Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Soy77:

@Dark_Lugia we need you!!!

Thanks xD

Yet another cross save thread.
vaping GIF

TDLR:  Many companies involved -> all need to agree/DE needs to develop the infrastructure -> if they don't agree -> no cross-save/cross-play

Long version:

Cross-play won't happen any time soon:

unknown.png
- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

For cross-save on the other hand: we don't have a definitive answer.
They said a few times here and there, that they are working on a cross-progress concept, but they haven't confirmed or denied if it's ever going to be implemented (or at least any time soon™).

For example:

Or more recent:
unknown.png
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/mquwct/we_are_digital_extremes_developers_of_warframe_ama/guiijex/

Main issues for a slow progress might be (following points are my own thoughts):

- The game/games infrastructure wasn't made for it, because Warframe has existed since at least 2013 (start open beta) and during this time might had other focus points than account-sharing (DE had a rough start with WF, especially since they were unable to find a publisher). But since it's their game engine/infrastructure (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the game if needed, like they have shown with the advanced light/sound/particle reworks.
Different Warframe versions on different platforms, often with different build numbers, aren't making things easier.

- And there might be buisness problems, too. Since Warframe is a multi-platform game there are other companies involved, too.
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo need to certify such changes, especially since they are losing a bit of control to what other platforms players are doing.
(In the past for example Sony often refused due to child protection and how they can't enforce it, if it's not their own domain).

- The biggest problem might be the shop and how you pay, since every party involved (DE, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, (Discord?), has their interest in making money and opening up the market might result in a lower revenue.
Ingame this would also be an issue since consoles need separatly treatments for Tennogen-items (made by 3rd party artists) and are sold for platinum on console while pc players use their steam wallet; the login discount on console is for one ingame purchase and on pc it is for a platinum purchase; and there are also console/pc exclusive items/skins revenue.
So DE might also need to update their contracts and legally validating them might take a while, too.

All this issues need to be solved and approved by all the different parties involved.

For more information: there is a thread were most of this questions are getting moved into:

And if you still have questions feel free to take a look into the other forum threads on this topic:

etc.

DE is working on it but they won't say much info on it until it is ready and/or if Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony all agree to it. One thing to consider is that while Nintendo and Microsoft would go right ahead it and allow it, Sony is kinda hard to convince into allowing crosssave/crossplay

1 hour ago, (NSW)VenTheWeeb said:

One thing to consider is that while Nintendo and Microsoft would go right ahead it and allow it, Sony is kinda hard to convince into allowing crosssave/crossplay

Another popular belief that's actually not necessarily the absolute truth about cross-whatever.

Sony was just being a big bully because ps4 is winning the sales war. There's no guarantee that ps5 will perform as successfully, the thing could bombed tomorrow and sony might change its mind and rise up to be the next cross-play supporter as they struggle to sell ps5.

Also let's not forget that nintendo literally invented exclusivity with the NES. They're forced to play cool with cross-whatever because they've been losing sales since the gamecube. As a longtime nintendo fan, i know them too well, they have an obsession towards family friendly, live in a bubble, and treat their customers with love, care, and paranoia like their own children. I can almost see that the moment they're back on top, they will be the first one to protect their gamers from cheaters and toxicity from other platforms.

As for ms... I gotta admit that phil spencer is a pretty cool chief. I believe that of the three, ms is the most likely to be genuine about cross-play. But let's not forget that ms doesn't run under dictatorship. I bet that for every gamer-focused policy that chief spence want to make, he have to get through a couple other suits and ties in the company who are paid to focus on profit instead. xbsx sales looks pretty solid so far, if it leads, they might force ms to change its stance.

tl;dr

Sony is believed by many to be the main culprit for warframe not having cross-whatever. Sadly the truth is not that simple, cross-whatever is much further than one big bad sony away. Cross-whatever is highly unlikely, DE will need to pull off a miracle.

I really hope they do something here, at the very least a lite version having to start from scratch is excruciating. I'd settle for a cross-save where you only transfer non-trade-able currencies and items; MR; Standing; Operator XP . Getting the mods again is a hard blow but I would do it probably buy it for money since I don't have to time to grind them but I would do it but I'll never ever do it if I have to start from scratch NO WAY.

As it stands I guess I'll never be playing with my PC friends but it is what it is.

How many hundreds of hours are we talking about here?

If it's nearing a thousand, then yeah, ouch... my condolences, man. I can see some rare stuff, blood sweat and tears farming around those hours.

But if it's like 300 or 400 i honestly think you can safely start a new pc account, it's not awfully high in warframe world. You can definitely achieve couple hundreds hour of achievements in just a couple of weeks armed with the knowledge that you didn't have back then.

On 2021-04-23 at 9:43 AM, 5ph1nx said:

Why we are not allowed to transfer our switch account to Pc? Switch is dead. Nearly always only a few people playing at the same time. After hundreds of hours there's no reason to restart from Zero 

Why you are incapable of using the forum search function to realise there's already over 1000 threads the same as yours, all answering your question?

