Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)IIIIRED1IIII:

Cross play would sucks so no thanks to that. It’s a mess on all games but I think their is no excuse for de to not enable cross-saving though. They’ve done  it for a limited time for pc players to migrate to console so why can’t they just do it again is my question.

Because Sony,  Microsoft & Nintendo don't want to lose customer's. 

Just want to ask you guys here. I know cross-save and cross-play might not happen in the near future, or far future with how things can be with Sony and Microsoft. There has been something on my mind though regarding it.

There was a point where players could transfer their save to console. More specifically, PC players could migrate their account to PS4, and continue there. This was when the game was still new on PS4 I believe. I was wondering, could we get a similar system like that to return. A one time transfer of data, or even copy paste, but in the other direction.

So, in essence, you have a save on Console, which you can copy over to PC, and once that's done, it's done and you can't do it again. You'll retain the save on console as well, and have things for when you move onto PC.

Would this be a thing people would consider doing, if given the chance? I'm no developer, so I wouldn't know how hard it'd be to do this, but the chance of moving onto PC would be something I would take in a heartbeat.

Thank you for reading this.

Just now, (PSN)calaqua115 said:

Well yes, that's why I'm saying that it should be a one time transfer from the current account on whatever console to PC

I'm sorry dude, but it's not happening anytime soon. We just gotta wait for if and when they actually do it...if it ever happens. There are reasons why it was a one time thing and why its not happening again.

1 minute ago, (PSN)calaqua115 said:

Aye, fair enough. Would you do it given the opportunity at least?

It might sound like I don't want it, but I do like the idea of cross save and cross progression. If I had the opportunity to change consoles, I really would. For now however, I am content playing on my ps4 until cross save or cross progression becomes a thing...hopefully. 

On 2021-02-27 at 6:58 AM, ES-Flinter said:

Because Sony,  Microsoft & Nintendo don't want to lose customer's. 

In situations like OP's and mine, they've already lost customers. We dont have a playstation anymore, they cant make money off of us,  so what's the point of locking us in?

If Sony or any other console manufacturer did what you're saying, and someone like me ever found out, all their stance would do is GUARANTEE I would never use one of their console again, whereas if they let players move, I may consider buying a console again in the future. 

On 2021-02-26 at 3:41 PM, Muchni said:

I have been playing warframe all time on ps4,but last year in december i decided to sell my ps4 and buy a PC,now i can´t play warframe with my account mr 23.Can you DE staff do a think about this?

When I asked about this recently I got a response on it from Reb.

Nice, but Cross-Save/Play when?

On 2021-01-19 at 4:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We said when we have something meaningful to say, we'll say it, because until then it's just going to be empty noise and 'we really need to get this done'. 

Pros with cross save for devs:
- Some players are happer because they can play with their friends

Cons:
- Problem with their current model where PC users get stuff first
- Players won't buy stuff twice
- Players can make huge profits if it is not implemented right (tranfering items from different versions to disrupt market prices)

There is not really a good incentive for the devs to implement it, unless they add some kind of fee or say you get to keep all you mastery level progression but none of your gear.

2 hours ago, (PSN)narrowband56K said:

We dont have a playstation anymore, they cant make money off of us,  so what's the point of locking us in?

"We don't have a playstation anymore, they cant make money off of us, why should they be against the idea of us giving our money to their competitors instead?"

"Why don't they just let us give money to their competitors."

"What is the point of them not wanting to facilitate our competitors receiving money."

If Sony or any other console manufacturer did what you're saying, and someone like me ever found out, all their stance would do is GUARANTEE I would never use one of their console again

Girl... Sony and the other manufacturers are doing this and you have just found out. I expect you'll be never touch your console again after today.

If Sony or any other console manufacturer did what you're saying, and someone like me ever found out, all their stance would do is GUARANTEE I would never use one of their console again, whereas if they let players move, I may consider buying a console again in the future. 

Pretty late to the revelation, because Sony has been doing this for YEARS. Not just in Warfare; did you hear about the fiasco when a bunch of Nintendo Switch players used their Fortnite accounts on a PS4? And more specifically, what happened when they tried to log back in on Switch afterward?

10 hours ago, (PSN)narrowband56K said:

Oh, honey...

All console manufacturers have been doing that since nintendo started it in 1983 with their hardcore exclusivity program for the NES.

