Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

I wouldn't want it personally. I play 5 different accounts just to have fun and I enjoy the grind so if all my accounts are magically matched to my MR27 account I'd be very bored after a short time. I do understand where this thought comes from not everyone wants or can even keep up with 2 accounts let alone one per platform, but I'd be on board since we probably wouldn't be forced to link them all.

They have been changing this game for the worse for quite a long time now but this? Most of the new content I play on console always has this nagging feeling of  being better on pc, needing quicker aim, hot keys and using scripts to afk the game etc. This is without thinking of the different plat economies across the 4 systems. Switch is new so most of them will have very little. PS4 has the largest of the 3 consoles but when compared with the funds available on PC? They have way more than all 3 of us combined. From pc to console has way more benefits than console to pc.

I can go spend $2000 on a new pc so I can get my decent stack of plat eaten up by the pc trade chat? Right? ...Why would I want to do that? 

We are used to waiting an extra 2 months for that new thing Baro brings. We are used to watching people from pc find all variations of game changing bugs that are patched long before they’re sent to verification for consoles.

At least it made the usual vocal minority rise up and rejoice as they always do after anything de spurts out, but hey, I’m just bored what do I know, reading people react to this as I woke is a strange thing.

12 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

I wouldn't like the freedom of PC to be tied up to consoles. If I wanted to play on consoles, I would have a console and just play there. There are reasons why people choose PC. Don't bring your console problems to PC. 

Whoa, hold up buddy. I can do that too!

I wouldn't like the polish of Consoles to be tied up to PC. If I wanted to play on PC, I would have a PC and just play there. There are reasons why people choose Consoles . Don't bring your PC problems to Consoles.

😎

There are so many problems with cross save that i think its not worth the effort really. The biggest one would be Sony and Nintendo. They always have issues with cross-anything. Then you have economy, servers, updates and many many others things that we have no way of being aware of. 

They should make plat platform bound. Xanadium plat for Xbox, PolySilver plat for Ps4, no idea for Switch and PC names. You could see your balance for all platforms, but only be able to use ex. ps4 plat when playing on ps4. That way console market won't be instantly destroyed by influx of cheap and abundant PC platinum. I think it would also help DE maintain their profits. Don't know about Tennogen, though. I believe PC players would want to buy the skins for platinum, so huge amounts of rivens, mods and prime parts would appear on console markets. I wouldn't want all those things to also be platform bound, but I believe it's the most rational thing to do... 

Concerning updates, they should remain as they are now. PC got cool bugs and exploits to discover, consoles got far less updates, but more polished. And if things acquired on PC aren't there yet on consoles, you can't use them untill they are released. Would love if we could use platform specific skins everywhere, though. 

15 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

I wouldn't like the freedom of PC to be tied up to consoles. If I wanted to play on consoles, I would have a console and just play there. There are reasons why people choose PC. Don't bring your console problems to PC. 

Good for you? Only thing is cross-save is obviously not a console issue because CROSS save involves owning multiple platforms. And PC to blank and vice versa will definitely be the most popular.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

They should make plat platform bound. Xanadium plat for Xbox, PolySilver plat for Ps4, no idea for Switch and PC names. You could see your balance for all platforms, but only be able to use ex. ps4 plat when playing on ps4. That way console market won't be instantly destroyed by influx of cheap and abundant PC platinum. I think it would also help DE maintain their profits. Don't know about Tennogen, though. I believe PC players would want to buy the skins for platinum, so huge amounts of rivens, mods and prime parts would appear on console markets. I wouldn't want all those things to also be platform bound, but I believe it's the most rational thing to do... 

Concerning updates, they should remain as they are now. PC got cool bugs and exploits to discover, consoles got far less updates, but more polished. And if things acquired on PC aren't there yet on consoles, you can't use them untill they are released. Would love if we could use platform specific skins everywhere, though. 

I think the Market would equalize. We are here to play a game at the end of day. And fortnite does allow platform specific items anywhere.

