Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

Since they refuse to come on anytype of agreement to let cross progress happen. Can they release warframe on ps now? I love warframe and when i left 4 or 5 years ago i was MR21 with so much good stuff! And i refuse to restart the grind on pc and i havent played since because i got rid of my ps4 when i built my PC. I want to play so bad. But refuses to start over. At least with a release on PSNOW i could still play on my pc and not have to start over. PLEASE OF!!

4 minutes ago, (PSN)wolverine7811 said:

I want to play so bad. But refuses to start over.

Well, as harsh as it sounds - oh and I do feel you, I have a MR 30, a MR 24 and a MR 18 account - you don't want to play this game hard enough if that's what's stopping you.

Starting new isn't as bad as you might think. As you know the stuff and how market works you'll get to MR20 with a couple of hundresds plat in about a month I guess

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Well, as harsh as it sounds - oh and I do feel you, I have a MR 30, a MR 24 and a MR 18 account - you don't want to play this game hard enough if that's what's stopping you.

Starting new isn't as bad as you might think. As you know the stuff and how market works you'll get to MR20 with a couple of hundresds plat in about a month I guess

Dude I remember so many times when I would sit all day and just work the market to get more plat without playing. And idk im not a fan of progressing on something ive already done. My account has so much time played on it. Even thinking about trying to get it back on a new account makes me a little sick man

I don't think Sony has any incentive to put Warframe onto PS Now, since Warframe is a free to play game.

That said, cross-play/cross-save won't happen unless Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony all agree to the same terms for allowing such features.

It's unfortunate, but if you want to pick up where you left off with your Warframe account on PS4, you'll need to pick up a PS4 or a PS5.

So basically we are not getting Cross Platform game and gun play anytime soon mostly because of Sony, and the work it would need to balance things.

The next thing is to have Universal Save Accounts that would balance and combine all things under a single shared universal save account shared with a local per console platform and PC that would allow for us to have access to all our stuff on all devices within our inventory that can be universally.  The issue being how it could crash the market so i've heard.

The other option that is perhaps the best or easiest to make fit in with the game being the option for Cross Platform Caches that works like the Clan/Alliance Vault.
That within Linked Console/PC Accounts one can for Maroo Taxes 'Self Trade' things to their  CPC account to be paid credits taxes on by their linked receiving account at whatever rates on things,  as one could add to Alliance Vaults inventory for an ally to then take from on their end,  such to be any in game resource of a list able to be done from.

*so perhaps not platinum but one could transfer stuff to sell for it or just for their own needs like primed mods or ayatans for endo, etc.

We already know the Unum sees far,  and that WF is based on Infinite Multiverse space time and physics,  with the notion for which basically being both canon and the foundations of the game,  how all Tenno are both the centers of their  Alpha Primary universe story yet also part equally of all the others' also as 2nd line characters, at the same time per a larger overall ongoing story and universe.   Having  a way to link between separated instances of these individual Player Universes wouldn't only be a simple thing to do for the "Sciences" of the in game story and lore say by Little Duck, Maroo and the Quills with some 'help' from Corpus tech engineering as used by Parvous to aid those who would seek their Desires....  but also fits easy within something DE could do to let us have a way fitting within all the lore stuff and from within the game to have some level of Cross Platform function.

We gain trades Player to Player at MR2,  so perhaps it [CPC] could be something that unlocks at Level MR10,  and is an option from our Inventory Menu per normal stuff.

We simply just open our menu up and go to "Cross Platform Cache" or such,  or from our Inventory we select stuff and have CPC as an option along with Sellable. 

From there we after making our selections then choose to "Send to CPC" and at what taxes of Credits to do and only if all items are sendable.

At that point,  the stuff we sent to our CPC is stored off game in our shared Linked-Accounts Cloud for the devices we have linked up to our PC one, 
and they can then be downloaded back to any of those accounts in the linked devices accounts to it... for again a tax of Credits and if the account is MR10+ or so.

