Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

That wouldn't be profitable for any business.  Theres s ton of hurdles to begin with. Taking away profits only further makes matters worse.

Cross save is the only possible option but its been on the back burner forever. So it likely won't happen.

It stinks starting over. I get it. I have my main ps4 account and an alright pc account. But it is doable.

Honestly get a cheap ps4 since the ps5 is really hard to get atm with scalpers and pretty buggy.

Plat is not as valuable on pc anyhow compared to console.

34 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

A sec. Its in my profile...

For more information: look in this thread:

Or in one of the few other threads you can find all over the forum:

R8 0/8, not enuf links m8

20 hours ago, (PSN)TheRealKryho said:

Hi,

It's been a long time that i play Warframe on my PS4, but i started moving to PC cause my PS4 is dead.

I DON'T wanna create a new account and restart, is there a way to have my PS4 account to PC ??

And if this is not possible, DE should ABSOLUTLY make a cross-save !!

No its not possible.

Yes it should be. 

For more information: look in this thread:

Or in one of the few other threads you can find all over the forum:

Gaijin is offering this option to all war thunder players from PS4...Unbinds account leaving a a copy on psn locked to psn but making a new copy of the account to be used on other platforms, once the process is done the accounts are no longer synced, progress on pc stays on pc vice versa. Why can't warframe do it? I played a few hundred/thousand hours of this game as well as purchases would be nice to be able to play again. 
https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/509207-unlinking-psn-bound-account/
So DE can't really keep passing the buck to Sony as it's no longer an issue you guys should be able to move promptly and make it happen :) 
Look forward to playing again. 

sigh

There are technical limitations, each platform runs a differing version of the game, and updates are rolled out at varying speeds. Console accounts simply can't be "Transferred" with the click of a button, as there are game version mismatches. If you are going to push on this issue again I suggest actually reading around the web to understand why this isn't available, as opposed to repeatedly complaining about it. 

Cross-save is in the works, we just don't have a set time-frame on it. Stop pestering DE and wait, as they've repeatedly bashed you over the head to do.

If you want to play again, it's simple. Play, or don't.

Also one more thing to note, Warthunder already has cross-play. Cross-save works off of the same systems and is therefore easy to implement once you have cross-play working. However in Warframe, a very old game that hasn't been built with cross-play systems in mind, as it was made well before cross-play/cross-save was a thing, DE needs to make tons of back-end changes to the way the game operates, and that's why it takes time. They've mentioned plenty of times they're working on it but have no time-frame, simply wait and stop pestering.

I started playing on pc way back in the day but i had a really sucky laptop, so I transfered my save to ps4 when that came out. I recently got a new pc and I really want to play warframe on that, but I'd have to start all over again... I think there are a lot of people who want cross save and cross play but honestly, I would be more than happy if they just released cross save.

This is constantly brought up and DE are well aware of the general appetite for this. That said, I would suggest the main problem that stands in the way of this ever being a thing are the policies and practices of both Sony and Nintendo. Take your petition to them.

On 2021-04-15 at 1:34 AM, Dark_nebulia said:

I want to play again but I can't cuz if they eventually do add cross save in the next year or 2 years all that new progress on PC well be gone

don't worry because cross-anything is absolutely off the list and not a thing anymore right now.

your suggestion is good -just like most other suggestions, and i'm sure are based with good intentions.
but as i've mentioned before: warframe won't have any cross-whatever in any foreseeable future.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)ItsTooEzzy said:

With next-gen out do y’all seeing this game being cross plat in about a year or 2?

This has already been addressed and DE gave a reason why they are silent on this issue.

And the reason: They are staying quite until they have some concrete news on the matter.

So your petition for it will fall on deaf ears until then. So what does this have to say about it:

It's not whether or not they want to add it or whether or not they can (I'm willing to bet by this point they just need a very important word to be said and they are ready to roll on this), but it's that someone (likely Sony) is saying no.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

A petition would just be ignored. Besides it's not DE that's slow playing, it's the other companies. You gotta take it up with Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft.

I think out of those 3 we can safely assume which one it is though 😉.

Because Microsoft basically say said yes and likely Nintendo has too as the Switch only benefits from it and likely has the most to gain from it out off all 3. 

This is another reason why I don't support Sony 🤣

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

I think out of those 3 we can safely assume which one it is though 😉.

Because Microsoft basically say said yes and likely Nintendo has too as the Switch only benefits from it and likely has the most to gain from it out off all 3. 

This is another reason why I don't support Sony 🤣

Then Sony is the one who needs to get the message!

Archived