Honestly, it sounds like too much of a pipe dream at this stage when they say that they want to work towards it but haven't really talked about any of the actual mechanics on how it will be done. As people have pointed out, there will be a lot of complications in regards to platform exclusive, currency purchasing and pricing and trading. It's too much of a Pandora's box that unless they have a fully detailed plan of action greenlit by their partners, I have no confidence that they'll manage to implement cross-platform progress at a worthwhile level.

You run a risk of people stocking up currency when it is available at the cheapest, so using the 75% discounts to stock large sums of Platinum on the PC and using that Platinum to purchase items as necessary which can then be used on consoles, effectively allowing them to obtain items at a significantly lower price. Sounds good for the individual user but we can't really forecast the possible effect this might have on all the platforms. There'll also people getting ahead of the curve with obtaining items on the PC platform and getting access to said items immediately when the update hits consoles, it might impact the console platform quite negatively, especially people who stick exclusively to their consoles.

Another potential sore spot would be people buying Platinum directly on PC will hurt the console companies that they'll likely not agree to it. Even if the payment takes into account where the Platinum is spent on, e.g. Sony gets a cut if an in-game purchase is made on the PS4, they're going to be aware that most market sales will happen on content release, of which, would be available to PC first.

Even if trading were to be completely removed from the game entirely, there are still enough areas of contention between DE, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo that will need to be addressed.

19 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

You know what the issue with this one is? PC acts like the beta beta version. We get the updates first, find the bugs, get them fixed, then DE releases the mostly bug-free updates your way. If there's console and PC update parity, not only would you guys get much buggier builds (keep in mind, every big update is usually unplayable on day 1 on PC), but those fixes would have to go through the Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo certification processes, so it would also take longer to get those buggy builds fixed. Not to mention, considering that we usually get around 12 updates before they are stable enough to be pushed for console, it would cost DE a lot more money. So, it doesn't sound like a lucrative idea.

That said though, I don't think cross-saves require version party (which means you suggested cross-play, which does require that), and they're already working on them, so, look forward to that.

I am grateful to the pc master race, selflessly toiling away into the wee morning hours, looking for bugs and filling meticulously logged and detailed bug reports just for the benefit of our fellow console peasants.

I'm being sarcastic. They should just spend more time polishing their updates.

16 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Serious response.

WAIT! It’s not going to suddenly happen overnight. Why are we constantly bringing it back up?

Squeaky wheel gets the grease my friend.  Sad but true fact that the more you complain about something the more attention it gets.  This usually leads to it getting addressed sooner rather than later.

I'm all for cross save.  If currency is an issue, just leave plat out and let us carry over progress and items.  If you don't want to cross save, I'm guessing you won't need to link them if you don't want to. Split PC and console progress.  A limited form of cross save would get me playing it on other systems and probably result in more money spent on warframe personally, so I see this as a win-win situation.  

As far as tennogen I remember hearing or reading something that Steve supposedly mentioned: that tennogen would be tied to the platform on which it was bought. I could see the same thing for plat- this would keep the Console companies their cut. But it seems like the biggest hurdle isn't so much technology but rather contracting with system developers. That is, DE could probably develop cross save relatively quickly if all parties involved sign off on it with no issue. 

22 hours ago, (XB1)DeadlyPanda878 said:

I am aware that PC is one update ahead of consoles all the time, but I don’t know how difficult it would be to do something like hold back an update in PC to bring consoles up to speed

They can hot fix Warframe as much as they want on PC. So they use PC as a bug test platform and when they have a stable update they launch it on all consoles.

I mean, Cross Save wouldn't be hard, at least not when compared to cross save. Transfer over select things, but cut out others and make sure players are aware of how it works. For instance, here is an example list of restricted items I could see being implemented:

-Plat

-Discounts of any kind

-Exclusive Items

-Items that don't exist on the platform you are going to(Primarily relevant for PC to Console transfer)

On 2019-08-21 at 4:38 PM, Kaotyke said:

The biggest issue with cross-saves would be the plat acquisition.

PC have discounts, Consoles dont.

PC plat sales goes directly to DE. On consoles, the publisher has to get a cut of the pie.

