Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

I just want someone from the dev read this please :

I played 2 years of Waraframe on XBOX and i just loved this experience . That one of my favorite game ever . I love all the aspects of of this game , the game is perfect!

But one day , all my friends stopped playing warframe and i got less and less fun playing this game cause i was alone. So i decided to stop playing the game .

Now , i'm a PC player and I didn't touch the game since 2019. I saw that many changes came in this game and they look awesome (like Railjack). I also have some friend who want to try the game but here comes the problem : if I play with them , it gonna be on PC and i don't have a Warframe PC account.

I absolutly don't want to restart the game since the begining. I farmed way too much on XBOX to give up this save. So I really need an account migration to continue on PC all i've done before on XBOX.

I know that cross platform or even cross save is something difficult for you to put on but that not what i'm asking for .I just need a way to transfer my XBOX save on PC. I think you should allow a

every account to be transfered ONE time to an other platform. When it's done you can't return playing on your old platform again. 

I read that a tone of players are in the same case and if you do that , you will bring back a lot of people on the game. I will be playing this game again and enjoyed the experience like i did before^^.

I really want to play this game again so please consider doing this for all the people like me , we love you Dev and we have faith in you.

Much love on you <3

unknown.png
- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

They currently don't plan any account migration again.

But they said a few times here and there, that they are working on a cross-progress concept, but they haven't confirmed or denied if it's ever going to be implemented (or at least not any time soon™).

For example:

But that stream took place over a year ago.

Main issues for a slow progress might be (following points are my own thoughts):

- The game/game engine/games infrastructure wasn't made for it, since Warframe is based on DEs "Evolution" engine (which had its debut with "Dark Sector" in 2009) and this might had other focus points than account-sharing. But since it's their engine (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the engine if needed, like they have shown with the light/sound/particle reworks.
Different Warframe versions on different platforms, often with different build numbers, aren't making things easier.

- And there might be buisness problems, too. Since Warframe is a multi-platform game there are other companies involved, too.
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo need to certify such changes, especially since they are losing a bit of control to what other platforms players are doing.
(In the past for example Sony often refused due to child protection and how they can't enforce it, if it's not their own domain).
The biggest problem might be the shop and how you pay, since every party involved (DE, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, (Discord?)), has their interest in making money and opening up the market might result in a lower revenue.
Ingame this would also be an issue since consoles need separatly treatments for Tennogen-items (made by 3rd party artists) and are sold for platinum on console while pc players use their steam wallet; the login discount on console is for one ingame purchase and on pc it is for a platinum purchase; and there are also console/pc exclusive items/skins ingame.
So DE might also need to update their contracts and legally validating them might take a while, too.

All this issues need to be solved and approved by all the different parties involved.

For more information: look in this thread:

Or in one of the few other threads you can find all over the forum:

For the current situation don't look futher than the Support/Community FAQ:
unknown.png
- https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182180-Can-I-merge-or-transfer-accounts-

unknown.png
- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

They currently don't plan any account migration again.

Spoiler

But they said a few times here and there, that they are working on a cross-progress concept, but they haven't confirmed or denied if it's ever going to be implemented (or at least not any time soon™).

For example:

But that stream took place over a year ago.

Main issues for a slow progress might be (following points are my own thoughts):

- The game/game engine/games infrastructure wasn't made for it, since Warframe is based on DEs "Evolution" engine (which had its debut with "Dark Sector" in 2009) and this might had other focus points than account-sharing. But since it's their engine (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the engine if needed, like they have shown with the light/sound/particle reworks.
Different Warframe versions on different platforms, often with different build numbers, aren't making things easier.

- And there might be buisness problems, too. Since Warframe is a multi-platform game there are other companies involved, too.
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo need to certify such changes, especially since they are losing a bit of control to what other platforms players are doing.
(In the past for example Sony often refused due to child protection and how they can't enforce it, if it's not their own domain).
The biggest problem might be the shop and how you pay, since every party involved (DE, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, (Discord?)), has their interest in making money and opening up the market might result in a lower revenue.
Ingame this would also be an issue since consoles need separatly treatments for Tennogen-items (made by 3rd party artists) and are sold for platinum on console while pc players use their steam wallet; the login discount on console is for one ingame purchase and on pc it is for a platinum purchase; and there are also console/pc exclusive items/skins ingame.
So DE might also need to update their contracts and legally validating them might take a while, too.

All this issues need to be solved and approved by all the different parties involved.

etc.

... I can't help feeling that this particular topic has already become beyond necrotic by now...

... I also can't help feeling that people are physically unable to use the Search function... Maybe the Search bar needs to occupy 95% of the window like all those Smartphone "compatible" websites... But I don't think that it'll work, since there's always a "Start new topic" button to use...

... huh... I better suggest THAT on Feedback haha...

47 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I can't help feeling that this particular topic has already become beyond necrotic by now...

... I also can't help feeling that people are physically unable to use the Search function... Maybe the Search bar needs to occupy 95% of the window like all those Smartphone "compatible" websites... But I don't think that it'll work, since there's always a "Start new topic" button to use...

... huh... I better suggest THAT on Feedback haha...

I'm still torn on advising the search function since even bumping couple weeks old thread would summon all the people accusing necromancy and their never ending memes.

