Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Let's just keep it at "de is looking at it" instead of spreading nonsense.

DE is not looking at it.

They are not looking at migrations.

They are looking at progression sharing, which is something different, and better. Which makes the petition, of course, pointless. But you already knew that.

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Stop using this excuse please, there's dozens of games already having those features while no manufacturer went to war..

Let's just keep it at "de is looking at it" instead of spreading nonsense.

Also OP, search function exists.. just typing keywords brings up hundreds of discussions about it.

I highly suggest you start looking at the amount of money those games are making or the companies behind them. DE is nothing compared to Epic Games or Square Enix for example. And most games with cross play & save had those features from the start aka they could have said "Sorry, we won't launch on your platform if you don't agree to cross play" as leverage to get those features. Meanwhile DE has no leverage in trying to get something that potentially means less money for the console companies if ppl start buying their plat on PC instead of consoles so ofc the console companies are reluctant to agree. Negotiating a contract from a clean table is very different from trying to make changes to an already existing one.

Locking. This issue has already been addressed, re-addressed, addressed to death, addressed back to life, and then addressed back to death.

While DE can certainly look into implementing account migration, cross-save or cross-play and develop the functionality, the decision to implement it in game for players to use ultimately does not rest with DE. DE requires permission from all three console manufacturers (Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo) to implement such functionality.

Why all three? Because in the interest of fairness, it would not do to only allow one or two console players such things and not all three groups.

Why is it so hard for Warframe to get permission from all three console manufacturers? Because of several reasons:

• There are platform exclusive gear and cosmetics; allowing more migrations, cross-save or cross-play means allowing platform exclusive items to move onto other platforms
  • Console manufacturers would be potentially losing players
  • Console manufacturers would likely lose out on the % cut they get from users buying platinum (people would migrate to PC, buy platinum with the PC discount, and move back)
  • The game has a trading system that allows players to trade and move around the premium currency between accounts

Hello, my name is vox. 

I bought a switch this september and rlly wanted to play warframe in it. But i didnt find a way to transfer my account... I recently found out migration has been closed... I think this is unfare for those who couldnt have a switch soon enough. Hereby i wanna ask everyone to support those who have the same problem as me and i hope that you all can help me and the ones with the same problem, bring switch migration back. 

Kind regards and much play fun

49 minutes ago, Voxiqo said:

Hereby i wanna ask everyone to support those who have the same problem as me and i hope that you all can help me and the ones with the same problem, bring switch migration back. 

Do some research, you might find out why this won’t happen anytime soon.

Eventually we may get cross-progression. 

2 hours ago, Fabpsi said:

Hi there @Voxiqo^^

Welcome to the Forum! Here, have a cookie! (it is only an imaginary cookie, but I hope you still enjoy it!)

And here the usual answer when it comes to this topic:
chrome_T9ssLr04lK.png
Have a nice weekend!
Cheers,
Fabpsi~

I honestly think that most of the problems can be solved by putting some kind of time restrictions. Like one account can only transfer their save once per year.

The most believable answer for me is still "sony won't let us because they're scared their players would run to pc"

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

I honestly think that most of the problems can be solved by putting some kind of time restrictions. Like one account can only transfer their save once per year.

The most believable answer for me is still "sony won't let us because they're scared their players would run to pc"

except it's not- you see PC to PSN happened: really. But, like with Xbox and Switch- only when Warframe launched on the then console PS3. It won't return for either PS5 or Xbox S or whatever they called her: because whilst the consoles are new the accounts are not and therefore opening up PC <-> Xbox S/ PS5 would also mean Xbox 1 and PS4 as after all: same accounts. You don't need all-new shiny accounts right? Just your Primary console changed and pow! miraculously your progress, account and game are back where you were.

Accept it, transfer only happens when a legit new console or desktop PC OS arrives that DE must build completely for- arrives. Atari Jaguar, Sega Dreamcast get Warframe you'll get transfers to them alone- that's how it works.

On 2020-09-20 at 1:43 PM, 32768 said:

How many people want that do you think? I mean, PS4 doesn't kick the bucket so often that you need to cross-save, should i assume that not that many people play on both PS4 and NDS at the same time?

