Jump to content

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread


(PSN)CagzJohn06
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sony is slightly loosening up about things like this.  Bethesda strong armed them into allowing cross platform play recently by simply saying that they wouldn't release certain products for PS4 if there wasn't cross play allowed.

Edited by Ulfhednar9
typing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

-Snip-

Alright, but that's Fortnite which had the same economy/prices across all platforms. DE would need to change the value of plat everywhere to allow Sonysoft to still make similar amounts of money, plus or wound be bad for the trade economy since you would get more plat flooding into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Atsia said:

Alright, but that's Fortnite which had the same economy/prices across all platforms. DE would need to change the value of plat everywhere to allow Sonysoft to still make similar amounts of money, plus or wound be bad for the trade economy since you would get more plat flooding into it.

doesnt matter, account portability is more importance, especially for DE, just say Xbox rules the next gen, so what happen to all the PS4 consumer that switch to Xbox? DE would probably lost most of their PS4 customer which means DE lost a lot of potential income overnight and vice versa...

with cross platform access, warframe players from every console can fall back to PC or just bring their warframe account to other platform that warframe is available... so in a long run, everyone including DE benefited from cross platform access..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

doesnt matter, account portability is more importance, especially for DE, just say Xbox rules the next gen, so what happen to all the PS4 consumer that switch to Xbox? DE would probably lost most of their PS4 customer which means DE lost a lot of potential income overnight and vice versa...

with cross platform access, warframe players from every console can fall back to PC or just bring their warframe account to other platform that warframe is available... so in a long run, everyone including DE benefited from cross platform access..

Didn't read your source, but does it talk about the cert-process and how Sony wants to speed up that process? Because that needs to happen for any form of "cross-something".
Different versions of the game will make a "cross-something" pretty much impossible.

The thing is your information is 3 weeks old, and DE didn't say anything about it. Not even said, that they may consider something.
So the important information for the OP and for this thread is: Doesn't happen right now. You can always wait for it to happen, but don't put your money on it, because still: Fortnite is entirely different to Warframe.

Edited by WhiteMarker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

doesnt matter, account portability is more importance, especially for DE, just say Xbox rules the next gen, so what happen to all the PS4 consumer that switch to Xbox? DE would probably lost most of their PS4 customer which means DE lost a lot of potential income overnight and vice versa...

with cross platform access, warframe players from every console can fall back to PC or just bring their warframe account to other platform that warframe is available... so in a long run, everyone including DE benefited from cross platform access..

Yes it does matter. You can't just allow changes like that without thinking of the consequences. Not only would they have to change the values of plat so that Sony and Microsoft still make the same kind of money of the game as they do now off of plat sales and Tennogen so that artists who sell to DE aren't also losing money from sales on PC, the in-game trade economy would be upset by inflation from all the extra plat that'd be introduced into the system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Atsia said:

Yes it does matter. You can't just allow changes like that without thinking of the consequences. Not only would they have to change the values of plat so that Sony and Microsoft still make the same kind of money of the game as they do now off of plat sales and Tennogen so that artists who sell to DE aren't also losing money from sales on PC, the in-game trade economy would be upset by inflation from all the extra plat that'd be introduced into the system.

no it doesnt matter if DE lost the existing player from stuff like switching platform or not making warframe for next gen console.. whatever income plan you have layout are pointless if potential income turn to almost zero..

epic game understand this and this is why they push for cross platform access..

the thing with platinum is easy to fix... just standardize everything.. problem solve.. some player might complain before thing changes for either better or worse, but the long term it would be better... this changes might cause some lose of players, but it's not going to be as much as losing all the players from one platform overnight..

when come to things like this, always plan for long term not short term.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Just what kind of license could DE sign with Sony what makes sure they cant just go and make a copy of someones progression on their own servers and paste it to their other servers?

You're basically asking Sony/Microsoft "Hey, can we take a paying customer away from you?  Someone who will very likely never make ingame purchases again on this title?"
That should pretty well sum up why Sony/Microsoft don't like transfers away from their consoles, even for F2P games that are on multiple systems.

Why would they make it easy/possible to move away from their ecosystem?  After all if you are facing starting completely over from scratch then you're more likely to stay on their platform meaning that you're more likely to give them money by buying ingame stuff.

Its all about money.

10 hours ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

And this means jack.  After all that's fortnight that has a major publisher behind it that can put pressure on Sony.  What sort of pressure can DE put on them?  Oh right....absolutely none.

Just because Fortnight/Bethesda is getting crossplay/crossprogression doesn't mean that it'll extend to smaller devs like DE.

Be a little bit realistic.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)calvin_0 said:

he thing with platinum is easy to fix... just standardize everything

Good luck.
Where do you standardize?
Further what about tennogen?  If there is cross progression why would anyone ever buy tennogen with real money and not just hop onto console and buy it with plat?  This would pretty much kill tennogen, as without getting paid for stuff people wouldn't do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

You're basically asking Sony/Microsoft "Hey, can we take a paying customer away from you?  Someone who will very likely never make ingame purchases again on this title?"
That should pretty well sum up why Sony/Microsoft don't like transfers away from their consoles, even for F2P games that are on multiple systems.

Why would they make it easy/possible to move away from their ecosystem?  After all if you are facing starting completely over from scratch then you're more likely to stay on their platform meaning that you're more likely to give them money by buying ingame stuff.

Its all about money.

But the problem is that they dont hold full authority over this game, DE could go and "accidentally" delete a bunch of accounts on the ps and compensate them by giving out pc clone accounts.

By this logic DE could go and close down warframe on consoles and they would lose a bunch of paying customers, most probably much more than what they could lose on some guy who migrated to pc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

But the problem is that they dont hold full authority over this game, DE could go and "accidentally" delete a bunch of accounts on the ps and compensate them by giving out pc clone accounts.

Even though we don't know about the contracts between DE and Sony/Microsoft, I'm pretty sure something like that would violate said contracts...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

PLEASE ive been looking for a way to link my PS4 account to my PC, i wanna play with all the things and stats i have on my PS4 account and use all the frames i have on my PS4 account on my PC. Is there a way to do this?

also another question i have is i was whispering someone in game and i lost contact with them and i dont know how to get back in touch, anyone know how i can get back in contact with him ? he said hed give me a Mag Prime Set for free when im mastery rank 2, which i just got and i dont know how to message him back. 

Can someone help me please?4958d53ce4922890dcfc486c6ed03789.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no way to transfer progress from the PS4 to the PC, Sony does not allow it.

In chat, you can type "/w username Hello" without the quotes to open a PM with "username" saying hello or whatever.  Could also add them to your friendslist and PM them from there when they're on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Aquafinur said:

Is there a way to do this?

No. You can't "link" the accounts, nor transfer the accounts. Your two accounts are entirely independent.

11 minutes ago, Aquafinur said:

also another question i have is i was whispering someone in game and i lost contact with them and i dont know how to get back in touch, anyone know how i can get back in contact with him ? he said hed give me a Mag Prime Set for free when im mastery rank 2, which i just got and i dont know how to message him back. 

If you played with this other person recently enough, you can spot them on your "recent players" list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...