Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path..."It's dead, Jim."

Jaccsen

1 hour ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

We already knew that.

What it is:
 Higher Difficulty Series of content that rewards exclusive cosmetic decorations, emotes, and mastery.
An extra layer of opportunity for players to use their powerful gear to take on threats at a higher level without having to wait in missions for long periods of time.
 A way to engage with some better scaling Affinity and Mod Rewards.

What it isn’t:
 - intended to be associated with the nebulous ‘end game’ topic.
 - overly complicated in its goal to simply provide higher level content and some exclusive rewards.
 - tiered. We are providing one 100+ level pass to be cognizant of matchmaking for our first iteration.

It's only your problem if you weren't aware.

I also already knew this. That doesn't mean it was the right approach for DE to take.

Steel Path is geared towards veterans, but the problem is that all it can offer is basically better XP, better resource drop rate and higher level difficulty, that's it. Not really a massive incentive to invest time into it. Most veterans are already swimming in hundreds of thousands of resources and don't really need more XP boosts. Increasing the levels and XP/resource rewards is not content and neither are the pitiful rewards we get offered at the end.

It's a completely pointless mode until DE add some real incentive to it, otherwise it simply be another forgotten feature DE spent time on and then abandoned, like Lunaro, Frame Fighter, Kuva Liche's, the Alignment System etc etc. Quite frankly, it's tiring to see so many pointless features added when they could be so much more.

30 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I also already knew this. That doesn't mean it was the right approach for DE to take.

Steel Path is geared towards veterans, but the problem is that all it can offer is basically better XP, better resource drop rate and higher level difficulty, that's it. Not really a massive incentive to invest time into it. Most veterans are already swimming in hundreds of thousands of resources and don't really need more XP boosts. Increasing the levels and XP/resource rewards is not content and neither are the pitiful rewards we get offered at the end.

It's a completely pointless mode until DE add some real incentive to it, otherwise it simply be another forgotten feature DE spent time on and then abandoned, like Lunaro, Frame Fighter, Kuva Liche's, the Alignment System etc etc. Quite frankly, it's tiring to see so many pointless features added when they could be so much more.

Yea exactly I agree. But this is probably why they got rid of raids: 

Every MMO has an elite minority whose community always gets dismantled because casuals must be included whether that's through complaints, the need of games to not alienate players that give them money etc. 

You already had people whining they couldn't kill a boss in the steel path. 

We know why that guy couldn't kill that boss, but we have to pretend or coddle these people instead of just saying "get good". Because you have to be nice to sensitive people for some reason.

I totally understand man, I'm just saying this is unfortunately the state of games and their need to "include everyone". 

I knew from the start this would happen. DE knew this and that's why instead of making a real place for vets or min-maxers, they kinda said "We know the casuals wont let us get away with this, just try to make a middle ground the best we can."

I'm more on the side of "I understand, I'll take what I can get, thanks for the high levels."

Hopefully they are watching and observing to place other rewards in later,  but there's a small chance of that happening I think. 

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea exactly I agree. But this is probably why they got rid of raids: 

Every MMO has an elite minority whose community always gets dismantled because casuals must be included whether that's through complaints, the need of games to not alienate players that give them money etc. 

You already had people whining they couldn't kill a boss in the steel path. 

We know why that guy couldn't kill that boss, but we have to pretend or coddle these people instead of just saying "get good". Because you have to be nice to sensitive people for some reason.

I totally understand man, I'm just saying this is unfortunately the state of games and their need to "include everyone". 

I knew from the start this would happen. DE knew this and that's why instead of making a real place for vets or min-maxers, they kinda said "We know the casuals wont let us get away with this, just try to make a middle ground the best we can."

I'm more on the side of "I understand, I'll take what I can get, thanks for the high levels."

Hopefully they are watching and observing to place other rewards in later,  but there's a small chance of that happening I think. 

In other games, if they simply avoided putting in any equipment rewards, we would see if any of the "elite" would continue to play it. They always say it's fun, but i haven't seen anything but the "elitists" whining about the casuals and how they ruin everything, as you just demonstrated. Of course, the "casuals" on the other hand, whine how the elitists ruin everything, but that is nothing new. Everyone will just whine and whine.

Of course, as we all expected, not many people will bother with cosmetics in the steel path. Maybe someone will but then that someone is a minority in a minority. It's inclusive, because they want people playing their game as much as possible. After all, think of the possibility for sales!

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

In other games, if they simply avoided putting in any equipment rewards, we would see if any of the "elite" would continue to play it. They always say it's fun, but i haven't seen anything but the "elitists" whining about the casuals and how they ruin everything, as you just demonstrated. Of course, the "casuals" on the other hand, whine how the elitists ruin everything, but that is nothing new. Everyone will just whine and whine.

Of course, as we all expected, not many people will bother with cosmetics in the steel path. Maybe someone will but then that someone is a minority in a minority. It's inclusive, because they want people playing their game as much as possible. After all, think of the possibility for sales!

Well I've only been here for a little over a year, but from what I've heard, enemies used to be harder, yet they had to be nerfed multiple times. 

Before the steel path, that's a direct example of someone's gameplay being affected by a casual. 

Since the Steel Path is here, it doesnt matter anymore though, all is well because the people that make the game knew it was needed and fulfilled a request.

But yet here people were calling something they clearly weren't ready for "The Sponge Path". They literally stepped into an arena they weren't ready for and complained. They said "You guys just said a level increase, why is there also an armor increase" or something along those lines.

Then I saw someone get chastised for simply saying "Maybe it's not for you." Which is a completely valid observation: Some people have work to do before they step up to the plate. 

I'm not going to the regular starchart and asking them to make it harder.

On 2020-07-30 at 11:51 PM, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Here's a crazy concept some of content rushers may not have heard about: 

"It is a normal phenomenon if it follows prolonged physical or mental activity, and resolves completely with rest."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatigue

Well you're clever I guess? That's exactly what I'm saying? 

I'm totally not rushing content by the way it's almost half month by the time I made that comment and I barely half done with Venus.

Basically it's boring. Whatever it's trying to accomplish the only thing it did successfully was bored the hell out of me.

20 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Well you're clever I guess? That's exactly what I'm saying? 

I'm totally not rushing content by the way it's almost half month by the time I made that comment and I barely half done with Venus.

Basically it's boring. Whatever it's trying to accomplish the only thing it did successfully was bored the hell out of me.

Yea I understand. I totally get some people are just "over" warframe. The guy that helped me when I started was about to quit so he was doing something nice for me before he left. He plays ESO and that game with the cars and the ball.

Once you get all the mods and forma some frames and weapons and are able to one or 2 shot everything, you're basically just experimenting with weapons and rivens. It's not for everyone.

Archived