Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

This post is for those of us that wanted to transfer our PC Warframe game to on of the other systems but never got a chance as what the creators of Warframe did was only temp. I have poured alot of time and money into my PC version of Warframe and wanted to transfer it over to my xbox one but never got the chance we as the player base need to tell the makers of Warframe to bring back Account Transfer. I will say some ground rules will need to be set down if they do bring it back and I have like 4 or 5 and I will let the player base for this game be the judge and post this around if needed to let other players know:

1. When an Account Transfer is being done everything is reset. All Weapons and Warframes are locked at the beginning and all quests reset and that would include MR. (That also means any credits, endo and resources had will be reset to 0 as well and the game will be played as if you just created the account any Platinum purchased during the original game or that is left over will be transferred too) 1a. When an Account Transfer is finished a small amount of bonus Platinum will be gifted to the player and will be at the discretion of the system it is being transferred to I would suggest a sum between 25 to 75 extra Platinum just as a base for those to stand on.
2. Weapon's and Warframes bought with Plat or built will be locked until the appropriate MR (Mastery Rank) is achieved or quest/planet necessary is opened up for them. (This means Mirage, Chroma, Revnant, Sevagoth, Protea, Xaku, Nidus, Gara, Umbra, Inaros, Limbo and Titania will be locked until the required objectives are met.) 2a. Any weapons acquired via quest can be reacquired minus the Catalyst meaning if you redo a quest to reacquire one of the unique weapons you will have to socket the catalyst yourself meaning if you sell the unique weapon that you get from said quest like say the Broken War it won't be as strong as the one you get when you first played the quest.
3. Primed Frames and Weapons too will be reset to 0 and locked until you have acquired the Void Relic Segment for the orbiter.
4. All acquired Mods will be reset to their base rank regardless to make gameplay as fair as possible as the game is being reset so you almost start from scratch.
5. If you have the Prime variant of the starter frames you should be able to choose to start as that frame but only for at least two the starter ones that being Mag or Volt unless you were one of those people that bought the creator edition of warframe and got Prime Excalibur then choose that.

Hopefully these ground rules will be taken seriously and if anyone see that they might need an adjustment the post and share here or wherever you post this with either added conditions or altered rules just make sure that the makers of this game take us players seriously. I poured too much time and effort into my PC version just to restart the game from scratch because I didn't have an xbox one when the account transfer thing was taking place. I desperately want to switch my PC version of Warframe to my console and I am sure other players of Warfame would want to do the same.

Three rules for an account transfer from PC to system:
1. Contact Warframe/Microsoft/Playstation/Nintendo personal and maintain contact with them for a successful transfer.
2. When a transfer is asked for make sure the player gives either the original log in or the original starting time of your game. (this will mean no double or triple accounts on one system so no transferring S#&$ between accounts on the same system sorry boys and girls may work on PC but console is a whole other beast and has its own set of ground rules.)
3. Once the Account Transfer is complete set up a PIN so only you can log into it and verify your are the proper own of the account and make sure you give your PIN to no one.

I figure as long as both the players and warframe/Microsoft/PS/Nintendo people follow those three rules when initiating a transfer from PC to system things should be fine those that break those rules will suffer penalties at the discretion of one of the 3 companies that is allowing Warframe to flourish on their systems as it would be a team effort to make it work properly.

16 minutes ago, BlasterBladerZ7 said:

This post is for those of us that wanted to transfer our PC Warframe game to on of the other systems but never got a chance as what the creators of Warframe did was only temp. I have poured alot of time and money into my PC version of Warframe and wanted to transfer it over to my xbox one but never got the chance we as the player base need to tell the makers of Warframe to bring back Account Transfer. I will say some ground rules will need to be set down if they do bring it back and I have like 4 or 5 and I will let the player base for this game be the judge and post this around if needed to let other players know:

1. When an Account Transfer is being done everything is reset. All Weapons and Warframes are locked at the beginning and all quests reset and that would include MR. (That also means any credits, endo and resources had will be reset to 0 as well and the game will be played as if you just created the account any Platinum purchased during the original game or that is left over will be transferred too) 1a. When an Account Transfer is finished a small amount of bonus Platinum will be gifted to the player and will be at the discretion of the system it is being transferred to I would suggest a sum between 25 to 75 extra Platinum just as a base for those to stand on.
2. Weapon's and Warframes bought with Plat or built will be locked until the appropriate MR (Mastery Rank) is achieved or quest/planet necessary is opened up for them. (This means Mirage, Chroma, Revnant, Sevagoth, Protea, Xaku, Nidus, Gara, Umbra, Inaros, Limbo and Titania will be locked until the required objectives are met.) 2a. Any weapons acquired via quest can be reacquired minus the Catalyst meaning if you redo a quest to reacquire one of the unique weapons you will have to socket the catalyst yourself meaning if you sell the unique weapon that you get from said quest like say the Broken War it won't be as strong as the one you get when you first played the quest.
3. Primed Frames and Weapons too will be reset to 0 and locked until you have acquired the Void Relic Segment for the orbiter.
4. All acquired Mods will be reset to their base rank regardless to make gameplay as fair as possible as the game is being reset so you almost start from scratch.
5. If you have the Prime variant of the starter frames you should be able to choose to start as that frame but only for at least two the starter ones that being Mag or Volt unless you were one of those people that bought the creator edition of warframe and got Prime Excalibur then choose that.

