well..unless, you were an AFK mastery collector...and yeah, no sympathy.  

51 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

If you are a mastery collector and MR29...you have the tools to solo/chese every mission w/ minimal button presses.   Well..unless, you were an AFK mastery collector...and yeah, no sympathy.  

I'm a Mastery Collector but MR 16 because those extra MR had no benefits that measured against the annoyance of those tests. MR 30? Once my exp is high enough I'll just bumrush to it and that'll be it.

Edit: Gotta lvoe how my portrait bug of not being able to be changed is now Randomly change on it's own.

2 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

i mean i pretty much afk'd my entire 20 hrs in steel path with umbra and wukong with the same builds i had from 1 year ago. i didn't feel any challenge. instead now i am watching two videos on youtube while afk instead of 1 like in normal missions lol. it's not really hard per say, just tedious and still very very much cheesable.

So what do you find fun to do in Warframe?

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Especially with warframes. Just after a concept art we already get posts about the frame being mastery fodder, or something like that.

Yup. Some malcontented YouTuber who knows that being an edgelord says "zomg this is going to be trash" no matter what, and all of the sheep start waving the banner probably thinking that way they are going to get to be edgy too. 

In the mean time, content drops, people enjoy it or don't as a matter of personal preference, and the world keeps turning. 

Shrug. 

9 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

They could have increased Endo drop rate, maybe chance of umbra forma dropping, and then a legendary core etc for completing planets, bosses, or just for completing the entire thing.

Loot tables would have taken them 5 minutes to adjust.

4 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Don't forget weapons, those things are declared DoA unless they are the new Catchmoon/Bramma every single time.

The ones that aren't declared DoA are often forgotten about completely.

Honestly, I am MR29. I have most everything in the game but I still need endo, formsas, umbra formas, legendary cores etc. 

The Steel Path offers nothing of what I need in the game outside of a few decos. The essence drop rate is a joke and there is nothing worth it on the vendor. It is better to run normal mode for just about anything I still need in the game.

In another week, Steel Path will be dead outside of a handful of people who "want a challenge." You will not get people playing it after the rest of the base drops it so it will be a dead mode.

Did people honestly think the mostly average players would care about hard mode enough to spam it?

Lol poor naive fools. People only do something to gain a reward.

So long as the rewards are lackluster only the tryhards are going to spam it. Even if the rewards are cosmetic.

Iver time perhaps more rewards can be added that people actually want.  But atm it's just not worth it.

I still personally enjoy cracking skulls just for kicks personally. Just for a few hrs a day.

I've finished the Path, and while I wouldn't quite say it was fun I did enjoy the increased difficulty. That being said; the rewards are all wrong. As others have said the people who are playing the steel path are at a point where many of the rewards given are not needed. Plus what they do need does not drop. If the rewards were more in line with the level of the players it would be more replayable. For instance more endo, or a way to get forma. Maybe something to promote the boss fights. It's not like we need more frame parts. Instead a forma blueprint or something. Giving a huge prize isn't necessarily a good thing but giving us something that we need on a regular basis increases the chances of us going back.

On 2020-07-19 at 4:51 PM, Alpha_Tango said:

The thing is you are not "forced" to do any of it all.

You are not forced to do anything. There are things that the game incentivizes and things it doesn't. There are currently multiple content islands in the game without any incentives to engage with them past initial curiocity. Why spend time and money developing new content if it's not rooted into the rest of the game's effort-reward loop?...dunno?

3 hours ago, Jaccsen said:

Loot tables

Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on your activity in this thread, I take it that the reward is the most important aspect of content for you.

Personally, I don't feel the same way.

I think the stake we each have in playing Warframe is far too different for us to have a meaningful discussion.

Friend of mine is playing for the room decoration. I helped him yesterday with Alad V assassination and we got a steel essence, fun enough he cheered and at the same time when I asked him what we can do with this essence, he answered with : " Oh you can buy garbage with it from Tenshi"

Overall as my first hard mode, I didn't feel anything special besides the numbers and occasional damage spike. Would require to know the developer theory from this.

Its a pure assumption from my part but I think they want a place where the people that did Min Max have a playground to push their potential and feel they are at the brink at the same time. But the whole shtick of an ARPG is to have a balance between Defense and Offensive, suggestion would be to add a an emphasis on the defensive part and add map mods where it requires the person to adapt their mods instead of one size fits all builds that we have now since there is almost no penalty to not invest in defense that much.

Archived