2 hours ago, (PSN)Visdomsord said:

I'd settle for a cross-save where you only transfer non-trade-able currencies and items

I do suspect some version of this will be necessary to convince all of the stakeholders.  Once they are reassured that the economies of different platforms will not bleed into each other, there will be no good reason to object to cross-save or cross-play.  I too would be okay with a restriction like this, and I think more of us need to let DE know so they can bring options to the bargaining table.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that wants cross-save for these reasons but I still feel like someone needs to say it. 

I've been playing warframe since January of 2017 (thanks Wayback) and over the years I feel like I made a lot of really good progress in not only learning how the systems work but being able to make efficient and effective builds with as little resource usage as possible and incorporating these ideas into whatever new things come into the game. It is a fun experience over all for me and it was even more fun with friends. But most of my friends either grew tired of the game and the lack of super appealing updates, which I relate to and understand given that today was the first in a year that I actually logged in to the game, or they moved to PC and started completely over, which I am not willing to do. As much as i would love to play Warframe on PC for a smoother experience than what I get on console, I don't have the time or patience to re-earn all of the things I have, especially considering that most of my gear is now vaulted or simply unobtainable. In 2017 I was just getting ready to graduate from high school so I had plenty of time to actually grind for the things I wanted, but the grind in Warframe is, by all accounts, lengthy and very luck based, even now. For me I had the same issue with Destiny 2, but with the addition of cross-save and soon cross-play, I feel like what I do matters so much more and is so much more worth the little time I actually have for games like that. On the other side it's also the reason I really don't want to play GTA Online or Red Dead Online anymore, because those games in my opinion have an even slower, more unforgiving grind, and the community of those games just don't feel welcoming at all when you're new. Playing those games on PC as a new player feels like I'm just waiting to get bullied. So at the very least, cross-save in Warframe would help alleviate the initial grinds of the game if I was to switch over. As fun as it is to experience a game as new, first times only truly happen once, knowing what would lie ahead of me, I don't feel that starting over would be completely worth the effort. I'd much rather pick up where I left off and feel like I don't have to catch up to myself and everyone else, or I miss out on the newer things a veteran player like me would actually be excited for. I really do love this game so I will say that the last few updates, specifically railjack's initial launch and heart of deimos, just felt underwhelming, but even if the next few updates aren't even all that great either, cross-save, for me, would at least make me play the game more often just so I can experience the game in a newer, hopefully better way, without the initial frustration of the new player grind. 

I completely agree started playing around 2017 as well. I am MR 28 and almost finished the entire content, just a few steel path missions left. My foundry is full of items and ready to go MR30. As a person obsessed with prime accesories. I bought a ton of them over the past years. I cannot possibly be mad enough start all over again. I love to play on pc and it sucks not being able to. I have never joined a forum before for anything to express my frustration. From what I read in the forums people react for new post about this. I am here to say that I support this post. I think this a topic that needs to be solved. Until than even if thousands of topics starts popping up about this it should. I am waiting for that day we can cross save. Otherwise I am not going to be holding on to this game much longer. I choose one game to be my main and I grind hard and go for completion. I always come back to it. Its very frustrating..

I want to be able to play WF on my NSW when I travel without having to play on a newly made account. When I am back home I want to play on either my Xbox or when I build a PC, on there.  I don't want it to matter what system I am playing on, I want to be able to use the same log-in and have all my progress saved. I have been playing on Xbox since 2014, so I don't plan on starting over. There are a ton who want this feature, but for now we just have to wait and see if DE can pull it off. Would definitely be the most exciting update in a while, especially for those who have multiple consoles. Also being able to play with all players would be even better. Although they would have to figure out how the chats would work as trade chat would be nothing but a constant river of buy/sell. There are multiple facets of the game they have to consider since plat economy is different on PC, along with performance between multiple consoles like for the disparity we saw from OV event and enemy spawns. We shall see. Fingers crossed. I know it is something DE wants as well from what they have stated. But they won't announce anything until they actually have something concrete to give us.  

I think we can all agree that it would be really, really nice if there were cross-play and cross-saving in Warframe. However, DE have not made it easy on themselves for a number of reasons:

• There's a massive economy difference between PC and consoles, and massive adjustments would be needed to account for PC accounts transferring to consoles with massively more Platinum due to the high discounts offered.
  • PC and consoles don't operate on the same version of the game, as the PC version receives more frequent updates and hotfixes while consoles receive the more polished product at larger intervals.
  • There are a number of inventory differences between platforms, with different platforms featuring platform exclusives.

So effectively, while it may still be possible to have some sort of cross-saving, doing so would be seriously complicated by the above. My overly abstract suggestions for a potential cross-play model:

• Keep Platinum separate across platforms, so that if you use your PC save to play on Xbox, you don't get to carry over your Platinum one way or the other. Also do the same for platform-exclusive items.
  • Mark items that exist in different states on PC and consoles and indicate that they either can't be cross-saved yet (if they don't exist in console versions), or won't have certain changes cross-saved yet (if they got reworked or bugfixed on PC but not on consoles).
  • Carry over the rest, i.e. items owned, Mastery, etc.