I want this feature as well, sincerely.
I am playing on Switch and got decent PC recently. I am OK for buying some tennogen skins or slots again, but never ever want to do all the hellish grind for everything one more time. I really don't...

I understand there is complicated difficulty about proper cross save, but one time transfer like OP said is already implemented before.
I'm not holding my breath for that because I am realistic and know it won't happen anyway. But yes, I hope it happens.

cross save must exampt platinum, as well as any non essential stuff that are bought like color pallets that are exclusive to a platform or console exclusive skins, as well as tennogen due to diffrent payment model.

only things that should transfer are owned frames with exception of founder items, slots and potatos as well as forma, nightwave unlocks, your foundry items and mods with exception of rivins.

everything else like skins, color pallets and the likes should be bought again on the diffrent platform, this is the only real option to avoid lawsuit from sony, microsoft and nintendo, assuming they will even let players leave thier platform.

Crossplay and transfers will never happen.

I don't know why you guys saying "it never happen" ignoring the fact that transfer already happened before(OP said that right there!).
As far as I know they transfered skins and everything from PC to console only except platinum and the contents which wasn't in the console version yet.
It might not be the same from console to PC though, DE themselves said cross save is something they were trying (long ago) so I believe it is at least not entirely impossible.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Volker9549 said:

there are no issues with the platforms. we aren't exactly breaking new ground here

its contract with console makers that stop them from making a cross save, they would loose money and player if there would be console to pc transfer.

currently, my best guess at a possible middle ground is progression sync, meaning your starchart, non rivin mods, non exclusive mods, will be synched, but warframes and weapons will need to be farmed seperately per platform.

On 2021-02-28 at 11:08 PM, (PSN)calaqua115 said:

Just want to ask you guys here. I know cross-save and cross-play might not happen in the near future, or far future with how things can be with Sony and Microsoft. There has been something on my mind though regarding it.

There was a point where players could transfer their save to console. More specifically, PC players could migrate their account to PS4, and continue there. This was when the game was still new on PS4 I believe. I was wondering, could we get a similar system like that to return. A one time transfer of data, or even copy paste, but in the other direction.

So, in essence, you have a save on Console, which you can copy over to PC, and once that's done, it's done and you can't do it again. You'll retain the save on console as well, and have things for when you move onto PC.

Would this be a thing people would consider doing, if given the chance? I'm no developer, so I wouldn't know how hard it'd be to do this, but the chance of moving onto PC would be something I would take in a heartbeat.

Thank you for reading this.

i've replied to plenty of cross-whatever threads, but this is actually a legitimately good question. The best one so far.

To explain why that one-time-thing happened, it's because DE need to "kickstart" a warframe community for respective consoles when the game was introduced to those consoles. Of course DE was also pressed to show sony/ms/nintendo that bringing warframe to their consoles is a good business decision.

On top of that, nobody owns the pc platform. So DE generally can do whatever they want with their pc player's data. But for the other versions, although sony/ms/nintendo might or might not directly own the player's data, I believe they have a say on what DE can and cannot do with it. Even if just one player could potentially bring business from them to another platform, is good enough reason for the big three to never allow it.

============

So technically what you proposed (a one time move) is probably really doable -and way more realistic than cross-play/save/progression features.

But I believe there are too many business hurdles for it to happen.

probably if we're lucky, and at the same time one of the big three are feeling generous, DE pressed just at the right moment, and all the stars aligned, we could have a reversed-limited-one-time-data-copy similar to the ones before.

Lol DE actually do something beneficial for their game. XD nah they're gonna milk it until the next gen release. I have 2 accounts but stopped caring when after months they never fixed the K drive bug and instead pushed out more micro transactions.  If destiny can do it DE can too it's honestly just coding and not a big big deal since so many games are being coming cross-platform and cross progression. These guys still hooked will make all the excuse for DE until the end of time. 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)D devil117 said:

These guys still hooked will make all the excuse for DE until the end of time. 

These guys not hooked anymore should get a new place to hang around.

How sad it is standing in front of your ex's house everyday and just talk smack about him/her.

I would REALLY love to have cross platform progression, and I dont want to hear any BS about it not being able to happen due to limited technology, because that is a bunch of crap when other games are able to do it, look at FF14, they have cross progression and they host eveything on their servers. much like Warframe. there is really NO REASON why cross progression cannot be a thing on warframe, heck if anything it could boost sales

Archived