Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

So Cross Save I have an idea how DE could do a good system for it without losing to much money because it does matter not because I say they are greedy but because every company needs money.

1. Make a system that lets u Transfer one time.

2. Make it that u need to be a required mastery rank. (let's say 15)

3. Delete the account on the old platform for the transfer to the new platform.

4. Make the account disabled on the old platform for so long until u logged in on the new platform. (so that if in the worst case ur account gets bugged or so u at least still have the data to recompile the transfer)

5. Delete the data from the old platform after 7 Days.

6. You just fixed the TennoGen problem with a one-time transfer.

7. Be mad that u see 0 reasons why this isn't a good idea since i know more that quit the game because of no cross safe then started from 0 again.

8. Cry all night because it will never happen and you are just wasting your time. 

Yeah Tencent too but how Tencent did say they only care about the Chinese Warframe and not the rest so if Tencent isn't okay with it just don't do it for the Chinese region that simple. 

And I doubt Tencent would say no because of Fortnite.

Somehow you made me feel like having to say no to this idea.

Just because you changed text-color so the site detects that with the dark theme it would be unreadable and fills in the background with white.

TL;DR;

Can people please stop using custom text colors that are this dark. I use the dark theme for a reason.

Then i don't get it who else is in warframes data involed because sony and microsoft just let them use there platforms (gta 5 did it and many other games did cross save)

and just saying its not that is not helpfull at all give me a why it cant be but just saying it can't be is like saying u cant program u never can because yeah you just can't dosn't make any sense does it

Just now, Weed4Prime said:

Then i don't get it who else is in warframes data involed because sony and microsoft just let them use there platforms (gta 5 did it and many other games did cross save)

It's Sony. Sony is EXTREMELY unfair with who is and is not allowed to cross save and cross play. They allowed Rocket League to cross play with no fuss, but got into a HUGE fight over Fortnite cross save. There's almost no rhyme or reason, Sony just seem to be random and Petty

i think u dont know what cross save and cross play means

cross save = progress is saved on multiple platform 

cross play = u can play with  other tennos from other platforms 

cross save is data only so sony cant say u cant do that becuase the data isnt sony's its DE data and they can do what ever they want

cross play they can say no because u will use code blocks from them but things have changed my man today sony just wants a fee for cross play

and way more important what i want i cross transfer so even something different then cross save

Hello new forum member.

Sadly at this point cross-whatever is just not a thing anymore. 

The topic has been discussed countless times in this forum. You can look and read for the discussions using the search feature.

yeah except that they either talk about cross save and cross play or that they didnt give any answer on how DE should make it and only talk about what they lost and that

thats the diffrence i did say how they could fix there TennoGen problem and there update problem with a one time transfer but yeah just being against it because u dont need it dosnt make sense because its like saying wy should we fix our use of garbage etc because it dosnt affect me 

i alteast try to give a option that work for both DE and Players

23 minutes ago, Weed4Prime said:

cross save is data only so sony cant say u cant do that becuase the data isnt sony's its DE data and they can do what ever they want

That's true for 99% of Warframe's data

It's NOT true for certain promotional items and certain platinum sales. Those are done directly through the Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo digital stores. Sony very much has both a legal and material claim on that data

22 minutes ago, Weed4Prime said:

You may wish to learn about what a Contract is. Without knowing what stipulations Sony imposed in order for DE to be allowed to use their platform, you really can't make an informed argument about what DE can and cannot do with the account data.

7 minutes ago, Weed4Prime said:

And you are doing so from a position of poor information, something your peers are trying to rectify.

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

That's true for 99% of Warframe's data

It's NOT true for certain promotional items and certain platinum sales. Those are done directly through the Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo digital stores. Sony very much has both a legal and material claim on that data

Then just remove those items on transfer?

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

You may wish to learn about what a Contract is. Without knowing what stipulations Sony imposed in order for DE to be allowed to use their platform, you really can't make an informed argument about what DE can and cannot do with the account data.

And you are doing so from a position of poor information, something your peers are trying to rectify.

and yeah sure we cant say what they can and can't do from our perspective but what other games have done DE need to be so dumb to say yes to a contract that won't allow them to do anything with there owne data there is no way that anyone would say yes to something like this and dont forget that we dont life in the 2018 anymore sony has changed aloot the past years 

4 minutes ago, Weed4Prime said:

and yeah sure we cant say what they can and can't do from our perspective but what other games have done DE need to be so dumb to say yes to a contract that won't allow them to do anything with there owne data there is no way that anyone would say yes to something like this and dont forget that we dont life in the 2018 anymore sony has changed aloot the past years 

1: You may wish to look into what DE's financial state was like back then. When you do, you might understand why they might have been a tad desperate (Hint: If Warframe's early beta hadn't caught on, there wouldn't be a DE today).

2: Judging by the recent document leaks, Sony very much hasn't changed.

3: Would it kill you to perhaps use some punctuation? The run-on sentences are hurting my eyes.

53 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's Sony. Sony is EXTREMELY unfair with who is and is not allowed to cross save and cross play. They allowed Rocket League to cross play with no fuss, but got into a HUGE fight over Fortnite cross save. There's almost no rhyme or reason, Sony just seem to be random and Petty

I don't think it's petty or random at all. Sony is close to a 100 Billion dollar company, I bet that none of their financial decisions are petty or random. They held out on Fortnite and got a better deal than everyone else. Can you blame them? They're in competition with Microsoft, a 1 trillion dollar company.

