Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

They at least done a due diligence like they said and it's been 4 months now. It's on the radar, so when is this to expect?

And here we have the crux of the problem.

They never said WHEN. They expressed interest, but never said it would happen.

So you can expect nothing, because nothing was ever said to be expected in the first place.

Just now, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

How is Destiny 2 able to get it across all the main platforms, and Warframe devs aren't sure if it's possible? Many spent hundreds if not thousands of bucks into their accounts and just get let down. Destiny 2 is definitely taking the lead here for me.

Good for them. They need the help since Bungie freed itself from Actvision, I look forward to playing that game when it launches on Steam and increasing my library.

Now go to each Dev of both sides and ask the why of the limitation or lack of thereof. Because I'm clueless here aside from thinking maybe its an engine thing. Maybe its because the market prices are different from each platform and the Console Overlords (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) have to get their cut of the pie. While on PC, DE doesnt give the money to anyone else but themselves.

Unless a Dev outright says why, we cant know. But we cant just say "X does this, why doesnt Z do it as well?", its ignorant.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

How is Destiny 2 able to get it across all the main platforms, and Warframe devs aren't sure if it's possible?

Because the development models are entirely different. PC is essentially the beta server, thus it's difficult to figure out how to keep the accounts synced in a "fair" manner.

Also, stuff like plat, skins etc. make things complicated because the console manufacturers are iffy about stuff purchased on a competing platform.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

I'd rather destroy the stuff than giving it to someone toxic as you. I'll keep my stuff and be back once cross-save actually becomes a thing.

It may never become a thing because Sony and Nintendo make a lot of problems with that. Funny how Microsoft has the least problems with that kind of stuff. 

8 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Funny how Microsoft has the least problems with that kind of stuff. 

Might be because they essentially 'own' the PC platform as well as Xbox, so they would be the ones benefiting the most.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

I'd rather destroy the stuff than giving it to someone toxic as you. I'll keep my stuff and be back once cross-save actually becomes a thing.

Oh but then it's just going to end up in the hands of someone who is both toxic and impatient. 🙁

At least I would have given it to the newbs I come across. They're always so excited when I give them stuff they don't have yet. 

Ahh well. It was worth a shot. Have fun with whatever game you migrate to. 

6 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Might be because they essentially 'own' the PC platform as well as Xbox, so they would be the ones benefiting the most.

No it wont. They dont care if you use Xbox or PC since they own both so they gain nothing. The only ones that could gain are actually Sony and Nintendo but they could also lose on that transaction so thye are not willing to take the risk. Thats why so many games dont have cross play even if they could.

1 hour ago, kuciol said:

No it wont. They dont care if you use Xbox or PC since they own both so they gain nothing. The only ones that could gain are actually Sony and Nintendo but they could also lose on that transaction so thye are not willing to take the risk. Thats why so many games dont have cross play even if they could.

You quoted someone saying essentially the same thing, you're just looking at it from the opposite side of the coin. 

2 hours ago, Pr1A said:

2 hours ago, kuciol said:

Microsoft produces PCs, yes. But they have nothing to do with the PC version of the game. So Microsoft has the same to win as Sony and Nintendo.

Plat sales on PC go 100f to DE. When buying plat on a console, the company behind the console gets a cut.

So it's in the interest of Microsoft aswell where you play.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)atpbx said:

They have had their money out of the game, you can also restrict platinum purchased on one account non transferable etc.

There are ways and means.

But why would anyone go from Console to PC if they can't use/get plat.

And console companies still make money thanks to warframe. Why would the now stop have enough of it?

Honest question: do you know how companies work?

The intricate logistics of it is actually significantly more complicated than what is observed on the surface. There are so many kinks that would have to be negotiated back and forth before you can even reach the stage where you can actually plan and implement the system.

The biggest issue under the surface is Platinum, Store purchases and Platinum discounts. If you had cross-platform saves for equipment, you would see a lot of people buy items with 75% discounted Platinum on the PC platform and get access to them immediately when the console versions get updated, people buying Tennogen items on consoles via Platinum, etc. The amount of moving parts in this opens a lot of potential loopholes that people will exploit. Any financially sensible person working for the consoles would never greenlight such a deal without massive compensations and DE doesn't have much weight to throw around to try attempt that.

The gaming economy, the market and the release of updates is totally different between PC and console. As I am strongly opposed to a "Cross-Play" due to technical factors I am strongly opposed to "Cross-Save".
The build versions are different, the cosmectics and how they are obtained totally different. The discounts are different. A cross save cannot exist without changing these things.

Recently I have began making the swap over from console to PC to play Warframe. Soon I began to realize just how much of a drastic change it would be, since I had such a large amount of plat, frames, etc. that I worked pretty damn hard to get, since I played almost every day for a few hours. One important point is eidolon hunting, which I understand will likely not be available to me later in game, was only made really possible to me as an mr9 by the twitch prime exclusive giveaway of trinity prime and vectis prime. That was what really got me started the moment i completes the war within. From there, i grinded out a few other frames, received a few primes from other generous players, and bought some with the plat i earned from arcanes. Overall, I’m not too desperate to have my account migrated, but it will certainly be greatly appreciated because of the amount of effort i put in every day to improve and enjoy the game.

Nope.

You won't be able to migrate your account.

They have only done migrations for a system soon after Warframe was launched on that system, even when people could have their account data copied to the Switch version, the X1 and PS4 did not have that available at that time. Additionally, there has never been a time that has had allowed people to have their data copied 'to' the PC, only 'from'.

While it would obviously be nice if that was a possibility, DE's track record on the subject makes it not look good.

Il y a 19 heures, (PS4)guzmantt1977 a dit :

Oh but then it's just going to end up in the hands of someone who is both toxic and impatient. 🙁

At least I would have given it to the newbs I come across. They're always so excited when I give them stuff they don't have yet. 

Ahh well. It was worth a shot. Have fun with whatever game you migrate to. 

Oh, now you're playing the innocent lamb... I'm impatient? I've been waiting for that feature since years. People have been asking for that since more than 3 years now. How am I toxic, when you showed the toxic behavior? Giving away things - almost every end game player did that. I gave countless amount of stuff to new players myself throughout the years. Still doesn't make you a good being, when you behave toxic like you do right now.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

Oh, now you're playing the innocent lamb... I'm impatient? I've been waiting for that feature since years. People have been asking for that since more than 3 years now. How am I toxic, when you showed the toxic behavior? Giving away things - almost every end game player did that. I gave countless amount of stuff to new players myself throughout the years. Still doesn't make you a good being, when you behave toxic like you do right now.

You were the one who started it.

Its a meme in these forums that for anyone who makes even the sightly statement that they are/will quit to have someone say "can I have your stuff?".Instead of rolling your eyes and moving on, you went

20 hours ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

Again, you started it. You took the bait. You fell for it. You went lower. And now the dude is having his fun with you. And you cant even report him, because you were the one who threw the first 'toxic punch', so the Mods will look at you first.

Use this:

Spoiler

Magus_Husk.e06a95548913c871fb0bd03a1691f

Archived