Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

17 minutes ago, Fail_Sterben said:

We are grateful that Warframe has given the platform versatility by launching services on the PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch.

However, despite the existence of various platforms, cooperative play with friends on other platforms is impossible. Also, it is difficult to use various platforms because the progress of the account is not linked.

We wish to be able to play with users of various platforms on various platforms with one account.

P.s. I would like to express my gratitude to those who read the text despite the lack of writing poetry and English proficiency.

this is asked many times an you will not be the last

I been playing warframe since its release on console in 2014, this game has progressively become one of the top 5 best games for me due to its immense amount of content and its interaction with players and even developers. overall, this game is dope tbh but I recently transferred to pc because I find the new consoles undesirable to say the least and it sucks that I cant transfer the items I have on ps4 to pc, like I fully understand why I cant cross save the currency (im good at working the market so getting the platinum back isn't a problem for me personally) but I don't see why I cant have my items back seeing how the items are owned by Warframe and not Sony or its competitors. i really want to get back in warframe especially with octavia prime coming out but there are certain items and mods i cant obtain anymore due to certain events and inflation in prices and i just dont have the time like i used to play this game to get almost everything back. this game is a amazing game that can be played in a leisure and casual manner which i why i love it tbh and the community is dope, i meet mostly chill people who enjoy playing it as well. i hope any developer sees this and i hope it can become trending among the community because i feel like this is something that kinda should be available for pc cause i see that people can cross save from sony or microsoft to nintendo so it should make sense to cross save to pc seeing how this a predominantly a pc game. this is no shade towards the developers cause ya been doing a great job keeping this game active throughout the years, i just want to play it again    

Hello,

About the Cross-Play or even Cross-Save you should ask DE. Answering the question "Why is that a problem" I can answer by giving an example.

Example: You can't own something on PC and have it on PS because it's haven't released yet.

Example 2: Event-Ended on PC and started on Console. You practically have more time than the others.

Also items are owned by Warframe and Sony, this is correct. But Sony own consoles, and it's thier call, not DE.

Hope it was helpful. Good luck and have fun, Tenno! 🐉

It sounds like the devs are trying to work out a solution but whatever they do will not be easy, especially since the markets are vastly different. Even if you can cross play without bringing your currency, the disruption to the market would cause many individuals to lose most of their value in stored up tradeables. Any decision made needs to weigh this in mind.

There was a brief period you could create a copy of your account onto the Switch, but there is no cross-save between the consoles. That would be rather hard to do since the Switch updates can sometimes take longer to get through cert and then are released after the updates on the other two consoles.

And the topic of cross-saves is brought up quite often so it's sorta in the background trending for a long time now.

4 hours ago, (PSN)mcast95 said:

seeing how the items are owned by Warframe and not Sony or its competitors. 

Sadly licensing in videogames is never that simple. The details will be different from game to game, but the general rule is mostly "if a game is released on playstation, then sony own at least that version of the game". DE can't even release an update without getting through sony, let alone removing player's items and place them in their competitor's platforms. If it means one less person are going to quit shopping on ps store, believe that sony won't just stands by and watch.

MS and nintendo's PR made them look like good guys lately. But believe that it's never that simple.

i see that people can cross save from sony or microsoft to nintendo 

I think it was around switch launch DE allowed players to copy their pc account to switch, because they need to jumpstart the playerbase for that console. PC is easier because nobody owns the platform.

But it's totally just a one time thing. And probably will never happen again.

this is no shade towards the developers

And there shouldn't be. DE thought that they had a good idea, based on a good intention. But further into the project, they realized that there are just too many obstacles to overcome. People can plan, but plans can fall apart.

If it's up to DE, i think they're stupid enough to just go for it and figure out how to fix the problems as they arise. But sadly at this point it also involves way higher people on way bigger companies.

22 hours ago, Tyranq said:

Hello,

About the Cross-Play or even Cross-Save you should ask DE. Answering the question "Why is that a problem" I can answer by giving an example.

Example: You can't own something on PC and have it on PS because it's haven't released yet.

Example 2: Event-Ended on PC and started on Console. You practically have more time than the others.

Also items are owned by Warframe and Sony, this is correct. But Sony own consoles, and it's thier call, not DE.

Hope it was helpful. Good luck and have fun, Tenno! 🐉

I would agree if pc didn’t get the events first. Until the last expansion, PC has always got their items first. There’s nothing on console that pc didn’t already have. And Sony only controls the currency (buying platinum) they don’t own the items that you buy with the platinum. Just the platinum themselves

On 2020-11-09 at 8:41 AM, Soy77 said:

i beg your pardon, my good sir

if you don't mind informing silly old me, which game company actually managed to convince sony that it's okay for one of their customer to go over to xbox?

i've heard about some xbox - pc cross platform, but of course they're both owned by ms.
i also know about how xbox recently play nice with nintendo with some of their IPs, but that's because they're both losing to sony in the sales war, so it's understandable from logical and business perspective.

but of course, if by "cross platform" you only mean releasing game in multiple platforms, and not actually "cross play" or even "cross save" then it's my bad. but then again, warframe is already cross platform isn't it?

Not to mention Rockstar did for GTA5 until people exploited it, EA allowed it for BF3 and BF4 before the cross game UI update

If I can't migrate my PC account to my playstation account,  I guess I'll keep not playing and not buying anything! 

I don't really care, I spent too much on this game anyways. 

Oh well, time to play destiny 2 I guess...

Edit: oh weird, it's 2021 and digital extremes still doesn't have a purchase history url or any sort of way to measure how much you've spent. A totally transparent and honest move by them! I loved warframe but if they are going to be this greedy, dump them. You deserve better, 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb OneVeryHotDogMan:

Edit: oh weird, it's 2021 and digital extremes still doesn't have a purchase history url or any sort of way to measure how much you've spent. A totally transparent and honest move by them! I loved warframe but if they are going to be this greedy, dump them. You deserve better, 

For this information you have to write the support. They will send you every data that they have collected about you. (Includes the purchase history)

Oh and have good luck and fun if you switch to destiny. ^^

Am 24.2.2021 um 21:28 schrieb Soy77:

Sadly licensing in videogames is never that simple. The details will be different from game to game, but the general rule is mostly "if a game is released on playstation, then sony own at least that version of the game".

I'm sure that that's not true unless you mangle the word "own" even more than is usually done in licensing discussions.

It's true that Tencent owns DE, DE owns Warframe and Sony owns the Playstation platform, and pretty much everything else anyone has said here about anyone owning anything is nonsense for any meaningful sense of the word "own". For example Sony doesn't own all games released on the PlayStation and Sony doesn't own peoples' plat.

Archived