Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

14 minutes ago, (NSW)death2juliet said:

What is stopping DE?

What is stopping DE from doing something they have already announced they are looking into?

Let me see...

Oh yes. They are looking into it.

58 minutes ago, (NSW)death2juliet said:

I know destiny just annouced it was doing cross-save on all platforms.. What is stopping DE? I know cross -play cant happen but it would be awesome to be able to play my one account on all devices when i want. Instead of this one time transfer..

Having PC almost always being first with the updates puts it in a weird position as I look at the other platforms and go "why would I want to play an older version?"

This is something that has been on the back burner forever for them.. I wouldnt blame microsoft because they have been very open about cross platform and saving.. As far a sony is concerned regardless that they may have the most users what does it hurt by allowing people to play any device they want? If the ps4 or the ps5 is the best platform people will still buy it regardless if they can play on a switch, xbox, pc..

No matter what game console you play on or what game you play. We should all want to play wherever and whenever we want as gamers if you truly enjoy playing warframe or any other game.

58 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

What is stopping DE from doing something they have already announced they are looking into?

Let me see...

Oh yes. They are looking into it.

Should have been a feature out of the box. It should have been looked into way back when they decided to launch on 4 platforms.

What the OP is really trying to say is: 

"Whats the hold up?"

We are playing many games with unified accounts. Other devs have already jumped through the hoops. Copy what they did and make it happen. 

Not about to buy a single thing or platinum until they prove they aren't dragging their feet so they can continue to quadruple dip.

The fact it wasn't implemented at the time of the switch launch (4th platform), yet had their platinum shop up and running, speaks volumes about their business tactics.

How many people can they con into double, triple or even quadruple dipping at launch on a new platform? 

They aren't as savory as you'd like to think. There was a conscious decision made to nickel and dime switch adopters.

Only after enough pushback do you see a line in the devstream about it.

19 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

when they decided to launch on 4 platforms.

You do know they didn't just "decide" to release on 4 platforms, right? And that they would not just make it possible for one and neglect the others? And that Warframe at its start was a very different game, with a very different vision and needs than it is today, right? As the whole industry was, no less.

Don't get me wrong, but saying that it should have been a feature from the get go is naive, because it was not up to DE then, nor was it a thing they could even plan for. This coming from me, who have been rambling about cross progression for years, and to who many people said it'd never happen. That it was impossible. Only now do we reunite the aproapriate conditions to make it happen, such as:

• Universal UI, with faster updates, if not universal ones someday (which I'd be against but that's other matter)
  • Willingness by Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft;

And they still need to figure out how to make it possible with all the exclusive items, plat and tennogen. So it's still a tricky situation.

33 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

Should have been a feature out of the box. It should have been looked into way back when they decided to launch on 4 platforms.

Good. Take your Delorian, go back in time and tell this to DE.

This sort of post-facto armchair strategizing is just extremely pointless. DE didn't, and they also said that Microsoft and Sony didn't let them do it.

But of course, I know that people who think DE should have from the beginning have an airtight argument. Basically, they say -- and it is very sophisticated -- DE lied and didn't to it out of spite.

30 minutes ago, (NSW)death2juliet said:

Yes sorry thats what im trying to say?

Whats the hold up DE??

Do you expect a full report on from the software and networking team who are, as we speak, looking into this?

No i do not need a report from any team or any dev in the matter about this.. What i would like is to see some form of cross progression annouced at tenno-con and i know i cant be the only one.. 

Yes they obviously didnt plan four platforms and yes warframe was a very different game when it was just on pc back then.. But releasing on four platforms today all with different numbers in players should require some sort of cross save to exsist so we can move freely between them. Doesnt hurt any company it benefits all of them to allow us to play at home or on the go..

Didnt compare warframe to destiny-check

Didnt ask for cross platform play- check

Not *@##$ing about accounts locked to one console i have an account on xbox, switch and pc but would love to have only one..

And as far as DE goes they are one of my favorite developers and i have given a lot of support with my wallet on all platforms..

This is not a hate thread its just a question as to why shouldnt we already have this.. 

Rather you want to admit it or not cross progression, save, play.. Whatever you want to call it. More and more games are starting to use it and if you have ever used it, then you would see its just a quality of life feature more games should add sooner than later

29 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

We should demand cross-play too, I think that would be really healthy for the game. ¿Impossible? Also cross-progression was impossible before. 

So you want that PC no longer tests patches for consoles?
And you want slower updates, so that every platform plays on the same update?
So you want to have game breaking bugs in the game for a longer time, because they can't fix it right away on PC, because they have to wait for the console cert process?

Man, yeah... sounds super healthy.

On the subject of cross progress:
They still have to figure things out.
What will carry over, and what will not? Will platinum carry over? Will they remove plat discounts on PC for that to happen?
Will console-exclusive skins carry over?
Will Tennogen carry over? (Remember, Tennogen is bought with platinum on consoles)
And if skins won't carry over, how will items look ingame? Standard-skin, and standard colors? Random colors?

It's not impossible to figure these things out. But it isn't easy either.

hace 2 minutos, WhiteMarker dijo:

So you want that PC no longer tests patches for consoles?
And you want slower updates, so that every platform plays on the same update?
So you want to have game breaking bugs in the game for a longer time, because they can't fix it right away on PC, because they have to wait for the console cert process?

Man, yeah... sounds super healthy.

Exactly, those are problems that must be solved before, and right now we dont know how to do it. 

But, does this mean it is impossible to solve them in a way we actually dont know? Nope. DE should give it a try at least. 

1 minute ago, XzWasPzX said:

But, does this mean it is impossible to solve them in a way we actually dont know? Nope. DE should give it a try at least. 

Yeah... you know... I think DE should focus on content.
They shouldn't priotice cross-progress. People will pump money into the game because of content, not because of cross-progress. 

The thing is, you have no idea how hard is is to negotiate with triple A companies nowadays. Things that seem simple on the surface don't always come out so easy when things reach the implementation stage and the big boys start with unreasonable demands or simply refuse to cooperate because reasons... 

Chill, a company with over 200 people on it is still considered extremely small by today's standards. Let them work at their own pace and giving them a nudge when necessary 😉

On a side note to reinforce my statements, before saying something is easy to do try doing it yourself or have a chat with someone with that experience, you will see most times a different view will change your mind. 

Cheers n' stay frosty. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so I have to be with two accounts, one for nintendo switch and one for pc for me it is more comfortable to play nintendo switch since I have the old pc, what is the problem that the game on nintendo switch is almost dead I can not find players and if I play on pc I have an impressive lag but I play and it's still annoying to continue with two different accounts for the same game and I don't think it's the only one many nintendo switch players have stopped playing for not having cross-save

On 2019-06-18 at 12:16 PM, (PS4)BinaryJack said:

If Dauntless can do it, Warframe can do it. 

Sadly it doesnt work that way. Sony and Nintendo make a lot of problem when it come to stuff like this, then you have whole monetization problem and update schedule on top (console once have to be certified by microsoft and sony before they are allowed).

I already understand, but it is still annoying to have to be up 2 master accounts, if at least even if you can not play between all the platforms, the progress is maintained in the same account not in 2 would attract more for being more comfortable

Archived