Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

why does nobody use "Search"... 

Like every single other thread about; can I transfer from Platform A to Platform B - NOOOO, quit asking.

Cross-platform transfers only happen briefly when an entirely new system is released between PC and that new system; one way. It will never be offered in reverse.

Cross-PROGRESSION i.e. Cross-save, is/ was something plausible DE were looking into especially as Blizzard figured it out for the pending Diablo 2: Resurrection that not only permits D2 Classic players a transfer of old saves but has cross-progress across all platforms. Warframe does not, at least not yet; provide this.

PS5 may be a brand-new console however Warframe released for PS3 iirc. Unless you need an entirely new method, that very same PSN Account back then is guess what? The very -same- one you are using right now. As the account type, access and usage has not altered DE will not allow a transfer of any kind as then they'd have to re-instate the PS4 - PC transfer and if so then Xbox want theirs and so on and so forth.

TLDR; not happening, playerbase seriously needs get it into their heads cross-platform -ONLY- happens between an entirely NEW console/ PC and the pre-existing PC. Cross-PROGRESSION or one save, one account regardless of platform is/was DE's pet project which no updates have been seen for almost a year

On 2021-06-21 at 8:12 AM, (PSN)Claudija said:

why does nobody use "Search"... 

Like every single other thread about; can I transfer from Platform A to Platform B - NOOOO, quit asking.

Cross-platform transfers only happen briefly when an entirely new system is released between PC and that new system; one way. It will never be offered in reverse.

Cross-PROGRESSION i.e. Cross-save, is/ was something plausible DE were looking into especially as Blizzard figured it out for the pending Diablo 2: Resurrection that not only permits D2 Classic players a transfer of old saves but has cross-progress across all platforms. Warframe does not, at least not yet; provide this.

PS5 may be a brand-new console however Warframe released for PS3 iirc. Unless you need an entirely new method, that very same PSN Account back then is guess what? The very -same- one you are using right now. As the account type, access and usage has not altered DE will not allow a transfer of any kind as then they'd have to re-instate the PS4 - PC transfer and if so then Xbox want theirs and so on and so forth.

TLDR; not happening, playerbase seriously needs get it into their heads cross-platform -ONLY- happens between an entirely NEW console/ PC and the pre-existing PC. Cross-PROGRESSION or one save, one account regardless of platform is/was DE's pet project which no updates have been seen for almost a year

Don't hold your breath on people getting over not being able to play the game anymore 

Any chance there's been news on Cross-Save?

----

I was really hoping this would be the year that I could stop playing on PS4 and start playing on PC. 

And before everyone tells me to just start playing on PC, I really don't want to start over causing all the time I spent on PS4 to be wasted.

There won't be cross-save while Sony is blocking it because DE don't want to add the feature while singling-out PS users out of it.

Ask Sony to change their policy on cross-save and cross-play if you want to see it happen.

For the current situation don't look futher than the Support/Community FAQ:

unknown.png
- https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

Lates news would be:

unknown.png
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/mquwct/we_are_digital_extremes_developers_of_warframe_ama/guiijex/

In addition to the Sony comment (even if it's about cross-play I doubt that's much different for cross-save):

Zitat

[...]
The email correspondence doesn’t reveal where the issue ultimately ended up, but a document entitled “cross-platform policy, requirements, and process” from August 2019 (after Sony’s change) reveals how Sony may now approach crossplay: a cross-platform revenue share, forcing publishers to pay Sony a royalty whenever PlayStation players contribute more than a certain percentage to the bottom line of a cross-platform game, to “offset the reduction in revenue” from Sony enabling crossplay.
[...]
Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney confirmed in testimony today that Sony is the only platform holder that requires this compensation for crossplay.
[...]

- https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/3/22417560/sony-ps4-cross-play-confidential-documents-epic-games-agreements

Please, read those one by one for an answer.

For more information: look in this thread:

Or in one of the few other threads you can find all over the forum:

vor 6 Minuten schrieb minininja77:

DE should just shut these forums down and set up a forwarding address to reddit as that seems to be the place that they call home.....

Yes, the forum/website should be the nr.1 source and not a 3rd party website...
Even if it's been an AMA you could make a summary for the forums.

They could also put something like this into the FAQs:

Zitat

Q: When cross-save?

A: We are aware of players requests for a cross-save feature and we are working on solutions.
But until we make further announcements there is currently no way to move your progress between platforms.
(This text will be updated once we have new information to share.)

8 minutes ago, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

Is it scummy? Yes, but the option is still there unlike before where they didn't allow it at all.

Considering Microsoft and Nintendo don't charge for the service (As per lawsuit documents) then it pretty much means a non-existing compromise if the only options are extortion or nothing.

¨Scummy¨ falls short. Very short.

Ask Sony to change. It will only benefit you as a PS player.

14 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Considering Microsoft and Nintendo don't charge for the service (As per lawsuit documents) then it pretty much means a non-existing compromise if the only options are extortion or nothing.

¨Scummy¨ falls short. Very short.

Ask Sony to change. It will only benefit you as a PS player.

Obviously, people don't like it and have complained about it along other stuff that was done/intended to be done since the new guy in charge.

However that mainly falls under cross-play so I do wonder if cross-save is not viewed in the same light as the different platforms aren't interacting directly with one another like with cross-play.

Either way there are changes that need to be done over at Sony.

Archived