Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Needs To Be Fixed

rogarn

This is bull$#@%... seriously. I have to deal with a weapon that has a charge time to fire.. okay.. I have to deal with projectiles that go slower than I can run.. okay... but I also have to deal with not being able to see 50% of the time I'm sniping? this is not okay. sometimes, I can move the camera around and remove this glare, but the majority of the time, I can't. I have to know where I'm shooting before I start charging, charge, and then hope that I have correctly judge where my target will be in the 2 seconds after I've charged. This isn't even accounting for targets in the game not following the laws of physics(see fully armored grineer at full sprint, stop, spin, and continue into a full sprint in the exact opposite direction in under half a foot of distance and less than half a second of time)!

r0UghH5.jpg

Try increasing your FOV.
I increased my FOV to 70-75 in the very beggining of the game, and I avoided most the problems people had with sentinels blocking their view and all sorts of glares like vauban's teslas or this Lanka issue, which I never noticed, and I use the Lanka a lot.

Of course, that's a bandaid fix, and I agree that DE should fix it up.

Try increasing your FOV.

I increased my FOV to 70-75 in the very beggining of the game, and I avoided most the problems people had with sentinels blocking their view and all sorts of glares like vauban's teslas or this Lanka issue, which I never noticed, and I use the Lanka a lot.

Of course, that's a bandaid fix, and I agree that DE should fix it up.

What is FOV ?

Happens most of the time if you are charging the weapon before you use the zoom (or is it vice versa? Haven't played Lanka for

a while now). But it's true, very annoying. And it's redundant, we have a charge indicator at the crosshair, there's really no need

for further visual indicators.

the only reason i stop use my lanka is this,is so annoying but i don't think they ever going to fix it in ther developers mind is ok not big dial....

so disappointing.

After putting 6 formas on my lanka... I don't think I can stop using it.

Might get little off topic, but any chance you'd like to share what mods your Lanka has eaten? Pics plz!1

xdrL12Q.jpg

here you go. I'm still testing to see how heavy caliber reacts with Lanka now that it's been  changed. So far I've noticed an insignificant amount of difference(I don't headyshot anymore, even though they recently fixed that).

here you go. I'm still testing to see how heavy caliber reacts with Lanka now that it's been  changed. So far I've noticed an insignificant amount of difference(I don't headyshot anymore, even though they recently fixed that).

Oh, thanks! It's a crazy looking setup you have. o_0

Huh, that's an odd build I would replace the Hellfire, Stormbringer, Cryo Rounds with Point Strike, Vital Sense, and Hammer shot. It has a base 20% chance to crit, 50 with point strike, so you can get some insane numbers. The Arsenal lies. And Heavy Caliber is now Speed trigger for me, since I don't like the accuracy penalty.

Edited by N7Arthur

In my opinion the visual effect is not that bad, but yes, I can agree with it being a tad bit too large.

Concerning mods, I sometimes go with the rainbow build, but with the lanka you should definitely at least use Point Strike to reach that 50% crit-chance.

My static mods for my lanka are more or less (in order of importance):

• Serration
  • Speed Trigger
  • Split Chamber
  • Point Strike

My current build, I am currently debating if I should replace Heavy Caliber, but currently it does not seem to be that bad.

3pLhEQP.jpg

In my opinion the visual effect is not that bad, but yes, I can agree with it being a tad bit too large.

Concerning mods, I sometimes go with the rainbow build, but with the lanka you should definitely at least use Point Strike to reach that 50% crit-chance.

Huh, that's an odd build I would replace the Hellfire, Stormbringer, Cryo Rounds with Point Strike, Vital Sense, and Hammer shot. It has a base 20% chance to crit, 50 with point strike, so you can get some insane numbers. The Arsenal lies. And Heavy Caliber is now Speed trigger for me, since I don't like the accuracy penalty.

For me, it came down to either cryo rounds or point strike. If you actually plug in the numbers into any calculator(or do it manually to double check your disbelief), you'll see that cryo rounds adds aproximately 600 dps over point strike. In addition to this higher dps, you'll have less overkill because you crit less. This is ONLY the case if you have both serration and heavy caliber on, otherwise point strike is the more valuable mod. Please remember that elemental damage is calculated out of the base damage after it has been modified by both serration and split chambers. 

Okay, all mod talk aside, it seems as though some people just ignore the glare that the gun gives off.  Just because some people are easily able to ignore it, doesn't mean it should be there. I chose the lanka for it's stats and handling. I shouldn't have to go choose a different gun just because of some visual effects. 

Please remember that elemental damage is calculated out of the base damage after it has been modified by both serration and split chambers.

And please remember that mobs (outside of Mercury :P) get insane resistance numbers to every fckin element except Armor Piercing

at higher levels. So, against high level mobs (maybe it evens a bit out against heavy shield units with Cryo / also useful for the slow)

you do usually better with just an AI base damage type + AP + high crits.

This is bull$#@%... seriously. I have to deal with a weapon that has a charge time to fire.. okay.. I have to deal with projectiles that go slower than I can run.. okay... but I also have to deal with not being able to see 50% of the time I'm sniping? this is not okay. sometimes, I can move the camera around and remove this glare, but the majority of the time, I can't. I have to know where I'm shooting before I start charging, charge, and then hope that I have correctly judge where my target will be in the 2 seconds after I've charged. This isn't even accounting for targets in the game not following the laws of physics(see fully armored grineer at full sprint, stop, spin, and continue into a full sprint in the exact opposite direction in under half a foot of distance and less than half a second of time)!

"I have to deal with projectiles that go slower than I can run.."

Uhm.... The Lanka is the fastest non-hitscan weapon in the game.

I think you can't sprint faster than it.

This isn't even accounting for targets in the game not following the laws of physics(see fully armored grineer at full sprint, stop, spin, and continue into a full sprint in the exact opposite direction in under half a foot of distance and less than half a second of time)!

I agree,DE should make the enemy animations (and even the tenno while they're at it) more fluent, more life-like,make it feel that the heavy armor is slowing the grineer down,make it feel that when I turn around 180 degrees I slide a bit,accelerate for 0.5 sec untill I get back to full speed

xdrL12Q.jpg

Impressive setup, considering the time it takes to be ranked up.

BTW, I'd like to know other players' point of view on "charged chamber/prime chamber"  and "Bane of..." mods for the Lanka.

Thanks