By the way, i don't think it's going to be cross-save in any foreseeable future, simply because different platform have different builds, and account might be downgraded when transfered from PC to PS4 - some mod might get deleted because it doesn't exist (yet) in PS4 build. How disappointed you're going to be if unobtainable necramech mod is deleted in the migration process? But account-migration (like in subj) might be possible, but not instant, they might migrate your account to PC if you want, but when PS4 patch is approved and all PS4 accounts upgraded to the latest patch.

Another way is to have same build on all platforms which is also unlikely to happen, send your complain to Sony or something.

I kno this thread is old but i just found it and NEED to point out a few things to you about how the migration process will work.

First, NOTHING will be "deleted" from your account. During the original migration anything that you had that was available on the PC but not the console you went was saved into your data during the process and will be "removed". Once that item became available on the console then it would be "added" back to your account like it was never missing to begin with.

Second, DE has been negotiating with Microsoft and Sony for 6 YEARS to try and make it possible for them to allow migrations at will or to enable a cross save system to allow for some form of cross platform play (originally xbox and ps only due to the hardware restrictions). So at this point at least another migration would be warrented for those like me who didn't do the first one because we didn't own or plan to own either of the consoles. But now with PC parts becoming EXTREMELY hard to acquire, either from price or general availability, players are migrating to console because in the long run its more affordable which makes this the perfect time for MS and Sony to allow another migration.

Lastly, ACCOUNT MIGRATION HAS BEEN A THING FOR OVER 6 YEARS! HOW ARE YOU THIS UNINFORMED ON A TOPIC THAT HAS BEEN A CENTER STAGE DISCUSSION FOR NEARLY THE ENTIRE TIME! NEXT TIME, BEFORE YOU WEIGH IN ON A TOPIC DO A LITTLE RESEARCH SO YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE AN IGNORANT AND ARROGANT KNOW-IT-ALL WHO'S GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT WAS LEARNING HOW TO SUCK ON HIS MOMMA'S TIT!

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

10 hours ago, Zarosio said:

I kno this thread is old but i just found it and NEED to point out a few things to you about how the migration process will work.

First, NOTHING will be "deleted" from your account. During the original migration anything that you had that was available on the PC but not the console you went was saved into your data during the process and will be "removed". Once that item became available on the console then it would be "added" back to your account like it was never missing to begin with.

Second, DE has been negotiating with Microsoft and Sony for 6 YEARS to try and make it possible for them to allow migrations at will or to enable a cross save system to allow for some form of cross platform play (originally xbox and ps only due to the hardware restrictions). So at this point at least another migration would be warrented for those like me who didn't do the first one because we didn't own or plan to own either of the consoles. But now with PC parts becoming EXTREMELY hard to acquire, either from price or general availability, players are migrating to console because in the long run its more affordable which makes this the perfect time for MS and Sony to allow another migration.

Lastly, ACCOUNT MIGRATION HAS BEEN A THING FOR OVER 6 YEARS! HOW ARE YOU THIS UNINFORMED ON A TOPIC THAT HAS BEEN A CENTER STAGE DISCUSSION FOR NEARLY THE ENTIRE TIME! NEXT TIME, BEFORE YOU WEIGH IN ON A TOPIC DO A LITTLE RESEARCH SO YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE AN IGNORANT AND ARROGANT KNOW-IT-ALL WHO'S GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT WAS LEARNING HOW TO SUCK ON HIS MOMMA'S TIT!

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

2 months later...

3 hours ago, Firetempest said:

That was never a thing. When WF launched to a console, there was a short one time PC to console move. They are however talking about cross progression. But it's only talk.

Come-on cross progression, still holding onto some little hope even after a little close to 2 years. Would like to go back to playing on the Nintendo switch

Dear DE I love your game!

I upgraded to a PC from a xbox one and I want to play on PC, But i don't want to start all over, I have put so much time and money into my account.

For a Christmas to us all, Can you please find a way to save transfer. If i have to pay for it i would. I just want to play your amazing game on PC.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Jewhe said:

I upgraded to a PC from a xbox one and I want to play on PC, But i don't want to start all over, I have put so much time and money into my account.

For a Christmas to us all, Can you please find a way to save transfer. If i have to pay for it i would. I just want to play your amazing game on PC.

There are multiple thread about this already. On quick search will find you the info you are looking for. Please use this to prevent making unnecessary duplicate threads.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Jewhe said:

Also don’t use the mega thread tag. That’s for the devs to use for the fused feedback threads.

Archived