Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

Now, I know this might be a heavily talked about topic and that’s okay. But it really needs to be discussed again and looked into. We all know the big issue on this time of year is people are getting new consoles/PCs and are wanting to explore different games and or wanting to play this. Now coming from me I’ve played warframe for 5 years just about off and on, on ps4 obviously. BUT the issue is the real performance is at PC and if you really want to be able to play at a high rate of gaming, playing on a computer is the way to do it. Me not being able to transfer all my stuff from ps4 to PC is really a deal breaker for me when it comes to playing this game. I really want to play this game but I don’t want to start all over again due to us not being able to transfer over our accounts. Well there’s a few ways to work around this and I hope you devs or any high streamer could also carry the message to see if this can be a feature. What if there was a 1 time pass to transfer your stuff over? Once you transfer that’s it. You can’t go back to that platform with that account. Maybe the plat might get in the way of that but the best way you can do that is you lose all your plat but all your progress transfers. One time deal for that specific account. That’s the best way you can do that. Otherwise this game loses out on a lot of other players who still want to play but they can’t due to them not being able to continue where they left off at on a new platform because they moved in from the older one. I hope this gets out there and can get looked into. I don’t want this to get looked at and swept up as if this isn’t a issue or that nobody cares because this is a big issue whether it’s brought up everyday or not. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Colman_NA said:

Maybe the plat might get in the way of that but the best way you can do that is you lose all your plat but all your progress transfers. One time deal for that specific account. That’s the best way you can do that.

unknown.png

On 2021-03-10 at 9:05 AM, (PSN)Colman_NA said:

Now, I know this might be a heavily talked about topic. But it really needs to be discussed again and looked into [...]

It was already talked about in the past...even very recently too! You could have just made a post in an already existing thread if you want to discuss this topic again, no need for another thread that will fade away....
Oh well, maybe next time^^

btw:
This is getting out of hand.
Just choose one of the first 3 spoilers below to see a fitting response:

Spoiler

chrome_daM6SFVwIE.png

Spoiler

chrome_XQeuWHjmP7.png

Spoiler

chrome_Ur2QxbWV7x.png

Spoiler

Animated GIF
Why did you open this spoiler?! You woke up the puppy! Enjoy the cuteness, close the spoiler, and let him sleep again.

Nothing more to say that hasn't been said before~
Cheers,
Fabpsi~

(btw sorry if this post looks more "grumpy", but...y'a know...this topic is simply like beating a dead horse)

Is there any news on cross progression or a short account migration period to move progress from one platform to another? I just recently built my own PC and I want to play Warframe on it but I do not have the time to put 2000+ hours again on a new account like I have on my Xbox account.

Any update on this would be much appreciated.

On 2020-01-04 at 1:53 PM, Quarterdane said:

They have been looking at a cross-progression system (i.e. one account on all platforms) from what I recall hearing, though.

i would be nice so i don't have to re grind everything that i already have on my pc account

For the current situation don't look futher than the Support/Community FAQ:
unknown.png
- https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182180-Can-I-merge-or-transfer-accounts-

unknown.png
- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

For everthing else we don't have a definitive answer.
They said a few times here and there, that they are working on a cross-progress concept, but they haven't confirmed or denied if it's ever going to be implemented (or at least any time soon™).

Spoiler

for example:

And that stream took place over a year ago.

Cross-play on the other hand might never come.
unknown.png
- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

Main issues for a slow progress might be (following points are my own thoughts):

- The game/game engine/games infrastructure wasn't made for it, since Warframe is based on DEs "Evolution" engine (which had its debut with "Dark Sector" in 2009) and this might had other focus points than account-sharing. But since it's their engine (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the engine if needed, like they have shown with the light/sound/particle reworks.
Different Warframe versions on different platforms, often with different build numbers, aren't making things easier.