Much as how normal Player to Player trading works where both sides pay a fee, minus the need to send anything back across as both sides are the same person.
Shared, Cross-Platform Universal Accounts would be "easier" to some levels for a player perspective but would have its own game issues,
and if  Cross-Platform play were an option if not for  /some companies/  that get in everyone else's way,  Sony,  but meh.

This would give us a way to do things that fits in with things nicely to help bridge the gaps that fits in the game and would help limit things also.

its not that easy, console and pc have different economic structure. in pc plat grinding is quick, but can't buy tennogen skin with that. now if you take that save with "PC generated plat" then access your save on console and buy various tennogen skins then go back to PC and use those skins, you basically killing the money source for creators. this is just one of the issue from your solution. 

1 hour ago, DreadgeNought said:

we are not getting Cross Platform game and gun play anytime soon mostly because of Sony, 

No we're not.

Sony is a big factor, but far from being the only factor. VERY FAR.

Warframe simply cannot afford to let players from multiple platforms trade. Economy, builds, is just few of the main the reasons.

I'm sick of trying to get people to understand, so I'll just move aside and let our lord and savior @Dark_Lugia to do his thing.

The old cross save Chessnut again, nope like mentioned above most unlikely to happen, it's like trying to get the CIA, FBI and DOJ and Homeland and the rest of them to work together sharing information. haha

Spoiler

zQdpo.jpg

vor 3 Stunden schrieb DreadgeNought:

So basically we are not getting Cross Platform game and gun play anytime soon mostly because of Sony, and the work it would need to balance things.

That's not (only/just) Sonys fault. This is simply something DE isn't planing on developing.
unknown.png
- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

The next thing is to have Universal Save Accounts that would balance and combine all things under a single shared universal save account shared with a local per console platform and PC that would allow for us to have access to all our stuff on all devices within our inventory that can be universally.  The issue being how it could crash the market so i've heard.

Problem isn't just the ingame market, but the irl-money market.

The big problem is going to be the shop and how you pay, since every party involved (DE, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, (Discord?), has their interest in making money and opening up the market might result in a lower revenue.
Ingame this would also be an issue since consoles need separatly treatments for Tennogen-items (made by 3rd party artists) and are sold for platinum on console while pc players use their steam wallet; the login discount on console is for one ingame purchase and on pc it is for a platinum purchase; and there are also console/pc exclusive items/skins revenue.
So DE might also need to update their contracts and legally validating them might take a while, too.

The other option that is perhaps the best or easiest to make fit in with the game being the option for Cross Platform Caches that works like the Clan/Alliance Vault.
That within Linked Console/PC Accounts one can for Maroo Taxes 'Self Trade' things to their  CPC account to be paid credits taxes on by their linked receiving account at whatever rates on things,  as one could add to Alliance Vaults inventory for an ally to then take from on their end,  such to be any in game resource of a list able to be done from.

*so perhaps not platinum but one could transfer stuff to sell for it or just for their own needs like primed mods or ayatans for endo, etc.

Would be an interesting concept, but not what I would like to see.
If I want to play on the go I don't want to spend quite a while transfering stuff between my pc and switch account before I can leave the house.
Picking up where you left would imo be the most natural feeling and best approach to cross save.

We already know the Unum sees far,  and that WF is based on Infinite Multiverse space time and physics,  with the notion for which basically being both canon and the foundations of the game,  how all Tenno are both the centers of their  Alpha Primary universe story yet also part equally of all the others' also as 2nd line characters, at the same time per a larger overall ongoing story and universe.   Having  a way to link between separated instances of these individual Player Universes wouldn't only be a simple thing to do for the "Sciences" of the in game story and lore say by Little Duck, Maroo and the Quills with some 'help' from Corpus tech engineering as used by Parvous to aid those who would seek their Desires....  but also fits easy within something DE could do to let us have a way fitting within all the lore stuff and from within the game to have some level of Cross Platform function.

