Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

6 hours ago, Istabula95 said:

I have grinded quite a lot on console but recently upgraded to pc and decided to get back into Warframe now i dude enjoy the farming aspect of the game, I mean its the one reason i play the game to quite honest it keeps me eager to upgrade and continually get better but i spent a lot of time and money on xbox but i want to play on pc but retain my progress and continue off from where i left it years ago  

You're asking the wrong people. Get Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo to agree. 

am i the only one who is mad that i spent hours upon hours grinding this game and cant get my save data over to my pc from my ps4 i cant play warframe on my ps4 anymore and dont wanna lose all the time and money i put into it by having to start fresh on my pc they need to fix that like now cause if not they will lose lots of players who realize its not possible to keep save data if they switch

it's funny how younger gamers nowadays see sonic on smash bros then take crossplay for granted.

fortunately i and many other warframe players are old enough to understand that companies in our world loves to protect everything.
NES technically had 100% exclusivity because nintendo straight up doesn't allow games that are on their console to even appear on other consoles.
remember when musicians had to sign with major record label just to make an album? the only way to listen to their music was to buy the cassette or cd from said label.

small handful of games managed to become bigger than society and forced console developers to allow crossplay. nintendo now welcomes everyone in smash bros, and cassettes replaced by digital files. but major companies barely changes.
anyone who think sony will gladly let their players go and play some games on pc are delusional. if they can make you sign blood contract that you will never play on any other consoles when you buy a playstation, they will.

16 hours ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

is it even a thing ?

It is a thing in other games, but not (currently) in Warframe. The main blocker seems to be about negotiating approval from all the manufacturers - but this is clearly not impossible: all three seem to be somewhat open to dialogue.

I suspect this is just the case of convincing DE to make these negotiations a higher priority. Judging by the answer in this thread: 

it sounds like some of the manufacturers are already onboard and DE needs the rest of them to agree. We can only speculate as to which ones are which.

Those of us who want Cross-save to be a thing just need to make sure DE considers it a priority.

so iv been a long term ps4 player im Mr 20 something on there and ya all was good i then moved to pc and iv been playing on a seprate account and thing is if cross saved is added i dont want to just abandon all my progress on pc just something to start a conversation for yall would it be reasonable to ask for a way to cross data or simply transfer resources or frames to one account. like so u dont end up with more warframe slots or wepones have the guns and all that go to the foundry or something and or just transfer the parts idk im about to spend money on my pc accounts and i just like the idea of dont one day if cross saves adding just abandoning it y'all know

Il y a 7 heures, Dark_nebulia a dit :

so iv been a long term ps4 player im Mr 20 something on there and ya all was good i then moved to pc and iv been playing on a seprate account and thing is if cross saved is added i dont want to just abandon all my progress on pc just something to start a conversation for yall would it be reasonable to ask for a way to cross data or simply transfer resources or frames to one account. like so u dont end up with more warframe slots or wepones have the guns and all that go to the foundry or something and or just transfer the parts idk im about to spend money on my pc accounts and i just like the idea of dont one day if cross saves adding just abandoning it y'all know

In and of itself such a thing wouldn't be much of an issue if not for one thing.
Synchronicity.
Updates between PC and consoles, and even among consoles, are not synchronised meaning that if you had cross-saves you could run into the problem of getting items on PC that don't exist on consoels yet for example. Not counting the multiple issues of having a save bouncing between versions.

While DE can work on developing it, it is not a feature DE can include unless all three console manufacturers agree to the same terms in allowing it. Ultimately it is Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo that need to give DE permission to implement cross-save or cross-play, as they have the final say with regards to what DE can release on their platforms.

DE is aware of players' interest, but their hands are tied until all three console manufacturers play nice.

