Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Idk where to start, man...

If three countries with different currency values merges, say... united states, japan, and iran. Then you think people just gonna sort things out. I'm the one who have to ask, why can't i worry? It's recipe for disaster.

How about a dozen countries? See the creation of the Euro....

44 minutes ago, Zyffyr said:

I think the Euro is a great example of how difficult merging different economies can be. Most know that it can be mutually beneficial to do so, but the devil is always in the details. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they lasted this long, but I guess the original design made it so it would be hard to leave once you join.

13 hours ago, Zyffyr said:

EXACTLY MY POINT!!!

remember how crazy it was?? Btw england is still not using euro. That's an example of how one party can boycott the entire program.

And it definitely didn't "sort itself out". Economy doesn't have the ability to sort itself out. It never work that way.

It takes enormous level of control, cooperation, and respect between the governments. Which I don't think can ever be achieved by DE, sony, ms, and nintendo.

14 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Wow insulting is the way to go. Nice. 2 more for the ignore list.

read again, and point out where exactly i threw an insult.
i wrote that reply with utmost respect.

i said we think "differently". not stating that either of us is lower than the other.
"different" can still be equal.

i wonder what kind of people who thinks that "different" can only mean that one is lower than the other... please don't tell me what i fear the most.

any people who have the confidence to call themselves "veterans" should know that cross-anything is most probably not coming to warframe.

look it up, mate. you'll find literally hundreds of other threads asking the same thing. and explanations why it's not happening.

While I get that DE uses PC players as beta testers etc. That still doesn't explain as to why WF cannot cross save between PC and Xbox/PS5. Destiny (a similar sized game with a similar sized studio) can do it as Dauntless etc. It's now a ridiculous position for DE to take. Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Kidkilla said:

Thoughts?

I could just link to one of the MILLION threads on the topic where our collective thoughts can be found.

I think I will:

But if you are interested in knowing everyone else's thoughts even better, feel free to use the Search Bar.

42 minutes ago, Kidkilla said:

It's now a ridiculous position for DE to take

DE's willingness to do it is ridiculous? Care to explain? I think it is a good thing that they are open to it and supposedly looking into it.

"Shadow Sessions"

This method would consist in making a simple change to the host mechanic:

The host would become the master-client of the session that would instead be created on servers

This would allow the Shadow Session to be UNIVERSAL, meaning the crossplay would become a much more aprocheable reality, as each client needs to be coded to "talk" to one specific kind of session and not to a completely different platform.

"Universal Save"

This would work in a similar fashion to Shadow sessions but would consist in a script that generates a universal save file from each platform.

Each platform would keep its current save-data structure ( steve said it was complicated ) and the "cross-save" aspect is even better than Destny 2, as in Warframe it would be automatic as it can be triggered by the player logging off from the platform, so the platform "eats" his own save data and spits out the univeral one, that would modify ADDITIVELY the current one.

Now ... I am potato. My life and entire  being is potato. I can barely manage a JSON file locally without the PC thinking the abomination I programmed is a Virus.

I merely wrote this because an old friend of mine messaged me, asked me if WF had cross play, and I sadly repeated the year old answer " no, maybe who knows "

Only thing that i am sure-ish about, the thing i called "shadow session" should be exactly how Photon-PUN works.

Only problem would be the price/energy cost and security threats.

Good Luck ( to the poor soul that will be tasked to make this :3 )

Your "shadow session" solution does, as far as I can tell, nothing to address the problem of different versions of the game having to be played simultaneously.

The "universal save" is... ok. Run of the mill for the sort of proposals we see in the forums. Very vanilla, but hey, the problem of different versions can be somewhat solved with universal saves.

So now please go and convince Microsoft and Nintendo and Sony to allow cross-save, as solving that problem is the only actual issue here.

7 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Your "shadow session" solution does, as far as I can tell, nothing to address the problem of different versions of the game having to be played simultaneously.

The "universal save" is... ok. Run of the mill for the sort of proposals we see in the forums. Very vanilla, but hey, the problem of different versions can be somewhat solved with universal saves.

So now please go and convince Microsoft and Nintendo and Sony to allow cross-save, as solving that problem is the only actual issue here.

that's the thing!

This would be indipendent from any third party!

I'll explain it better if I can:

what would run the DE servers would be 1 VERSION ONLY of the game!

... that, will moslt likely be PC.

What is being sent is the translated information from the pc client (universal) to the consoles.

The PC build woyld be the only one required to have the coding to translate info between clients.

In addition, it can run with graphics turned OFF! (tho, proper servers usually have an application build for and only comunicating data)

This would be a very straight forward solution ... tho I'm not blind, the problem remains complex and impossible to tackle for many

plus ... no more host migration

how was I not given a nobel prize as soon as I wrote that.

Finally, it would allow the "cross-save" department to write and test the system indipendently from the rest of the team.

The game " contentn't " development would be un-affected.

The last thing you want is for the other team coming in and saying what you built doesn't work anymore :(

25 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

what would run the DE servers would be 1 VERSION ONLY of the game!

Wow. Wow. Just wow. I feel like I have just stared into the eyes of the Man in the Wall and seen the madness of the Void.

This solves nothing.

Riddle me this. The PS version, the XBox version and the Nintendo version of the game are always the same. DE always releases them simultaneously. As there are no software boundaries that prevent cross-play, can you tell me why DE can't just let PS and XBox play together, independently from what PC does?

I'll tell you. Because Microsoft and Sony say no.

And nothing in your "nobel prize" solution even comes close to solving this problem. "All versions of the game will be the same" is the most trivial solution to the technical problems (and one I'm not a fan of). Everyone and their mom can come up with that idea. But if we learn anything from Playstation and XBox incompatibility, the version of the game is not what's stopping DE.

53 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

aight, let's stop right here... it's not simple and the reasons aren't technical anyway

Things become simpler the more corners you cut.

Not ideal, but it works and CAN get the job done ... which is more than most people can hope for sometimes.

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Wow. Wow. Just wow. I feel like I have just stared into the eyes of the Man in the Wall and seen the madness of the Void.

This solves nothing.

Riddle me this. The PS version, the XBox version and the Nintendo version of the game are always the same. DE always releases them simultaneously. As there are no software boundaries that prevent cross-play, can you tell me why DE can't just let PS and XBox play together, independently from what PC does?

I'll tell you. Because Microsoft and Sony say no.

And nothing in your "nobel prize" solution even comes close to solving this problem. "All versions of the game will be the same" is the most trivial solution to the technical problems (and one I'm not a fan of). Everyone and their mom can come up with that idea. But if we learn anything from Playstation and XBox incompatibility, the version of the game is not what's stopping DE.

Simply put, if the games were the same verion, we would altready have had both cross-play and cross-save.

They are build differently, for platforms with different needs and different protection systems. 

God knows the hell DE went through to make builds for each platform.

Archived