Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

vor 16 Stunden schrieb fr4gb4ll:

indeed you do 🤣

you did get a notification about it whenever you quote, link-in, answere or just like-button a post here... and you sir, you just summoned all hounds from hell with that compliation of thready ^^)  luckily, you 'only' chose some of the more recent ones, otherwise you might had raised some long dead players from their gaming graves too...

Nice so I can punish those people even more.
For all eternity :devil:

And don't worry I have a longer list with links, but some don't get embedded right, so I deleted them.

2 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Nice so I can punish those people even more.
For all eternity :devil:

And don't worry I have a longer list with links, but some don't get embedded right, so I deleted them.

i sense a zombi-frame apocalypse approaching fast 😱

So I was wondering if anyone wanted a Pc/Xbox crossplatform play. My brother and I got an Xbox 1 for Christmas a few years ago and we had fun with that. Then we got live and we could now play a lot of games including Warframe which we loved from the beginning. Now our mothers laptop is breaking down so she got a new one. I thought to myself that I could play with my brother if I got Warframe on my mother's old laptop. We soon found out that there is not a cross-platform between Xbox and pc but there is a cross platform between Nintendo Switch and Pc. I me and my brother really want this to be added into the game so that we can play together. I was hoping that if the Devs see this they might consider it as part of a future update. Are my fellow Tenno there for me?

Your fellow Tenno have been asking for this since the previous generation , 

Devs have indicated that crossplay is unlikely , but cross saves might happen.

It has not yet materialized , it is also not purely up to DE, it's a decision dependent on the console makers as well ( Microsoft , Sony ,Nintendo)

Nintendo does not have crossplay , there was a temporary account migration at initial launch allowing pc players to play using their existing progress state.

cross-play will definitely happen when pigs fly over frozen hell.

and cross-save is still very unlikely to happen.

it has been explained multiple times, you can search for similar threads in this forum.

my condolences for your hopes and dreams. hopefully you brothers can play warframe together someday.

16 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It would be more possible than taking xbox stuff to ps or switch.

Xbox is pretty chill with stuff being on PC, unfortunately just being chill with it is not the only problem

Yeah sadly nothing will ever happen unless ALL THREE console manufacturers agree in cross-something feature.

As we all know the relationship between those 3 is like The Romances Of Three Kingdoms.

Do you know what I wish the game had? crossplay and cross save, since a while ago a friend had downloaded the game because she thought it was amazing, but when she sent us our ids, things got sad since she plays on switch and I on pc, we were very excited until that we knew it can't be hahaha

unknown.png
- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

They said a few times here and there, that they are working on a cross-progress concept, but they haven't confirmed or denied if it's ever going to be implemented (or at least not any time soon™).

For example:

And that stream took place over a year ago.

Main issues for a slow progress might be (following points are my own thoughts):

- The game/game engine/games infrastructure wasn't made for it, since Warframe is based on DEs "Evolution" engine (which had its debut with "Dark Sector" in 2009) and this might had other focus points than account-sharing. But since it's their engine (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the engine if needed, like they have shown with the light/sound/particle reworks.
Different Warframe versions on different platforms, often with different build numbers, aren't making things easier.

- And there might be buisness problems, too. Since Warframe is a multi-platform game there are other companies involved, too.
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo need to certify such changes, especially since they are losing a bit of control to what other platforms players are doing.
(In the past for example Sony often refused due to child protection and how they can't enforce it, if it's not their own domain).
The biggest problem might be the shop and how you pay, since every party involved (DE, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, (Discord?)), has their interest in making money and opening up the market might result in a lower revenue.
Ingame this would also be an issue since consoles need separatly treatments for Tennogen-items (made by 3rd party artists) and are sold for platinum on console while pc players use their steam wallet; the login discount on console is for one ingame purchase and on pc it is for a platinum purchase; and there are also console/pc exclusive items/skins ingame.
So DE might also need to update their contracts and legally validating them might take a while, too.

All this issues need to be solved and approved by all the different parties involved.

For more information: look in this thread:

Or in one of the few other threads you can find all over the forum:

etc.

Since warframe has been on all gaming platforms for a while maybe it would be good to add cross platform progression, manz people stopped playing warframe because they switched platforms and were not able to get their progress back, and i myself see only one problem in adding this feature and that is the in-game market prices but it would for sure be woth having cross progression.

Welcome to the forums tenno.

Cross progression and cross save have been discussed many many many times. ( did i say many ? )

The current answer is they  are working on it but so far no news to share. Once they have news they will scream it out everywhere dont worry tenno ^.^ 

Archived