- And there might be buisness problems, too. Since Warframe is a multi-platform game there are other companies involved, too.
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo need to certify such changes, especially since they are losing a bit of control to what other platforms players are doing.
(In the past for example Sony often refused due to child protection and how they can't enforce it, if it's not their own domain).
The biggest problem might be the shop and how you pay, since every party involved (DE, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, (Discord?)), has their interest in making money and opening up the market might result in lower revenue.
Ingame this would also be an issue since consoles need separatly treatments for Tennogen-items (made by 3rd party artists) and are sold for platinum on console while pc players use their steam wallet; the login discount on console is for one ingame purchase and on pc it is for a platinum purchase; and there are also console/pc exclusive items/skins ingame.
So DE might also need to update their contracts and legally validating them might take a while, too.

All this issues need to be solved and approved by all the different parties involved.

For more information: there is a thread were most of this questions are getting moved into:

And if you still have questions feel free to take a look into the other forum threads on this topic:

etc.

On 2021-03-03 at 8:08 PM, BloodKitten said:

its contract with console makers that stop them from making a cross save, they would loose money and player if there would be console to pc transfer.

currently, my best guess at a possible middle ground is progression sync, meaning your starchart, non rivin mods, non exclusive mods, will be synched, but warframes and weapons will need to be farmed seperately per platform.

there are countless examples of why this isn't an actual issue. Destiny, Fortnite, Rocket League. DE even has a personal history and positive relationship with Epic which has been making a considerable effort to promote cross platform systems on all of their games. 

On 2021-03-06 at 4:49 AM, Soy77 said:

These guys not hooked anymore should get a new place to hang around.

How sad it is standing in front of your ex's house everyday and just talk smack about him/her.

Can we just have this as a big banner on the front page of every place a consumer can leave a comment about WF/DE?

That would be an awesome thing.

So many gamers that think if they can come up with a 'plan' in their own heads that it's just got to be 'that easy'.

Just because I can write code to accomplish something, does not mean I am a bad programmer for not creating that code, there are always Market Forces and ROI to consider, especially when we start talking about Sony and MS.

Being able to face the reality we live in is not 'making excuses for DE', it is simply acknowledging reality, something many gamers here on these forums are seemingly incapable of doing.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Volker9549 said:

there are countless examples of why this isn't an actual issue. Destiny, Fortnite, Rocket League. DE even has a personal history and positive relationship with Epic which has been making a considerable effort to promote cross platform systems on all of their games. 

a cross save would need to be for all platforms, meaning all conpanies will need to agree on the same terms at the same time, but sony would not want exclusive skins from other platforms, and tennogen echonamy is diffrent on PC, and PC get's a 25/50/75% discount on platinum so cross save would completely break the market if you are able to transfer things that can be traded.

if you have an issue, got get all those company to sign a contract.

7 hours ago, scionOfTheEnd said:

i would be nice so i don't have to re grind everything that i already have on my pc account

Would be nice. But sadly it's very less likely to happen.

Just putting it out there since people still love necroing dead threads to beat up a dead horse.

Spread the words, people! Migration or cross-whatever features is probably ain't gonna happen in warframe!

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Ikusi_Prime:

Why is my thread about improvements to certain Frame kits linked here?

Because I only searched the forum for "cross" and copied all main links XD

But tell me: Am I pinging all thread creators while linking their posts? Or how did you find yours in there?
satan GIF

On 2021-03-10 at 7:09 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Use the Search Engine, this has been asked/answered/closed countless times.

the use of the mighty "search engine" is an ability you only get once when reaching MR30... if even that, i'm afraid. at least i get the feeling that people can't do those 'evidently' complex way of researching ^^)

11 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

But tell me: Am I pinging all thread creators while linking their posts? Or how did you find yours in there?

indeed you do 🤣

you did get a notification about it whenever you quote, link-in, answere or just like-button a post here... and you sir, you just summoned all hounds from hell with that compliation of thready ^^)  luckily, you 'only' chose some of the more recent ones, otherwise you might had raised some long dead players from their gaming graves too...

Archived