Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)Jewhe said:

Dear DE I love your game!

I upgraded to a PC from a xbox one and I want to play on PC, But i don't want to start all over, I have put so much time and money into my account.

For a Christmas to us all, Can you please find a way to save transfer. If i have to pay for it i would. I just want to play your amazing game on PC.

300px-We_Don't_Do_That_Here.jpg

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Jewhe said:

Dear Phil Spencer I love War Frame!

I upgraded to a PC from a xbox one and I want to play on PC, But i don't want to start all over, I have put so much time and money into my account.

For a Christmas to us all, Can you please find a way to save transfer. If i have to pay for it i would. I just want to play your amazing game on PC.

Fixed it for you

On 2020-11-23 at 8:52 AM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I started on Xbox and played a good fair bit, spent money and wound up giving it all up to switch to PC. In the end it was worth it, maybe someday they'll do cross save but that sorta thing isn't going to happen any time soon.

lmao yh im in the same boat, i havent played in ages though, dont plan on getting a xbx series x just for wf. cant play until cross save is in

I'm a switch member and since the new consoles came out i'm planning on getting one of the next gen xbox es, but if I sell my switch/and my warframe account, I'll have to start over again from scratch on xbox. I've been playing for a year, I've bought countless stuff(cosmetics, platinum, war frames, weapons and many in game necessities) and spent up to 25,000 hrs in the game. I shouldn't feel forced to start over now should I? I'm really hoping DE does something soon.

36 minutes ago, (NSW)235714 said:

I'm a switch member and since the new consoles came out i'm planning on getting one of the next gen xbox es, but if I sell my switch/and my warframe account, I'll have to start over again from scratch on xbox. I've been playing for a year, I've bought countless stuff(cosmetics, platinum, war frames, weapons and many in game necessities) and spent up to 25,000 hrs in the game. I shouldn't feel forced to start over now should I? I'm really hoping DE does something soon.

300px-We_Don't_Do_That_Here.jpg

33 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I don't think it's on DE. Pretty sure that it's up to Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. 

There are plenty of other games that those companies allow to be cross-play already, so I doubt they're the ones holding this one specific game back. DE has said they're working on it, so I'd assume that its simply the devs trying to find the time actually hammer out how to make it work with their spaghetti code across four platforms that are all on different patches.

15 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

There are plenty of other games that those companies allow to be cross-play already, so I doubt they're the ones holding this one specific game back. DE has said they're working on it, so I'd assume that its simply the devs trying to find the time actually hammer out how to make it work with their spaghetti code across four platforms that are all on different patches.

Do they have the same terms in their legally binding contracts? Or are those outside of the things that you normally think about when talking about such things? 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Do they have the same terms in their legally binding contracts? Or are those outside of the things that you normally think about when talking about such things? 

I get that you're trying to provoke a reaction out of me but I'm not going to be goaded into an argument over something so insignificant, so have a good evening friend.

Just now, xcrimsonlegendx said:

There are plenty of other games that those companies allow to be cross-play already, so I doubt they're the ones holding this one specific game back. DE has said they're workign on it, so I'd assume that its simply the devs trying to find the time actually hammer out how to make it work with their spaghetti code across four platforms that are all on different patches.

No one knows. It's your speculation against mine.

I assume that it really just comes down to money. I'm not sure how plat sales or tenogen sales work on consoles. I assume that the console companies, DE and artists gets a cut of those sales and Steam, DE and artists gets a cut of pc tennogen. DE, Stream, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo would all have to come to an arrangement that is mutually beneficial financially. Actually implementing cross save/play sounds like the easy part and not a technical or time issue that is holding DE back from provide cross save/play. 

I was under the impression that the console companies had to approve the updates/patches before they were released and that was the reason that consoles were behind on updates/patches.

128741045_1068547173570930_1288540380236517936_n.png?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=BD0xCHVCcfMAX-u9tjs&_nc_ht=scontent.fzal1-1.fna&oh=b1d350fdbef9e7d8b834ba37d732ade9&oe=5FF17E3E

1 hour ago, (NSW)235714 said:

130267874_1068540523571595_6156476664079792572_n.png?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=3HWyx91rxbsAX8y_9R3&_nc_ht=scontent.fzal1-1.fna&oh=3a47b26648c106cfc0d3d3fbbf98614a&oe=5FEFCEF3

Just now, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I get that you're trying to provoke a reaction out of me but I'm not going to be goaded into an argument over something so insignificant, so have a good evening friend.

Looks like you don't have an answer. 

Legally binding contracts are a thing that adults tend to have to consider when they want to stay in business and not be sued into oblivion. Considering that we have console exclusives that are undoubtedly supposed to be.... exclusive.... That's gotta suggest that DE has legally binding obligations to consider when approaching the possibility of cross save. We also know that the Tennogen creators seem to have different reimbursement arrangements on PC and consoles. Those are also going to be affected when people start cross saving. 

Did you take any of these things into consideration before deciding "game x has cross save/play therefore warframe won't have any problems except for getting the code to work, it's DE'S fault"? 

Just now, Berzerkules said:

No one knows. It's your speculation against mine.

I assume that it really just comes down to money. I'm not sure how plat sales or tenogen sales work on consoles. I assume that the console companies, DE and artists gets a cut of those sales and Steam, DE and artists gets a cut of pc tennogen. DE, Stream, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo would all have to come to an arrangement that is mutually beneficial financially. Actually implementing cross save/play sounds like the easy part and not a technical or time issue that is holding DE back from provide cross save/play. 

I was under the impression that the console companies had to approve the updates/patches before they were released and that was the reason that consoles were behind on updates/patches.

Yeah, its all speculation either way.

Most cross-progress games I've played restrict the premium paid currency to the platform its purchased on, so you can't buy plat on Xbox then log in and use it on Playstation. That way PS doesn't feel ripped off in the process, I think that'd work for Warframe and keep the platform manufacturers happy. As for Tennogen, DE pays the community creators a lump sum for the rights to release those items on consoles as far as I've come to understand and DE + the console makers take their cuts of the sale. So Tennogen shouldn't be an issue with cross-save functionality.

And you're right, they do need to certify patches before they go out on consoles. From what I understand they have to pay to submit a patch for the certification process too, so that's why there aren't as many patches on consoles and why they take so long to launch.

I have grinded quite a lot on console but recently upgraded to pc and decided to get back into Warframe now i dude enjoy the farming aspect of the game, I mean its the one reason i play the game to quite honest it keeps me eager to upgrade and continually get better but i spent a lot of time and money on xbox but i want to play on pc but retain my progress and continue off from where i left it years ago  

Archived