Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

4 hours ago, (XBOX)MiloFish5760 said:

I agree there should be a way to transfer accounts but I also think that Warframe should be cross play form because not all of my friends that play play on Xbox and plus I think it might make the game more popular

these two are counter-productive. If transfers exist, cross-save is pointless as you just hop to another. If cross-save exists, transfer would be useless as why pay to transfer say when your friend for free is able just to grab an Xbox and continue from their PS5? Honestly? Cross-save would be much more beneficial as there'd be no need to charge for the service...

4 hours ago, (XBOX)MiloFish5760 said:

I agree there should be a way to transfer accounts but I also think that Warframe should be cross play form because not all of my friends that play play on Xbox and plus I think it might make the game more popular

Cross play will be impossible without deep, deep changes to the entire game.
Like someone already said, there's plat economy, which is very different between platforms, there's Tennogen and a lot of cosmetic stuff that is exclusive.
The name and whatnot isn't too hard, just do what they do in the forums, append the platform name on consoles, and done.
The worse of all would be version control, and patches. If they had cross-play the couldn't keep PC as their test-bed for new content, they'd be restricted to the same schedule and certification process of platforms to all consoles, which would require them to have a way stricter QA, which they might not afford, and that would also mean longer "content droughts", which also might mean more overwhelming content drops with a ton more content each patch (might or might not be a bad thing, depends on each player's personality).

Even in terms of cross-save, there's still a lot to think about, especially in the economy side of things, but also on the version side of things. Like PC versions are usually ahead of consoles, and have stuff available that console builds might simply not include. So, for example, Deimos Arcana dropped on PC weeks before console, you got your bonewidow, you transfer your save to console, but it doesn't have a bonewidow in the code, what happens? There's no easy answer to this, and between that, and difficulties with the console distributors themselves, database work, etc, are why this will take a while to sort out.

I'm guessing at most, right now, they could allow for "transfer windows", like allowing people to jump platforms when their versions align (kinda like what happened when they launched switch and allowed people to transfer their accounts there), a real-time save system requires them to figure out a ton of stuff.

it'll be safer to just assume that it'll never happen.

couple gentlemen above me have explained about game economy, etc. which are excellent points.
and then we have the industry side of things. sony is notorious for not allowing cross play for games on their platforms because then they have to deal with security threats from other platforms. as well as cross save, because sony is leading the sales. huge companies like sony, apple, or samsung know that one way to stay on top, is by "trapping" people in your ecosystem.

many people in reddit, twitter, even twitch or youtube will act like these things are very close to happening -misleading many others in the process. but in reality, they're very unlikely to happen. at least now.

10 hours ago, (NSW)UsernameAxel said:

They've teased it? I assume in Twitter posts or something? 

DE said they are looking into doing cross save but didn't say they will definitely be doing it.
as they since pc an console get differnt stuff like pc gets plat discounts an consoles get marketplace discounts. so could have ppl signign in on pc for daily login just to get plat discount then use it after they get a console marketplace discount.
then is the platform exlusive skins so would they allow it to be on all platforms long as you cross saved them from one platform to another or would they not show up on a differnt platform.
then is the clans issue as would you still be in the same clan an if so there might be differnt clan with same name on another platform

To make transfers a thing DE needs to get MS, Sony and Nintendo on board with the idea. Convincing any of the three to let paying customers leave their platform is not going to be easy because they have exactly zero reasons to even consider the idea, let alone put in the work necessary to facilitate transfers. Bear in mind all previous transfers have been from PC to console when the game launched on that platform which was in their interest as they gained a load of new paying customers.

Then there is the issue of plat which has a very different value on the different platforms as do prime parts. Buy cheap plat with a 75% discount on PC and transfer to console? That's an exploit. Buy cheap prime parts on console and transfer to PC, that's also an exploit. Don't get me started on Rivens. Founder items also cannot be transferred to consoles.