Neither one of those companies cares about how allowing crossplay in a little game like WF would make us a happy little community. It's not worth their time unless they're getting paid. 

29 minutes ago, Weed4Prime said:

yeah except that they either talk about cross save and cross play or that they didnt give any answer on how DE should make it and only talk about what they lost and that

thats the diffrence i did say how they could fix there TennoGen problem and there update problem with a one time transfer but yeah just being against it because u dont need it dosnt make sense because its like saying wy should we fix our use of garbage etc because it dosnt affect me 

No, i personally have answered multiple questions asking about every scenario and outcome imaginable, countless times, through the years.

If you really think that you're the first one who manages to find a different angle and came out with those solutions, I'll just tell you that cross-anything is not a new issue. It's a war that countless tennos before you has fought for years now. And we have lost. Warframe will not have cross-whatever in foreseeable future.

You're also not the first tenno who got confused WHY GTA5 OR [insert another game here] CAN DO IT BUT WARFRAME CAN'T?!?! Sadly it's just not how any of these works. I have explained it multiple times and not interested in doing it again.

How can you learn that? Search function. Please, go ahead and help yourself. You will find hundreds of trash threads, as well as older quality threads when most of us haven't give up.

17 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

How can you learn that? Search function.

They probably did. But they don't have enough reading comprehension skill to realize that even if celestial beings create a thread filled with whatever grand wisdom and design those guys have about cross-thingamajig, it's not going to happen until all the big guys on the console industry actually allow it.

42 minutes ago, Corvid said:

1: You may wish to look into what DE's financial state was like back then. When you do, you might understand why they might have been a tad desperate (Hint: If Warframe's early beta hadn't caught on, there wouldn't be a DE today).

2: Judging by the recent document leaks, Sony very much hasn't changed.

3: Would it kill you to perhaps use some punctuation? The run-on sentences are hurting my eyes.

1. In 2014, 61% of the company was sold to Chinese holding company Multi Dynamic, now Leyou, for $73 million.

about how DE finance where in 2013 i couldnt find anything (when WF released on PS)

edited(what i found)

Digital Extremes was planning to release Warframe for the PlayStation 4 as well, but that console was not available until November 2013, so to try to get more players, they decided to offer the game on Steam, which further grew the player base.[10] Some days after the Steam launch, Digital Extremes had been able to start drawing in enough funding to maintain the viability of the studio

2. they have changed old sony would not even allow cross play and how i said cross save isnt the same

3.i cant and i think i will die

40 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

No, i personally have answered multiple questions asking about every scenario and outcome imaginable, countless times, through the years.

If you really think that you're the first one who manages to find a different angle and came out with those solutions, I'll just tell you that cross-anything is not a new issue. It's a war that countless tennos before you has fought for years now. And we have lost. Warframe will not have cross-whatever in foreseeable future.

You're also not the first tenno who got confused WHY GTA5 OR [insert another game here] CAN DO IT BUT WARFRAME CAN'T?!?! Sadly it's just not how any of these works. I have explained it multiple times and not interested in doing it again.

How can you learn that? Search function. Please, go ahead and help yourself. You will find hundreds of trash threads, as well as older quality threads when most of us haven't give up.

yeah but for that search function should then be fixed

https://imgur.com/lkPOLoM

I don't know about the contractual agreements between all systems (Sony, Nintendo, etc.) but I highly doubt it's a technical issue.

If all contract owners agree they can opt for a once per year transfer of an account from one system to another. However, this will not include system specific content. That would have to be removed from your account or made "invallid" to use. Such as Tennocon items and such if you would move from PC to console for instance.

23 minutes ago, Weed4Prime said:

yeah but for that search function should then be fixed

https://imgur.com/lkPOLoM

Again, DE has shot themselves in the foot when players try to help straight things out... Yeah the search function can be quite janky

Well, if you're heavily invested on digging the discussions, hopefully google can give you better results than this sad forum.

But for now, that's all i got for you: as of now, warframe are not having cross-anything due to various reasons, and multiple parties. Good luck on your journey toward the cause.

2EeLE.gifCTYDN.gif2EeLE.gif

3 hours ago, Quimoth said:

Somehow you made me feel like having to say no to this idea.

Just because you changed text-color so the site detects that with the dark theme it would be unreadable and fills in the background with white.

TL;DR;

Can people please stop using custom text colors that are this dark. I use the dark theme for a reason.

BgOA6.gif

God... so painful to read through this thread.

OP, do you really think yourself that incredibly smart ? Do you really believe that the few lines of very broad terms you presented are some form of breakthrough ? That this years long issue could simply be solved by anyone thinking about it for a few minutes ? That if this could really solve this issue, that you're the very first to ever think of such a basic solution ?

Please, if you had any form of grasp on this issue, you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself with such statements.

It feels like the good old :

"make the game better"

"Ok, how do we do that ?"

"Make it good"

That, but instead of game design, you are taking on issues of contracts that cross multiple competing companies, without giving any solution on how to unblock everything except stating "just unblock ît"...

Archived