12 hours ago, Cyriann said:

In and of itself such a thing wouldn't be much of an issue if not for one thing.
Synchronicity.
Updates between PC and consoles, and even among consoles, are not synchronized meaning that if you had cross-saves you could run into the problem of getting items on PC that don't exist on consoles yet for example. Not counting the multiple issues of having a save bouncing between versions.

well true but i mean i would like a one way system one that goes from console to pc because console stuff is later and ig a fix for idk if i ever want to go back to console is just have the items be locked or not appere tell the update wish ya would couse problems but ya i mainly want to go from ps4 to pc lol

It needs to be I have moved completely to PC now and as soon as i sell my Xbox thats it no more warframe, im not starting all over again with what i spend but ive now stopped putting the money into it knowing that i wont be able to play soon

Its a shame but without cross save i would think this is going to happen to a lot of players

I just wanted to know why there was cross migrations 2 years ago for 1 week between all platforms and now its gone i believe that there should be some sort of cross progression since that what the community has been asking for and the fact that they've been making up an excuse and not going for what we want they are here adding other stuff (wich is really nice) but its been 4 years now nearly 5 and we still haven't seen any progression or the slight glimpse of hope

but what really upsets me is the fact that there is ps4 and ps5 cross play but no PC crossplay 

the fact that  ps4 is allowing cross play to any game developers that can handle it and they still haven't done it yet

i first started playing warframe a 4 years and the fact that me and my freind s spent 4 years grinding really harsd and now that i got GOT A PC AND HAVE TO   START ALL OVER AGAIN I SPENT 5K HOURS AND OVER 700 POUNDS ON THIS GAME and  i cant even save my progress to pc makes me really upset and un interested in warframe 

BUT I LOVE THIS GAMEE TOO MUCH TO GIVE UP

sorry this is my first time posting on here i dont know if i put it in the wrong place i hope the devs see this and i have more to say but im in a mission on jupiter soooooo i need to get nezhaaaaa

It's something that's been spoken about a few times and it is something people want (And I believe DE have said they will see if they can do it). But, the main thing I believe that is preventing it is the updates not being released in sync. They've been working hard to get updates releasing much closer together so I feel it's definitely achievable in the near future. But, until all platforms are on the same version I think it's unlikely for this to be a permanent option. 

In regards to the previous migrations not being permanent, it may be because of the different versions and accounts needing to be converted in a particular way to save data that was in the PC version that wasn't in the console versions yet. I honestly doubt this would be a viable permanent option unless all updates were synced.

PS4 to PS5 crossplay works because it's all on sony's end and the PS4 and PS5 would be running essentially the same version of warframe. It's as simple as logging into your sony account and having the data available. No transfer is technically needed as far as I know.

Sony also only recently started allowing all developers to be able to utilize cross play. And sure a lot of developers have already been utilizing it, but Warframe is a F2P game that's been running for like 8 years, a lot of games using crossplay after Sony opened it up would have been in development around the time the announcement was made to developers(and any that made the change post announcement would likely be the much larger game development companies). Developing around the idea of crossplay in itself would likely make it a much more achievable thing to do and just because other games have it doesn't mean it's as achievable for every game. It's only been just over a year since sony's announcement (may be a bit off but that's when i started hearing about it) and the last year has been filled with delays and issues caused by covid 19 lockdowns. 

They want everything to align. For complete Cross, not partial, so we won't have Sony left out if they really don't want to play ball.... But I wish we got at least some details of what's going on. Last I heard there's one dev on Cross Save... are they in talks with the console companies at all anymore? Is the tech in and just needs the okay to push through? Or does the backend need to be completed?

1 hour ago, shwayshway said:

I just wanted to know why there was cross migrations 2 years ago for 1 week between all platforms

Incorrect.

There has only ever been a single transfer window for each platform (and IIRC it was only ever from PC, not between consoles), and it has always been shortly after the game became available on the respective platform. PS and XBox players didn't get a transfer window when Switch launched, for instance.

On 2020-12-09 at 2:21 PM, (NSW)mrEkli said:

Tomorrow during the Game Awards show. Along with Mobile and Epic Game Store version launches. /s

I wish... it were that soon.

Wow, I was partially right on my joke. One out of three is a bad score though.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)CaptainSeth5423 said:

Currently you cannot transfer your accounts to another platform. Nor can you play with people on the other platform.

I wonder if OP is confusing their Microsoft(R)Windows account and their Xbox Live access as whilst you do use a Microsoft account for both- Warframe treats PC and each console individually. PS5 being an exception as whilst separate console to the 4: the details of the PSN it is attached to are identical. Just a guess :)

Archived