I would guess that transfers just aren't going to happen. Cross-play is also unlikely to happen as the platforms are all on different versions and DE can't align them without slowing the PC release and giving up all the free QA testing we do.

Cross-save is more likely be DE have to figure out a way of that happening without all of the exploits mentioned above (and probably more I haven't thought of). There is also the  "missing item" issue as if you log in on PC and obtain a new weapon, frame or something else that doesn't yet exist on console how should that be handled when you log in on console?

7 hours ago, Shalath said:

Then there is the issue of plat which has a very different value on the different platforms as do prime parts. Buy cheap plat with a 75% discount on PC and transfer to console? That's an exploit. Buy cheap prime parts on console and transfer to PC, that's also an exploit. Don't get me started on Rivens. Founder items also cannot be transferred to consoles.

Most won't buy plat, even with a coupon, so can ignore as an exploit. Buying prime parts cheap on console and using on pc, how is that an exploit exactly? Eh, who really cares about rivens. Founder items are attached to founder accounts, They never got to exist on console and there are no rules saying they can't be displayed on console.

I am a Mastery Rank 25 on Xbox and when I started playing WF, my PC wasn't up for the task.  Since then I have upgraded and looking like WF is one of the few games that wont even consider an account transfer.

I have a few thousand Dollars into WF, I love the game and thus support it via Prime Access over the past 6 years.  It's not even about the money, its about the thousands of hours I have into this account that i cannot just bring myself to start over on PC.  I really want to play on PC and even willing to pay for a transfer.  Even $100 would be worth it to me as my thousands of hours and dollars are worth way more than that. Obviously free is better lol. But I'm willing to bet there's plenty more people like me, willing to pay a devs hourly rate to make the transfer.  Even if this cost was put into a pool to fund the development of a website we could goto to transfer our stuff over, that would be more the sufficient for most people.  Ideally we get to a cross save and play, but i'm not holding my breath.  With in the website there could be all the things you cannot bring over, for example excal prime.  Or if you are on PC and get something early and try to bring it to another platform, It will give you the warning that if you continue the move it's lost forever.  

To those of you that say this is a topic that had been brought up many time and stop, I say to you this is how capitalism works. WF has been successful because they listen to their players. As the community managers see this topic trending more and more, they will inevitable tell the development staff this is what we want.  If we stop talking about it, they will assume we stopped caring about it.

I'm asking DE to support account transfers, even at the support ticket level.  This will also show the level of support by the community to get it started as a normal process.

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)MutedPeak463 said:

To those of you that say this is a topic that had been brought up many time and stop, I say to you this is how capitalism works. WF has been successful because they listen to their players. As the community managers see this topic trending more and more, they will inevitable tell the development staff this is what we want.  If we stop talking about it, they will assume we stopped caring about it.

Idk how many times this has to be said; it isn't up to DE, making a thread about this topic that was covered yesterday won't help at all.

You just call up the MS Xbox crew and explain how you want to take your "few thousand Dollars" elsewhere and deny them any more of your pie. While it would be customer friendly, it's hard to motivate a company to spend effort to help you leave and take your money with you.

OH GOD YES!!!!
I have sooo many Xbox buddies who want to get into WF but they have no friends to play with, and I am 100% PS.
If we had cross-platform all of these friends would happily jump into the game with me while I tutor them.

ALT:
The simple ability to Keep All Account Details EXACTLY THE SAME if you use different platforms.
e.g. My MR, my frames, my weapons.... ALL TRANSFER AS IS over to any other platform / between platforms.
If this was the case, at the very least I would startup on Nintendo Switch so I can keep playing when traveling.  🙂

You guys must be new here. 

See if you can't find any of the million and one other threads about this topic explaining why it's not as simple as just pushing a button to make it happen. 

Sparknotes version: legally binding contracts are involved, and all of the platforms will need to agree to do it before it can happen. 

