Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

Warframe was a thing before the somewhat recent trend of cross-progression games.

It is something the devs are actively working towards though and have said multiple times it is something they want in the game, we just have to be patient while they work to figure out how to retrofit the game with this modern feature.

45 minutes ago, (NSW)Demon0Hunter said:

oh ok thanks for letting me know so are they going to let people do it again or has it always been this way?

I highly doubt you will ever be able to switch accounts between platforms. Especially since some of the platforms have items exclusive just to them and not the other platforms. 

If you look on the Community FAQ page (Community FAQ - Warframe Forums) you will see that they have already addressed this:

Q: Can I move my Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch account to PC? Can I move my PC account to Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch?

A: Warframe accounts can’t be transferred between platforms. There are technical barriers that prevent us from being able to move accounts between console and PC. In the past, we offered account migration between PC and PS4. We later did the same for PC to Xbox One and PC to Nintendo Switch. In those cases, we were able to work with different companies to make account migration available for a limited time in celebration of Warframe’s launch on new platforms, but account migration is not available regularly.

We don’t have plans to make account migration available again in the future, but you are welcome to start another account! We don’t have any problem with players having accounts on multiple platforms.

Just now, (PSN)ZUBY_1101 said:

I highly doubt you will ever be able to switch accounts between platforms. Especially since some of the platforms have items exclusive just to them and not the other platforms. 

If you look on the Community FAQ page (Community FAQ - Warframe Forums) you will see that they have already addressed this:

Q: Can I move my Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch account to PC? Can I move my PC account to Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch?

A: Warframe accounts can’t be transferred between platforms. There are technical barriers that prevent us from being able to move accounts between console and PC. In the past, we offered account migration between PC and PS4. We later did the same for PC to Xbox One and PC to Nintendo Switch. In those cases, we were able to work with different companies to make account migration available for a limited time in celebration of Warframe’s launch on new platforms, but account migration is not available regularly.

We don’t have plans to make account migration available again in the future, but you are welcome to start another account! We don’t have any problem with players having accounts on multiple platforms.

ok thanks for telling me

Welcome to the forums tenno.

Sadly crosssave is not yet a thing and a lot of people have been asking this recently . Like a LOT

DE current official statements is currently "We want it too but we don't have news yet. We will scream it everywhere when it happens don't worry" kind of thing ^.^

My experience may not mirror yours.

Thank you Digital Extremes. I love this game. I love this community. I love being a Tenno.

TLDR; I hope I can keep enjoying this experience in the long term but I don't like how console gaming has evolved.

The modern console market is a trash compactor. Modern graphics cards aren't going to advance much further so the need for upgraded hardware has dropped to a minimum over the short term. Console releases have historically coincided with advances in computer graphics technology and the difference in graphics capability between PS4 and PS5 is pretty negligible compared to PS1 to PS2. It's mostly a performance upgrade. It's pretty obvious when you see how many games are being simultaneously released for both the 4 and 5. I own a relatively modern PC which is easier and cheaper to update, hardware-wise and the game looks and preforms better on PC than it ever will on any console.

SONY is trying their hardest to hold on to their consumer base while Microsoft has almost no need to compete in the console market due to the prevalence of PC gaming as a whole. As of posting in most parts of the world you can't conventionally purchase a PlayStation 5, and even if I wanted to it would only be because console exclusives also still exist which is another topic entirely. 

I made the mistake of starting this game on PS4. I did so because at the time I had friends who were actively playing on PS4. They have since made the decision to restart and move to PC. I myself started a new account with Steam just to continue enjoying the game with them, but my time and effort has been most spent on this Tenno confined to the clutches of SONY, the real MITW.

I'm MR29 and I have so much time and more invested into this wonderful experience. But my PS4 probably doesn't have much of a life span left to it and I don't like being confined to the PlayStation especially when things like PC exclusive TennoGen exists. 

I am willing to abandon console exclusive cosmetics and awards. I just want to be able to keep playing this game. 

I know this is primarily an issue with SONY. I've been through every thread on this website and questions during devstreams and tweets about it "Yeah probably not because... but maybe in the future we could..." but surely something can be done? Here's hoping.

Anyway here's the one of the best captura I've ever taken

tumblr_plim0boC2R1y415kro2_1280.jpg

@DE 

I started on the NSW 2 years. Now 2500+ hours later, I bought a ps5 in November, just installed warframe couple days ago and now I'm hooked. Visually its so impressive its almost a completely different game. But the thought of starting over again is unbearable. I'm mr 22 on NSW, and only MR4 on PS5. 

Could you not offer a 1 time account Migration between consoles?take my NSW account to PSN, NSW account would forever be reset. I know there are limited items and edition exclusives, I just want my FRAMES, weapons, mr status, map progress, hours, bare bones.. Cosmetics and other stuff its tolerable.

Oh BTW, amazing job on the ps5 version look and feel is amazing, only thing missing is MOTION CONTROL aiming!!!

We are grateful that Warframe has given the platform versatility by launching services on the PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch.

However, despite the existence of various platforms, cooperative play with friends on other platforms is impossible. Also, it is difficult to use various platforms because the progress of the account is not linked.

We wish to be able to play with users of various platforms on various platforms with one account.

P.s. I would like to express my gratitude to those who read the text despite the lack of writing poetry and English proficiency.

This has already been addressed on the Warframe FAQ page:

Q: Why doesn’t Warframe offer cross-platform play?

A: The differences between platforms prevent us from offering cross-platform play. The updates between PC and console don’t align, for example. There are also differences between items on Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. With these nuances in mind, we don’t have any plans to offer cross-platform play in the future.

Archived