Hopefully these ground rules will be taken seriously and if anyone see that they might need an adjustment the post and share here or wherever you post this with either added conditions or altered rules just make sure that the makers of this game take us players seriously. I poured too much time and effort into my PC version just to restart the game from scratch because I didn't have an xbox one when the account transfer thing was taking place. I desperately want to switch my PC version of Warframe to my console and I am sure other players of Warfame would want to do the same.

Three rules for an account transfer from PC to system:
1. Contact Warframe/Microsoft/Playstation/Nintendo personal and maintain contact with them for a successful transfer.
2. When a transfer is asked for make sure the player gives either the original log in or the original starting time of your game. (this will mean no double or triple accounts on one system so no transferring S#&$ between accounts on the same system sorry boys and girls may work on PC but console is a whole other beast and has its own set of ground rules.)
3. Once the Account Transfer is complete set up a PIN so only you can log into it and verify your are the proper own of the account and make sure you give your PIN to no one.

I figure as long as both the players and warframe/Microsoft/PS/Nintendo people follow those three rules when initiating a transfer from PC to system things should be fine those that break those rules will suffer penalties at the discretion of one of the 3 companies that is allowing Warframe to flourish on their systems as it would be a team effort to make it work properly.

You do understand that in best interest of other companies is that you or any1 else is to be locked to their system without ANY account transfer method?

Zitat

Q: Can I move my Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch account to PC? Can I move my PC account to Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch?

A: Warframe accounts can’t be transferred between platforms. There are technical barriers that prevent us from being able to move accounts between console and PC. In the past, we offered account migration between PC and PS4. We later did the same for PC to Xbox One and PC to Nintendo Switch. In those cases, we were able to work with different companies to make account migration available for a limited time in celebration of Warframe’s launch on new platforms, but account migration is not available regularly.

We don’t have plans to make account migration available again in the future, but you are welcome to start another account! We don’t have any problem with players having accounts on multiple platforms.

- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

Sounds a bit like a worse 'New Game+' feature.
And given they are trying to get a 'true' cross-save mechanic working I would prefer that over your system.

Stripping Tennos of their with plat bought frames is the opposite of what the market usually offers: skipping the MR lock and getting a free potato.

There are so much more (unnecessary) mechanics with your 'locking this till then' and 'reseting this and that' that it most likely results in bugs (and maybe even some other abuses).
Just getting a 'regular' cross-save feature working will most likely be more robust and stable.

For more information: there is a thread were most of this questions and ideas are getting moved into:

1 час назад, BlasterBladerZ7 сказал:

why anyone would bother with it then? just start a new account on said platform

@[DE]Megan@[DE]Rebeccahi question would you guys would  ever do cross platform account access  cause my small pc cant handle the game anymore and wanted to play it on xbox and dont want to start from 0 again and i have used money on my pc account and want to continue playing 

Ik you guys have done account migration before but in 2014 before i started playing but i would love to play the game in different platforms in my account are  you guys have any thoughts if its something you can do?

2 hours ago, Spu7n1K said:

Its honestly rediculous that the game has been out for 8 years, it's on every platform, and they still havent added cross save. DE had ZERO forethought about this.

Its honestly rediculous that we have been explaining for 8 months, on every social media platform, and there are still people who havent understand that cross save is not an option.

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Its honestly rediculous that we have been explaining for 8 months, on every social media platform, and there are still people who havent understand that cross save is not an option.

i havent paid attention to this game in a while and was simply asking a question. i knew in the past they mentioned cross play and cross save as something they were looking into. i was simply asking if it is something that came to fruition. no need to get toxic. you can keep that snarky attitude to yourself

Official Response

unknown.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/mquwct/we_are_digital_extremes_developers_of_warframe_ama/guiijex/

unknown.png

https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

You are now part of the list.

Spoiler

For more information: look in this thread:

Or in one of the few other threads you can find all over the forum:

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Stormageddon924 said:

i havent paid attention to this game in a while and was simply asking a question. i knew in the past they mentioned cross play and cross save as something they were looking into. i was simply asking if it is something that came to fruition. no need to get toxic. you can keep that snarky attitude to yourself

if you just paid a little more attention, you can immediately tell that i was being snarky at the toxic kid with bad spelling, not at you.

if you just paid a little more attention, again.. you'll see that i have answered your question just directly below your original post, and it's slightly more polite what a surprise i know, considering it's coming from me. somehow you managed to missed one that and quoted my other post that was meant for someone else. my condolences.

6 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Official Response

unknown.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/mquwct/we_are_digital_extremes_developers_of_warframe_ama/guiijex/

unknown.png

Hide contents

i thought darklugia was doing the list? i guess it is indeed heaviest for the bookkeeper... i pray for you, may you have strength in your holy duties.

46 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Official Response

unknown.png

unknown.png

Reveal hidden contents

that helps a lot, thank you for your assistance. while it isnt the best news, i have an answer. for now if i want to hop back on warframe i still have my old ps4 and can just boot it up. 

appreciate the info 

38 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

if you just paid a little more attention, you can immediately tell that i was being snarky at the toxic kid with bad spelling, not at you.

if you just paid a little more attention, again.. you'll see that i have answered your question just directly below your original post, and it's slightly more polite what a surprise i know, considering it's coming from me. somehow you managed to missed one that and quoted my other post that was meant for someone else. my condolences.

i thought darklugia was doing the list? i guess it is indeed heaviest for the bookkeeper... i pray for you, may you have strength in your holy duties.

my apologies, i read your other post that answered the question in a polite way. while unforturnate, it is what it is. thank you for your assistance on the matter

Archived