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Most won't buy plat, even with a coupon, so can ignore as an exploit. Buying prime parts cheap on console and using on pc, how is that an exploit exactly? Eh, who really cares about rivens. Founder items are attached to founder accounts, They never got to exist on console and there are no rules saying they can't be displayed on console.

ToS for Founders included exclusive access to Excal Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime- a promise that those would be forever exempt from appearing anywhere else. Anywhere. China Founders still have Excalibur Umbra Prime. Now, picture this... you log in as a Founder and show this cool stuff: new players especially not privy to this history ask how and where they got it. DE get these same players flooding the forums and their Customer Support with requests/begging etc. for these items. What do they do?

PC Founders already were annoyed the first transfers to console, despite being warned that there were 0 guarantees the exclusives would port over: so in cross-save that would have to be addressed. 

To exploits, think about it. PC I get cheaper plat.. cheeeaper. Meaning the price for saaay 3,100 pl + mods is much lower than console. I hop to my Switch. let's buy say a Lotus Huras Kubrow. PC prices are silly, look at breeders in the forums or Warframe Market... sooo I buy the dog on Switch for maybe half price. Buy a couple Equinox Primes say. Now, back to my laptop I sell on PC for going price- cha-ching!!! Prrrrofit. Now my initial 30 bucks has turned into double or triple that for just two hops: still don't see how it's an exploit?

Look, I know where you're coming from. Cross saves may happened soon, but there's no guarantee. Essentially there's a lot of corporate nonsense involved. That being said, if there is any time it's going to be introduced as a feature, it will be in 2021 due to the new generation of consoles moving out.

I'd love to see everyone playing in the same box as much as anyone else, but we'll need to wait.

Hate how console players seem to be treated as second-class citizens. 

6 hours ago, (NSW)Symberzite said:

Hate how console players seem to be treated as second-class citizens. 

Console makers want to make walled off gardens and have 'exclusive' games, or exclusive characters, levels, and so on. When a new console launches there is a lot more talk about the features that make "ours the best", but in the long run it is all about the consoles trying to secure exclusives. Unfortunately it's the console players that lose in that war. Then there's the run to the 'next gen' hotness that creates a divide that leaves people behind with a far more distinct cutoff than the more gentle rolling upgrades in the PC market.

Don't listen to people on twitch chat, twitter, and reddit. They'll make you believe that account migration or even crossplay is really a possibility.

It's not.

On 2021-01-03 at 7:25 PM, Shalath said:

To make transfers a thing DE needs to get MS, Sony and Nintendo on board with the idea. Convincing any of the three to let paying customers leave their platform is not going to be easy because they have exactly zero reasons to even consider the idea, let alone put in the work necessary to facilitate transfers. Bear in mind all previous transfers have been from PC to console when the game launched on that platform which was in their interest as they gained a load of new paying customers.

I would guess that transfers just aren't going to happen. Cross-play is also unlikely to happen as the platforms are all on different versions and DE can't align them without slowing the PC release and giving up all the free QA testing we do.

Cross-save is more likely be DE have to figure out a way of that happening without all of the exploits mentioned above (and probably more I haven't thought of). There is also the  "missing item" issue as if you log in on PC and obtain a new weapon, frame or something else that doesn't yet exist on console how should that be handled when you log in on console?

This guy knows what's up. Listen to him.

Yep i feel your pain, i finished the star chart and was progressing well even bought spent plat on the Nintendo. Was hard to make the switch since it just hurts to start again, no way to even transfer the plat I bought on the different platform. However PC is just 10 times better, got back and surpassed in very little time. 

Do hope DE can get cross save at lest, would like to play warframe on the switch again. 

Almost reached MR 30 on Xbox now, boy would I love to be able to transfer. This is a topic long running and I will always look forward to the possibility but it is essentially done to death. If it every happens you're darn right I will do it instantly but it is what it is. With crossplay and such becoming more and more common I feel like it is inevitable, and with Tencent now as the overhead, it may be more likely to get prioritized for some reason. In all, I hold nothing against DE, it happens when it happens or it doesn't.

Archived