Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)DarkA33a331n said:

I would love for the DEVS to add cross-platform/cross-save to the PC from Xbox. Myself along with possible Millions of players have 500+ hours on this game on xbox and would love to play on pc 

a search for the 1000 other posts about this and DE's stance would have benefitted you on this.

Ok so I'm a PC ps4 player. I have about 3 ich years on ps4 and IV had an amazing time on warframe I love the game. I'm younge so I just played on what I had the ps4 but I got older started working a job and then moved to PC because all my friends are there. And once I also moved to PC I tried the game there and in my opinion it just felt really nice the controles (outside of how u use abilitys because I prefer controlee for that) just felt smooth and everything just looked better on my computer and IV put a good amount of time and a bit of money because I couldn't be bothered to grind for something I got fair and square 3 years ago on my PC account. And with all these new updates I want to play again but I can't cuz if they eventually do add cross save in the next year or 2 years all that new progress on PC well be gone cuz I'll switch back to my old account because it will take me sooooooo long to farm what I have on there and I know I won't Catch up even if I play like I did on ps4. So what if de makes not just a cross save but a data merge where you can combine 2 existing accounts. Or what would be easier if you could move all items from one to another obviously make this a one time thing that deletes the account that your transferring the items from so you don't get people trying to sell accounts but the way it would work is prime warframe and weapones well transfer over as parts so u get all the bps and stuff on your main that or u just have more built warframe either or but the BP would also be good give a little bost to the market in terms of items to sell sence everyone's going to have dupes or just slot of duckets now. But ya sorry I ranted on but I have so much passion for this game it's one of my tope games and I want to see what y'all thing if de does do cross save if it be good or bad idea to transfer or merge account info for players llike me. I have hope they add it and thats why I'm stuck with what's the point of playing if I lose my progress I made in new content thats going to get over writen by old (not to say I wouldn't mind really doing story stuff just the loot I want to keep cuz IV dropped money on PC) love to see what y'all think

1 minute ago, (PSN)TheRealKryho said:

Hi,

It's been a long time that i play Warframe on my PS4, but i started moving to PC cause my PS4 is dead.

I DON'T wanna create a new account and restart, is there a way to have my PS4 account to PC ??

And if this is not possible, DE should ABSOLUTLY make a cross-save !!

Not yet and likely not for a while. If you keep the same gamertag you will still have all of your acquired content as its all tied to that so if getting another PS4 or upgrading to a PS5 is an option you'll be OK. 

But migration hasn't been a thing for a while.

Here comes the cross save requests, debate again 🤣 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)TheRealKryho said:

Hi,

It's been a long time that i play Warframe on my PS4, but i started moving to PC cause my PS4 is dead.

I DON'T wanna create a new account and restart, is there a way to have my PS4 account to PC ??

And if this is not possible, DE should ABSOLUTLY make a cross-save !!

No. This is routinely suggested.

Can you make crossplay? Other Games that names I dont call now have it too and its possible. You just need to make pc players have to wait too or work faster!?

it will have more open groups and more members for clans and so on.

also on a name called call of .....

you can play pc and ps4 with one account so you can switch if u want anytime just login.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)AdiosGamer said:

Other Developers can make crossplay too its possible there are some games so why not warframe?

we all pay them enough.

Think about it. You have all sorts of coding problems between each platform.  Legal issues with de, sony, microsoft, and Nintendo.  Server nightmares. Tennogen skins are another legal nightmare.

Then you have differences in patches. Pc is typically a month ahead in patches.

Crossplay will never happen. The best possibility is cross save. And even thats a tiny glimmer of hope.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PSN)Kakurine2:

Think about it. You have all sorts of coding problems between each platform.  Legal issues with de, sony, microsoft, and Nintendo.  Server nightmares. Tennogen skins are another legal nightmare.

Then you have differences in patches. Pc is typically a month ahead in patches.

Crossplay will never happen. The best possibility is cross save. And even thats a tiny glimmer of hope.

Cross Save is another Option too.

but why other developers dont have such Problems?

they do it very well.

other Games get patches same time

8 minutes ago, (PSN)AdiosGamer said:

they do it very well.

the reason other developers don't have this problem is because they made their game the same on all platforms and micro transactions (usually) don't transfer between platforms either.
The problem with warframe is not only can plat be purchased, it can be also traded so they would have to lock all plat to a specific platform, that isn't so bad.
It gets more tricky though as you notice the differences in the platforms. PC for example has 20-75% plat discounts which is amazing, while console has market discounts. which is why stuff is typically cheaper on consoles. and speaking of economy, being able to buy a prime set on one platform and then sell it on another for profit would heavily change the economy, and will make it harder to trade on one platform or another.
Then you also got Tenno Gen, on PC it is a one-time purchase of IRL money to obtain a select skin/syandana/etc., while on consoles it costs platinum and that would cause more platforms because like I said earlier, Micro-transactions usually stick to 1 platform and this would cause a problem with TennoGen as well. Plus you got the other hurtles such as convincing Sony, Microsoft, Steam, Epic Games, and Nintendo to allow this. 

In short, there are a lot of hurtles they got to jump to get cross-save to be a thing, while at the same time they got to continue working on their game so content droughts don't exist or aren't very long, or at least, that is their goal

4 minutes ago, (PSN)AdiosGamer said:

they do it very well.

other Games get patches same time

Alot of other games start off on everything or run on the same patches. Warframe was pc only for a while and well patches man. As far as i know de has to pay the console companies to certify patches.  Since the consoles don't want patches bricking the system.

Cross save is a option but still has tons of hurdles.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)AdiosGamer said:

Maybe disable Platinum buying and make it buyable only on warframe Website like an central database.

Then DE maybe needs to make some rules for trading so economy dosent screw up

How and why would the console companies want that. They eould lose profits. You would need a differrent premium currrncy per platform and skins would transfer so you would have to buy them multiple times.

That wouldn't work. No business would take such s loss of profits.

A sec. Its in my profile...

For more information: look in this thread:

Or in one of the few other threads you can find all over the forum:

2 minutes ago, (PSN)AdiosGamer said:

Then they maybe need to talk to activision or epic games how they manage it.

cuz they have crossplay games.

OK.

What people are endeavoring to convey to you is that:

• We all know about the benefits of crossplay.
  • The conversations on it have been had repeatedly for years.

Most of us have come to grips with the knowledge that Warframe likely won't ever have crossplay and accepted it... 

Archived