Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen Request/Suggestion - 2H Khopesh

Title pretty much says it all. Warframe needs a large two handed khopesh and while I am aware of the Khopesh for longswords there isn't one that is two handed. While it's true that there are several two handed Tennogen blades, every single one of them is straight bladed and it's that lack of variety that I came to the forums to post this thread. The khopesh is an amazing design and there is no better time to finally have a curved blade for a 2 handed weapons than now with Inaros Prime being recently released. I'm hoping that there is a Tennogen designer here that would be willing to take this idea and turn this beautiful, timeless design, and convert it into a two handed weapon skin to be show cased with the Sentinel of the Sands.

On 2020-07-20 at 11:55 AM, Vulbjorn said:

What style, prime-esque?

I like the idea of keeping the traditional form with some exaggerated features, like a slightly deeper curve to the blade. Definitely have some prime like features, maybe a metalic inlay of Egyptian script along the blade (I would make the metal color a rose gold personally). Maybe some ribbon like tasets that are akin to the papyrus wrappings the Egyptians used for mummification. 

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. 

I remember that Vulbjorn actually did work on a kopesh skin a while ago exept it was for dual blades. I remember really loving it!

im not sure the Tennogen artists can actually do prime aesthetic skins but I can see them doing a Tenno, infested, greneer, corpus, or sentient skin for it. I think it’d look super dope.

The problem is, the way DE designed the Khopesh skin, it is backwards. It's really closer to an axe than a sword. They don't seem to want to fix it either, per comments they made when it was brought up. I'd really only want a 2h khopesh skin (heavy weapons) if both models were swinging correctly.

On 2020-07-22 at 2:42 PM, SpicyDinosaur said:

The problem is, the way DE designed the Khopesh skin, it is backwards. It's really closer to an axe than a sword. They don't seem to want to fix it either, per comments they made when it was brought up. I'd really only want a 2h khopesh skin (heavy weapons) if both models were swinging correctly.

Reversing it turned it into a bastardized sickle essentially which was designed to chop and hack. The kopesh was designed to slice and be able to draw the blade away from the target quickly, allowing the user to have a quicker follow up swing. 

I'm really hoping to see a 2H kopesh skin for heavy blades and not what DE did. Sorry DE, I love your work for the most part but your kopesh design was a misstep. 

• 5 months later...
17 hours ago, TwilightRanger86 said:

Any updates? Is this considered a dead topic now?

Dead topic? Was it ever alive to start with?

Or were you under the impression that just saying "some fellow player should do something for me" was enough to magically produce a Tennogen skin?

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Dead topic? Was it ever alive to start with?

Or were you under the impression that just saying "some fellow player should do something for me" was enough to magically produce a Tennogen skin?

Inflammatory comment much? 

1) If you read the beginning of this, an artist did come forward and I was curious as to if they were still interested. 

2) To my knowledge no one had brought up the idea so I did

3) It's Tennogen. I'm willing to pay for the content. Do I benefit? Absolutely. Do other players that might be interested in the content benefit as well? Absolutely.

Archived