Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I was hoping that Tencent could intercede since they have some titles under crossplatform/crosssave AFAIK, so maybe they can negotiate a new deal/contract, but since I'm no bussiness man I'm just speculating.

It will all be about brokering a deal that ensures that MS, Sony and Nintendo do not lose out on any platinum sales, more or less what is going to have to happen in DE will have to put a method into place that stops the transfer of plat between platforms there for still forcing the console players to use their respective stores to buy plat. Aside from that its just on DE to be able to keep the game up to date for everyone

Crossplay will almost certainly never happen, for reasons that the recent trend of simultaneous releases should make quite clear. Trying to keep the builds in sync just results in major bugs sticking around far longer than they should.

Cross Save is something that DE want to do, but it's something that needs to be negotiated between them and all of the relevant console manufacturers. They've heard the community's desire for it, and they'll almost certainly announce it once there is something to announce.

On 2021-04-17 at 6:04 AM, (XBOX)ItsTooEzzy said:

With next-gen out do y’all seeing this game being cross plat in about a year or 2?

A year? Probably no.

Two years? Who knows if somebody knocks the big three in their heads real hard and cross-whatever actually become the rule, not the exception.

DE became godly programmers who can keep up with simultaneous updates on all platforms. also no bugs.

Then human become so honest, nobody cheats market or illegally abuse their platinums from ps+ discounts / steam sales / whatever nintendo & ms are offering.

Relatively older PC players help relatively newer console players and everyone suddenly are on the same ground. I mean who knows... the pandemic did came without warning, who knows where we'll end up in two years.

Also, where's this petition you're talking about? Where do i sign? I signed for many hopeless causes before, why not now.

6 hours ago, Soy77 said:

A year? Probably no.

Two years? Who knows if somebody knocks the big three in their heads real hard and cross-whatever actually become the rule, not the exception.

I think it's fairly safe to assume it's only one of those 3 preventing cross platform and cross save from occurring.

It's certainly not Microsoft and Nintendo also has more to gain with its inclusion too. Sony on the other hand has more to lose.

Microsoft has the most gain with this change considering on all 3 platforms there's a considerable amount of players that would love nothing more then to migrate to PC.

Nintendo is basically Warframe Mobile, if cross save was implemented I'd seriously consider buying a Switch just for that purpose alone and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one sharing those feelings.

So where does this leave Warframe on Sony? Considering Sony got the game on consoles first, and also the hardware upgrade to go along with it, Cross progression is the last thing they want to support implementing.

And also likely has some sort of back room agreement that DE now regrets making.

I think what you will see more likely is Cross play, not cross progression being a more likely scenario 

vor einer Stunde schrieb MollAgdeduba:

Still no one with the "list" of other post of exactly the same argument? 

Please... I need to see one of that on each of this post! 

Pop Corn Film GIF by TRT

I got summoned?

For the current DEs current take on this don't look futher than the Support/Community FAQ:

unknown.png
- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

For everthing else we don't have a definitive answer.
They said a few times here and there, that they are working on a cross-progress concept, but they haven't confirmed or denied if it's ever going to be implemented (or at least any time soon™).

For example:

Or more recent:
unknown.png
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/mquwct/we_are_digital_extremes_developers_of_warframe_ama/guiijex/

Cross-play on the other hand might never come.
unknown.png

Main issues for a slow progress might be (following points are my own thoughts):

- The game/games infrastructure wasn't made for it, because Warframe has existed since at least 2013 (start open beta) and during this time might had other focus points than account-sharing (DE had a rough start with WF, especially since they were unable to find a publisher). But since it's their game engine/infrastructure (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the game if needed, like they have shown with the advanced light/sound/particle reworks.
Different Warframe versions on different platforms, often with different build numbers, aren't making things easier.

- And there might be buisness problems, too. Since Warframe is a multi-platform game there are other companies involved, too.
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo need to certify such changes, especially since they are losing a bit of control to what other platforms players are doing.
(In the past for example Sony often refused due to child protection and how they can't enforce it, if it's not their own domain).

- The biggest problem might be the shop and how you pay, since every party involved (DE, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, (Discord?)), has their interest in making money and opening up the market might result in a lower revenue.
Ingame this would also be an issue since consoles need separatly treatments for Tennogen-items (made by 3rd party artists) and are sold for platinum on console while pc players use their steam wallet; the login discount on console is for one ingame purchase and on pc it is for a platinum purchase; and there are also console/pc exclusive items/skins revenue.
So DE might also need to update their contracts and legally validating them might take a while, too.

All this issues need to be solved and approved by all the different parties involved.

For more information: there is a thread were most of this questions are getting moved into:

And if you still have questions feel free to take a look into the other forum threads on this topic:

etc.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)sweatshawp said:

former ps4 nerd here just wondering if cross save has any strides since i sold my ps4 wanna come back to complain   and kill time while im not playing other games that i enjoy 

Try searching the forums. I am pretty sure there has been no progress.

Yes actually, they mentioned in the Reddit AMA that they have it on their radar. Steve said that the snowball is at the top of the peak, whatever that means.

Though honestly, since the PC players are used as testers for the other platforms, I personally doubt that cross-platform play will ever be fully realized.

Le 15/04/2021 à 18:48, KosmicKerman a dit :

You are posting in the wrong place. DE doesn't care where you play. If they had the keys I'm sure they would let players migrate. But they don't, Sony does. Go complain there.

If it's Sonys fault why did they allow Bungie to implement cross save in Destiny 2 less than a year after they separated from Activision? According to Google there's a number of games with cross progression. Dauntless, Fortnite, Rogue Company, AC Valhalla apparently, Immortals and a few others. Bungie are even working on full cross play. I'm not sure blaming Sony holds water anymore. Unless they specifically have a hard on for Warframe.

I used to play on PC but for personal reasons now I don't have a PC and I have Xbox Series S. I have a lot in my PC account, I put in a lot of money, please activate account migration, I don't think this situation will only happen to me. Please activate it.

I'm so tired to see this all over everything DE does, in every single social media, in every official thread, on feedback, off topic, here, even in bugs section. ANd no matter the explanation you can give to this kind of people, they always will pull the "but X company or game did it!" totally clueless about how contracts and agreements works.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

I'm so tired to see this all over everything DE does, in every single social media, in every official thread, on feedback, off topic, here, even in bugs section. ANd no matter the explanation you can give to this kind of people, they always will pull the "but X company or game did it!" totally clueless about how contracts and agreements works.

"The very young and the very old, often do not do as they are told."

I just write it off to 12 year-olds not having any life experience.

So what if they are 30, they sound like a chorus of 12 year-olds all wanting cake because they learned they can say "Cake!".

No matter how much we might want to, no one can fix aggressive ignorance IME.

Q: Can I move my Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch account to PC? Can I move my PC account to Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch?

A: Warframe accounts can’t be transferred between platforms. There are technical barriers that prevent us from being able to move accounts between console and PC. In the past, we offered account migration between PC and PS4. We later did the same for PC to Xbox One and PC to Nintendo Switch. In those cases, we were able to work with different companies to make account migration available for a limited time in celebration of Warframe’s launch on new platforms, but account migration is not available regularly.

We don’t have plans to make account migration available again in the future, but you are welcome to start another account! We don’t have any problem with players having accounts on multiple platforms.

or use the search bar....

Zitat

etc.

Archived