The general idea here being to carry over as much as can be carried over from PC to consoles, and platform to platform, without disrupting local enemies. Ideally, Platinum should transfer too, but that would require compensating console players and equalizing login bonuses.

"Q: Can I move my Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch account to PC? Can I move my PC account to Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch?

A: Warframe accounts can’t be transferred between platforms. There are technical barriers that prevent us from being able to move accounts between console and PC. In the past, we offered account migration between PC and PS4. We later did the same for PC to Xbox One and PC to Nintendo Switch. In those cases, we were able to work with different companies to make account migration available for a limited time in celebration of Warframe’s launch on new platforms, but account migration is not available regularly.

We don’t have plans to make account migration available again in the future, but you are welcome to start another account! We don’t have any problem with players having accounts on multiple platforms.

Q: Why doesn’t Warframe offer cross-platform play?

A: The differences between platforms prevent us from offering cross-platform play. The updates between PC and console don’t align, for example. There are also differences between items on Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. With these nuances in mind, we don’t have any plans to offer cross-platform play in the future."

https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

Oh boy, you've reached stage II, man... Stage one is just wanting cross-something. Stage two is pointing out that you have spent money -which let's face it, a drop of water in the ocean for DE. Stage three is believing that cross-whatever will actually bring pofit for every companies. Last stage is threatening DE and insisting that "they've promised" it. 

I didn't make those up. I know because we've seen plenty of people make these threads.

10 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

"Q: Can I move my Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch account to PC? Can I move my PC account to Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch?

A: Warframe accounts can’t be transferred between platforms. There are technical barriers that prevent us from being able to move accounts between console and PC. In the past, we offered account migration between PC and PS4. We later did the same for PC to Xbox One and PC to Nintendo Switch. In those cases, we were able to work with different companies to make account migration available for a limited time in celebration of Warframe’s launch on new platforms, but account migration is not available regularly.

We don’t have plans to make account migration available again in the future, but you are welcome to start another account! We don’t have any problem with players having accounts on multiple platforms.

Q: Why doesn’t Warframe offer cross-platform play?

A: The differences between platforms prevent us from offering cross-platform play. The updates between PC and console don’t align, for example. There are also differences between items on Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. With these nuances in mind, we don’t have any plans to offer cross-platform play in the future."

https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

This is great, but I'm gonna have to summon our lord and savior and see if he'll grace us with his presence @Dark_Lugia

For the current situation don't look futher than the Support/Community FAQ:
unknown.png
- https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182180-Can-I-merge-or-transfer-accounts-

unknown.png

tdlr: there is no account migration, cross-save or crossplay

But they are working on cross save for quite a while now:

Spoiler

They said a few times here and there, that they are working on a cross-progress concept, but they haven't confirmed or denied if it's ever going to be implemented (or at least any time soon™).

For example:

Or more recent:
unknown.png
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/mquwct/we_are_digital_extremes_developers_of_warframe_ama/guiijex/

Cross-play on the other hand might never come.
unknown.png

Main issues for a slow progress might be (following points are my own thoughts):

- The game/games infrastructure wasn't made for it, because Warframe has existed since at least 2013 (start open beta) and during this time might had other focus points than account-sharing (DE had a rough start with WF, especially since they were unable to find a publisher). But since it's their game engine/infrastructure (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the game if needed, like they have shown with the advanced light/sound/particle reworks.
Different Warframe versions on different platforms, often with different build numbers, aren't making things easier.

- And there might be buisness problems, too. Since Warframe is a multi-platform game there are other companies involved, too.
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo need to certify such changes, especially since they are losing a bit of control to what other platforms players are doing.
(In the past for example Sony often refused due to child protection and how they can't enforce it, if it's not their own domain).

- The biggest problem might be the shop and how you pay, since every party involved (DE, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, (Discord?), has their interest in making money and opening up the market might result in a lower revenue.
Ingame this would also be an issue since consoles need separatly treatments for Tennogen-items (made by 3rd party artists) and are sold for platinum on console while pc players use their steam wallet; the login discount on console is for one ingame purchase and on pc it is for a platinum purchase; and there are also console/pc exclusive items/skins revenue.
So DE might also need to update their contracts and legally validating them might take a while, too.

All this issues need to be solved and approved by all the different parties involved.

For more information: there is a thread were most of this questions are getting moved into:

And if you still have questions feel free to take a look into the other forum threads on this topic:

Zitat

etc.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Soy77:

Oh boy, you've reached stage II, man... Stage one is just wanting cross-something. Stage two is pointing out that you have spent money -which let's face it, a drop of water in the ocean for DE. Stage three is believing that cross-whatever will actually bring pofit for every companies. Last stage is threatening DE and insisting that "they've promised" it. 

I didn't make those up. I know because we've seen plenty of people make these threads.

This is great, but I'm gonna have to summon our lord and savior and see if he'll grace us with his presence @Dark_Lugia

Was already writing xD

Archived