To be honest I wouldn't necessarily need a lore explanation. (And there are already game mechanics making no sense in the real world.)
Warframe is a video game and having fun should be the priority.

We gain trades Player to Player at MR2,  so perhaps it [CPC] could be something that unlocks at Level MR10,  and is an option from our Inventory Menu per normal stuff.

We simply just open our menu up and go to "Cross Platform Cache" or such,  or from our Inventory we select stuff and have CPC as an option along with Sellable. 

From there we after making our selections then choose to "Send to CPC" and at what taxes of Credits to do and only if all items are sendable.

At that point,  the stuff we sent to our CPC is stored off game in our shared Linked-Accounts Cloud for the devices we have linked up to our PC one, 
and they can then be downloaded back to any of those accounts in the linked devices accounts to it... for again a tax of Credits and if the account is MR10+ or so.

Locking cross-save behind a grind/wait/pay-wall is most likely going to scare off a lot of people.
Especially since MR doesn't matter that much.

Much as how normal Player to Player trading works where both sides pay a fee, minus the need to send anything back across as both sides are the same person.
Shared, Cross-Platform Universal Accounts would be "easier" to some levels for a player perspective but would have its own game issues,
and if  Cross-Platform play were an option if not for  /some companies/  that get in everyone else's way,  Sony,  but meh.

This would give us a way to do things that fits in with things nicely to help bridge the gaps that fits in the game and would help limit things also.

Most simple for players would be:
Login off your main account, login in on another platform and just having everything you had on your main account (much like the first time you started the game after a platform migration, but with all items).

And just blaming one company most likely isn't true, since you have the games status/DE on the one site and company/legal issues on the other side (my thoughts):

- The game/games infrastructure wasn't made for it: Warframe has existed since at least 2013 (start open beta) and during this time might had other focus points than account-sharing (DE had a rough start with WF, especially since they were unable to find a publisher). But since it's their game engine/infrastructure (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the game if needed, like they have shown with the advanced light/sound/particle reworks.
Different Warframe versions on different platforms, often with different build numbers, aren't making things easier.

- And there might be buisness problems, too. Not only because of paying and billing issues (as mentioned above), but also due to different companies running the plattforms.
Warframe is a multi-platform game and thus there are other companies involved, too.
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo need to certify such changes (taking a few days up to weeks), especially since they are losing a bit of control to what other platforms players are doing.
(In the past for example Sony often refused due to child protection and how they can't enforce it, if it's not their own domain)
(Like naming stuff/ingame chat/VC/etc. can all be handled differently on different platforms).

But most important:
All this issues need to be solved and approved by all the different parties involved!

As [DE]Steve recently said: It's "a many headed Hydra" and it's involving a lot more than "just flipping a switch".
unknown.png
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/mquwct/we_are_digital_extremes_developers_of_warframe_ama/guiijex/

For more information: there is a thread were most of this questions are getting moved into:

And if you still have questions feel free to take a look into the other forum threads on this topic:

Zitat

etc.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Soy77:

No we're not.

Sony is a big factor, but far from being the only factor. VERY FAR.

Warframe simply cannot afford to let players from multiple platforms trade. Economy, builds, is just few of the main the reasons.

I'm sick of trying to get people to understand, so I'll just move aside and let our lord and savior @Dark_Lugia to do his thing.

Well, at least this one is a bit more than: Cross save when? xD

I'd settle for just getting my mastery rank, reputation, operator experience and if possible daily login rewards. The rest can be acquired quite quickly and besides you do not need everything I think the main reason people want cross save is to play with their friends and still progress in the game having to start over completely is a deal breaker. Sure it would be nicer to get everything but it is obviously a conflict of interest.

5 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

USE
THE
SEARCH!

Its not hard to search and read about what has been asked and answered countless times!