But yeah, @OP: this horse is already beaten to death multiple times. Warframe will not be seeing cross-whatever feature in foreseeable future.

I dislike cross plat a lot tbh and I don’t think it could ever work for a game like warframe especially with the chats. Now cross save on the other hand I do think that DE should temporarily present to the player from time to time. They done account migration before so I assume they know how to implement it.

On 2021-03-19 at 12:17 PM, Mugglet said:

there should be a cross gen platforming so friends can play on different systems my friend just gotten the new ps5 and it suck cause i really want to play with him on warframe i have a pc.

The devs have been asking Sony and Microsoft for permission to do this for six years. Rest assured you are not the first person to think about this

I just recently started over on PC, and was surprised how quickly I was back up to speed. Granted, I'm not doing sorties yet. But there were few enough patterns of those that I regarded as being worth the trouble. And apart from that, my routine when I log into Warframe at MR8 looks remarkably similar to what I was doing on any given evening on PS4 at MR25.

If I do eventually find myself missing some of the stuff I left behind on console, I'll pay it a visit. But most of it hasn't been taken down off the wall, metaphorically speaking, and used on a mission in ages. Even though I played regularly on that version up until a few weeks ago.

On the cosmetic side, I might re-buy some Tennogen stuff. Not so much the attachments, which I bought for specific sentinels and warframes that have kinda been replaced in my starting lineup of favorites. And I've been taking the opportunity to better curate the color palettes in my collection. Basically, just because it's one credit for a limited time doesn't mean it's getting in the door. This is because I click random a lot, since I kind of suck at inventing a new color scheme from scratch without some inspiration And I like loading it up disproportionately with subdued, tasteful hues to stack the deck a little in favor of something stylish but still warlike in demeanor. As opposed to swiping left on variation after variation of ketchup & mustard.

Currently your only option is making a new PC account:

unknown.png- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

They said a few times here and there, that they are working on a cross-progress concept, but they haven't confirmed or denied if it's ever going to be implemented (or at least not any time soon™).

For example:

And that stream took place over a year ago.

etc.

Something seemingly not ever brought up, is DE themselves stated some of those in charge of making this a reality do not consider cross save/progression to be worth the investment [lack of a return]. Also, in one of the streams it was worded as if a single person was working on it, which would further show how little they even want to invest in making it a thing. If it didn't cost them a penny, it would've been done by now. Although, people intentionally forget DE isn't any different to all other businesses.

40 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

The game/game engine/games infrastructure wasn't made for it, since Warframe is based on DEs "Evolution" engine (which had its debut with "Dark Sector" in 2009) and this might had other focus points than account-sharing. But since it's their engine (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the engine if needed, like they have shown with the light/sound/particle reworks.

I'd revise this. The heavy weight you put on the engine would have an very small effect on cross saves if any at all. The account data is literally stored on a cloud somewhere. This is why a login is need primarily (Be it console account of WF account info used). Allowing you to swap same type devices and pick up where you left off (Switch to Switch OR PC to PC). Otherwise there would just be a pick your character screen. We have seen the importing of data work with things like the switch launch and importing the account copy from PC.

Making the saved data readable and more importantly writeable across different versions and save locations is the main issue here. The engine is just how it runs the game and mostly irrelevant to the issue of cross save.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Zelmen:

I'd revise this. The heavy weight you put on the engine would have an very small effect on cross saves if any at all. The account data is literally stored on a cloud somewhere. This is why a login is need primarily (Be it console account of WF account info used). Allowing you to swap same type devices and pick up where you left off (Switch to Switch OR PC to PC). Otherwise there would just be a pick your character screen. We have seen the importing of data work with things like the switch launch and importing the account copy from PC.

Making the saved data readable and more importantly writeable across different versions and save locations is the main issue here. The engine is just how it runs the game and mostly irrelevant to the issue of cross save.

I see. That was kinda poor worded by me.
Yes, I doubt that it's mainly the engines issue, but since I have no clue in game programming I don't know how much the game engine is tied to reading/writing the user data, login etc.
My main point lies more one the games infrastructure, thus making the user data easier shareable between pc and consoles or the different consoles.
Like I don't know if they need to have different formats or conversions to be useable on a different platforms. Maybe this conversion is to resource heavy to be running 24/7?

But unless DE tells us something we have no definitive answer to what their problems are.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

well you better get on that, i need to know lol

Ah, yes, I decided to defaul to Chinese Fortune Cookies, which are always 100% reliable. Highly recommended as a substitute when you don't have a chicken's entrails at hand.

The answer to your question is "A TALL AND MYSTERIOUS STRANGER WILL BLESS YOU WITH HAPPINESS". I am sure you know what this means.

4 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Ah, yes, I decided to defaul to Chinese Fortune Cookies, which are always 100% reliable. Highly recommended as a substitute when you don't have a chicken's entrails at hand.

The answer to your question is "A TALL AND MYSTERIOUS STRANGER WILL BLESS YOU WITH HAPPINESS". I am sure you know what this means.

make it a woman and i'm all over it ! :-P

If cross-save ever becomes available, I'd expect a pretty long list of restrictions. It  wouldn't surprise me if being in a clan was either tied to your primary platform, or perhaps you could only be in one clan across platforms.

There's really not much point in guessing, though, since it may never happen.

Archived