PC's Tennogen is Steam only. Consoles dont get as many, but they can buy them with plat.

Trading values on PC are different from Consoles, so people can play the market to get more $$$.

If X-saves is implemented, there would need to have a plenora of restrictions on Market and trades.

The market would level out and adapt to the addition of cross-saves. That's just how it works. But like said before on this forum, DE has stated that they're working on it, but have a lot more on priority at the moment (Empyrean, TNW, Gauss/Grendel, etc.), so we'll probably have to wait until 2020 for substantial information since their 2019 plate is full.

36 minutes ago, (NSW)Indrid_Rathma_Cold_78 said:

Personally I just don't want to use the switch anymore and would like to play on Xbox. Having to start from the beginning again is not for me, so I have no choice but to play on the switch. 

Same here. I'd love to play the game in much better graphics. I'm personally waiting for Xbox Scarlett to buy one, but I'd definitely play between my Switch and PC if it does get implemented before the end of 2020 (though that is unlikely). But I'm tired of playing this game while seeing the amazing graphics and performance on other consoles. It almost seems like a completely different game.

Hello,

I am a player that doesn't have too much money for games and have to save up for stuff to buy stuff. A few years ago I started Warframe on my PS4 and bought the Nekros Prime Access Thingy for 70€ and started to have quite fun but sadly communication on consoles is not the best and thus I was mainly playing with randoms only which can be boring if they mostly do their own thing. So I left the game after ~2 months. Now I got Nekros Prime via Twitch for PC and a pal made me play on PC again and here I have quite a few people to play with and the game is much more fun this way.

I even managed to buy the Rhino and Nyx pack. Now I remembered that I didn't touch touch my platinum on the PS4 much and wanted to ask to have it moved to my PC account. I didn't ask for any progression, warframes, items or anything else moved. Just the expensive paid platinum, nothing more and yet, all I got was a one-liner which just said no from the support and I seriously can not understand why a one-time move would not be okay. I would understand if it was like the free first 100 platinum oder if someone asks for his 10 plat to move etc. But from a non-played account on a platform you don't use anymore to the active platform just once and an amount of 1500 platinum should defenitely not something to be denied.

Please, give us the ability to do a transfer just once in a lifetime for such a big amount. I don't want to know my money that dead.

kind regards,
Exportforce

Just now, (PS4)Bigboodyjuudy said:

No because the platinum discounts on PC are too high, it would dilute the market on console. 

Well, as said: A one time offer per account. Maybe even locked to accounts having master rank 5+ or something to block "quick" creation of accounts. Also it's easy to see accounts doing it multiple times via the payment method. If someone tries this "once" on 3 accounts that all paid with user/1213@email.com (used a / in the mailadress to make sure it is an invalid one) the other 2 get denied. Same with bank accounts. So there would be no problems or abuses. This is merely meant as a feature for players that don't get afoot on a platform and "wasted" money this way. I had fun with my Nekros but never used my plat on the PS4 as it was a pain to communicate there. And now it rots there. DE has the money for it so it doesn't hurt to give it to me.

37 minutes ago, Exportforce said:

Well, as said: A one time offer per account. Maybe even locked to accounts having master rank 5+ or something to block "quick" creation of accounts. Also it's easy to see accounts doing it multiple times via the payment method. If someone tries this "once" on 3 accounts that all paid with user/1213@email.com (used a / in the mailadress to make sure it is an invalid one) the other 2 get denied. Same with bank accounts. So there would be no problems or abuses. This is merely meant as a feature for players that don't get afoot on a platform and "wasted" money this way. I had fun with my Nekros but never used my plat on the PS4 as it was a pain to communicate there. And now it rots there. DE has the money for it so it doesn't hurt to give it to me.

I dont think you understand. Plat is heavily discounted on PC. You could get 1500 platinum at 1/3rd of the cost on console. Having less platinum on consoles effects the markets prices. We sell much lower than on PC because of it. What you're suggesting would have some very big effects on the market. DE isn't going to allow plat moving, its not going to happen. 

Archived