I think the mods need to add a filter. Nothing rude, just some sort of confirmation screen if it detects the strings "cross" and "save" or "play" in the title

Ahh, yet another cross save thread, because people are to lazy to read the FAQs or use the search bar...
vaping GIF

For the current situation don't look futher than the Support/Community FAQ:
unknown.png
- https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182180-Can-I-merge-or-transfer-accounts-

unknown.png

For everthing else we don't have a definitive answer.
They said a few times here and there, that they are working on a cross-progress concept, but they haven't confirmed or denied if it's ever going to be implemented (or at least any time soon™).

For example:

Or more recent:
unknown.png
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/mquwct/we_are_digital_extremes_developers_of_warframe_ama/guiijex/

Cross-play on the other hand might never come.
unknown.png

Main issues for a slow progress might be (following points are my own thoughts):

- The game/games infrastructure wasn't made for it, because Warframe has existed since at least 2013 (start open beta) and during this time might had other focus points than account-sharing (DE had a rough start with WF, especially since they were unable to find a publisher). But since it's their game engine/infrastructure (and they know their old coding) they are also able to change parts of the game if needed, like they have shown with the advanced light/sound/particle reworks.
Different Warframe versions on different platforms, often with different build numbers, aren't making things easier.

- And there might be buisness problems, too. Since Warframe is a multi-platform game there are other companies involved, too.
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo need to certify such changes, especially since they are losing a bit of control to what other platforms players are doing.
(In the past for example Sony often refused due to child protection and how they can't enforce it, if it's not their own domain).

- The biggest problem might be the shop and how you pay, since every party involved (DE, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, (Discord?), has their interest in making money and opening up the market might result in a lower revenue.
Ingame this would also be an issue since consoles need separatly treatments for Tennogen-items (made by 3rd party artists) and are sold for platinum on console while pc players use their steam wallet; the login discount on console is for one ingame purchase and on pc it is for a platinum purchase; and there are also console/pc exclusive items/skins revenue.
So DE might also need to update their contracts and legally validating them might take a while, too.

All this issues need to be solved and approved by all the different parties involved.

For more information: there is a thread were most of this questions are getting moved into:

And if you still have questions feel free to take a look into the other forum threads on this topic:

etc.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/3/22417560/sony-ps4-cross-play-confidential-documents-epic-games-agreements

A document entitled “cross-platform policy, requirements, and process” from August 2019 (after Sony’s change) reveals how Sony may now approach crossplay: a cross-platform revenue share, forcing publishers to pay Sony a royalty whenever PlayStation players contribute more than a certain percentage to the bottom line of a cross-platform game, to “offset the reduction in revenue” from Sony enabling crossplay.

These came to light as part of the Epic vs Apple lawsuit, so these are not documents from some random anonymous source. These reveal that Sony doesn't enable cross-play unless they get a paycut that extends beyond their own platform.

In addition, Sony is the only company charging this "cross-play tax", and Epic had to pay so Fortnite could have it:

Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney confirmed in testimony today that Sony is the only platform holder that requires this compensation for crossplay. “In certain circumstances Epic will have to pay additional revenue to Sony,” said Sweeney. “If somebody were primarily playing on PlayStation, but paying on iPhone then this might trigger compensation.” Sweeney also revealed that Epic had to agree to pay these additional fees to Sony in order to enable crossplay in Fortnite.

So I guess the cat's out of the bag. Sony is the reason why there is no cross-play for Warframe, and this is very likely to remain the same unless DE decide to pay Sony an absurd amount that is in no way, shape, or form justifiable. DE could just do it for other platforms and leave PS players behind to dry out in the rain though. But would those players actually recognize Sony is at fault and point the finger at them instead of DE? And who's to say Sony won't retaliate over being singled out by removing WF from the PS library as how they did with CP2077?

On any case, this is the final nail in the coffin. It´s just not happening.

Archived